Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,156 members, 7,821,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Election Results: Nationwide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Results: Nationwide (28552 Views)

Official Thread for Elections Results Nationwide / Revelation Prophet Reveals Election Results.. / INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 8:15am On Apr 15, 2007
Any State where Rigging is confirmed the results should be cancelled.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by chiegemba(f): 8:18am On Apr 15, 2007
Looks like the elections were peaceful.
@9ja4eva, not totally. i heard there were 2 killings in island. Although i wasnt told a specific area though
Am fine. Thanks 4 askin!
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by babasin(m): 8:21am On Apr 15, 2007
@9ja4eva
Any State where Rigging is confirmed the results should be cancelled.

Fully agreed, but this would be virtually majority of the states considering situation reports
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 8:34am On Apr 15, 2007
I know.All results should be cancelled then.It doesnt sound good knowing someone who is not worth winning is declared the winner.INEC should cover their filthy face with shame.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by walexy(m): 8:49am On Apr 15, 2007
Obanikoro is leading in 15 of the 20 local governments in Lagos.
Daniel, Alao-Akala lead in Ogun and Oyo respectively.

Source:www.nigeriannews.com
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 8:51am On Apr 15, 2007
Not true AC is winning
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Agboola1(m): 9:00am On Apr 15, 2007
lets just wait and see if a dog will be declared winner over lion in the then of lions! lets wait and see their abracadabra. we go talk
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2007
lol
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Christino(m): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2007
Estimate: 65 deaths in all states yesterday. angry

Upon all the beefed down security and 1000 BMWs and Fords and Landrovers
?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by One: 9:15am On Apr 15, 2007
BBC News reports its a confusion galore:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6554461.stm
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by osegwu(m): 9:17am On Apr 15, 2007
Mini-Okoro and Elenlenwon  Police Stations burned down

3 police officers feared dead and Prisoners released  on the

14th of April at about 4 am in Port-Harcourt. All the places

I visited were all peacefull during the Election.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by 9ja4eva: 9:18am On Apr 15, 2007
No show yet?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by celemel(m): 9:37am On Apr 15, 2007
AC's Fashola Leads In Lagos State Oyo: Senator Abiola Ajimobi of ANPP has surged ahead of other candidates. Ondo State: Labor Party candidate, Rahman Olusegun Mimiko Ekiti State: Kayode Fayemi of Action Congress leads

HOME
Front Page

OPINION
Editorial
Letters
News Tips
Bloggers
Editorial Team

NATIONAL NEWS
The Nation
Politics
Decision 2007
Business
Sports
Technology
Science & Health
Education
Oil & Gas
Real Estate
Entertainment
Travel & Tourism
The Grapevine

REGIONAL NEWS
Niger-Delta
East
South-West
North

WORLD NEWS
Africa
Americas
Europe
Middle East
South Asia

FORUM
Forums

CLASSIFIEDS
Classifieds

Live Interview
Live Interview

News Updates
By E-mail

AC's Fashola Leads In Lagos State
BY Sunny Ofili
DATE : Saturday, 14 April 2007
Election Results: Lagos States; Babatunde Raji Fashola of Action Congress (AC) leads with 692, 776 votes (53%) followed by Musiliu Obanikoro of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) with 328, 434 votes (25%) out of a total of 1.3 million votes counted so far.

Ekiti State:
Kayode Fayemi of Action Congress leads the race followed closely by PDP’s Olusegun Adebayo Oni

Ondo State:
Labor Party candidate, Rahman Olusegun Mimiko leads incumbent governor Olusegun Agagu of PDP with a large margin

Oyo:
Senator Abiola Ajimobi of ANPP has surged ahead of other candidates.

Last Updated ( Saturday, 14 April 2007 )

source: http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com/
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Christino(m): 9:40am On Apr 15, 2007
Despite all the reports of irregularities and violence, Nigeria's Independent National Electoral Commission (Inec) is already congratulating itself.

"We are very happy with what we have seen so far," Maurice Iwu, Inec chairman told a press conference in the capital Abuja. "We are very happy with the massive turnout for the election."

While the elections were going on, children in Jos turned the highway into football fields as they happily chased cheap balls on the tarmac.

