Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist (39817 Views)

I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead / How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Back? / See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by pamb: 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2018
I have the similar things in my hand,my surgeon friend help me to operate it,and stitch it layer by layer,he did everything in my present while I was watching him,but after one hour I started feeling the pain.since that time the growth is no more after twelve years.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by amba03: 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2018
In my case, I had it on my wrist for a while, I never went to a doctor until one developed behind my ears.

They prescribed kimoral (I am not too sure of the spelling now but the tablet was red) and some anti-biotics. Both (wrist and ear) were healed within a week and it has been like that ever since (2004).

Please seek the opinion of another doctor, you shouldn't need surgery.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Anijay1212(m): 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2018
islandmoon:
use pressing iron on it twice daily.
Lol...
You no well at all.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by ZAMZINE(m): 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:
Hello Nairalanders, I have this Growth on my right wrist and i really don't know what it is or what caused it,i woke up one morning and found the growth on my wrist.

who has an idea of what this is and How do I get rid of this it's been there for a while.
it doesn't hurt but I want to get rid of it.

You might have strained your wrist unknowingly and what you have swelling there is a fluid that is there to cushion your bones from directly grinding over each other as you carry out your daily chores. That fluid sipped out into the space between your skin and your wrist bones{wrong environment} they tend to harden and form a thick gel. Like someone said a simple surgery will remove it, I simply got a crape bandage and started strapping my wrist tightly anytime am not going out and all through the night, this procedure helped me to make it disappear. So get a crape bandage and start to strap it for days and Or kuku go hospital make dem help you remove am. I got mine from lifting weights without strapping my wrists and I could remove it by strapping my wrist with a bandage. It may not be comfortable initially but it will go. Losses up once in a while to allow blood flow to your fingers.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Ekitibiased(m): 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2018
Contact me on whatsapp 08114000400
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Redfruit(m): 1:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:
Please help out
It is probably a ganglion and is benign. You can leave it if you choose since it had no bad consequences. But if for cosmetic reasons, you choose to remove it, it can be done in any good hospital and you will be discharged same day

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Steph2328: 1:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
See a doctor
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by uboma(m): 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2018
Sunofgod:
Pierce it....with a hot neddle or syringe,

bad advise.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by SolutionMee: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:
Hello Nairalanders, I have this Growth on my right wrist and i really don't know what it is or what caused it,i woke up one morning and found the growth on my wrist.

who has an idea of what this is and How do I get rid of this it's been there for a while.
cheesy
I have it on my hand. It's nothing. It's called cyclist wrist ganglion. Scientifically, there's no known cause and cure. Even if you get rid of it through surgery, it may/will still resurface after some weeks. Just chill somewhere and enjoy your life.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Ademoore07(m): 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2018
Some response are very funny. Someone even made mention of fake causes. Keith Moore's clinical oriented anatomy simply says the cause is unknown but can be due to excess mucosal secretions. So where did all these quacks got their info. That lump is called "Synovial cyst" or "ganglion".

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by adisabarber(m): 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2018
joyblinks:

Dnt argue what you dont know.

Its Called Ganglon. Mine also disappeared on its own.... When I was told it was liquid that gathered, I had to start pressing it o. the thing left on its own.

Ganglion
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Silumi(f): 1:23pm On Oct 28, 2018
Looks like a ganglion but then if there are no symptoms you could just chill with it
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by GeorgeTheCoder: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2018
slimjohn2k5:
Please dont waste money on any surgery. This thing was once on my hand too and is caused by fluid gathering on that region of your hand. Just ensure when sleeping u keep that hand straight it will gradually disappear.

I frequently wonder what people like you utilize their education for ? What's the purpose of going to school if you still think and express yourself like an illiterate ?
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by yemifez: 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2018
Meel:
That should be lipoma, but it will be cool to go see a doc.
Nope, most likely a ganglion cyst.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by deavicky(m): 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2018
Obinna na your hand be that?
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by meromero11: 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2018
Olukat:
I hope you aren't scared of seeking for proper medical attention?
Asking for help here will make you lose your arm if not careful.
Pls. Visit a qualified medical practitioner.
True. Everybody wan form doctor, Naija!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Engrgeneral(m): 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2018
It would disappear with time. I had it at sometime and it disappeared after some time.
Please dont waste money on any surgery. This thing was once on my hand too and is caused by fluid gathering on that region of your hand. Just ensure when sleeping u keep that hand straight it will gradually disappear.[/quote]
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by meromero11: 1:30pm On Oct 28, 2018
Ekitibiased:
Contact me on whatsapp 08114000400
Contact you for what? For Ekiti herbal prescription? Please drop your contribution here.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Mofpearl: 1:30pm On Oct 28, 2018
Looks like a ganglion cyst. It might disappear on its own. If it really bothers you, you can have it drained (might regrow back) or surgically removed ( might still grow back).
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by timilinda(f): 1:37pm On Oct 28, 2018
Alepa:

Lmao !
Don’t misinform the op !
This thing will not disappear on its own .
But op is not serious though. Is this place a hospital

I used to have it a lot when I was much younger. It often came n went on its own. It could be painful sometimes. I never did anything about it, it stopped on its own too.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by bewla(m): 1:42pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:
This is the growth
u sure say no b family line
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Godsmercy11: 1:42pm On Oct 28, 2018
I think its a lipoma i also remove one on the back of my head 1 year ago and the stitches still hurt me once in a while as i type this... i will advice u let it be since its not harmful and might even course scar if u have it surgically removed

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Zikachat(m): 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2018
I have it on my left wrist also then.

just fine a broken calabash then hold it close to fire when its hot use it to be massaging that spot,,,do it for 3 days den it will be a gonner...
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by MRAKBEE(m): 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:

I had sth similar at the exact spot.I message it only for it to reduce in size and increase again after some days I had to undergo a simple surgery to remove it. It's now gone
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by MedicalSamwise(m): 1:48pm On Oct 28, 2018
Synovial cyst?
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by octatowa(m): 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
slimjohn2k5:
Please dont waste money on any surgery. This thing was once on my hand too and is caused by fluid gathering on that region of your hand. Just ensure when sleeping u keep that hand straight it will gradually disappear.
grin grin grin grin grin...
Big Joke!!!
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by gcof(m): 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
meromero11:

Contact you for what? For Ekiti herbal prescription? Please drop your contribution here.
una no go kee me ooo

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by alfarouq(m): 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2018
I believe you hit your wrist somewhere and you ignored it which later resulted in inflammation.
Get duclofenac and an antibiotic. Take it for a week and watch it disappear.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by somegirl1: 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2018
It's a Ganglion cyst.
Solutions-
1. Stop lifting heavy items, it will disappear over time. Eating some clay e.g. Nzu / Calabar, might speed up this process.

2. Surgery

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Talk2david1(m): 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2018
Use Aboniki Balm on it or check into a hospital.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Mbenny(m): 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:
This is the growth
l once have similar growth on my wrist which was as a result of doing pressup but it later go off. i advice u reduce pressure on the wrist it will go off.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by October1960: 2:03pm On Oct 28, 2018
Simple surgery to remove. Hope in Nigeria it’s simple enough.

Don’t listen to speculation on Nairaland seek qualified medical opinion and solution.

Of course please don’t waste time with pastors and witch doctors (same lies) and surely don’t waste time with so called holy water and anointed oil that’s all superstition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack / Jyoti Amge: The Smallest Woman In The World (Photos) / Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.