Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

The Greatest Miracle In Islam - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Greatest Miracle In Islam (21914 Views)

Atheist Sees Miracle In Fuel Scarcity, Gets Confused! / The Greatest Miracle In The Bible! / Recent Miracle In Egypt ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 15, 2007
the wicked man runneth when no man pursueth! grin
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by olutomiwa(m): 8:49pm On May 15, 2007
davidylan:

the wicked man runneth when no man pursueth! grin
you are right brother
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by babs787(m): 1:55pm On May 16, 2007
@Gwaine

That is usually what touts do - conversion by illiteracy.  

You must be our Area father in which return is given to you at the end of the day. grin

See?? I deliberately let you tighten your own noose on yourself!!  
Oh, babs, you're so predictable!! Where in the Qur'an is it said that Jesus was given the bible??

Bros, you better take you time, whats your problem? Am very sure your threat must have affected my keyboard hence the reason for typing bible instead of Gospel cheesy. This is my question jare, my great grandmother's husband, is the Gospel today same as the one given to Jesus? Note that I have provided answer in one of the threads, you only need to read, digest and go back to your motor park. cheesy cheesy

Hehe. . . this bobo is seeing double; so tey you no know whether na thread or threat dey shake you!  

grin grin grin grin grin grin

We have an adage that if someone is half-dead after a fright from nothing, he/she begins to placate another with flattering titles! You don't need to take a heart attack and call me Professor! It only betrays your inferiority complex.

You know what, like I said earlier, you are an empty barrel bragging and saying that someone is inferior to you. I am very contented with the position I am today, its not by my power but by His grace, He told me to always humble myself and never brag like you have been doing. So you can continue weeping for all I care. There is a saying that pride beget a fall, so you may continue barking till tomorrow but the fact remains, nothing moves babs.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by mrpataki(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2007
The greatest Miracle in Islam is that Muhammad never yawned all his life!
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by nossycheek(f): 2:21pm On May 16, 2007
I think the greatest miracle in Islam is for MO to listen to conversation of ants. His ear drums must be samba grin
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by mrpataki(m): 2:25pm On May 16, 2007
nossycheek:

I think the greatest miracle in Islam is for MO to listen to conversation of ants. His ear drums must be samba grin
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Wetin ants dey talk?
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by babs787(m): 3:50pm On May 16, 2007

I sign out
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 16, 2007
Mohammeds greatest miracle,without a doubt.

Anas said, "The prophet used to visit all his wives in an hour round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the prophet the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the prophet was given the strength of thirty (men). " Vol. 1:268
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by mrpataki(m): 8:00pm On May 16, 2007
babs787:

I sign out

Whats with all this your signing out? Is all this beyond your comprehension? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Got no plagiarized documents for us?
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by babs787(m): 9:50am On May 17, 2007
@pataki

Far from that, the reason for my signing out is that the truth has been established so wasting with you will be of no use. You are still asking of plagiarised materials when you havent defended the ones given.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by TellyB(m): 2:34pm On May 17, 2007
@topic,

I am inclined to strongly agree with pilgrim.1 in her stance - more so because Muslims have not been able to soundly counter her argument by making one definitive reference in the QURAN for Muhammad's miracles (if he even performed any at all).

The question is as simple as can be; and incase people are missing the context, perhaps it could be restated and simplified further:

According to the Islamic belief, the Qur'an is the Book of 'Allah', who has been described in Islam as "the all-wise", "the all-knowing" and "the all-seeing". Therefore, Muslims believe his book (al-Qur'an) is the highest authority in their religion, right? Right.

Outside Allah's book is the Hadith, which record the sayings of Allah's slave Muhammad. Muslims often say that he is fallible (prone to errors), as he is merely a man like other men; and therefore his word does not carry the same authority as the book of 'Allah', right? Right.

Now, here's the gist. If one were to state the question quite simply with straight forward answers, this is what we're all saying:

Did Muhammad ever perform any miracle?

Qur'an by Allah: NO!

Hadith by fallible Muhammad: YES!

So, if the book from the all-knowing, all-wise, all-hearing, all-seeing 'Allah' disavows the claim that Muhammad performed any miracles; are we then to discard or jettison the Qur'an in favour of the Hadith?

Is Muhammad's word now more authoritative than that of 'Allah'? The answer should be obvious to any reader.

