Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Which Way Nlng? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Way Nlng? (210000 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Way Nlng? by peppy1: 8:07pm On May 09, 2007
kuwena,na wa o. I like u sha, I read through virtually all your postings and i was either smiling or laughing throughout. All the best as we all wait but engage yourself with other things other than nlng expectation.

As for the person that asked how much other oil and gas companies pay, a classmate of mine got a job of 320k with chevron in february this year just as he finished his nysc, so i guess that should be entry level.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:36pm On May 11, 2007
Peppy, I thank you. I also sympathize with all those brooding over the delay in the release of NLNG resuts. Tuesday next week will make it exactly seven weeks since I wrote my test in Abuja. Their proverbial two weeks has not elapsed. It was two weeks remaining three weeks ago, and it was still two weeks remaining the last time I checked. What is going on! I am agitated. angry
Re: Which Way Nlng? by Ugox: 2:29pm On May 11, 2007
Kuwena, and all chaps eagerly awaiting nlng results,
well, my advice is that u shd give them time. i;ve seen this kind of thing before. themost likely reason is that the results are set but are probably enmeshed in some political brohaha i.e, maybe the results do not correspond with their employment policy or stuff. just be assured that what ever final decisions they take (such as reducing thh cut-off mark - ha ha!) would favour you and the rest of the house.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mosho1: 10:57am On May 12, 2007
as
Re: Which Way Nlng? by mosho1: 11:02am On May 12, 2007
MESSAGE OF ENCOURAGEMENT:As we wait for the results,Let us expect the best because what u dont expect ,u dont experience.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 11:31am On May 12, 2007
Buso4, the poster of the topic: NLNG Latest, I must tell you, in response to your question, that there probably is no latest yet to be heard. But keep on keeping on. E go beta.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 10:44pm On May 12, 2007
@ kuwena

There's an update, Check https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-53269.0.html

Stay blessed.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 12:13pm On May 14, 2007
Aniffy, yes I think I have read it. It was @lemmy2enny saying that his brother that works at LNG said that LNG Management have sat on the result and are deciding whom to call, and that we are to expect our letters soon, and that induction starts 1st August. My questions, however, are:

1. Is this your brother to be relied upon - does he work in LNG HR?
2. From which authority did you confirm that induction is for 1st August?
3. Is there going to be one interview only?

@lemmy2enny, if you are reading this, please, in God's name, answer the above questions. God richly bless you as you do so. Amen.

One love!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 12:31pm On May 15, 2007
@ kuwena

How far? Any info, your enthusiasm seems to be dwindling o! cheesy

How's Kano anyway? Take care wink

N.B

How far with that airtime bonanza that you put up? Since nobody won, why don't you just give it (or them) out?

Cheers
Re: Which Way Nlng? by ignology: 12:49pm On May 15, 2007
Look! Nairalanders, when God says yes nobody can say no, The bible said when the way of a man pleases God, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him, Jesus is the reason for the season, Chill, this is the season for our Miraclce with NLNG. Cheers. See Ya in Training school Jaree.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:49pm On May 15, 2007
It's not as if my enthusiasm has dwindled. It's just that there is less to say these days.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aydewale: 11:37am On May 16, 2007
what is new today on the NLNG issue?
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 1:13pm On May 16, 2007
Aydewale, surprisingly there is nothing new yet on NLNG. We are still simply waiting, and hoping. It is the Nigerian situation; and only God knows when it will change.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 4:03pm On May 16, 2007
@ kuwena

There's something new o! Just call and tell them your exam number.

Someone else has posted something on that, "titled Nlng has started contacting'

Best of luck!!

grin
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:57pm On May 16, 2007
Well, well; what do we have here? From what I gather, NLNG have started contacting, after 2 000 years, since Jesus died. Hmmmm, let me do my own shakara. I won't call them till next week. As they made me wait, let me make them wait, too. But I am sure what I said now is so silly. cheesy

One love!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 6:15pm On May 16, 2007
My people, I greet you all. The wait is coming to an end. The Almighty NLNG has started inviting people. Did you pass or did you fail? You will soon know. In fact, you will know by next week. I sigh. We have come a long way. Particularly, I rejoice with @uleh_j, who was successful at the second test and will now go forward to the next stage. I equally commiserate with the likes of @origga, who said she was not called. To tell you the truth, I do not know if I was called or not, because I have not yet summoned the courage to call them, and I am resolved not to call them yet.

