Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) (1707 Views)

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / Is It Advisable To Keep All Other "Doors" Closed When U're In A Relationship? / In A Relationship, Married Or Not… You Should Read This. Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by divines(m): 12:15am On Aug 16, 2010
When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I've got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly.

She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why?

I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn't love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company.

She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly. Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

The next day, I came back home very late and found her writing something at the table. I didn't have supper but went straight to sleep and fell asleep very fast because I was tired after an eventful day with Jane.

When I woke up, she was still there at the table writing. I just did not care so I turned over and was asleep again.

In the morning she presented her divorce conditions: she didn't want anything from me, but needed a month's notice before the divorce. She requested that in that one month we both struggle to live as normal a life as possible. Her reasons were simple: our son had his exams in a month's time and she didn't want to disrupt him with our broken marriage.

This was agreeable to me. But she had something more, she asked me to recall how I had carried her into out bridal room on our wedding day.

She requested that every day for the month's duration I carry her out of our bedroom to the front door ever morning. I thought she was going crazy. Just to make our last days together bearable I accepted her odd request.

I told Jane about my wife's divorce conditions. . She laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. No matter what tricks she applies, she has to face the divorce, she said scornfully.

My wife and I hadn't had any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. So when I carried her out on the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mommy in his arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room, then to the door, I walked over ten meters with her in my arms. She closed her eyes and said softly; don't tell our son about the divorce. I nodded, feeling somewhat upset. I put her down outside
the door. She went to wait for the bus to work. I drove alone to the office.

On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. She leaned on my chest. I could smell the fragrance of her blouse. I realized that I hadn't looked at this woman carefully for a long time. I realized she was not young any more. There were fine wrinkles on her face, her hair was graying! Our marriage had taken its toll on her. For a minute I wondered what I had done to her.

On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I felt a sense of intimacy returning. This was the woman who had given ten years of her life to me.

On the fifth and sixth day, I realized that our sense of intimacy was growing again. I didn't tell Jane about this. It became easier to carry her as the month slipped by. Perhaps the everyday workout made me stronger.

She was choosing what to wear one morning. She tried on quite a few dresses but could not find a suitable one. Then she sighed, all my dresses have grown bigger. I suddenly realized that she had grown so thin, that was the reason why I could carry her more easily.

Suddenly it hit me, she had buried so much pain and bitterness in her heart. Subconsciously I reached out and touched her head.

Our son came in at the moment and said, Dad, it's time to carry mom out. To him, seeing his father carrying his mother out had become an essential part of his life. My wife gestured to our son to come closer and hugged him tightly. I turned my face away because I was afraid I might change my mind at this last minute. I then held her in my arms, walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the hallway. Her hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I held her body tightly; it was just like our wedding day.

But her much lighter weight made me sad. On the last day, when I held her in my arms I could hardly move a step. Our son had gone to school. I held her tightly and said, I hadn't noticed that our life lacked intimacy.

I drove to office, jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the door. I was afraid any delay would make me change my mind, I walked upstairs. Jane opened the door and I said to her, Sorry, Jane, I do not want the divorce anymore.

She looked at me, astonished, and then touched my forehead. Do you have a fever? She said. I moved her hand off my head. Sorry, Jane, I said, I won't divorce. My marriage life was boring probably because she and I didn't value the details of our lives, not because we didn't love each other anymore. Now I realize that since I carried her into my home on our wedding day I am supposed to hold her until death do us apart.

Jane seemed to suddenly wake up. She gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and burst into tears. I walked downstairs and drove away.

At the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my wife. The salesgirl asked me what to write on the card. I smiled and wrote, I'll carry you out every morning until death do us apart.

That evening I arrived home, flowers in my hands, a smile on my face, I run up stairs, only to find my wife in the bed - dead.
My wife had been fighting CANCER for months and I was so busy with Jane to even notice. She knew that she would die soon and she wanted to save me from the whatever negative reaction from our son, in case we push thru with the divorce.-- At least, in the eyes of our son--- I'm a loving husband,

The small details of your lives are what really matter in a relationship. It is not the mansion, the car, property, the money in the bank. These create an environment conducive for happiness but cannot give happiness in themselves. So find time to be your spouse's friend and do those little things for each other that build intimacy. Do have a real happy marriage!

If you don't share this, nothing will happen to you.

If you do, you just might save a marriage.
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

A CHRIST-CENTERED MARRIAGE IS A MARRIAGE THAT IS SURE TO LAST A LIFETIME.

So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate. Matthew 19:6.

By Stephanie Halmilton[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 16, 2010
Can someone please summerize this. . .
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by 5p1naz(m): 12:31am On Aug 16, 2010
poster, you do waec at all. . . shey u no do summary ni ? ? ?
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by InkedNerd(f): 12:32am On Aug 16, 2010
ondo_boi:

Can someone please summerize this. . .

A man returned to his wife after he changed his mind about a divorcee. The end.
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by datruguy: 12:34am On Aug 16, 2010
Lol!! And the moral of the story is?
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by divines(m): 12:41am On Aug 16, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

You are a messiah, thank you.
5p1naz:

poster, you do waec at all. . . shey u no do summary ni ? ? ?

