Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Election Results: Nationwide - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Results: Nationwide (28557 Views)

Official Thread for Elections Results Nationwide / Revelation Prophet Reveals Election Results.. / INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Go Down)

Re: Election Results: Nationwide by otuonye(m): 9:47am On Apr 17, 2007
Honestly, I do not think the elections were free and fair. Let me recount the experience of me and some other people in 'Town' area of Port Harcourt:

We entered the polling centre, preceisely 'Bernard Carr street' area and I had another candidate in mind to vote. Unfortunately, when it got to my turn to vote, some touts approached me in the presence of the INEC officials and asked tme to "PRESS P".

When I asked what it meant to "PRESS P", they slapped me and openly told me to put my thumb on 'PDP', which was not the party I wanted to vote for. To press their threats further, they brandished guns from under their clothes and told me that if I wanted to see the next day, the only way was to vote for PDP.

I had to do it anyway, because as you can see, my life was at stake. Honestly, I have to doubt the authenticity of the results of INEC, seeing that PDP was actually forcing people to vote for them. Who knows what must have happened in other polling centres.

Meanwhile, in many areas of the state, where the AC was known to have massive support, elections were cancelled.

I think we are tired of the PDP nonsense. WE all need a change.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 17, 2007
PDP-Daylight robbery again.Even if u want to rig do not make it so obvious.How can someone like Alao Akala win again in Oyo State, am sure thats not the peoples choice, those votes must have been counted in Lamidi adedibu's house and then Oshiomole losing in Edo State thats a lie from the pit of hell.
I hereby congratulate AC for outsmarting PDP in Lagos am sure thats enough to make history because Lagos is the most relevant state in the country. Good luck Fashola
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by dgb4(m): 1:23pm On Apr 17, 2007
LOL
Thats Naija for U
Blank websites
OOOOOOOOOOOOO God save us o!!!!
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by nigeria1: 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2007
otuonye (m)
Port Harcourt

Re: Election Results: Nationwide
« #288 on: Today at 09:47:44 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honestly, I do not think the elections were free and fair. Let me recount the experience of me and some other people in 'Town' area of Port Harcourt:

We entered the polling centre, preceisely 'Bernard Carr street' area and I had another candidate in mind to vote. Unfortunately, when it got to my turn to vote, some touts approached me in the presence of the INEC officials and asked tme to "PRESS P".

My reply,  River state should be cancelled,  why,  How can one candidate get 1.8 million ,  Even in lagos witht the largest population in Nigeria,  Fashola only had 0.8 million,  na fraud,    and two if you look at that figure more than half of this figure is coming from port harcourt,  Please see nigeria satellite picture on google earth or microsoft virtual earth,  There are less than 90,000 houses in port harcourt,    and less than 1200 towns and villages in River state,    Do the maths,  na fraud,  419   

Even Benin city on satellite is nearly twice the size of port harcourt and Edo state have about 1400 villages and town, They are not claiming that nonsense figure, River state from population to election figure have always been fraud, all na 419,
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by nigeria1: 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2007
The only way you can have a true election in nigeria is what i have told you people before on the census figure in Nigeria,  and like I said before, I am willing to come to nigeria and help out,  This is how it would work,  We would give everybody  2 card,  one a datacard and the other a SSN or SIN card,  both would carry code that include your figure print  and a part of your eyes information and voice ,  No 2 person in the world have  finger print and eye information and voice, 

2 ,  INEC need to list out the name and location of all polling boot on newspaper,  and at the polling boot. The result should be printed there to stay for 7 days after the election,   so that people can verify the data,  period,

3 list out the voter register also on the internet, so we can verify if this people exist,  or another Prof Iwu ebola miracle,
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by LoveKing(m): 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2007
We all know that Osunbor wasnt voted in because he is the senior cousin to Late Stella. OBJ made a promise to Stella that Osunbor will rule Edo state when she was alive. Guess it turned to be more serious after her death. Well lets see this saturday if he still holds the shot. Its all rigging!
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by otokx(m): 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2007
Sorry Otuonye; so you even went out to risk your life.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Jaybaba(m): 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2007
The election is such a FRAUD!
After 8 years of poor performance, it is not possible for the PDP to win the number of states they did.
In Edo and Anambra states, AC ought to have won clearly.
I join other well meaning Nigerians to demand an outright cancellation of the Polls.
Elections are not supposed to be do or die. And when they are, it should canceled.
Nigerians deserve good leadership. God fearing, people loving as well as honest leaders. Anything less than this is bad.
Summarily, everywhere PDP won should be cancelled.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by IykeD1(m): 9:26pm On Apr 17, 2007
Wishful thinking. . . In the end, most of the politicians will be "settled" by PDP.
If anything is cancelled, it may be just a handful of states.

