Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! (12578 Views)

Poll: What should this chic do?

Dump him! He is a freak!: 69% (44 votes)
Stay with him! - He realy loves you!: 30% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Ways To Know Your Boyfriend Has No Future Ambition / My Boyfriend Has Finished Me!!! / My Boyfriend Has Hurt Me So Bad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 8:09am On Apr 19, 2007
Icon:

Razorr, do you have anything to fear? if not then just fashi and go about your normal day to day activities. I think you should have some real talk with your boyfriend and let him know you are not down with him putting private eyes on you. That's invasion of privacy , boyfriend or not. If he doesn't see it that way, then you need to start thinking ahead. He might do worse things when you get married, once he has any reason to doubt your commitment.
The fact is this, even if you have nothing to hide, the private eye wants to earn his money and so will emphasize those little details like , the guy that gave you a hug in public (even though he hugged 3 of you at the same time), the guy who paid your cab fare (even though you were not the only one in the cab), the text messages on your phone (assuming he has access - even though there's nothing suspicious there) and due to the lack of trust from your boyfriend, he'll hear and believe only what he wants to hear and believe, and that's what he set out to find out in the first place.
Any relationship that's not based on trust doesn't deserve to exist. That's the bottom line. You guys need to talk.

My fear exactly! undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by DewDrop(f): 8:54am On Apr 19, 2007
[center] angryCan u Imagine!?? @ thread
This thing has turned into a Dump him/Stay with him debate
And I thought you were initially just curious about how thorough a Nigerian Investigative Agency could be
Oh well, I still stick to my original idea- if you can read back to it.
Talk to him and ask why he'd even think of such a thing.
I'll bet there are other issues attached to his need to question you/your word
you're a sharp lady, you'll be aiight!
grin
Oh@ the lady that said "you think it is easy to dump someone, especially one wey dey abroad wey dey send things, probably an eligible young man"
For real?
Wow, I didn't know people actually thought like that!
Someone "wey dey abroad" DOES NOT mean "eligible young man"
LOL
cool[/center]
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 9:04am On Apr 19, 2007
DewDrop:

This thing has turned into a Dump him/Stay with him debate

Maybe I should just create a poll. grin
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by DewDrop(f): 9:10am On Apr 19, 2007
[center]Great Idea @ razorr
The options should be those 4 options i mentioned yesterday

Option 1) Dump him and don't worry about him investigating you
Option 2) Stay and keep your mouth shut and call his bluff
Option 3) Confess all your deep, dark, dirty secrets to him
Option 4) Confess something not too damaging (exam malpractice in JSS2) Grin, and wait for it to blow over

How 'bout it?[/center]
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 9:12am On Apr 19, 2007
Dang! Unfortunatey, I can't adjust the poll. sad

Seun, please can you help? I want to edit that poll!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by DewDrop(f): 9:14am On Apr 19, 2007
[center]Ehh,
Anyway,
I vote for option 4!
grin
Yup, #4
angry
Look @ me , already faffing @ 9 in da morning!
Nairaland has done it again!!
tongue[/center]
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by IBBFan(m): 9:19am On Apr 19, 2007
Razorr, there is no such agency in naija. brothers, cousins, family relatives are even too far. the average nigerian is a qualified and certified amebo. just to gain favor from a person living abroad in search of greener pastures, some neutral person might have even been telling him things. so, he's just trying to shake you. unless you're guilty, i don't see any reason why you should be scared or bothered. but remember you posted about you sucking j-girl's boobs last night.  lipsrsealed his "P.I." might have even reported and sent the link to your bobo. you sef, you talk too much. grin grin

my advice, don't dump him and don't continue with him. just leave him hanging! wink
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by IBBFan(m): 9:21am On Apr 19, 2007
i was thinking again. maybe he hired officials of Nkan Mbe or Crime Fighters. cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by piscean(m): 9:25am On Apr 19, 2007
i bet there are a million and one guys in naija that would beat this guy hands down when it comes to love, affection, money, time and everything in between. Girl from me to you,one advice- give this guy a reason to regret he ever mentioned such a thing to you by faking a break-up and wait for his reactions
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by t0kunb0(m): 9:28am On Apr 19, 2007
@topic
dnt no d effectiveness of any "NIGERIAN detective agency", dntt fink dey'll b usin surveillance cameras, buggin ur line, trailin u, "hi-tech" ways sha, cos ur close friend/colleague/relative/gateman/house-help(sum1 inside sha) 'd do a better detective work dan a "private detective". cost-benefit wise!!!! it aint worth it xcpt undecided undecided undecided

