Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist (39808 Views)

I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead / How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Back? / See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Russi: 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2018
Opinion is CHEAP...
Go and get it measured, touched, examined etc because it may be anything from a non-starter to a malignant tumour.
This is the wrongest place to seek advice

mykell56:
Hello Nairalanders, I have this Growth on my right wrist and i really don't know what it is or what caused it,i woke up one morning and found the growth on my wrist.

who has an idea of what this is and How do I get rid of this it's been there for a while.
it doesn't hurt but I want to get rid of it.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by vicfy(m): 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2018
slimjohn2k5:
Please dont waste money on any surgery. This thing was once on my hand too and is caused by fluid gathering on that region of your hand. Just ensure when sleeping u keep that hand straight it will gradually disappear.
Dts exactly how mine vanished. But my friend had a her own surgically removed, it grew back, n later vanished as well.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by kclem(m): 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2018
First of all sorry about this, The only solution u have is believe it will disappear.1: Go for surgery so as to remove the fluids in it your wrist, 2: Look for fresh Turmeric roots and black pepper known as Pepper corn also called by iyere in Yoruba Lang and Garlic, grind all together and be taking it often morning and evening with either morning Tea and Pap or any how u would like it. It will never grow, the garlic won't allow bloody formation in ur system and the turmeric won't allow formation too, the pepper corn I mean will allowed turmeric to go in ur blood stream by opening the tissues in stomach. Do this and relax ur sef. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Sholaco: 12:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
Sorry brother! If u have faith like a mustard seed then u can said to a mountain that it should cast it self in to the sea.....if u v faith nd u r a true believer that Jesus Christ die nd resurrected and u bliv that Jesus lives...Then say to that growth to leave that wrist
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Qunu: 12:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
I once had it on my wrist many years ago. It disappeared gradually. Don't worry it comes and goes on it's own.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by abdulaz: 12:40pm On Oct 28, 2018
BigSarah:
I know someone who has such growth on their forehead and it never went away, cry

I think a former Governor of Delta State also has one on his forehead too.

I may be wrong though. cool
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by jaxxy(m): 12:40pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:
Hello Nairalanders, I have this Growth on my right wrist and i really don't know what it is or what caused it,i woke up one morning and found the growth on my wrist.

who has an idea of what this is and How do I get rid of this it's been there for a while.

It’s called a ganglion. It can go by itself smtmes or by minor a surgery like draining out the liquid in it or totally removing it.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by matrixmuzi: 12:42pm On Oct 28, 2018
I had this on my wrist too and went to the doctor he told me it will disappear and after some months it disappeared . Just massage it gently once in a while. It will dissolve .it's accumulation of oil.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Ten06(m): 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:

My elder brother got something like this when we were young. It was Boar fat (snake oil) he started applying on it that melt it. Though, then ours was in a village setting without access to doctor
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by jefferyboy: 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2018
It's just a matter of time..it will go down..but see a doctor for Better treatment
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by 2nattie(m): 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2018
Had one on my right as a 6 year old. My mum used to scare with the possibility of having my wrist operated on. But it disappeared on its own. I can even remember when it disappeared but I can remember that my wrist was no longer disfigured. I can't say if this will be same for an adult. Get medical advice though
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by nhiyo(m): 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:
This is the growth

Same thing happened to me and I went for a surgical operation. Since then have been fine.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by krisdzhon: 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2018
You don't need any surgery, OP. I once had same on my right wrist. I made a drastic change in meal (I eat more of Bambara Nut Meal), while avoiding C.R.A.P. (Carbonated drinks, Refined sugar, Artificial food, Processed food). It eventually disappeared! It is called
Tendinitis of wrist: https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/arthritis-tendinitis
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Ceska(f): 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2018
It's called ganglion cyst. It could go away on its own or require surgical procedure. Most times , it is painless and harmless. A surgery also doesn't guarantee that it won't grow back. I had to surgically remove mine twice from the same spot for cosmetic purposes.