-BBC

Oprah should air this too grin
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Agboola1(m): 9:51am On Apr 15, 2007
when power is not genuine you cannot win! its very interesting to see intimidators put to shame. how i wish Atiku can contest the election next week when we can really see how democratic their power is

Adedibu defeated at Molete Ward

Last View on Sun 15th April, 2007
Last Modified on Sat 14th April, 2007 11:19:33 pm
Author: Admin Sahara

The first inkling that the People's Democratic Party (PDP), president Obasanjo's ruling party might have lost heavily in the South West has emerged with the first election results showing than the ANPP candidate was leading in Oyo State. First results announced officially in Ibadan South local government area shows ANPP leading with 10,414 votes followed dismally by PDP with 3,287, The AC trailed with 724 votes.
Unconfirmed reports reaching Saharareporters indicates that the Labour Party won in Ondo State, while the AC won Lagos and Ekiti States respectively. Results from Ogun State shows that it is still too close to call, but the PDP was said to be losing the state. There are no official results available as of the time of filing these reports,
MORE TO COME,
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by IBEXY(m): 10:19am On Apr 15, 2007
lipsrsealed

error !
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by frenchman(m): 10:37am On Apr 15, 2007
what is the source of your info, please?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by frenchman(m): 10:39am On Apr 15, 2007
PDP did not field any candidate in Rivers State, so how could they have won there, please lets know your source
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by romeo(m): 11:12am On Apr 15, 2007
and Enugu is not there??
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by frenchman(m): 11:17am On Apr 15, 2007
from the website, no source was given for the results they posted on the website. I think that result is not authentic.
There are too many ambiguities.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Ikomi(m): 11:24am On Apr 15, 2007
Can i ask a simple question. My question is this: Would there be a another election in all the areas where heavy violence was reported. e.g Rivers and Bayelsa and this time with heavy security.?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by bioye(m): 11:33am On Apr 15, 2007
You can tune to Radio Nigeria (92.9 FM in Lagos), they have been announcing results which seem authentic from INEC. 
Meanwhile, results should be formally announced by INEC at a press conference by 1.00pm (12noon GMT) nigerian time today.  You can tune in to NTA to view it. There should be updates every 1hr from then,
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by frenchman(m): 11:35am On Apr 15, 2007
please who won in oyo state?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Coleslove: 11:42am On Apr 15, 2007
I heard that Fashola (SAN) is the next Lagos State Governor. Is it true?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by gidig(m): 12:02pm On Apr 15, 2007
I voted in the Ikate regions of Surulere. I voted for Jimi Agbaje but the results from the polling centre where I voted showed that AC scored 78 votes and PDP 24. The results were similar in other areas with the DPA taking the second place in some places.

My friends in Ikeja said the DPA did better there and why did they not put Jimi Agbaje's picture in the papers. Also, I observed that even though the pictures of those who registered were not available for us to clarify before the election date, the PDP agent in the centre had personal copies of the pictures of the voters with them.

It almost scuttled the election as other agents were threatening to have him and his other colleagues arrested for being in possessio of INEC property. From what I have receievd so far, it apears that AC will win Lagos in this very first ballot.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by gidig(m): 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2007
Does anyone out there know how the DPA is faring?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Ejarune(m): 12:14pm On Apr 15, 2007
While we await results form the election I which to state that what we hear as results in some of the states are not really results. I was really baffled to find out that in Delta state and in some states in the Niger Delta there was no election. Up till about 6pm in most part of Delta state, no polling center was seen. But am surprise to hear that the election was okay. Some so desperate politicians hijacked all the materials took them to there houses and produced result. This is really a mess.

At about 6 pm a man saw me and asked me how was the election. i answered him that there was no election but before i could even answer he said "shey it was peaceful, very peaceful that is what we want" I began to wonder what he was saying" then he told me it's not the Ogada people and market woman that would decided who to win, that it is our people that went to school. That they have used there brine to do everything.  

My questions there is Nigeria progressing or retrogressing? One thing is clear. The election did not hold in many parts of Delta state but they are having results. This is not an issue of which party one supports but let justice and respect for individuals right prevail in the land.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by abes(m): 12:15pm On Apr 15, 2007
PDP won everything you can think of in Ogun state. Confirmed. Na wa o
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by dblock(m): 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2007
Is Jimi Agbaje winning/won?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by gidig(m): 12:22pm On Apr 15, 2007
Just watching MBI new right now and they report that INEC has confirmed Gbenga Daniels and Olagunsoye Oyinlola winners in Ogun State and Osun State respectively. Lets wait for the other results o and expect that no one is doing some abracadabra somewhere.

It was widely reported in the media that the ANPP candidate in Oyo State is in the lead.

question: How come it is only states where PDP have 'won' that INEC is very quick to confirm? Can we please have other results please Mr Iwu?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by ugoani(m): 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2007
AS far as am concern, there is no election in rivers state,for all most all the polling stations have less than ten [10] persons in a whole that voted
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Rottweiler(m): 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2007
What we just had was nothing near an election at all. I even watched a clip on BBC where some boys came to snatch the ballot box at one of the polling booths in Rivers State. Except there's a miracle I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. A lot of our politicians are a bunch of criminals. They are gradually destroying this country. By the time we realise it would be too late. God save us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Buhari Health: DSS Plans Massive Clampdown On Social Media Users / IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Excited Over UN ‘Urgent Appeals’ To Nigeria, Kenya / Imo LP State Assembly Aspirant, Chukwunenye Irouno Slumps And Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.