dont fink u should c it as an FBI kindda thingy, hope u get my point

y's b/f bin "detective"? c if u can answer d question not accussing u of anitin cos i fil ur clean , what's d essence? what's he gonna do wif d findings/report? how long r u gonna b watched

personally, its all rung sha u dont need 2 dump him
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by tushlips: 9:29am On Apr 19, 2007
The only detectives ur boyfriend has or is abt hiring are ur close friends so be careful wat ur are abt saying or doing lately jst try and be discreet as much as possible.u shld'nt be worried if u are not playing foul game and if u are and u care so much abt this overseas boyfriend of urs they give this a serious thot weigh ur options and make a decision.in my own opinion this guy maybe serios and care abt u thats why he told u this.he is NOT WORTH DUMPING.remember u alone can make a decision that best suits u so be careful cos whatever u do may make or mar u.ALL D BEST AS U SEEK ANSWERS.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by DewDrop(f): 9:29am On Apr 19, 2007
[center] shocked @ IBB
Alakoba!

But seriously, how unfair to him- to 'just leave him hanging' or 'fake breaking up'!?
Playing that middle is very dangerous and in the end would only harm you.
You might think you have good 'ol reliable.
You wait till you're 38 and are through leaving him hanging and faking breaking up
He feels he's been left hanging/ broken up with and moves on,
You return to find another woman in your place,
You realize you are now officially OVER after several attempts to reclaim the love
You start singing Heather Headley's "In my mind", Mariah Carey's "Always be my baby"
You return to Nairaland to post the upsetting news
We spend days debating, voting, comforting you
I think you catch the drift

Whatever you do, Never play games with someone's emotions like that![/center]
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 9:32am On Apr 19, 2007
hmmm. . .
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 9:35am On Apr 19, 2007
Tokunbo, to answer your question, I have not done anything to make him suspicious of me. He is just scared because he has friends who have experienced horrible things at the hands of Nigerian girls. He is just trying to be careful (at least, so he says).

I told him after he told me about the detective was that he was a freak! I still can't believe it!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by t0kunb0(m): 9:48am On Apr 19, 2007
@ Razorr

my girl's in sch faraway embarassed, i give her d impression her actions are been monitord. i cal her close frndz,coursemates,room-mates frequently. dey dont no it but collectively dey make a wondaful detective/fact-finding/authentic team (public or private, Nigerian or otherwise)

y do i do it?

she's way 2 priceless 2 me, woulnt want anitin 2 go rung wifout knowin. although i trust her very much, i dont trust d "other guys" dat might wnt 2 av her, those who get 2 c her evriday. d survelliance doesnt chase dem away, jst lyk EFCC wont stop 419, but i guess it kipz me unworried/settled.

its rili notin 2 wori bout, guys always want 2 no what their girlz do bhind their backs cos dey alot bhind d girlz bac which dey cant & wont take from d babe cry shocked

never said u had skeletons in ur cupboard!!!! wink

@ dewdrop nice point
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Seun(m): 9:55am On Apr 19, 2007
I told him after he told me about the detective was that he was a freak!
Yes, calling him a freak will definitely help your relationship. You can call him a mugun or idiot. That'll also help. lipsrsealed
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 10:01am On Apr 19, 2007
Seun, if I catch you, ehn!  angry   grin   grin Yeye boy!
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by DewDrop(f): 10:24am On Apr 19, 2007
[center]LoL @ Seun

Razorr- Calling him a freak- NOT NICE!
He's insecure about the relationship- which is normal.
I'm sure you too might want some info on who he is, what he does, what he's done e.t.c.
BUT watch out before it becomes a controlling/possessive issue
But please sort this thing out today!
I don't think I can stand another poster asking you:
"What skeletons u have in your closet"
LoL
And let us know what he says.
Would you believe me and the BF got into a discussion last night
About private investigations of each other?
Talk about Nairaland taking over!
cool
[/center]
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 10:29am On Apr 19, 2007
He just told me now that they are working on electronic surveillance. He says they have people in all telecomms companies.  shocked   shocked

I think I should do the same to him also - Get detectives to monitor his movements.  grin   grin
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Damy(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2007
I dont know why a guy will go that far just to save his relationship, i wonder.
but if he really did that it means the girl must be precious 2 him.