I must say to those who were not called: Your future is still colourful, and I believe you will still make it in life; NLNG or no NLNG. If I call eventually and I am told I did not make it, this is the attitude I will have to adopt. I cannot kill myself, or can I? But for those who are successful, I rejoice with you. Begin now to imagine yourself in NLNG. Let me here share a story: When I was in my second year at the university, I applied for the prestigious Chevron Scholarship. At that time I was under seriuos financial pressure, and it seemed as if my future depended on my getting that scholarship. It was really like a do-or-die affair. So I prayed and committed it to the hands of GOD. On the day I wrote the test at PH, it was with the hot heads of all the universities in Nigeria. I was reading Mass Communication. But I did not let it bug me. The papers were four: two resembled Maths, and two resembled English. Of those that resembled Maths, I did not finish either; of both that resembled English, I did; but I wondered if I was going to pass. I waited - we all waited, hoping and praying. On October 8, 2004 I got wind in the papers that I had passed at 6th position in all of Nigeria.

Your story will supercede mine, if only you believe. I love you all!

2 Likes

Re: Which Way Nlng? by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 16, 2007
we will definitely make it to training school, God day and we r bright enuf. ONE LOVE
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:27pm On May 17, 2007
I don pass-o! Uleh_J was right. I called NLNG, told them my state of origin and examination number, and I was told that I passed. At last. Help me thank God! He is faithful, and His mercies endure forever.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by ukstar: 4:37pm On May 17, 2007
Uleh and Kuwena uguys are great but always reference the creator as the source of ur victory 4 if not God, ,
Can I call them now or is it late as per the closing time in the office? Should I leave it for tomorow?. Cheers, one love. God dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which Way Nlng? by seniorak47(m): 10:19am On May 18, 2007
Hi all, just got my fate as well, I did not make it, so Life goes on. To those who made it, especially Kuwena and Uleh, one love, more luck and God's favour at the next stage(s) while we hope for more opportunities ahead.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by thought: 10:52am On May 18, 2007
Please is there another extension except 4115, cos i have been trying and no one has picked.
Those who said they passed, what did they say the next stage was.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 5:06pm On May 18, 2007
Thank you for you words of encouragement. I do not know what the next stage will be, but I know it will further slim down our number. We can prepare, but most importantly we can pray.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:11pm On May 19, 2007
When I think of the NLNG episode, and see how it is gradually unfolding, the subject of destiny comes to mind. One of our local musicians sang: 'E don sign am say we go make am; Baba God don sign am say we go do am-o. Na wa destiny, make dem no think am!' The people who are not to think am are the wicked ones, those haters of human progress, who must see everyone fail. But the good part is that, if Baba God 'don sign am say you go do am-o,' then you may relax and take the thing as part of your destiny. So that, all things begin to work together for your good. I say this to myself, and to Uleh_J, and to all those that know now that they have passed, and will definitely move on to the next stage; I also say it to those people who may never have posted on this site, who are not Landers, but who also have passed. My heart reaches out to them. The journey is not over. It is not yet Uhuru. There may be up to two interviews, and then medicals, and all what not. Aluta continua, and hopefully, victoria acerta. Be still, and know that it is God doing, and not you. Surrender all to Him, and watch Him act. The bible says that, 'they that trust in the Lord are like mount Zion that can never be shaken' (psalm 125 v 1); the bible also asks us to 'trust in the Lord with all our hearts and lean not on our own understanding; in all our ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct our paths, for the Lord is close to all those that call upon Him, and all that seek Him in truth.' Also, we 'shall renew our strength, mount up with wings as eagles, run and be not weary; work, and not faint.' I believe. And I want you all to do so too.

