Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth (22354 Views)

CNN Interview Of Mayor Of Port Elizabeth Over FIFA Scandal Vs Sahara Reporters / Don't Allow A Poor Person To Rise To Leadership - Myles Munroe / Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Liedetect: 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2010
Nigerians brought this upon themselves here. I am presently a resident of Pretoria in RSA and there is nothing like that here. Nigerians living i  this country have a bad reputation. I even have problems associating with them and they call me proud. We need to resolve our issues. The Yoruba say that 'ILE NI ATI NKESO RODE' this means charity begins at home. I know many would scream and haul abuses and all kinds of unpleasant WORDS, but i have a thick skin towards. Let's advise our people to stop the poo they do and stop giving us names. I am trying so hard to make a name for myself here and they (ISSUES OF Nigerian) are bringing Me down.

I totally agree. Blacks are always moaning when discriminated against. they never accept when you tell them that they are criminals, subhumans, noisemakers. If the Bantus of south Africa only accepted the truth that they  are  despicable animals, crooks and thieves, our white south African bothers would not have resorted to  putting them soundly to sleep as in the images below.     

the Bantus' Brought this on themselves

[b]

Offended by the picture ? Nigerians too are offended. You also offend the memory of those in the picture who died fighting apartheid because the acts against Nigerians in south Africa is nothing but racism.  The actions of blacks on the Continent against Nigerians is nothing but the actions of cowards legitimizing racism. The outside world will  always  look for an advantage, the world is small, all know whats going on, once they sniff that blacks have an attitude against another set of black people, they will find legitimization in discriminating against those black people picked on by their own kind, and the result will be a snowball effect.

poor, poor childish minded Africans, to think that if they join whites to pick on Nigerians they are not going to be picked on themselves. What a shameful, pathetic state of affair to seek  to find some sliver of dignity in the eyes of the rest of the world, by joining to target another set of Africans, which to betray on the alter of white racism.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Engen(m): 9:24pm On Aug 21, 2010
@Liedetect

You are the only reason I kept on coming back to this thread,  I love you men, can you imagine wat this guys are saying, One is saying he lives in Pretoria and he doesnt associate with Nigerians cud you imagine dis kind of dumb statements frm a fellow Nigerian abt another of his kinds, wen is dis bloody black ppl(am black too)going to stop and dis nonesense and lets fight a good fight for the sake of next generations of blacks?

I dnt care d kind of race you belong to, pls I will like to knw what you think abt BEAUTY PEAGENT, Especially the Miss World and Miss Universe.
My email add is btundde@yahoo.com
you can check www.bellanaija.com for the African representatives
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by vicero(m): 9:41pm On Aug 21, 2010
why do we keep doing this to ourselves? lets just get out of their F'd countries, and also send them and their organizations in 9ja parking. na by force say we must dey their country. they are making profits here in our country, we are literally holding their economy together and yet they talk shit bout us, but again, even the U.S is always bad mouthed, 2 baba don talk am, if no one talks about u, then u are nobody,
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by CGKing(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2010
^^ simple! Instead of lamenting over nonsense. Its not as if God endowed the Americans with grace over everyone, yet Americans are treated like kings wherever you find them.

, well except in the extremists belts. Where they call them "Miricaaaans"

We run away from our country for selfish reasons only to go somewhere and labour like hell. . .our efforts turn out to help build those nations. We would rather suffer in the hands of host nations while building their nations than suffer in our lands building it. Wen our hands are not tied.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by zoraro(m): 11:45pm On Aug 21, 2010
olusolami:

I know many would scream and haul abuses and all kinds of unpleasant WORDS, but i have a thick skin towards. . .

Put your thick skin to some good use by admitting that you're Nigerian openly and face the consequence like your compatriots.

@Liedetect, I respect you.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by cap28: 2:07am On Aug 22, 2010
No one is going to build Nigeria for Nigerians who are practically begging boers to move to Nigeria to work the land and feed starving Nigerians. If you are hard workers as you would like to believe, why dont you work your land and feed your people. Nigerians are lazy scums who are heavily involved in crime to do anything legitimate and productive.

this is a very interesting point which i agree with, running to south africa and expecting to be treated with respect by people who have fought and died to free themselves from white racist rule is never going to work, we as a people have got to stop being cowards and learn to fight and standup to our own oppressors, theere is no point trying to fight people who do not want you in their country, they have a right to adopt the stance that they have adopted because it is their country, as the writer of that post correctly said no south african wants to live in nigeria.  To those nigerians who keep going on about how nigerians are more intelligent than black south africans (strangely they never compare themselves to the whites, just the blacks!) i say if we are so intelligent why is our country still in the deplorable state that it is in?

