Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist (39811 Views)

I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead / How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Back? / See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by skillmyman(m): 2:06pm On Oct 28, 2018
Op, it is a ganglion and it is caused when you work on a computer or a type writer and you do not sit down in a good position. Google ergonomics and find out abt it. The positioning of your wrist on a table while working caused it. Use cold ice on it but it should go by itself when you sayou take the correct position whils working

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by sarutobi: 2:08pm On Oct 28, 2018
Get a surgery.

I got a surgery and it reappeared.

But then I forced it back in by hitting it with hard objects.

It finally disappeared 8 years ago.

But you will have a scar though

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by actrinity(m): 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:

really...There were times wen it would become smaller like it's about to disappear but after sometime it would resurface and become very hard.

it has been on my wrist for almost a year now.
i had this in my two wrists for 13yrs, but got disappeared two years ago. my secret was hitting my wrists, those places on the wall. I even used hammer on them and it gradually got inside.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Leo44(m): 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2018
It is a ganglion cyst..it has d tendency of growing again after being surgically operated on..it is most common at the wrist joint..
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Rockstar07: 2:12pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:
Hello Nairalanders, I have this Growth on my right wrist and i really don't know what it is or what caused it,i woke up one morning and found the growth on my wrist.

who has an idea of what this is and How do I get rid of this it's been there for a while.
it doesn't hurt but I want to get rid of it.

Chief, don’t waste your money on any surgery. It’ll only leave a scar at the end of the surgery. Ganglion Cysts disappear after awhile. It does appear and disappear on my wrist. It’s not harmful and nothing to worry about.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Ekitibiased(m): 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by duketunde: 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2018
I have same growth and was so worried until I show my doc friend and he told me its just not a big deal, that we will cut it open and told me to read about ganglion cyst.
mykell56:
This is the growth

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Kaysalas(m): 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:
Hello Nairalanders, I have this Growth on my right wrist and i really don't know what it is or what caused it,i woke up one morning at.
i once had it too, infact on both hands. it will go on its own. please, avoid surgery. no go use ya hand pack wahala for your head O

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Bigfellas(m): 2:32pm On Oct 28, 2018
Talking of Lipoma... I noticed such at the back of my neck for some months now. At first I was scared of the lump but after doing some research online I get to know it's a Lipoma and not so scary after all. So how did you get urs removed, is the procedure painful and costly? I am thinking of seeing a doctor for a surgery also but I could still let it be for now since i don't feel any pain. Will like to know where u get urs removed if it's in Lagos
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by NairaMaster1(m): 2:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:
Hello Nairalanders, I have this Growth on my right wrist and i really don't know what it is or what caused it,i woke up one morning and found the growth on my wrist.

who has an idea of what this is and How do I get rid of this it's been there for a while.

Go and remove the ganglion. No stress at all.

It's a one way accumulation of the sinovial fluid from the joint.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by NairaMaster1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2018
Meel:
That should be lipoma, but it will be cool to go see a doc.

It is called Ganglion

Not lipoma.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Bellfun(m): 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2018
slimjohn2k5:
Please dont waste money on any surgery. This thing was once on my hand too and is caused by fluid gathering on that region of your hand. Just ensure when sleeping u keep that hand straight it will gradually disappear.

True!

Its a minor thing, I stooped mine from growing to that level by simply hitting it against my head...the fluid will just disappear.

Google it and calm down jare...na excess fluid.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by trendymarseey(f): 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2018
Happened to me in 2005, had a minor surgery and it's gone. Tho i was told of a possible re-growth, nothing has happened till date and i believe it would never regrow.I know of a woman who had d growth on same place thrice.[Qquote author=mykell56 post=72445895]Please help out[/quote]
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Bobcygan: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2018
It is synovial cyst. Go to hospital to remove it
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by efavour: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
Sunofgod:
Pierce it....with a hot neddle or syringe,
I had it twice and that was what I did. Pierced it the first time and it came back after about seven years. I went to the doctor and was told they it can be syringed cos it was mainly liquid. I disinfected syringe and decided to do it myself. Had a friend here in Nigeria that did surgery, the thing came back and was looking ugly with the scar. So I never entertained the idea of surgery cos the probability of coming back is high.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Monruthy: 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2018
The growth is called ganglion, I once had it on my left wrist..I consulted with a German doctor then..he wanted to operate it..and he said if done it might grow again..

He gave me his experience on similar operation he did to a patient..with such growth on his foot..when opened the growth was on the bone..he suspended the operation and refer it ...

