Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo (8625 Views)

Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday / Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle / Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by sjeezy8: 11:08pm On Jul 31, 2010
ok so now we know dat the yoruba guy in enugu is just an errand boy case closed.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 11:09pm On Jul 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

just say you dont know.there is nothing special in special assistance job.it's an errand boy btw,you can't find it on google or wiki.just admit and i will tell you.

Bluetooth,

Olusegun Adeniyi was special adviser to Yaradua on Media (the same post Festus held in Enugu) and we saw how notable he was with that position, and that is what you call servant position? You must be deluded, really. Back then, Adeniyi's name rang a bell more than those of many ministers.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2010
Definition of Special Adviser: A special adviser works in a supporting role to the government. With media, political or policy expertise, their duty is to assist and advise government ministers. Anyone capable of advising a govt is no low-lifer.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 31, 2010
Nchara:

Bluetooth,

Olusegun Adeniyi was special adviser to Yaradua on Media (the same post Festus held in Enugu) and we saw how notable he was with that position, and that is what you call servant position? You must be deluded, really. Back then, Adeniyi's name rang a bell more than those of many ministers.
omg,how would you compare a president with a governor ? Like i said,continue to search for the answer nd i stand on it that a special assistant to a governor is nothing but an errand boy.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

omg,how would you compare a president with a governor ? Like i said,continue to search for the answer nd i stand on it that a special assistant to a governor is nothing but an errand boy.

You are an ignoramus. A state gov is as powerful in his state as the president is as powerful in his country. What do you know sef?
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2010
Nchara:

You are an ignoramus. A state gov is as powerful in his state as the president is as powerful in his country. What do you know sef?
why would i tell you what i know when you are showing me how ignorant you could be classifying a special assistant as a top notch appointment.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Abagworo(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2010
a little off topic.
the book ''things fall apart'' is a story based on the method employed by the british to conquer igboland.igbos never had one man ruling the entire igbo area but had several types of kingdoms,territories and identities.the yorubas were entirely under oyo while hausas and other nothern groups had the sokoto caliphate.until this day igbos are yet to recognize any living man as a king.your kingdom ends in your village,clan or town.

back to topic
igbos were said to be 48% of alimosho lga while south-south are 22%.so what we have there is combined 30% of yorubas and notherners.
anybody that served(nysc) as a teacher in lagos cant help but notice that almost half the names in your register sound igbo.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

why would i tell you what i know when you are showing me how ignorant you could be classifying a special assistant as a top notch appointment.

Continue to twist like a snake. We are talking about special adviser, you keep regurgitating words like assistant. Why dont you also tell me that the position of assistant director of a ministry is lowly?
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 31, 2010
Nchara:

Continue to twist like a snake. We are talking about special adviser, you keep regurgitating words like assistant. Why dont you also tell me that the position of assistant director of a ministry is lowly?
commissioner for information
special adviser on media
senior special assistant on information
chief press secretary
lastly,special assistant on media
lool through the hieracy and tell me nnamani has done something important by appointing festus as a lastman only to give him a raise when prolly his government was about to end while on the other hand,tinubu went straight and appoint an ibo man to the post of a commissioner;a cabinet position.get it now and stop arguing.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

commissioner for information
special adviser on media
senior special assistant on information
chief press secretary
lastly,special assistant on media
lool through the hieracy and tell me nnamani has done something important by appointing festus as a lastman only to give him a raise when prolly his government was about to end while on the other hand,tinubu went straight and appoint an ibo man to the post of a commissioner;a cabinet position.get it now and stop arguing.

Festus Adedayo was a special adviser on Media (making him number two man on your list). That was the last post he held in Enugu for 2 years (2006-2007). If you are brain-dead, please go see a doctor. Tinubu appointed an Igbo man just few weeks before leaving office.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 31, 2010
Nchara:

Festus Adedayo was a special adviser on Media (making him number two man on your list). That was the last post he held in Enugu for 2 years (2006-2007). If you are brain-dead, please go see a doctor. Tinubu appointed an Igbo man just few weeks before leaving office.
which kind human being be this ? 2006 - 2007 = 2 years lwkmd
he initially served as the last man on the list i gave you until later when he was elevated. . .who knows maybe after he saw tinubu appointed an ibo man a commissioner.if you have the dates he was first appointed and later elevated,you may wish to supply them asap
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by jason12345: 12:04am On Aug 01, 2010
Am happy with this news. The soon we realise that we r one Nigeria, the better. We all need each other. FACT. It's pride that is kill us. Nice one fashola.

