Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Election Results: Nationwide - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Results: Nationwide (28551 Views)

Official Thread for Elections Results Nationwide / Revelation Prophet Reveals Election Results.. / INEC Will Announce Election Results Within 48 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Election Results: Nationwide by babasin(m): 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2007
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by DisGuy: 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2007
INEC are meant to announce some results by 1.00pm itsn ow 1.16pm!!  angry angry angry
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by TAOTAO(m): 1:19pm On Apr 15, 2007
as far as the info i got from reading the punch newspaper online is concern,AC is leading in lagos,follow by PDP,then DPA and follow by others.but for me i think if the election is free and fair enough,PDP wouldn't have won any any of those 36 states including the presidencycuz people are tired of their tyrant form of leadership.but according to their president*OBJ.he says is do or die for thgem to win.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by beyonce1(f): 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2007
update !!! PDP WINS OGUN STATE , CONFIRMED GBENGA DANIELS , Announced by commissioner for information on BEN t.v 1.20 pm, Osun also PDP ,
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by bioye(m): 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2007
Confirmed results from INEC

1.  Abia - PPA - Theodore Orji - 265,289 votes
2.  Ogun - PDP - Gbenga Daniel - 426,132 votes
3.  Ekiti - PDP - Segun Oni
4.  Osun - PDP - Olagunsoye Oyinlola
5.  Borno - ANPP - Ali Modu Sheriff
6.  Delta - PDP - Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan??

This entry will be updated frequently as I clarify more results.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by saintchux(m): 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2007
Abia - PPA won
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by loma(m): 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2007
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has just announced the first set of official results. Here are the results of the Saturday elections as announced by Philip Umeadi, Jnr. the INEC Commissioner for Publicity:

Osun State, PDP; Ekiti State, PDP; Ogun State, PDP; Ondo State is inconclusive; Ondo State not ready as the Deputy Governor hijacked the results; Oyo State, not ready; Yobe State is not ready; Borno State is ANPP; Kano State is not ready; Jigawa State not ready, Lagos State, a lot of complaints but 13 Local Government Areas received while 7 LGA's are yet to come in. Nassarrawa State is still being expected; FCT, 4 area councils PDP won 3 and ANPP 1, Taraba State not ready; Abia State, PPA; Imo, Enugu, Anambra and Edo States not ready.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by egbon(m): 1:32pm On Apr 15, 2007
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by DisGuy: 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2007
loma:

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has just announced the first set of official results. Here are the results of the Saturday elections as announced by Philip Umeadi, Jnr. the INEC Commissioner for Publicity:

Osun State, PDP; Ekiti State, PDP; Ogun State, PDP; Ondo State is inconclusive; Ondo State not ready as the Deputy Governor hijacked the results; Oyo State, not ready; Yobe State is not ready; Borno State is ANPP; Kano State is not ready; Jigawa State not ready, Lagos State, a lot of complaints but 13 Local Government Areas received while 7 LGA's are yet to come in. Nassarrawa State is still being expected; FCT, 4 area councils PDP won 3 and ANPP 1, Taraba State not ready; Abia State, PPA; Imo, Enugu, Anambra and Edo States not ready.

only in nigeria cheesy
what were the police watching?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Danmasani(m): 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2007
bioye:

Confirmed results from INEC

1. Abia - PPA - Theodore Orji - 265,289 votes
2. Ogun - PDP - Gbenga Daniel - 426,132 votes
3. Ekiti - PDP - Segun Oni
4. Osun - PDP
5. Borno - ANPP
6. Delta - PDP

This entry will be updated frequently as I clarify more results.