After some years mine disappeared...

See pic..

You may be lucky to have yours disappeared with time...

Then I also learnt the Hausa's do use herbal method of sucking it out with horn...

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Monruthy: 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2018
The growth is called ganglion, I once had it on my left wrist..I consulted with a German doctor then..he wanted to operate it..and he said if done it might grow again..

He gave me his experience on similar operation he did to a patient..with such growth on his foot..when opened the growth was on the bone..he suspended the operation and refer it ...

After some years mine disappeared...

You may be lucky to have yours disappeared with time...

Then I also learnt the Hausa's do use herbal method of sucking it out with horn...
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Hardebayo(m): 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2018
I had it on my wrist. It happened that I fell on my wrist while playing soccer in 2008, the wrist got swollen and refused to go down thereafter. So many people advised that I should go to hospital to operate it, but I feared that something might just go wrong and I might lose my wrist which will render the whole arm useless. After I returned from NYSC in 2010, I joined a production company and I always use the compressed air to blow it always and turned it to prayer point. I left the company after 6 months, so, there was no access to compressed air but I noticed it has reduced in size, I continued to pray for total disappearance. I lost consciousness that I have it on my wrist, I just checked my wrist around 2012 and behold it was gone completely. My advice is that try to rub it with ointment/balm, if you don't have access to compressed air, air from standing or table fan will do too. Ultimately prayers, for complete healing, because I learnt the doctor will still tell you it may re-grow if you opt for surgery.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Ismantech: 3:01pm On Oct 28, 2018
Kindly do Musculoskeletal Scan for further explanation. If there is Mass or not
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by enemyofprogress: 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2018
Use hammer or knife to cut it
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Martini232: 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:

really...There were times wen it would become smaller like it's about to disappear but after sometime it would resurface and become very hard.

it has been on my wrist for almost a year now.
of course it does disappear u should massage that spot too. it helps to reduce it
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by slimjohn2k5: 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2018
GeorgeTheCoder:

I frequently wonder what people like you utilize their education for ? What's the purpose of going to school if you still think and express yourself like an illiterate ?
The illiteracy you just displayed is that you cannot differentiate suggestive opinion from imposition of idea. You got nothing to offer yet you insult people for their opinion/suggestion. Try to be useful to your self first.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Seth89(m): 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2018
I experienced this in late 2015, how it left my wrist is still a mystery to me till date
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by Glorylynn: 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2018
That's a ganglion cyst,na operation sure pass bro.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by promo4(m): 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2018
@OP don't try surgery... Its called ganglion cyst. Mine disappeared last 3 weeks after using the bible method of cure.
Get a thick book or big bible, hit it on the spot, repeatedly until the fluid spreads and it disappears. My brother did the hitting and within 30 seconds it disappeared. Then massage the area with balm and its gone.
I'm happy to share this cos I was in a similar situation last month.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by megayinks: 3:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:

I had it when I was small and I went to the hospital where it was removed surgically. It came back after a few months.
A friend also had it and had advised I should not go for the surgery that it will grow back.
But if it makes you feel better, just apply Shea butter like 2 to 3 times daily. If it disappears and reappears, don't worry. It won't be there forever.
You can see my hand in the attached picture. Its very fine now, only that I carry my surgical scar upandan.
Don't go through the surgical removal. The doctors told us when we went back to come for a second surgery. Thank God my parents didn't agree to it.
Hope this helps.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by iyababs: 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2018
I have the same growth on my right wrist too,it's been there for many years,I did not do anything to it because I don't feel any pain whatsoever. I will advice you to leave it so that,it won't cause more trouble that was not there in the first place.

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by kingviny: 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2018
Drink a tea mixture of garlic, ginger, turmeric and clove periodically. It will help free up your clogged arteries including that one.

1 Like

Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by aviationguy: 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2018
you don't need to worry about it erase your mind from it, it's happened to me before I just ignored it but most times I massage with aboniki it's will go away gradually OK.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by drawingbook: 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2018
mykell56:
Please help out
don't waste your money buddy. I had it once and the it eventually disappeared.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by ionsman: 4:29pm On Oct 28, 2018
That's a ganglion cyst/swelling. When it appeared on my wrist, I eradicated it by pressing the spot daily.
Re: Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist by UrennaWendy: 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2018
Just hit it on a dog's head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rivers State Nurse Talks About Her HIV Patients, Nigerians Call For Her Sack / Jyoti Amge: The Smallest Woman In The World (Photos) / Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.