For those who have not been able to move on to the next stage, however, recall that you passed at least one test. God helped you. And as He helped you then, He will help you again. You are one of us. Do not despair, and above all, do not envy. Whatever you give, comes to you. If you wish your brother well, wellness will come to you; if you wish your brother evil, evil will come to you. So be careful what you think, and what you feel. God will help you to be strong and understand what He is telling you from this experience. I too have failed in certain things, and I have learnt from my failure that those things were not what I should do. And even in this NLNG, I could still fail at the next stage, and then what I am now telling you could apply to me. So, what I say to one I say to all: Be happy. Be resigned; be tranquil.

My people, let us be human, and let us let God be God.

1 Like

Re: Which Way Nlng? by eesaah(m): 3:23pm On May 19, 2007
@Kuwena
Well said.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:01pm On May 21, 2007
I think it all has to do with perception, though. Everybody has his own way of doing things. Kuwena does not have to be right every time. He is not the only one who passed. We are happy with all of them.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 2:07pm On May 21, 2007
Essentiall though, I like and appreciate the insights given by sammy77 on what an assessment centre is all about. Rumours are flying this wa and that, that this is going to be the next step in the selection process. Also, orrigga or some other fellow was asking if a serving corper passed. I am a serving corper, september 2006 was when I started serving, and we expect to finish in August. Yet my name came out. Could it be they did not know I was still serving, or will they plan the recruitment process in such a way that currently serving members would also be part of it? This life is full of mysteries. So is NLNG.

One love, as always. wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by thought: 6:41pm On May 21, 2007
Yeah kewena i also know serving corper that passed, except that is also a coincidence. Well i thank God to be counted as one of those that passed but who else asked what the next stage is because, the person i spoke to suggested a 3rd test even though it is unconfirmed. So please for subsequent callers, do well to find out what the next stage would be so that we stop speculating.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by dipoowo(m): 10:02pm On May 21, 2007
[color=#990000][/color] cool Hi Lummy, PLS help me. I need 2 be informedĀ  on how 2 know if I was successful or not.
My Contact are as follows
owojuyigbe@yahoo.com
Owojuyigbe Oladipupo samson
NLNG Exam No : 181763
Pls help me out.
THANKS SO MUCH.
REGARDS
DIPO OWOJUYIGBE
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 8:12pm On May 22, 2007
@ kuwena

KUWWEEENNNAAAAA!!!!! COOOOMMME FOOOORRRTTTHHHH!!!! grin

Just checking if you are still kicking!!! tongue

Do you have tips for the forthcoming interview?

Spill the beans, wink
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:12pm On May 23, 2007
I am still here. I do not know anything about the next stage. But I do not think it will be a third test. I do not think so at all. Rather, I think it will be a first interview, or at least an Assessment Centre, similar to Shell Recruitmen Day stuff. I have no sure reason to think so, as indeed I have not contacted anyone that works in NLNG HR, but I just feel in my heart that it cannot be time for a third test. They have slimmed the number down enough already. It's time for them to know those they have picked personally. And of course, as a serving corper, I want their timing to coincide with the middle of August when we shall be passing out. So let them not hurry. Let them take their time. Let them send us letters of invitation to the next stage anytime next month. Let them ponder well. Let them not make mistakes.

Let us hope. God dey.
One love, as usual! smiley
Re: Which Way Nlng? by kuwena(m): 3:16pm On May 23, 2007
By the way, @ anniffy4eva, you have not told us if you passed at all. Have you called NLNG? I want to know your story; I like your enthusiasm. We all want so bad to have meaning for living. Me, you, @ thought - all of us. I want to believe anyway that this is what God also wants. He said in His word: 'My thoughts for you are of good, and not of evil; to bring you to an expected end.' May we get there.

For those who love me as much as I love them, here is my number. Feel free to ping me anytime: 08063684321.

REMAIN IN MY LOVE.
Re: Which Way Nlng? by aniffy4eva(m): 3:48pm On May 23, 2007
@ kuwena

Its good to have u around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (152) (Reply)

The Nigerian Navy Screening List (NNBTS Training) Batch-23/24 / Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / NPC Launches E-recruitment Portal For 2023 Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.