How can PDP win delta state where there was nothing to be won at the first place. Every media house i've read has said elections did not take place in warri, parts of asaba among others. PDP and INEC must please not ridicule Nigeria. The first result i think simply confirm our worst fears- 2003 is happenning again!
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Christino(m): 1:50pm On Apr 15, 2007
After the census scam, i knew there was a rat in the pipeline, Delta with results? How possible, even PH sef I wonder, T[b]he world keeps laughin[/b]g, we are stand up comedians you know? grin
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by frenchman(m): 2:04pm On Apr 15, 2007
In the 90's Professor Iwu told the world that he had gotten the cure for Ebola Virus, it turned out to be untrue. In 2006, he told the world again that he would organise a free and fair election, but from his antecedents, we know thats not possible.
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for Iwu to organise a free and fair election.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Angybabe(f): 2:05pm On Apr 15, 2007
@Christino
They should continue to laugh.
Dem no dey RIG grin
We are a living witness to the American version few years ago.
Are we not a living witness to the the messing up of Postal votes in UK ?
They should leave us alone. This is our home-grown democracy grin
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by sin(m): 2:11pm On Apr 15, 2007
can anyone pls tell me what is happening in Edo state?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by bumpyjohn(m): 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2007
please you guys in nigeria should keep us updated oo every secs
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by dblock(m): 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2007
What's the news on Lagos State?
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by DrDre1(m): 2:29pm On Apr 15, 2007
AC declared winner in Lagos on STV lipsrsealed
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by dblock(m): 2:31pm On Apr 15, 2007
So does that mean tha Fasola won or??
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by celemel(m): 2:32pm On Apr 15, 2007
Edo--- Stalemated.  Oshiomole and Ogbemudia keeping vigil at INEC office to protect their interests.  Widespread rigging engineered by Anenih.  'Results" still being expected.

Lagos--- Too close to call. Fashola in the lead but PDP is trying some mago-mago.  Results  still awaited.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by dblock(m): 2:33pm On Apr 15, 2007
Anenih is a bastard, he jeopardized Nigeria's Road system. He should be in Jail angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by dblock(m): 2:34pm On Apr 15, 2007
I know things about Anenih, that could ruin him.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by saintchux(m): 2:37pm On Apr 15, 2007
dblock:

What are you waiting for?

Roll out the drum. Not revealing him means protecting him, which is unpatriotic.
Help make Nigeria great. Expose Anenih now!
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by DrDre1(m): 2:40pm On Apr 15, 2007
@ Celemel
A presenter on STV just said that AC has won 16 LGAs while PDP has 1
He however added that it is unconfirmed by INEC officials
So, that means magic can still happen

@ Saintchux
So many of these our rulers have dirty secrets and people know about them
It's just that people won't come out and say it
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Ejarune(m): 2:42pm On Apr 15, 2007
Angybabe:

@Christino
They should continue to laugh.
Dem no dey RIG grin
We are a living witness to the American version few years ago.
Are we not a living witness to the the messing up of Postal votes in UK ?
They should leave us alone. This is our home-grown democracy grin

I don't agree with you. it would not be right for Nigerians to fold there hands and allow things go worse in the society. As Martin Luther King Jr. would say " Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that Matter."  we need to know that what is wrong is wrong no matter how anyone wants to justify it.  I wonder the kind of example our leaders a showing for there children. and they want to stop crime, the want to stop corruption , they want to stop examination malpractices. God help Nigeria
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by Agboola1(m): 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2007
Latest report reaching P.M. News this afternoon showed that the Action Congress (AC) has swept the governorship and House of Assembly polls in Lagos State. The results of yesterday’s election showed that the state governorship candidate under the platform of AC, Barrister Babatunde Fashola (SAN) has won the election, while the party has also won 37 House of Assembly seats.

The People’s Democratic Party (PDP ) is trailing AC in a distant second place, having captured only Ibeju-Lekki Local Government Council. The margin of victory here was a few hundred votes. Action Congress has won in 12 local government areas of the state, out of the 13 results so far released at the local government headquarters and authenticated by INEC at the time of going to press this afternoon. The results showed that Fashola won between 55-60 per cent of the votes cast in many local councils and about 70 per cent in Alimosho and Mushin where the PDP had hoped to upstage the Action Congress.