P.S: lagos cannot be 50% igbos. I live in lagos.I know what am talking about.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 12:05am On Aug 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

which kind human being be this ? 2006 - 2007 = 2 years lwkmd
he initially served as the last man on the list i gave you until later when he was elevated. . .who knows maybe after he saw tinubu appointed an ibo man a commissioner.if you have the dates he was first appointed and later elevated,you may wish to supply them asap

At first you claimed special adviser appointment is a low position. Now it is number 2 on your list of ranking. Controversy
Then you claimed Tinubu appointed an Igbo person in 1999. But I proved to you it was 2007, and few months into the election to bring in Fasola
Festus Adedayo became a special adviser in 2006. I have provided you a link. He was there until Nnamani left office in 2007. That makes it first before Tinubu. I am sure you are brain-dead, but sorry I am unable to help you.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 01, 2010
Nchara:

At first you claimed special adviser appointment is a low position. Now it is number 2 on your list of ranking. Controversy
Then you claimed Tinubu appointed an Igbo person in 1999. But I proved to you it was 2007, and few months into the election to bring in Fasola
Festus Adedayo became a special adviser in 2006. I have provided you a link. He was there until Nnamani left office in 2007. That makes it first before Tinubu. I am sure you are brain-dead, but sorry I am unable to help you.
and who brought the issue of special assistant ? This is what i dislike when people twist their words,you can go back and read.your first word about festus was that he was appointed as a special assistant and later claimed he was elevated to special adviser after you've googled it.haha !!!. . .my point then was that there is no big deal in special assistant.you free to quote me.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 12:13am On Aug 01, 2010
My typo, I meant one year not two years (2006-2007)

Of Governors and Legacies, by Festus Adedayo (received: November 6, 2004)
http://www.ebeano.org/articles/governors_legacies.html
Festus wrote the above article in 2004 as a special assistant to the gov on Public Policy Analysis

And by February 2006, he was a special adviser on Media
http://www.afdevinfo.com/htmlreports/org/org_16737.html

Position Name From To
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Economic Matters Martin Ilo 2003  
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Political & Local Government Matters Prince Sam Ejiofor 2006  
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Project Development & Implementation Engr. Jonathan Ivoke 2006  
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Women Mobilisation & Empowerment Chief (Mrs.) Evelyn Ahanonu 2006  
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Special Duties Uche Anioke 2006  
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Media Matters Festus Adedayo 2006   [b][/b]
The Specila Adviser to the Governor on Public Affairs Chief Ayogu Eze 2006  
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Public Communication Ment Nomeh 2006  
The Head of Service Enugu State Civil Service Clement Okwor 2006  
The Principal Secretary to the Governor Ken Chukwuegbo 2006  
The Commissioner in the Governor's Office Chief J. Udeh 2006

Tinubu appointed Akabueze in April 2007, one month before his departure.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 12:18am On Aug 01, 2010
http://www.ebeano.org/news/jan_apr06/cabinet.html

Nnamani reshuffles cabinet
February 27, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Governor Chimaroke Nnamani of Enugu State has reshuffled the State Executive Council and approved the appointment of six new Permanent Secretaries and a Special Adviser on Project Development and Implementation.

The six Permanent Secretaries are: Mr. Douglas Eze, Permanent Secretary and Principal Secretary to the Governor; Mrs. Sylvia Onwubuemeli, Permanent Secretary and Chief Administrative Officer in the Governor's Office; Mr. Chikwendu Nnamani; Mr. Linus Egwu; Mr. Chris Ugwu and Mr. Felix Amoke.

In the same vein, the governor has also sent six fresh names of Commissioners-designate to the State House of Assembly. They are Dr. Simon Idike, Mr. Jonathan Ivoke, Barrister Godwin Ogbo, Mr. Uche Anioke, Mr. Okey Ogbodo and Arch. Paul Eze.

The cabinet reshuffle, which had 14 members of the erstwhile cabinet retaining their seats, led to the dropping of a few others. Those retained are; Dr. Dan Shere, Mr. Sullivan Chime, Dr. Patrick Asadu, Dr. Festus Uzor, Mr. Igbonekwu Ogazimorah, Princess Peace Nnaji, Mr. Bethel Onyeyiri, Mr. Sunday Onyebuchi, Mr Peter Mbah, Dr. Martins Chukwunweike, Mr. Chinedu Onuh, Barr. Ray Nnaji, Mr. J.C. Udeh and Mr. Eddy Nnaji.

Equally, seven Special Advisers were retained in the cabinet reshuffle. They are Prince Sam Ejiofor, Mr. Martins Ilo, Mrs. Evelyn Ahanonu, Chief Ayogu Eze, Barr. Ifeanyi Nwoga, Mr. Ment Nomeh and Mr. Festus Adedayo. Engineer Luke Mmamel was also appointed Special Adviser to the Governor on Project Develooment and Implementation.

