Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! (12579 Views)

Poll: What should this chic do?

Dump him! He is a freak!: 69% (44 votes)
Stay with him! - He realy loves you!: 30% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Ways To Know Your Boyfriend Has No Future Ambition / My Boyfriend Has Finished Me!!! / My Boyfriend Has Hurt Me So Bad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Hugoboi(m): 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2007
@ puker

why do u think so?i'm tempted to believe so!!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2007
My findings have revealed that such agencies really exist. The question now is how effective they are!

Has anyone ever had such an experience?

Puker, I really do not give a f*ck about whether you believe me or not!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Rhea(f): 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2007
Razorr,

It seems your BF has just told you what he may have been doing all along. He just told you that a very close friend of his is keeping a close eye on you. This may have been happening for quite sometime now, and he then chose now to tell you.

His intentions may be to instill fear in you. I guess he doesn't trust you, or may have reasons not to, or may be probing for a reason to distrust you, and then dump you.

If he doesn't trust you, then break up with him.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by spoilt(f): 4:01pm On Apr 18, 2007
hehehe! he is bluffing! grin
his private investigators are his family members and friends. they are usually good though! undecided

n.b and nobody can know you had an abortion except you blab or they find the receipt! grin
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by RuuDie(m): 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2007
Razorr:

how?

from ur responses/questions can be interpreted in 2 ways; under d circumstances we're seein 'em from d suspicious angle 'cos (from ur writes) u're not just actin like a casual observer with a passin interest in P.I. agencies in naija, but givin dis impression of some1 in distress over d issue - guess dats why some of d folks here think u've got something 2 hide 'cos u're really actin freaked out!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Hugoboi(m): 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2007
nice logical reason.Even though it sounds kina circumstantial!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2007
Spoilt, who told you I had an abortion?  shocked   shocked  

These Nairalanders sef. . .   grin   grin

Ruudie, I'm not freaking out! I'm just angry!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by spoilt(f): 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2007
RuuDie:

from your responses/questions can be interpreted in 2 ways; under d circumstances we're seein 'em from d suspicious angle 'because (from your writes) u're not just actin like a casual observer with a passin interest in P.I. agencies in naija, but givin this impression of someone in distress over d issue - guess that is why some of d folks here think u've got something 2 hide 'because u're really actin freaked out!

i dont agree with you at all. no matter how innocent you are nobody likes being followed and photographed all day long. a private investigator will trail you, follow you, stalk you. IT IS AN INVASION OF PRIVACY!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by DewDrop(f): 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2007
[center]Likewise @ Ruudie, the reaction was so strong- it made me wonder.
Razorr
Why do you care how effective such agencies are?
You have no skeletons, abi?
So quit being on the defensive about this and get on the offensive!
(I know sounds cliche)

I don't think many people would have had such experiences
Or dealt with those agencies in that capacity (relationship issue)

Back to getting on the offensive: You have to put him on the spot!
Re-iterate that you have nothing to hide
And you are not pleased at all with his behavior,
Ask him to justify his thought process.
All he'll do in the end is alienate you and make you distrust him.
Cuz saying he'd investigate you is like saying:
"You word isn't good enough",
"I wouldn't believe you to tell me the complete truth",
"I think you have something to hide"

Bottom line, what type of woman are you?
Are you one to worry about what the investigation could reveal? That would be a waste of time because they could always make something up!
Are you the type of woman to call him out for even thinking such a thing in the first place?

Either way, decide what type of woman you are and act accordingly![/center]
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by spoilt(f): 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2007
Razorr:

Spoilt, who told you I had an abortion?  shocked   shocked  

These Nairalanders sef. . .   grin   grin

DIDNT SAY YOU HAD ONE. grin  YOUR FIRST POST MENTIONED SOMETHING LIKE THE PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR MAYBE  FINDING OUT IF YOU HAD AN ABORTION. I JUST THOUGHT I SHD ADDRESS THAT ISSUE. IM NOT SAYING YOU DID HAVE ONE.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by DewDrop(f): 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2007
[center]@ oyb- LoL. Really just an active imagination!