Your dead head of state who was kept in the specially built mogue for months while you were lied to about his condition, killed many Nigerians for their kidneys. If your doctors are so good why dont they go and save the 144 Nigerian women who die each day due to complications related to child rearing. More and more Nigerians are born overseas, some make their way to the world in a trashy way of showing their heads in airport tarmacs, leaving other passengers disgusted. We are not sharing our country with you,you have Nigeria, what makes you think SA belongs to you?. South Africans do not want Nigeria to belong to them.

again this is very interesting - I am inclined to believe that there is a lot of truth to the above statement about Yaradua.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by THEAMAKA(f): 4:17am On Aug 22, 2010
cap28:

this is a very interesting point which i agree with, running to south africa and expecting to be treated with respect by people who have fought and died to free themselves from white racist rule is never going to work, we as a people have got to stop being cowards and learn to fight and standup to our own oppressors, theere is no point trying to fight people who do not want you in their country, they have a right to adopt the stance that they have adopted because it is their country, as the writer of that post correctly said no south african wants to live in nigeria.  To those nigerians who keep going on about how nigerians are more intelligent than black south africans (strangely they never compare themselves to the whites, just the blacks!) i say if we are so intelligent why is our country still in the deplorable state that it is in?

again this is very interesting - I am inclined to believe that there is a lot of truth to the above statement about Yaradua.

its not the Nigerian people, DUH! people constantly leave every day "brain drain" i like to call it.
there are simply not enough opportunities in Nigeria, or maybe the pay would be better elsewhere, so people leave.

i still feel they have NO RIGHT to discriminate against Nigerian, ESPECIALLY THE BLACKS!
when we helped them out when they were getting their asses kicked by white people.

@LieDetect
spot on!  wink
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Engen(m): 9:01am On Aug 22, 2010
@cap28
uk

Engage your brain before you open your mouth. Ignoramus
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 22, 2010
^^^^
truth is bitter. & stop whining about the years of apartheid. nigerians are too fuckin obsesse with the past.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by cap28: 10:15am On Aug 22, 2010
THE AMAKA:

its not the Nigerian people, DUH! people constantly leave every day "brain drain" i like to call it.
there are simply not enough opportunities in Nigeria, or maybe the pay would be better elsewhere, so people leave.

i still feel they have NO RIGHT to discriminate against Nigerian, ESPECIALLY THE BLACKS!
when we helped them out when they were getting their asses kicked by white people.

@LieDetect
spot on!  wink

actually it IS the nigerian people DUH!! We are the ones who continue to tolerate these useless b.a.st.ar.ds who continue the downward spiral of our country, why havent we done what the black south africans have done and challenge this tyranny?  You can continue to bury your head in the sand as much as you like but God is not going to come down from heaven to save nigeria from tyranny, the ANC mobilised their people to resist and break the hold of the white racist minority, what have we done? run to south africa to compete for the scarce jobs, that by right should be given to the people who made the ultimate sacrifices.  

for how long are we going to live in other people's countries using the feeble excuse that the pay in our country is not as good, if it is no good why cant we fight to change things so that we no longer have to go to other countries to be humiliated like this doctor was?

You cant dictate to black south africans about discrimination when you have no say or control in their country, notice how whites STILL have more power in south africa despite being a minority, thats because they STILL control the economy of the country.  Nigerians have no say or control in South Africa and quite rightly so because it is not their country, we have our own country which we should focus on building up to become the envy of other countries of africa.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by cap28: 10:23am On Aug 22, 2010
Engen:

@cap28
uk

Engage your brain before you open your mouth. Ignoramus

I would have asked you to do the same thing but it will be virtually impossible for you to comply as you do not have a brain to start with. Dullards like you need to learn the art of listening and learning, you sound like you have not mastered any of those techniques yet.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by KnowAll(m): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2010
I think it would make more sense for Nigerians in SA to go to Igbinedion's House in SA and touch it. These are the people who put us in this sorry stage. Elections are around the corner none of those clowns parading themselves is worthy to be voted for including the incumbent. The earlier Nigerians know RIBADU is their man the better.  

A word of advise to Nigerians in SA if u are not wanted there,  pack and go, hopefully SA busineses would recipocate in kind by leaving Nigeria.  ?
??
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by cap28: 10:52am On Aug 22, 2010
I always like to put myself in other people shoes. Imagine how you would feel if you fought a vicious and bloody war against a racist oppressor for years and then after all those years of suffering and the loss of lives of loved ones, a group of blacks from another country who played a dubious role during your years of suffering started arriving in your country in huge numbers to compete for jobs, housing and other services. Would you welcome them with open arms?

I can't imagine any nigerian person welcoming a group of non nigerian blacks into nigeria to come and take up jobs, housing etc after making such huge sacrifices, therefore if you know you would not tolerate this if you were in the same position that black south africans are currently in, why condemn the black south africans for adopting a stance that we oursevles would adopt if we were in the same situation. As a matter of fact we have adopted that stance in the past towards Ghanaians.

I say to the likes of liedetect and co stop being a hypocrite and face up to reality, you can only be a king in your own country, if you think that you can go to another man's land to reap where you did not sow you are deluding yourself.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by zoraro(m): 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2010
cap28:

I always like to put myself in other people shoes.  Imagine how you would feel if you fought a vicious and bloody war against a racist oppressor for years and then after all those years of suffering and the loss of lives of loved ones, a group of blacks from another country who played a dubious role during your years of suffering started arriving in your country in huge numbers to compete for jobs, housing and other services.