While swearing-in five of the six Permanent Secretaries at the Government House, Enugu on Monday, Governor Nnamani declared that every individual in the State had an equal chance of serving in his administration based on personal merit and integrity, rather than the section of the state they came from.

The Governor pledged to continue with his highly applauded reform agenda which he described as a "righting process" for a civil service system unduly polluted by politicians, adding that he was fully committed to injecting strict professional standards into the civil service.

Governor Nnamani stressed that the civil service must be shielded from the menacing influence of the political class some of whom, he said, were in government for their own selfish ends.

He therefore enjoined every member of his team to be alive to their responsibilities to ensure that the civil service of Enugu State was left intact as the political class leaves office in 2007.

The governor reiterated that the appointments were made based on merit and the recognition of the roles the appointees had played in governance in Enugu State.

He further re-stated his commitment to setting standards and upholding such standards of professional conduct, in line with his enduring pursuit of excellence.

Governor Nnamani thus urged the appointees to have the dignity to resist abuse and corruption and courage to disobey unlawful orders, adding that they must be prepared to resign if undue pressure was put on them.

The governor further charged them to be loyal in the service of the government and people of Enugu State, even as he pledged that all the on-going infrastructural projects the state would be completed by September this year.

Speaking on behalf of the officials, a Permanent Secretary, Mrs. Sylvia Onwubuemeli, thanked the Governor for the confidence reposed in them by the appointments and promised that they would discharge their duties diligently.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 01, 2010
Nchara:

My typo, I meant one year not two years (2006-2007)

Of Governors and Legacies, by Festus Adedayo (received: November 6, 2004)
http://www.ebeano.org/articles/governors_legacies.html
Festus wrote the above article in 2004 as a special assistant to the gov on Public Policy Analysis

And by February 2006, he was a special adviser on Media
http://www.afdevinfo.com/htmlreports/org/org_16737.html

Position Name From To
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Economic Matters Martin Ilo 2003  
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Political & Local Government Matters Prince Sam Ejiofor 2006  
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Project Development & Implementation Engr. Jonathan Ivoke 2006  
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Women Mobilisation & Empowerment Chief (Mrs.) Evelyn Ahanonu 2006  
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Special Duties Uche Anioke 2006  
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Media Matters Festus Adedayo 2006   [b][/b]
The Specila Adviser to the Governor on Public Affairs Chief Ayogu Eze 2006  
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Public Communication Ment Nomeh 2006  
The Head of Service Enugu State Civil Service Clement Okwor 2006  
The Principal Secretary to the Governor Ken Chukwuegbo 2006  
The Commissioner in the Governor's Office Chief J. Udeh 2006

Tinubu appointed Akabueze in April 2007, one month before his departure.
forget what he was as a special assistant,that is not an appointment to me and i have made my stand on it.
he was elevated to a special adviser in february 2006 while ben was appointed in jan 2007 not APRIL but the position is still be retained by an ibo man till date;making it 3 years and it may interest you to know that no yoruba man was retained after nnamani  regime.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=68102
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 12:28am On Aug 01, 2010
Your argument was that Tinubu did it before Nnamani? So you are wrong. Admit it and move on. Ok?
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 01, 2010
Nchara:

Your argument was that Tinubu did it before Nnamani? So you are wrong. Admit it and move on. Ok?
he did it before him ? Fine. . .but where is the appointment today ? Occupied by an HAUSA man,i guess
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by ezeagu(m): 12:42am On Aug 01, 2010
So let me understand: The competition now is for the most tolerant nation, yet none of you on this thread are tolerant? shocked cheesy undecided
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 12:53am On Aug 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

he did it before him ? Fine. . .but where is the appointment today ? Occupied by an HAUSA man,i guess

May be an hausa man. I dunno But please note that soldier come, soldier go. Ben will not be there forever. Moreover the huge Igbo population in Lagos makes them deserve even more. Yoruba should be happy to get anything in the East since they have refused to go out in large numbers lik ethe Igbo and interact with others. The Yorubas in Igboland are enjoying life there.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by sjeezy8: 12:56am On Aug 01, 2010
Nchara:

May be an hausa man. I dunno But please note that soldier come, soldier go. Ben will not be there forever. Moreover the huge Igbo population in Lagos makes them deserve even more. Yoruba should be happy to get anything in the East since they have refused to go out in large numbers lik ethe Igbo and interact with others. The Yorubas in Igboland are enjoying life there.