1 Share

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by biomedics(m): 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2018
Most likely a lipoma.
Do a soft tissue USS of it after which you will know the next line of action.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by murphybo(m): 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2018
ganiyu26:
It was on my wrist b4,but some1 advice me to hit it with a stirrer which i did and sice den av not seen it appear again up to 3years now. Its a blood clot which is not adviceable to operate
Not easy but it works I have on both hands before a cousin of mine helped one day by massaging it so hard until very warm suddenly without my consent she gave it a heavy blow and it disappear immediately but fear haven't made me do the second hand but it's reduce nw unlk b4
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by jaymaf(m): 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2018
That should be ganglion cyst. But go to a hospital for proper and physical diagnosis. It can be removed through a minor surgery. Stay safe
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by PrincessB1(f): 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2018
islandmoon:
use pressing iron on it twice daily.
Wickedt grin grin
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by SEXYBILLIONAIRE(m): 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2018
i am surprised u fuckerss never blamed it on village people. we are heading some where gradually smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by kenedy175(m): 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2018
It's a ganglion cyst. You need a minor surgical excision.

It could also be treated by incision and drainage but it will re-occur.

Therefore, the main stay of treatment is surgery. And it's easy and fast
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by spafu(m): 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:

When did it appear? My own first appeared about 20 years ago and one day, while playing football, I fell with the hand getting to the ground first and that was how it disappeared. It came back about four years after and stayed for several years until it disappeared again, some few years back.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Justbeingreal(m): 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2018
Had this one time took it to see a doc.... No surgical ish as someone up there suggested just some medications n a cream to rub on it n bam it disappeared that doctor was good thank God too cuz I hated it..

Don't do the surgical procedure treat it normally first go and see a doc not nairaland.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Mdtoba(m): 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:
This is the growth
it is called ganglion cyst so don't panic.u have two options a minimal surgery to remove the cyst or the cyst resolves on it own
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by stankezzy: 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2018
mine disappeared when I anointed it with olive oil blessed by apostle suleman
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
slimjohn2k5:
Please dont waste money on any surgery. This thing was once on my hand too and is caused by fluid gathering on that region of your hand. Just ensure when sleeping u keep that hand straight it will gradually disappear.
This one na babalawo grin
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by xtervaganza(m): 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
Alepa:

Lmao !
Don’t misinform the op !
This thing will not disappear on its own .
But op is not serious though. Is this place a hospital
oga, my elder brother had the same thing and it disappeared by itself in a year or so
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by D1zion: 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2018
My sister has it on her hand too, it comes & goes, some people asked her to get anywhere they are cooking with firewood & check the bottom the one she see with something like flud coming out, she should get the flud & be rubbing it there.& she tried it after three days it went back but came back again. She said its not painful though.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Godmademan(m): 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2018
very likely a ganglion

Ganglion Cysts: This is the most common tumor in the hand and wrist. Ganglion cysts are seen frequently in the wrist but can occur at the base of the fingers or around the finger joints. The cyst is typically filled with fluid, and it will feel very firm. There are several treatment options for a ganglion cyst, including observation (doing nothing), aspiration (puncturing with a needle) or surgically removing it.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by donmatin(m): 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2018
DALE917:
It would go on its own
My mom had it and it left on it's own
You can follow your doctor's advice tho
your dentition is cool.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Odun11: 1:03pm On Oct 28, 2018
Go check your BP. It is a sign of fat buildup along your veins. Got rid of mine after exercising and BP normalised
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by ali1saidu(m): 1:03pm On Oct 28, 2018
my mom has it too, but it eventually disappeared
DALE917:
It would go on its own
My mom had it and it left on it's own
You can follow your doctor's advice tho
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Celmatador(m): 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2018
Alepa:

Lmao !
Don’t misinform the op !
This thing will not disappear on its own .
But op is not serious though. Is this place a hospital
Keep quiet please..the guy is right. I had the same growth on my left wrist all of a sudden. It's went away by itself after some time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coronavirus: 28 Persons Quarantined In Ogun – Gov Abiodun / Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack / Jyoti Amge: The Smallest Woman In The World (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.