The typical muslim response (more of an excuse) to this question is that, "the Qur'an being the word of Allah records only His word; while the Hadith records Muhammad's sayings." Now, something is really suspect there. That presumption immediately collapses on its face against the fact that the miracles of other prophets were recorded in the Qur'an! A few of these include the miracles of Jesus:

Quran 3:49
". . .'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay,
as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allah.s leave:
And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah.s leave;
and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign
for you if ye did believe"

Qur'an 5:110
Then will Allah say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother.
Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in
childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel
and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou
breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and
the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold!
I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear
Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.'

Now what is wrong or so exotic about Muhammad that his own miracles (if any at all) should escape the notice of the same 'Allah' and have to be recorded in the uninspired Hadith (nevermind Allah's disavowal of those miracles)? It therefore stands to reason that --

If Muhammad performed NO miracles in the Qur'an, then he performed no miracles outside of that book!!

To claim otherwise is to put the Qur'an under the Hadith, and thereby make Muhammad the slave more trusted than his 'Allah'. Period.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Examples of the character of 'Allah' from the Qur'an used for this discussion:

"all-seeing":
Qur'an An-Nisa 4:58 -  ". . .Verily how excellent is the teaching which He giveth you! For Allah is He Who heareth and seeth all things." || Qur'an Al-Anfal 8:72 -  ". . . And (remember) Allah seeth all that ye do."

"all-knowing" and "all-wise":
Qur'an An-Nisa 4:11: ". . .These are settled portions ordained by Allah; and Allah is all-knowing, All-wise."  ||  Qur'an An-Nisa 4:170: ". . .to Allah belong all things in the heavens and on earth: And Allah is all-knowing, All-wise."

"all-hearing"
Qur'an Saba 34:50 - 'Say: "If I am astray, I only stray to the loss of my own soul: but if I receive guidance, it is because of the inspiration of my Lord to me: it is He Who hears all things, and is (ever) near."'

If the "all-KNOWING" and "all-SEEING" did not know about or see or hear about Muhammad's miracles to record it in the Qur'an, then not even Muhammad himself can dribble us with his Hadith to state otherwise!!

Smart one, pilgrim.1  wink
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Ronke2811(f): 12:18pm On May 18, 2007
dear nairalanders
i think we should be more corteous in our replies.
even if we have to reply to articles, we must be very careful abt it.
i dont really fancy this arguement between the christain and muslims.
lets live together.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by TellyB(m): 12:22pm On May 18, 2007
Amen - we can live together. But you didn't come up to state how you "don't fancy" the tit-for-tat that Muslims have used in speaking of Christian issues.

I don't go out to deride anyone's religion; but when I post on any thread, it is because I know what I'm speaking about. If people (Muslims and Christians) are going to discuss, those who feel vexed at any issue should not stoop so low to play the "tit-for-tat" game. They can simply ignore threads that they've got nothing to say.

Cheers. wink
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by babs787(m): 12:52pm On May 18, 2007
@Telly B

Insert Quote
Amen - we can live together. But you didn't come up to state how you "don't fancy" the tit-for-tat that Muslims have used in speaking of Christian issues.

Are you blaming babs? You shoudnt do that. You should have look into all threads before tendering your grievance. Babs responded based on what he met. If you think that babs has been deriding your faith, sorry for that but you should have carried out your research properly and you would have found out that christians pushed babs into doing same. The number of threads opened by christians against muslims outnumbered that of the latter likewise that of posts too. Just like you a reacting, you cant expect babs to fold his hands while some are abusing my faith. We can all live in peace respecting each others faith.

I don't go out to deride anyone's religion; but when I post on any thread, it is because I know what I'm speaking about. If people (Muslims and Christians) are going to discuss, those who feel vexed at any issue should not stoop so low to play the "tit-for-tat" game. They can simply ignore threads that they've got nothing to say.

Brother same as my above explanation. Count the number of threads opened by your folks with regards to that of muslims and count number of defamatory posts too. If you call what I have been doing deriding your faith, well, I apologise but will want you to know all am doing in which you called deriding your faith have so far been from your bible. Nobody is vexed here, you should really examine yourself before accusing others of same.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by chatykrew(m): 1:05pm On May 18, 2007
hi all i read thro the "miracles by mohammed" and i was really impressed by the way pilgrim.1 answered it. though babs, abdkabir, oyb tried to correct or answer her plain reasoning all the finally did was finnally accept that "MOHAMMED NEVER PERFORMED ANY MIRACLES" real
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by TellyB(m): 1:07pm On May 18, 2007
@chatykrew,

Yep, I must commend the brilliant mind that pilgrim.1's got! cheesy
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by chatykrew(m): 1:12pm On May 18, 2007
hi all i read thro the "miracles by mohammed" and i was really impressed by the way pilgrim.1 answered it. though babs, abdkabir, oyb tried to correct or answer her plain reasoning all the finally did was finnally accept that "MOHAMMED NEVER PERFORMED ANY MIRACLES". I luk 4wad 2 seeing and reading interesting articles of faith.