Methinks, all this gra gra will evaporate by Friday - the elections will go on as
scheduled. If you think INEC did a bad job this time around logistically, try and
shift the date and see how well prepared they will be then.

None of these guys are remotely willing to give Obasanjo a reason to tarry one
day longer in office - shifting the elections might just do that.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2007
Jaybaba:

The election is such a FRAUD!
After 8 years of poor performance, it is not possible for the PDP to win the number of states they did.
In Edo and Anambra states, AC ought to have won clearly.
I join other well meaning Nigerians to demand an outright cancellation of the Polls.
Elections are not supposed to be do or die. And when they are, it should canceled.
Nigerians deserve good leadership. God fearing, people loving as well as honest leaders. Anything less than this is bad.
Summarily, everywhere PDP won should be cancelled.

Exactly cos i dont think PDP won legally in any State.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by IykeD1(m): 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2007
Here is the current breaking news from Tribune. Folks, put on your seat belts, this one go reach the world court at the Hague oooooooooo!

** Fresh suit to stop AC presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar from contesting Saturday's election has been filed at a Federal High Court in Abuja. **
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 11:48pm On Apr 17, 2007
They are decieving themselves.Atiku know them well well so no need for their busybody.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by dtwo(m): 9:48am On Apr 18, 2007
The election which was held on Saturday gave a new definition to the widely known definition of democracy. the new definition now is Government of the people by the government. With wat was experienced during the Guber and assembly election, it shows clearly that there the wish of the people were not allowed to be expressed. In Osun State, and Ife to be precise, people trooped out to vote. after they have voted, a senator representing Ife/Ijesha zone with his thugs brandishing cutlases and guns at harmless citizens was seen going form polling centres to polling centres removing already casted votes, voiding all the votes of all other parties, hijacking of ballot papers and giving out to his thugs to thumb print for PDP. Rigging at the highest was later to be seen at the end of election as all ballot boxes with ballot paper were later driven to the palace were all rigging logistics was effected. reason why the incumbent has the highest number of vote in Ife.
   It is quite a shame that the Inec allowed itself and its staffs to be used to perpetrate this evil act.
the wish of the people was not allowed to win.
    Is this what we call democracy in Nigeria or Democrazy were a whole first class Oba was involved in  rigging.
  I may wish to start a topic here, Which is better?  election during the time of military or the time of politicians
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by bqueen: 11:42am On Apr 18, 2007
Great and funny nigeria, Its only God who can save and deliver us in nigeria from the hand of

all dis old papas wey dey deceive pikin as well as young papa wey dey deceive pikin.

Am concern abt the election like everyone of us here ,sm1 said that our politicians shld start

swearing with god of thunder, god of iron     (sango and ogun) .instead of using God's

name we don't fear The Almighty God

cos HE is plentiful in mercy and can be gracious unto us in as much we ask for the remission of

our sin.  But all our prayers is for god to take absolute control of the nation.

Look at the case of Oyo state people are sick and tired of the way adedibu and his god son are

ruling and this dirty acts are cleared to baba obj he wouldnt see this but he can pokenose into

lagos issue making noise on Tinubu,and some other state while baba adedibu no hide his own

amala and gbegiri politics.

He wanted akala cos na like baba like omo(son) chop i chop not caring about the people

of the states. Look at the way they toy with many lives during ladoja's impeachment i was  

at the secretariat ibadan,oyo state life gun, machine gun charms thugs and other

dangerous weapons on top of power and money ,u didnt care about ur neighbour which God

said u should love as urself.

Who dont know omo baba ni e jo se for ogun state if u repeat ogun state election na same of

the same gbenga na ni they may look innocent but they are all riggers and thieves.

But what power do we have than to call on our own God to please have mercy and come to our

aid cos we are the youth when are we going to enjoy the honey of this land.

and so many other state like dat.one party would not just decide to rule every where so y do

we ve abt 50 parties when they already decided to rule.