Lol, Am still in school, sure i did comprehension/summary, but in this juncture, for this message to be properly decoded, u just have to read all, (thanks for ur patience)

Little wonder,

Quote"IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ANYTHING AWAY FROM AN AFRICAN MAN, PUT IT DOWN IN WRITING" end of quote.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by whiteroses(f): 12:48am On Aug 16, 2010
you are a sinner, why it dey long na you nor learn english for school summary fool summary
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by InkedNerd(f): 12:48am On Aug 16, 2010
It was an interesting story wink
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 16, 2010
whiteroses:

you are a sinner, why it dey long na you nor learn english for school summary fool summary
Abeg. read that sentence urself shocked shocked shocked Does it make anysence to you?

Inked_Nerd:

Really? Abeg gist me, wetin happen
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by 5p1naz(m): 12:55am On Aug 16, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

you actually read this? ? ? even if it were my semester note i wont read this. . .
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 16, 2010
5p1naz:

you actually read this? ? ? [b]even if it were my semester note i wont read this. . .[/b]
How do u know pass. . .i guess u know ur way
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by 5p1naz(m): 1:02am On Aug 16, 2010
ondo_boi:

How do u know pass. . .i guess u know your way

who told you i was in school? ? ? i be road side mechanic o o o. . . i dey work for katangowa
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 16, 2010
^lol
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by divines(m): 1:05am On Aug 16, 2010
whiteroses:

ondo_boi:

Abeg. read that sentence urself shocked shocked shocked Does it make anysence to you?

Thank you,  Messiah number 2.
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 16, 2010
^what makes me the massiah 2?
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by divines(m): 1:27am On Aug 16, 2010
For pointing out a message that does not make sense.
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by InkedNerd(f): 1:32am On Aug 16, 2010
ondo_boi:

5p1naz:

you actually read this? ? ? even if it were my semester note i wont read this. . .

Yes I read it. I thought it was interesting. I was about a man that wanted to divorce his wife but then he had a change of heart after realizing he still loved her.
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by honeric01(m): 2:14am On Aug 16, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

in your mind, you read the one article abi? how did you arrive at this conclusion?
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by honeric01(m): 2:17am On Aug 16, 2010
No one should summarize for anyone abeg, if you feel the article is not worth reading, then don't comment and please VAMUT!!! angry angry angry

Africans with their little brains, always looking for shortcut in everything grin grin grin
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by InkedNerd(f): 2:59am On Aug 16, 2010
honeric01:

in your mind, you read the one article abi? how did you arrive at this conclusion?

Don't be silly. I read the story. You no dey tire for teasing eh?

honeric01:

No one should summarize for anyone abeg, if you feel the article is not worth reading, then don't comment and please VAMUT!!! angry angry angry

Africans with their little brains, always looking for shortcut in everything grin grin grin

Chai. SMH.
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by Smi1(m): 3:28am On Aug 16, 2010
@Poster , you have done a great job, thnx wink
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 16, 2010
yeye article,bet u made f9 for english essay writing ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2010
nice one
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by skyndyp(f): 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2010
So touching tears welled up my eyes cry cry cry Me like it
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by dreaming: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2010
Is this a true life story if it is it is what every one should learn from
I must say it is touching

shocked
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by dreaming: 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2010
Hey what is going on with you right now did you still got married to Jane and how is your son taking the death of his mother
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by fubiluv: 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2010
Wao! Did this really happen? If Yes,
Its a pathetic story and every one needs to lean a lesson from it.Especially these polygamous husbands.
May her soul rest in peace.Amen
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by honeric01(m): 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Don't be silly. I read the story. You no dey tire for teasing eh?

Chai. SMH.

You didn't read it babe, if you did you wouldn't have typed what you typed, now see what those who actually read it are saying above.

BWT, i am not always teasing, when i tease you, then be sure you have got my attention. cool
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by alrightna: 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2010
I just tired to read, Can't even imagine going back to read the message. Make him go write magazine
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by pappilo(m): 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2010
@ poster

Very good story

@ all dumb illiterates who cant read

Its never too late to learn, education is for young and old, go back to school.
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by 5p1naz(m): 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2010
pappilo:

@ poster

Very good story

@ all dumb illiterates who cant read

Its never too late to learn, education is for young and old, go back to school.

would you came to taught us at owr house? we did not knew english becaurse it was not our father's language. . . do not dare called us ellitrates again or i would plugged my charger in your a hole. . . b1tch

voulez-vous nous enseigner à nos maisons ? nous basculons parlent l'anglais parce que, son pas notre première langue. n'essayez jamais de nous appeler les analphabètes de nouveau vous le crétin.
Re: Re: If U're In A Relationship, Married Or None, Read This. (long) by donobi(m): 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2010
bros u just touch one aspect of my life now. i ill stop all the cheating i m doing to my wife now and love her more.
prevention as the say is better than cure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Discovery / Do U Hate Being A Woman? Females Only / A Married Man Needs Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.