Though some were becoming 2 harsh, there is no need becos the conclusion is "MOHAMMED NEVER PERFOMED ANY MIRACLE" PERIOD. cheesy grin grin grin grin

GOOD DAY GUYS cheesy cheesy
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by TellyB(m): 1:16pm On May 18, 2007
babs787:

Are you blaming babs? You shoudnt do that. You should have look into all threads before tendering your grievance. Babs responded based on what he met. If you think that babs has been deriding your faith, sorry for that but you should have carried out your research properly and you would have found out that christians pushed babs into doing same. The number of threads opened by christians against muslims outnumbered that of the latter likewise that of posts too. Just like you a reacting, you can't expect babs to fold his hands while some are abusing my faith. We can all live in peace respecting each others faith.

Sorry that I didn't go through ALL the threads; but did I need to do that? Really? You can't use that as an excuse for your recent "tit-for-tat" response to my posts; unless you're trying to force the idea that I actually went out to calumnize Muhammad (since you treat him as your god).

In another thread, when someone brought the idea that Muhammad was gay, I was one of the first to counter such - because I knew the hard facts on the ground, and waited to see if the poster could correct me that I was wrong about the assumption that he might have been referring to some material he saw on the web pretending to originate from Egypt.

I don't think this childish antics and beggarly reaction of "tit-for=tat" is fitting for grown ups. If you dn't want to answer questions sanely, what is the worry??

babs787:

Brother same as my above explanation. Count the number of threads opened by your folks with regards to that of muslims and count number of defamatory posts too. If you call what I have been doing deriding your faith, well, I apologise but will want you to know all am doing in which you called deriding your faith have so far been from your bible. Nobody is vexed here, you should really examine yourself before accusing others of same.

I don't remember accusing YOU or anyone else of anything - if I did, I think it should be fitting to go to those threads and address your vexations there. using this worn out excuse for why you reacted like a child does not speak well of you.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 3:15am On May 19, 2007
what again did they say was his greatest miracle?
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by batu: 10:18pm On May 19, 2007
babyosisi:

what again did they say was his greatest miracle?

undecided,,,heemmm, well dear, methinks that will be sleeping with up to 10 women in rounds, all in one night. Believe me, that is his greatest miracle; although not divinely ordained, because that just reflects unbriddled hedonism.
Let's give it up for prophet-Muhammed-the-sexy-guy. cool cool cool (clap, clap clap,,,)
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 19, 2007
i thought his greatest miracle was being able to see qatada's iris roll down his cheeks.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by batu: 11:44pm On May 19, 2007
davidylan:

i thought his greatest miracle was being able to see qatada's iris roll down his cheeks.

hey c'mon davidylan, we know that is a publicity stunt and a rather stupid lie at that. Obviously the 'progenitor or originator' of that claim has little or no knowledge of human anatomy.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by TellyB(m): 2:13am On May 20, 2007
batu:

Obviously the 'progenitor or originator' of that claim has little or no knowledge of human anatomy.

They had some knowledge - especially from the fact that there were reknowned names in medicine and biological sciences long before Muhammad was born.

Perhaps what happened is that the claimant of the tale of the "miracle iris" forgot his cue as he penned those words.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by nyabinghi(m): 10:16am On Jun 06, 2007
babyosisi,
u said propeht muhammad(PBUH) greatest miracle is between the sheet. i am never gonna blame you cos i know you to be of little education. Ignorance is the greatest disease afflicting the world. Quran is the greatest miracle. It heals in a slow way not the telecomedy we witness by your pastors and evangelists. Nuff said
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by thesilent1(m): 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2007
It heals in a slow way not the telecomedy we witness by your pastors and evangelists.

unlike this guy eh;

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/02/26/MNGEEHDP4Q1.DTL
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 06, 2007
GAMES MUSLIMS PLAY

nyabinghi:

babyosisi,
u said propeht muhammad(PBUH) greatest miracle is between the sheet. i am never going to blame you because i know you to be of little education. Ignorance is the greatest disease afflicting the world. Quran is the greatest miracle. It heals in a slow way not the telecomedy we witness by your pastors and evangelists. Nuff said