Well its gonna be alrite, now i heard dat ANPP governorship candidate in oyo state has gave up

the fight, leaving akala to be the next governor  i bet it with u is not by his own will /wish but u

know wot and wot adedibu don do to am.

since obj cant do anything concerning oyo state election so he doesnt have much to say or to

protest concerning other state which they lost the election.

so what and what do we expect from the presidential election which is done already its yar'dua  

may the Almighty deliver nigeria
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by alarinka(m): 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2007
, am wrting this piece with a very heavy heart, and utmost sadness about how obasanjo has destroyed the south west thru the so called ""electoral process, "", i voted at ife , for the opposition in the full glare, of everyone, imagine no privacy!!.i had to be watching behing my shoulders on my way home for omisores thugs, even the supposed father of all yorubas, voted for the ruling party!!!!!![shown on network news on sat, !]i thot royal fathers are supposed to be apolitical!!!
in ekiti, a charade, you will agree with me, even an idiot knows that fayemi won likewise mimiko in ondo state!!!!!!
, a lesson to us all, do not let politicians deceive again, all their kids are abroad, while they induce jobless youths in niger with 200 naira, what a pity,what a shame,
, imagine a whole ebenezer babatope and dayo adeyeye, [previously in the progressive camp] saying the election was free/fair in the south west, i feel like renouncing my citizen ship!!!, its now we the people on our own,
anyway kudos to tinubu[in lagos] and kalu[in abia], there might still be hope,
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by DaMayor1: 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2007
Tell that to the winner
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by LoveKing(m): 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2007
whats all these many many talk sef? lets just let things move the way they are. how many times have we shouted on the rooftop and they did even hear us. so we go siddon look!
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by emmydee(m): 11:11am On Apr 19, 2007
I have personally rated this election low! Am an Igbo man, but from all indications, Adams won in Edo State and OBJ & Iwu are taking it away from him. Thats not fair! Let INEC reverse that decision or cancel the election.If this cannot b done in any other state, at least let it b done in Edo.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by dblock(m): 11:14am On Apr 19, 2007

Yeahyahhhhhhhh wink
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 7:29am On Apr 20, 2007
Wats up with d pics?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by star01(m): 7:31am On Apr 20, 2007
he;s the dude on the LEFT
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by dblock(m): 7:32am On Apr 20, 2007
star01:

he;s the dude on the LEFT

Emi ke, but the dude is my name sake sha
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by star01(m): 7:38am On Apr 20, 2007
u exhibit the same quallities
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by chx: 8:05am On Apr 20, 2007
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by otuonye(m): 10:00am On Apr 20, 2007
OTOKS my bother,

Wetin you wan make I do? At least, I believe in Nigeria [at least if you don't, I do]. So, that is why i went to vote. But Soboma boys say i no go vote for Tonye Princewill. They said that i must vote for OMEHIA.

Anyway, I believe that things will change one day in this country, and by then we will begin to exercise our rights freely.

Jojo
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by erad(m): 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2007
Was the elctions [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]FREE $ FAIR[/font]?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Gold(m): 2:58pm On Apr 20, 2007
otuonye:

Anyway, I believe that things will change one day in this country, and by then we will begin to exercise our rights freely.

Jojo

brothers things must change now let us stop procastinating it will do us no good,

Mimiko In Ondo State, Oshiomole In Edo, Ogboru in Delta and other from Ekiti, Kwara etc, , should strongly resist the result and we should support them so that we can rescue our self from the Demons
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Beline(f): 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2007
LoveKing:

whats all these many many talk sef? lets just let things move the way they are. how many times have we shouted on the rooftop and they did even hear us. so we go siddon look!

I personally do not subcribed to this issue of siddon look, speak whether they hear you or not, one thing for sure is that they will hear us when the right time comes
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by otokx(m): 8:59am On Apr 21, 2007
the right time is not about to come just yet; lets just manage this our democracy
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by DTruth1(m): 10:49am On Apr 21, 2007
in my own opinion, i dont believe that the problem in 9ja can be solved in 8 years. We still have to compromise somethings. (either we like it or not) undecided

We should only pray for our dearest country, but remember that those prayer would not change things but it would change people.

I hope Yar adua wins today.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by davidt(m): 11:54am On Apr 21, 2007
Someone should please talk abt the elections in Delta and Edo states. How did it go?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by bolaoni(m): 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2007
A friend I'm chatting with just told me, the winner has been chosen in Delta State even
before the Election took place.

He told me gun men came to polling booths to chase people away and NO ELECTION
is holding, at least in his own part of Delta State. cool

Nigeria We HAIL Thee! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)

President Buhari's Twitter Negotiation Team / 2023: Don’t Waste Your Money, Rivers Is ‘No-Go Area’, Wike Tells APC / NASS Officers Election: Crisis Brews In PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.