Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Let's Have Your Complaints Here - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (114266 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by kosovo(m): 11:46am On Aug 09, 2010
A step in the right-direction, would be back here, once i'm done with my vacation.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by naijaking1: 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2010
Jarus,
Where is my new topic post on Akingbola? Did you delete, hide, or transfer it?
Everybody knows your position on Sanusi vs Akingbola, but if you used your moderator position to delete the article from Newswatch, then it means that even you as a journalist doesn't understand and appreciate free speech.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Aug 10, 2010
Look into the rate at which accounts are being blocked and posts removed by your spam blocker . . . . You probably want to check the banned pile at least every hour now.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by naijaking1: 7:06am On Aug 10, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Look into the rate at which accounts are being blocked and posts removed by your spam blocker . . . . You probably want to check the banned pile at least every hour now.

I don't have spam blocker, and certainly have no banned pile anywhere around. Why don't humans take reponsibility for once, why humanize machines and software programs

Spam-blotter did this and did that, have we forgotten that someone installed, programed, and monitored these spam blockers. So why blame spam blockers for everything?
Another question? Why has this blocker kicked in to delete topics unfavorable to Sanusi lamido and as soon as Jarus was made a moderator?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Okijajuju1(m): 7:14am On Aug 10, 2010
JARUS!!

Where are you!! angry angry angry angry

I am super pissed today!! Infact, I cant take this anymore!!

Which one of you over righteous mods decided to add such useless word filters to everything?! angry angry angry
How can one freely express him/her self in the sexuality section with such annoying filters changing your every post?? angry angry angry

I am okay with filters in Family section and kids section, and such threads, but I think SEXUALITY and FOOTBALL section should be left without such filters.

E.g Say I want to say something like "Chelsea and Arsenal footall club supported are a bunch of bitches. Your filters modify it to naughty women. WHY!!? angry

Tell them to please take of those nasty filters.

Thanks for your usual cooperation.

Okija_jujuTM
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by tpiah: 10:41am On Aug 10, 2010
Why has this blocker kicked in to delete topics unfavorable to Sanusi lamido and as soon as Jarus was made a moderator?

is that true?

gosh, this type of fascist mindset seems to be entrenched with jarus.

annoying!!!!!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by naijaking1: 12:53pm On Aug 10, 2010
tpiah:

is that true?

annoying!!!!!

I posted a Newswatch article unfavorable to Sanusi, and a strategic fight-back plan of Akingbola for about 10mins, then it disappeared.
If the article is not posted on this forum, then it will be obvious that this section has been hijacked by partisan pro-Sanusi political operatives who have no argument to make in favor of their principal, but will simply muzzle the opposition instead.
Fortunately or unfortunately, we still have copies of Newswatch out there cool
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by mukina2: 1:06pm On Aug 10, 2010
^
Your topic was marked by the bot, it will be unmarked and will be visible soon.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by naijaking1: 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2010
^^^^
Mr. bot, Mr. bot, Mr. bot where are thou? If you have ears hear me, if yoy have eyes, see that the article contained no profanity, no bad language, and no disrespect to anybody on this forum.

Why was this article removed?
I know the bot is installed by a human, monitored by a human, and even everseen by a human. Has the bot been used as a political tool on Nairaland?
No blood runs through the bot'[/i]s veins, the [i]bot is not human. The bot is just a tool, so why do we blame everything done by humans on the bot
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by mukina2: 1:21pm On Aug 10, 2010
Has the bot been used as a political tool on Nairaland?
nope never . .
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jarus(m): 1:30pm On Aug 10, 2010
naijaking1:

Jarus,
Where is my new topic post on Akingbola? Did you delete, hide, or transfer it?
Everybody knows your position on Sanusi vs Akingbola, but if you used your moderator position to delete the article from Newswatch, then it means that even you as a journalist doesn't understand and appreciate free speech.
Like any other long, copy and paste posts, it was caught by spambot. I have asked the admin to release it. It will soon be visible to normal users.

tpiah:

is that true?

annoying!!!!!

Shakes head
naijaking1:

^^^^
Mr. bot, Mr. bot, Mr. bot where are thou? If you have ears hear me, if yoy have eyes, see that the article contained no profanity, no bad language, and no disrespect to anybody on this forum.

Why was this article removed?
I know the bot is installed by a human, monitored by a human, and even everseen by a human. Has the bot been used as a political tool on Nairaland?
No blood runs through the bot'[/i]s veins, the [i]bot is not human. The bot is just a tool, so why do we blame everything done by humans on the bot
Cool down my bros, even my own post can be caught by spambot.
I told you, you are safe grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by bkbabe97y(m): 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2010
Jarus:

Shakes headCool down my bros, even my own post can be caught by spambot.
I told you, you are safe grin

Soooooooo. . . . . , lemme guess my "His Excellency, Jarus The Moderator. Leave me the hell alone" thread was also vaporized by Mr Bot??!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by haboosa(m): 3:36pm On Aug 10, 2010
@ Jarus i have been trying to post a topic but hasn't reflect on the board abeg help to release it
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jarus(m): 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ok. Will check it
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Sharonf(f): 11:02pm On Aug 10, 2010
Are the banned IDs part of the Member count?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Okijajuju1(m): 10:33am On Aug 11, 2010
Jarus!! Why havent you responded to my complaints?!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by blacksta(m): 11:55am On Aug 11, 2010
Everyday na so so complaints both the useless and usefull ones in the same pot angry
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jarus(m): 12:04pm On Aug 11, 2010
Okija_juju:

Jarus!! Why havent you responded to my complaints?!