How is the quran, a mere book, the greatest miracle? How many people has the quran "healed" albeit "slowly"? Is this the same book that purported to catch Qatada's iris fall down his cheek? The same book that has not the faintest idea about 6th grade Biology of the eye?
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by thesilent1(m): 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2007
i grew up in Zaria when Shagari was still in power and my mum was actually a muslim then (more political than faith based) and due to her connections, my family was close to the Shagaris and so they all used to go to the mosque together opposite Kongo campus of ABU.

i remember that if you were ill, the imam would write some scriptures on a slate and you would have to drink the water that rinsed off the scriptures after they were written. not sure if it was the nastiness of the coal used to write or just the dirty well water used, but god knows i never complained of being ill after that! i was only about 8 or 10 yrs old at the time but i can NEVER forget it.

another story from zaria growing up, one day my school was surrounded by some muslim sect called "mai tai si ne" (sp?!?!) and i remember they came to our school asking non-christians to be brought out to be killed!!!!!!!! MY FREAKING PRIMARY SCHOOL!!!!!! LOL i remember i ended up learning muslim prayers just in case i got stopped by any of them in town! they would just stop people and ask them to begin to pray in arabic and if they could not, then the beating started!

we then moved closer to the Military barracks and still things like that would happen on a regular basis. our school gate was always attacked on almost a weekly basis.

so, i think the greatest miracle in islam is teaching (forcing) me to pray in arabic just to save my life! thanks guys! i can still say the prayers even now! neccesity is the mother of invention as they say.

DID I EVER HAVE THIS FEAR WHEN WE MOVED TO LAGOS OR BENIN? HELLO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

you come to your own conclusions
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by pilgrim1(f): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2007
nyabinghi:

Ignorance is the greatest disease afflicting the world. Quran is the greatest miracle. It heals in a slow way not the telecomedy we witness by your pastors and evangelists. Nuff said

Hi @nyabinghi,

I'd like you to know just one thing: it is ignorant indeed for any Muslim to claim that the Qur'an is a miracle; let alone the greatest miracle! Such superlative comparison presupposes that Muhammad performed a miracle - any miracle. However, the facts on ground from Muslim sources clearly demonstrate the direct opposite. There is NO miracle in Islam; and the Qur'an is NOT a miracle.

The Qur'an has no power to miraculously heal anyone - previously, now, or hereafter. If you're convinced otherwise, please bring any such miracle to the Forum and let's discuss it theologically even from within the Muslim perspective.

The very fact that the Muslim apologetic stands limp in this very question is demonstrated in this oft-repeated excuse that miracles performed by Christians are tele[i]comedy[/i]. That rather smacks of ignorance and a limp jealousy.

Tell me: if Muhammad truly performed any miracle, would Muslims be quiet about it? Wouldn't that be the very thing they would noise endlessly abroad? The fact that there is no miracle in Islam is the reason why Muslims would rather to seek to ridicule those in other religions and make excuses for the lack thereof in Islam!
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 06, 2007
nyabinghi:

babyosisi,
u said propeht muhammad(PBUH) greatest miracle is between the sheet. i am never going to blame you because i know you to be of little education. Ignorance is the greatest disease afflicting the world.

What is ignorant in noting the sexual strength of a man who was renowned for visiting his 30 wives in one night? Is that not a "miracle" to the modern man?

nyabinghi:

Quran is the greatest miracle. It heals in a slow way not the telecomedy we witness by your pastors and evangelists. Nuff said

You are very right, it has taken the quran more than 5 centuries to provide just one reason why we should regard it as the "greatest miracle".
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by mrpataki(m): 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2007
davidylan:

What is ignorant in noting the sexual strength of a man who was renowned for visiting his 30 wives in one night? Is that not a "miracle" to the modern man?
grin grin grin grin grin
A Miracle indeed! Given the fact that there were no VIAGRA, BANJU grin, or any other sexual stimulants or stimulus grin to aid, aggravate abet, MO's sexual desire and appetite.
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by thesilent1(m): 12:01pm On Jun 07, 2007
now, now boys
Re: The Greatest Miracle In Islam by mrpataki(m): 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2007
thesilent1:

now, now boys
What now shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is this another of your un-guarded caustic linguistic decency? grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pope Francis Fires Bishop Joseph Strickland / Valentine: A Day Of Death - Mike Bamiloye / Father Mbaka Heals A Blind Man At Adoration Crusade - TrezzyHelm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.