puhhhleeasssse- we are scared of being kidnapped -
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 12:58am On Aug 01, 2010
sjeezy8:

puhhhleeasssse- we are scared of being kidnapped -

The ones there are not kidnapped. If anything it is Igbo in Ondo that were kidnapped. grin grin
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 01, 2010
ezeagu:

So let me understand: The competition now is for the most tolerant nation, yet none of you on this thread are tolerant? shocked cheesy undecided
you should know that yoruba are more accomodating. .no qualms about that
Nchara:

you would have hear the news if an hausa man is occupying it,so an ibo man must definitely be occuping that seat and until no ibo is representing the ibo tribe in lagos,then i will say fashola is doing excellently well to enhance inter-tribal relationship through politics,therefore,he has been fair to ibo in lagos afterall this is not happening to yoruba as at now else where
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 1:04am On Aug 01, 2010
Bluetooth,

As of now, Edo man is an adviser in Imo
Yoruba man and Ibo man are advisers in Kano.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 01, 2010
Nchara:

Bluetooth,

As of now, Edo man is an adviser in Imo
Yoruba man and Ibo man are advisers in Kano.
so kano is iboland abi ? Where is yoruba goiong to get a tangible appoiontent from the ibo ? And here they are asking for 50% appointent in lagos.na so life be ?
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 1:17am On Aug 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

so kano is iboland abi ? Where is yoruba goiong to get a tangible appoiontent from the ibo ? And here they are asking for 50% appointent in lagos.na so life be ?

You refuse to get my point. Other govs are doing it now, not only Fasola. That is my point. When Yoruba live in Iigboland in large numbers like Igbos do in Lagos, they will get more. You cannot eat your cake and have it,lol
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nobody: 1:22am On Aug 01, 2010
Nchara:

You refuse to get my point. Other govs are doing it now, not only Fasola. That is my point. When Yoruba live in Iigboland in large numbers like Igbos do in Lagos, they will get more. You cannot eat your cake and have it,lol
how many yoruba were in enugu when festus was appointed ? Also, when did population become a criteria for appoinment ?
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by Nchara: 2:19am On Aug 01, 2010
^^^^
Enough Yoruba to warrant one appointment. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-343405.0.html

Enugu people will not go to Lagos to look for someone to make a govt official. Was Ben living in Igboland when he was appointed in Lagos?
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by udezue(m): 3:55am On Aug 01, 2010
Lol arguing with Bluetooth is completely hopeless. Nchara proved you wrong a long time ago but instead of admitting that he/she was wrong he/she wasted pages arguing blindly. So Advisor now na common errand boy? Roflmao!!!! How could the almighty Yoruba men leave their rich, most urbanized cities to go and do boy-boy for Igbo governors in the East? Lol use ur head please.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by udezue(m): 4:10am On Aug 01, 2010
Igbos in Lagos are a major group in Lagos and no governor can win election solely based on Yoruba vote. Sorry but facts are facts. Even if Yoruba na 50% of population the other 50% can still make a big dent. Yoruba in Lagos aren't a clear majority guys. Igbos and SS ppl and Northerners outnumber them. Anyways on the real I don't give a hoot about Lagos state and how many Igbos are appointed there coz I'm not from there and my main interest is East of Ore town so its not my issue. Many of these Igbo and minorities need to invest heavily back home. We can turn PH, Onitsha, Calabar, Warri, Asaba, Enugu into mega cities if we are stubborn enough to duke it out and defy the Federal govts. All the properties and businesses my family got are in the East and that's how it should be for now in Nigeria.
Re: Fasola To Swell Igbo Rank In Cabinet-long Overdue Good, 50% Of Lagos Is Igbo by rethink: 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2010
@MaziUche0

I read your post and I do hope you read this post before you become indoctrinated.

Tribe and Language is an Entrapment. The political elites want you into this line of thinking so that their work can be easier. They want us to go to war against each other while they marry amongst themselves across tribes. You will be surprised the real PROJECT of this thread is the destruction of FASHOLA. You will soon see it as fashola is supporting "igbo" to take over lagos state, just wait and see (may be it has already happened because I only read page one.)

There are people that went to school to train how to play the Igbo against each other and even some that have PHD degree in playing Yoruba igbo hausa against each other. It is hard to be a Nigerian even on Nairaland(this I say with sadness in my heart). The Northerners that the Parasitic Elite South blame are the problem are so poor that you will weep. The hatred in the hearts of some Nigerians is so great. Look at the Republic Niger in crises Nigeria cant help. It looks like the Parasitic elite are winning in the tribal Indoctrination of hate. This hate is killing Nigeria you either join the hate army or dear to be different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Not Come To "Murder" Mr President / Ojukwu - The Economist / Apc And Lies,obanikoro Won

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.