Okija_juju:

JARUS!!

Where are you!! angry angry angry angry

I am super pissed today!! Infact, I cant take this anymore!!

Which one of you over righteous mods decided to add such useless word filters to everything?! angry angry angry
How can one freely express him/her self in the sexuality section with such annoying filters changing your every post?? angry angry angry

I am okay with filters in Family section and kids section, and such threads, but I think SEXUALITY and FOOTBALL section should be left without such filters.

E.g Say I want to say something like "Chelsea and Arsenal footall club supported are a bunch of bitches. Your filters modify it to naughty women. WHY!!? angry

Tell them to please take of those nasty filters.

Thanks for your usual cooperation.

Okija_jujuTM

Let's not forget that this thread is meant for issues bordering on Politics section only.
But I know the admin comes here too and he will see your grievance. Personally though, I'm of the opinion that filtered words should cut across board, not limited to a section, but if possible, what the 'filtered word' changes to may vary across sections
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jarus(m): 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2010
Sharon_f:

Are the banned IDs part of the Member count?
How is this related to Politics?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by mbulela: 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2010
Jarus, kindly address the issues raised in my post in the previous page.

Cheers,
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jarus(m): 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2010
mbulela:

Jarus, kindly address the issues raised in my post in the previous page.

Cheers,
Will do.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by DisGuy: 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2010
Ramadan Kareem

Please can you remove this post to the recylce bin, the topic could actually be discussed normal with a political twist but its been consumed by the tribalist

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-494342.256.html
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jarus(m): 9:13am On Aug 12, 2010
Dis Guy:

Ramadan Kareem

Please can you remove this post to the recylce bin, the topic could actually be discussed normal with a political twist but its been consumed by the tribalist

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-494342.256.html
Thanks co-Mod.
Thread locked rather than transferred to bin. At least the news and teh few sane comments can still be read by interested people in the future.
I wonder when our generation are going to outgrow this petty mudslinging and needless fighting over non-value-adding issues.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Sharonf(f): 10:43am On Aug 12, 2010
Keep on wondering. Instead of banning them, keep on wondering.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Beaf: 2:02pm On Aug 12, 2010
Mods, why are there so many duplicate threads? I mean tonnes of duplicate threads? Why aren't repeat and serial offenders given warnings?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jarus(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2010
Beaf:

Mods, why are there so many duplicate threads? I mean tonnes of duplicate threads? Why aren't repeat and serial offenders given warnings?
Noted. Threads are usually merged with advice to offenders to search before starting new thread.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by seanet02: 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2010
@jarus, why did you delete the thread i started on the legacies of obafemi awolowo. seems you HATE him, i really dont like what you did. why did you delete that thread?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jarus(m): 3:48pm On Aug 12, 2010
seanet02:

@jarus, why did you delete the thread i started on the legacies of obafemi awolowo. seems you HATE him, i really dont like what you did. why did you delete that thread?
It's a pity people jump into conclusions without bordering to crosscheck their facts and hurl insults at people.
A simple check of your post history would have shown you that the thread is still here in politics section but since it's not attractive enough to command enough replies it found itself into 2nd, 3rd page

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=494074.msg6541458#top

Very soon you will start blaming Mod for your personal woes
Next time, I will not receive this kind of false, lazy accusation with a smiling face
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by mbulela: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2010
Jarus,
I still await your response to the comments i made in an earlier page of this thread concerning the bastardization of this section of the forum by ethnic jingoists.
What is the way forward and how do you intend sanitising the forum in that regard?

Cheers,
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by babapupa: 6:11pm On Aug 12, 2010
I guess this is where all the sissies and snitches congregates,
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by Jarus(m): 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2010
Jarus,
congratulations on this appointment.
You have taken a poisoned chalice but i believe in your ability.
This section of the forum has been messed up extensively.
While i often wonder why people complain about bans when they can always re-register with a new username almost instantaneously, i think those with the ability to ban need to go a step further and ban specific IP addresses (especially when they are static not dynamic addresses) for the atrocities of the ethnic and tribalistic jingoists.
While i do not come here as often as i did in the past, it is hugely irritating to open a thread and come back to see a topic taken off tangent and desecrated with ethnic jargons that are neither educative nor edifying.
Mods, Super Mods and the Admin need to put heads together and come up with a way of addressing this crap.
It is not funny and it is killing the spirit of the Politics section.
All the best and see you later (on a thread of common interest)  

Yeah, you've made a great comment here Mbulela.
I must admit it's been difficult containing these ethnic warriors that have turned the section into war grounds.
I read posts from otherwise intelligent people and I shake my head. It could be utterly disgusting when one opens thread to discuss serious issues and some people come around only to 'contribute' to the topic from their tribal prism, a vitriolic one at that.

Knowing the stark reality that this tendency is inbuilt in many Nigerians, the admin has even set aside a special section for them to go and spill their tribal gobbledygooks but they have refused to leave the stage for sane topics. It's worrying.

Even more surprising is seeing supposedly highly schooled people, some PhD holders, engaging in this act. I personally believe in the power of persuasion, and I'm trying to apply that here, perhaps they will reason on why petty things like that will not lead us anywhere.

The banning authorities are already using the IP banning option and it's working to a great extent. In addition to trying to work on their mind to grow, I will also not hesitate to recommend IP ban to erring people.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints Here by mbulela: 11:51pm On Aug 12, 2010
Jarus,
Thanks for your response.
I hope the efforts in addressing this madness will yield results soon.
cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

Olusegun Adeniyi Ambushed By Boko Haram / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation / Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.