@ Razorr- Even in my last, last post i noticed that
You were way toooooo concerned about that abortion part
for us- Nairalanders not to assume that its discovery was a major concern for you
Seems that way.
Yup.
[/center]
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2007
Dewdrop, nice analysis! I'm impressed!

You are right, I am angry about the lack of trust.

You can't imagine how much I hate invasion of privacy. This is why I do not have many friends. I don't even invite people to my house. It's that bad.

I find the idea of someone following me around quite annoying and unbelievable! That is why I want to know how effective these agancies are!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by joyblinks(f): 4:17pm On Apr 18, 2007
me i dont even know what to say on this topic anymore.

razorr, you are making things difficult for us to understand here.

and what brought about the abortion stuff in the first page?

am lost oh
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by lastdon2(m): 4:20pm On Apr 18, 2007
The guy could be right and he might not be right too. But what are you scared of girl?

If your house is in order, no wahala.

But if hes abroad and he wants you to remain as mother Theresa, girl you need to wake up.

We are not in the sixties. angry
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by DewDrop(f): 4:20pm On Apr 18, 2007
[center]OHMGah!?!? joyblinks
Are you serious!? @ your post about only a man that loves you blah blah blah
You can't be!!
Women like these are the ones who believe that a man who beats them does so because he loves them so much!

In this case, it's not about love. Everybody has boundaries and those must be respected!
Its a matter of respect & trust!
He needs to show his 'love' for her by trusting her and respecting her!
Not by hiring private investigators and giving the woman panic attacks!!
She's already para, why does she need to question why her neighbor asked this or that

Everyone, the abortion was just razorr questioning if said Nigerian Investigative Agency could source out information as sensitive as that!!
Which was the original point of the thread- we, well I, digressed (A Dr. Phil moment) grin
So,
Are Nigerian Investigative Agencies good/thorough enough to find information as sensitive as the termination of a pregnancy?[/center]
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2007
why all the hoopla on abortions.
Many people have had abortions,in the millions.
It is not an unforgiveable sin.

what if she had one,so what?
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2007
This detective thing has gone haywire o!  shocked

I don't know how my b/f found out about this thread on Nairaland! He has called me to harrass me about it!  shocked

Please you guys should hush it about the abortion thingy before he starts asking me silly questions about it o!
I mentioned it because that was the main thing we talked about when he told me about the investigator. He made a heavy reference to it and I challenged him and told him he would never find out even if I have had one!
I have never been pregnant o. Haaaaaaaaaa!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2007
hmm
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by lastdon2(m): 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2007
Osisi, i dont see any wrong in killing an unborn child.
Imagine if your mum had aborted you!!!!!!!!!!!

Look if shes had an abortion, let her go ask for forgiveness from God and not from a B/F who hires a private investigator.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2007
But seriously razorr,the fact that you have this topic here shows me this guy is not a good material.
My advice,get rid of him fast,he's infecting you with his paranoia and have you running around looking for PI's in Naija.
You don't need such a guy with no balls,you need a confident man and trust me there are several
Dump this individual fast before he succeeds in dragging you to his sorry level
And he is now reading nairaland,trailing you,the guy is a loser,yes,babyosisi says so,he is not worth a dime in my opinion
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by boraddo(m): 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2007
Razorr, yes there are private detectives in Nigeria, the German embassy hired one to follow ma cousin for over 6months and d guy was really good (nigerian guy, who was later bribed) , as for ur bf, i dont think he would go that lenght, what if d so called detective falls in love wit u,

anyhw sha, relax ur mind, nothin dey happen
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2007
lastdon2:

Osisi, i don't see any wrong in killing an unborn child.
Imagine if your mum had aborted you!!!!!!!!!!!