GIRL UR PRECIOUS 2 HIM.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by DewDrop(f): 11:39am On Apr 19, 2007
[center]Okay now, he's not trying to 'SAVE the relationship,
'just 'effing with you!
Relax- I think he just likes seeing you squirm about this whole thing
Tell him to go ahead, and that you may or may not be doing the same.
And just let it die there!
Electronic surveillance my A$$
That just pushed me over the edge!
With the incessant light outages- where's the command center set up?
cool
[/center]
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Damy(m): 11:50am On Apr 19, 2007
@ Damy

dont let it get 2 ur head, there are many fine, as in fine girls with good background and well educated over there, any were he is so i want u 2 be carefull cos am going through that kind of stage in my life.

A girl i love,
A girl i want 2 be with,
A that means alot 2 me,
A girl that confess to me and my friends that am her all in all and she will wait 4 me anywhere i go.

So girl be awake. All that telecomms of a thing is just 2 make u always think of him.

Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Damy(m): 11:54am On Apr 19, 2007
[size=14pt][center]If he instest on telecomms surveillance, girl get a new underground line and keep the phone line away from him.[/center][/size]
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Razorr(f): 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2007
lol
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by onome02(f): 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2007
Hi Razzor, ur question is a very interesting one with even more interesting answers, first of all, I dont believe private detectives do exist, in nigeria dat is, if dey do, they're investigations cant go very far because der'll be too many delimiting factors, ok? so dont believe a word he's saying and personally, to me i think you should forget about him totally, get someone new who will love and respect you for you ok? take care bye.
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by ronnieslimz(f): 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2007
Razorr:

He just told me now that they are working on electronic surveillance. He says they have people in all telecomms companies. shocked shocked

I think I should do the same to him also - Get detectives to monitor his movements. grin grin
eh. . ehn!!! oga oo
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by debosky(m): 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2007
for a freak like you who likes sucking on other women's boobies,

electronic surveillance isn't enough, he should do spiritual surveillance as well grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by busygirl(f): 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2007
[/quote][quote author=debosky link=topic=49492.msg1052815#msg1052815 date=1177000530]
electronic surveillance isn't enough, he should do spiritual surveillance as well grin grin grin
That's funny! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by Ayd: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2007
i think u should also hire one on him too
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by FactorChic(f): 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2007
abeg no waste your time with this rubbish
Dump his insecured ass! angry
what's a relationship without trust?
abi u send person make dem dey watch him abroad too?
u know wetin he dey do there?

pls dump his ass and move on!
he even had the guts to tell you he sent agencies whatever
DUMP HIM! angry
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by simmy(m): 6:07pm On Apr 19, 2007
y dont u want him to chek u out if u havnt got sumthgn to h
Re: My Boyfriend Has Hired A Private Detective To Investigate Me! by hannydarl(f): 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2007
Your boyfriend is daft why the hell will he tell you such a thing?Maybe he heard stufff about you ,confronted you and when you denied his accusation he told you he will soon find out the truth as he has hired detectives to check you.Anyway if you are innocent and you told him so by denying his accusation and he still suspects you of cheating on him i suggest you LEAVE the reletionship because such a guy can kill you in future if he feels he has "genuine" facts that you cheated on him i am sure you dont want your life to end with a news caption like: WOMAN BEHEADED BY JELOUSE HUSBAND FOR BEIGN "TOO FAMILIAR" WITH ANOTHER MAN. monittoring you doesnt mean he loves you it means he dosent want his investment to go down the drain he sees you as his investment not as his beloved sweetheart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Body On This Instagram Model Is Causing Confusion Among Men / Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? / He Is Angry Because I Uploaded This On My Dp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.