Please, explain what you mean by "played a dubious role". Is providing shelter and finance to ANC during the struggle a dubious act.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by josite: 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2010
im a nigerian but is the ibo man completely at home with the hausa man.racism is every where,even between nigerians.what need be done is to isolate the cases and seek redress as the doctor has laready done.again the cafe folks has already notified callers that admission is reserved meaning they can deny entry.meaning entry is not a right.why not move on to the next cafe.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by IMMACULATO(f): 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2010
i do not blame the owner of the place Nigerians deserve everything that comes to them!!!!
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by THEAMAKA(f): 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2010
IMMACULATO:

i do not blame the owner of the place Nigerians deserve everything that comes to them!!!!
and look what the wind has blown in.
and your reason for saying that is? LOL

is this why you are frustrated? LOLOL

IMMACULATO:

Me and my boyfriend live in South Africa,he is from the Igbo tribe in Nigeria and I'm from the SADC region.He told me that he has anothergirlfriend in Nigeria when we met.He has promised to marry me,but i discoveredd that he has promised the other lady marriage also and has bought her a car. i asked him why is that he is still with her if he is not interested but he said its the fact that he loves me that matters. What should i do?
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by favouredjb(f): 7:54pm On Aug 24, 2010
@liedetect,I love ur last post,much respect
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by Chongaiman: 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2010
Having admonished myself and fellow 9jans, let me take a closer look at black SAns (and those masquerading as pseudo-Nigerians by extension). I will forever repeat that our problem with SA lies with the blacks, not the whites. I have crossed paths with a number of white SAns of similar profession. Got along well with ALL of them. If the case of the black man is pathetic, the case of the black SAn is particularly pathetic. Having spent decades engrossed in fighting and subservience to the whites, they have generally lost touch with current socio-political trends. Abacha said same to Madiba back in 1994, though he attributed Madiba's case to long period of imprisonment. Globalisation must be a strange word to them.

Was it mere coincidence that Apartheid fell about the same time with the decline of the USSR? Do they think the decline of Apartheid was solely of their own doing? Who doesn't know that ALL of SA's development was brought about by the whites? The notable things the blacks have contributed to SA include violence, rioting, civil disturbances, drinking, sexcapades (especially in high places) and the latest trend, xenophobia. The US and EU host far higher numbers of black foreigners and the world has not stood still. And they are predominantly WHITE for crying out loud. Truth is, many black SAns lack the necessary skills for economic empowerment. Fighting for freedom and guerilla warfare may bring political freedom but these alone do not make doctors, engineers, professors etc. The whites who created all the economic opportunities in the first instance, realised that the majority of black SAns were square pegs in round holes (maybe due to the extended periods of subservience and low self-esteem) and threw the doors open for professionals from the continent  in the dying days of Apartheid. I remember one of my schoolmates back in 1993 moving to SA with his parents who were academicians, both having been offered appointments in a leading SA university.

It is obvious that our black SAn brethren had at first been morbidly fascinated, then envious and finally resentful of the intrepidity, temerity and audacity of these foreigners (especially 9jans) and their ability to look at the white man in the eye without cringing or saying 'Baas'. Sure enough, the foreigners may consider themselves smarter than the black SAns they meet because they (the foreigners) have always considered themselves equals among the whites. The fact that many black SAns do not fully appreciate the extent of the contributions of other countries to their cause is indicative of their unenviable degree of smartness. The earlier they begin to realise that the problem lies in and with them and not foreigners, the better it would be for them. By the way talking of 'our country' that black SAns proudly refer to, what became of those tinpot bantustans (homelands) the whites created for them (Transkei, Bophuthatswana, Venda and Ciskei among others)? Were they not originally intended to form the basis of independent black states away from the whites? The whites who came, saw and conquered them? The whites whom the black SAns call countrymen even when the date the first Dutch settler landed in their territory is in their history books? Yet the same blacks call other Africans foreigners. Why don't they first send the whites back to Europe? They should stop the misdirected acts of aggression to other Africans from whom they are separated through artificial boundaries created by of course, the white man.

Yes, we 9jans may be fools. At least there's hope for a fool who knows he is one. Unfortunately, our black SAn brethren don't even realise that they don't know.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by buffny: 11:17pm On Oct 03, 2012
we can thank the igbos for this . cus u know aint no yoruba or hausa in south africa selling drugs.
Re: 'We Don't Allow Nigerians In Here' - Port ElizaBeth by cjrane: 1:29am On Oct 04, 2012
buffny: we can thank the igbos for this . cus u know aint no yoruba or hausa in south africa selling drugs.
I live in Bloemfontein free state , South Africa and all the gang heads and prostitution ring pimps here are Yoruba people.I mean ALL of them.Most Igbo and Edo people here are medical doctors.I want to know where you live.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

South Africa Returns Seized $15m To Nigeria / Igbo Quit Notice: We Cannot Guarantee Your Safety - Arewa Youths / Bishop P.O Evang Hosts Mr Ibu As They Declare Support For Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.