Look if shes had an abortion, let her go ask for forgiveness from God and not from a B/F who hires a private investigator.

never said abortion was Ok,but it is not the end of the world,it is forgiveable by God.
Please keep my mommy out of this topic,thank you.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by spoilt(f): 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2007
@ razorr
ha! he's now reading nairaland? how did he know your sign on name was razorr?
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by kachikapor(m): 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2007
ha ha ha ha, private detective, ha ha ha ha
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by lastdon2(m): 4:50pm On Apr 18, 2007
Razorr if you want my candid opinion: fash that guy, if you are sure of yourself.

Bobo's full town wey go dig your style.

Let the guy go.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 4:52pm On Apr 18, 2007
spoilt:

@ razorr
ha! he's now reading nairaland? how did he know your sign on name was razorr?

1. He knows about my rendezvous on nairaland.
2. My picture is in my profile.
3. This thread is on the front page.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by DewDrop(f): 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2007
@spoilt why is that so unbelievable? My BF is a pseudo-Nairalander and knows my screen name.[/center]
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2007
This madness has got to stop. its unfortunate that Razorr chose not to respond to my earlier questions. It is high time, our girls started appreciating themselves and standing for something (if you dont stand for sthg, u will fall fdor anything). It is one thing for someone to love you, and its a damn abominable and despicable thing for a guy to send private investigators after you and be bold enough to let you know. Its a big shame,

I stay in the US and I can only imagine what rubbish some chicks will take to date sbdy abroad. For all i care, so many pple are messed up here. It is largely guys that arre not worth it and feel insecure that behave this way!

Razorr, you look really good and will sweep anyman off his feet (from your pix) and you deserve the best in life. Without wanting sound like an old man, I cannot imagine a guy telling my sis what ur bf told u. You seem to be pretty interested in the guy, thats my problem with naija girls, they ask for opinions even when they have made up their minds.

there's much more to life than yankee or life abroad!

let your gumption direct your affair.

i am sorry if i appear rude,
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2007
Ogbonje, what gave you the impression that I am that crazy about the guy?
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by DewDrop(f): 5:00pm On Apr 18, 2007
[center]
undecided Oh gosh @ topic
Ok ok Everyone,
the abortion was just razorr questioning if a Nigerian Investigative Agency could source out information as sensitive!!

Are Nigerian Investigative Agencies good/thorough enough to find information as sensitive as the termination of a pregnancy?

so we can stop all the digression!
[/center]
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by DewDrop(f): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2007
Well razorr, you better be crazy about him!! to go thru all this!!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2007
ogbonge:

This madness has got to stop. its unfortunate that Razorr chose not to respond to my earlier questions. It is high time, our girls started appreciating themselves and standing for something (if you don't stand for sthg, u will fall fdor anything). It is one thing for someone to love you, and its a damn abominable and despicable thing for a guy to send private investigators after you and be bold enough to let you know. Its a big shame,

I stay in the US and I can only imagine what rubbish some chicks will take to date sbdy abroad. For all i care, so many people are messed up here. It is largely guys that arre not worth it and feel insecure that behave this way!

Razorr, you look really good and will sweep anyman off his feet (from your pix) and you deserve the best in life. Without wanting sound like an old man, I cannot imagine a guy telling my sis what your boyfriend told u. You seem to be pretty interested in the guy, thats my problem with naija girls, they ask for opinions even when they have made up their minds.

there's much more to life than yankee or life abroad!

let your gumption direct your affair.

i am sorry if i appear rude,

You are so correct.
I too live here in the USA and has been here for a while.
Our girls get all jelly on the inside when these men living here,charge up credit cards and borrow money to go home and show off to these girls.

Many of these men are not doing much here,you'll not know until you come over here.
I know tons of girls who regretted marrying these men who lied through their teeth.
Some who married business men ended up with cab drivers or pizza delivery men,the deception is terrible and so common
Before the girl finds out,she already get belle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? / He Is Angry Because I Uploaded This On My Dp / Chinese Man Becomes Viral Internet Sensation For ‘Being Too Handsome’ (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.