P.M.News also learnt that the AC candidate won about 60 per cent of the votes declared in Shomolu local council. The result of the governorship election on Lagos Island shows AC garnered 27,181 votes, while PDP got 10,153 votes and DPA got 2,651 votes. The highlight of the election on the Island was that the PDP again lost in Chief Bode George’s ward as it happened in 2003 and 1999. In the Mainland, the party’s governorship candidate, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro was beaten in his ward in Ebute-Meta, losing 150 votes to Fashola’s 1000 votes plus in the polling booth in front of his former house on Jebba Street. .

AC’s candidate, Fashola victory also had a landslide victory in Alimosho council area with 61,457 votes as against PDP’s Musiliu Obanikoro, who got 32,015 votes.

It was another landslide victory for Fashola in Mushin where he got 61,683. Obanikoro got 21,719 votes and DPA’s Jimi Agbaje got 5 ,393 votes.

AC also had a clean sweep of the governorship election in Agege where the party’s candidate got 37,168 votes as against the 18,230 votes garnered by the PDP candidate.

Results from Oshodi, Apapa, Eti-Osa, Epe and other local governments also placed AC in the lead in the governorship elections. PDP is placed a distant second while DPA is third.

Up till press time, political observers were in a quandary as to why INEC has not released the result of the Lagos election. The frequent visits of the PDP chieftain, Chief Bode George to the commission’s headquarters in Onike more than three times since midnight have triggered concerns, as to whether the PDP was trying to exert pressure on INEC to tamper with the results already declared in all the councils in the state.

The concern is coming amid the clearing of the Lagos poll by local and international observers as free and fair.

Said a concerned politician in the state:”If no hanky-panky is done, Fashola’s victory is assured. But we learnt Bode George has been making frantic efforts to get Obasanjo to put pressure on INEC to either withhold the result or cancel it. He is doing all these after he found that all the efforts by the party to rig the polls have failed.”
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by osegwu(m): 2:47pm On Apr 15, 2007
dblock:

Really?

Then spill it or forever remain silent
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by romeo(m): 2:48pm On Apr 15, 2007
funny!!
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by dblock(m): 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2007
saintchux:

What are you waiting for?

Roll out the drum. Not revealing him means protecting him, which is unpatriotic.
Help make Nigeria great. Expose Anenih now!

I know that he is corrupt(I am 100% certain) I also know that he has government money. His men monitor road and other projects in Sokoto and Abuja. One of my uncles from Jos Plateau State, was working on a project, He was supposed to inspect the Road work and pay the contractor for the job. He observed that the Job wasn't done and the only thing that was done was Ground Breaking and clearing. he informed the office and said that he couldn't pay for the contractor for the project, as nothing was completed. Anenih adviced him to co-operate but he refused, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened next, Chuchill(My uncle) was fired on the spot and the contractor was payed for half done Job.

See the plan was simple. The contrcators were meant to be payed full for a completed Job, but Anenih ordered that the job should not be completed, but the contractors wold be payed a token for co-operation. Anenih probably has that money in some account. fortuanately my Uncle got a job elsewhere an has since being fine. Anenih is a theif and it's because of him and other ministers/governors that Nigeria stil has poor infrastructure  angry angry

And now he is rigging, Anenih can never change angry
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by OmoEko1(f): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2007
My source said the result comes out on Monday cheesy cheesy
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by donan(m): 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2007
Thumbs-up to u Nairaland users. please keep us updated. cool cool cool.U guys are just on point!!
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by babadee(m): 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2007
The mago mago has started!!!
lets wait and see their nu tricks.
Re: Election Results: Nationwide by donan(m): 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2007
What mago mago again? shocked shocked shocked.lets pray dat 2003 will not repeat itself wow!cos i can see dat some of dis politicians are power hungry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Labaran Maku Fails To Get APGA Ticket / Anambra Workers Risk Sack Over IPOB Sit-at-home Order / IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Excited Over UN ‘Urgent Appeals’ To Nigeria, Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.