Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Why Would You Want To Get Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would You Want To Get Married? (29292 Views)

Conjoined Twins Abby And Brittany Hensel Get Married To An Army Veteran (video) / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? / Ebi Wali: 'I May Never Get Married', Nigerians Blast Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Regiinald: 2:34pm On Feb 05, 2019
I believe people (including me) should get married only because they want to have children officially.

I don't think getting married because you want to spend the rest of your life with the person is a valid reason because that is why you are dating such person in the first place and getting married doesn't change that decision.

Why Would You Want To Get Married?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:45pm On Feb 05, 2019
Nigerians want to get married because, in Nigeria, MARRIAGE is synonymous with HAPPINESS... and sadly, many will gladly marry any donkey out there, in order to join the "happily married" bandwagon (while being truly miserable in their heart)

also most have been brainwashed into believing that their life purpose is to find a mate, marry that person and becoming "one". thats what your parents tells you you must do, thats what you religious leader tells you you must do, thats what friends and family tell you you must do....so at the end, many do believe (wrongly) that if you DONT get married, you would have failed in life

182 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by DanDeeBoss(m): 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2019
Marry?? cheesycheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
I wouldn’t.

5 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
Marriage is not for everyone!

52 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Regiinald: 6:23pm On Feb 05, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Nigerians want to get married because, in Nigeria, MARRIAGE is synonymous with HAPPINESS... and sadly, many will gladly marry any donkey out there, in order to join the "happily married" bandwagon (while being truly miserable in their heart)

also most have been brainwashed into believing that their life purpose is to find a mate, marry that person and becoming "one". thats what your parents tells you you must do, thats what you religious leader tells you you must do, thats what friends and family tell you you must do....so at the end, many do believe (wrongly) that if you DONT get married, you would have failed in life
please speak for yourself and not others.
infact you have no facts to prove what you wrote up there.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Regiinald: 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2019
MissRaine69:
I wouldn’t.
i don't.... What's your answer
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Splinz(m): 6:24pm On Feb 05, 2019
Regiinald:

smiley

Whilst sheer thoughts like having little angels run around my house shouting: 'Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!' excites me a lot, I wouldn't be a proud father of such children if I don't marry their mother.

Why? Simple. I don't wanna breed bastards. embarassed

140 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Regiinald: 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
ceeroh:
Marriage is not for everyone!
you wouldn't want to get married because marriage is not for everyone.
your answer sounds childish

14 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Starboytwo(m): 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2019
I actually thought about this today

Id really like to meet my son

9 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by marvin906(m): 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2019
Am scared of marriage.. especially with the plan of adopting am even more scared

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 05, 2019
Regiinald:
you wouldn't want to get married because marriage is not for everyone.
your answer sounds childish

As my personality isn't for everyone, so is my response. Go fvck yourself Mr. maturity.

NB: Lemme reply you because you're the OP. I wouldn't wanna get married because asides giving birth and cooking, the lady would virtually have nothing more to offer. So why the stress? Any fertile female can give birth, even mad women give birth grin.
I might even end up adopting Children and continue with my life.

For those tearing me apart, this is it:
Don't get me wrong. I know my view sounds somehow. But if you look carefully, that's what most women do these days. Even those that work don't wanna share responsibilities with their husbands... Is that not the same as just cooking and giving birth?
As for the women in my family, that's a topic for another day, I wasn't raised by one. Not a broken home, but passed away when I was very young. Pops didn't remarry, and I never really felt her absence, maybe because I don't know what it feels like to have one. There's no house chore too big for me to handle, I grew up doing all those, perfectly. So I ask myself, what do I need a woman for? Asides giving birth and cooking, most of them have nothing more to offer. That's the truth. Some are even dirty and very disorganized, I can't stand a dirty environment. Never! But if you're gonna be offering something else asides what I listed above, then let me see. But how many of them have tangible things to offer?
And as for companionship, fvck it! I'm a hardcore introvert.

169 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:44pm On Feb 05, 2019
Regiinald:
please speak for yourself and not others.
infact you have no facts to prove what you wrote up there.

if you have any FACTS to disclaim the above then state them or move alone. these above are MY views on the subject! post your damn opinion, and basta!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Regiinald: 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2019
ceeroh:

As my personality isn't for everyone, so is my response. Go fvck yourself Mr. maturity.

my response got you vexed really fast.
well, that's another attribute of a child.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2019
Regiinald:
my response got you vexed really fast. well, that's another attribute of a child.
Sorry oo.. Methuselah

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Regiinald: 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

if you have any FACTS to disclaim the above then state them or move alone. these above are MY views on the subject! post your damn opinion, and basta!
my opinhon is already there. Wow, you can't read or even prove your own words and view with facts. What a double blow... Pity...

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Regiinald: 6:51pm On Feb 05, 2019
ceeroh:

Sorry oo.. Methuselah
you are finally growing up... Apolngy accepted

6 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Regiinald: 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2019
ceeroh:

NB: Lemme reply you because you're the OP. I wouldn't wanna get married because asides giving birth and cooking, the lady would virtually have nothing more to offer. So why the stress? Any fertile female can give birth, even mad women give birth grin.
I might even end up adopting Children and continue with my life.
you dont want children from your own sperm?

7 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2019
Regiinald:
you are finally growing up... Apolngy accepted

You'll end up derailing this thread by yourself. Grow up and let people air their views.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 05, 2019
Regiinald:
you dont want children from your own sperm?
Last time I checked, it was my sperm not yours.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:02pm On Feb 05, 2019
MissRaine69:
I wouldn’t.

You sound like you don't have any hope of finding a man of your desire

5 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 7:19pm On Feb 05, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

You sound like you don't have any hope of finding a man of your desire
I have a very good man, I just don’t want to get married. Why is it such a difficult concept to fathom?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
Regiinald:
my opinhon is already there. Wow, you can't read or even prove your own words and view with facts. What a double blow... Pity...

see as you are foaming from the mouth because intelligent people have views that differ from yours...lol!

when you have intelligent points to discredit MY VIEWS, holla at me!

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by loswhite(m): 7:24pm On Feb 05, 2019
Regiinald:
I believe people (including me) should get married only because they want to have children officially.

I don't think getting married because you want to spend the rest of your life with the person is a valid reason because that is why you are dating such person in the first place and getting married doesn't change that decision.

lol... Do we have unofficial children?

16 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:25pm On Feb 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

I have a very good man, I just don’t want to get married. Why is it such a difficult concept to fathom?

Why should you not marry him if he's good, are you getting bullied by popular internet sayings?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by loswhite(m): 7:27pm On Feb 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

lol.... please allow the man to marry o, because u don't want to marry and u are keeping the good man ....lol abi u one turn am to baby papa?

8 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 7:30pm On Feb 05, 2019
loswhite:
lol.... please allow the man to marry o, because u don't want to marry and u are keeping the good man ....lol abi u one turn am to baby papa?
The thing that makes relationships work is you that find someone who shares the same ideals as you. Problem solved.
And what makes you think I want children?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 7:32pm On Feb 05, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

Why should you not marry him if he's good, are you getting bullied by popular internet sayings?
I am quite capable of standing by my beliefs without worrying or caring about what anyone else thinks or says.
Why? Because I don’t want to.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by loswhite(m): 7:35pm On Feb 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

The thing that makes relationships work is you that find someone who shares the same ideals as you. Problem solved.
And what makes you think I want children?
just communicate to him that u just want to date and nothing like marriage or kids on your agenda for life, so he can decide properly if he shares the same value with you tho. I'm getting scared of the way modern day girls think.

10 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:40pm On Feb 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

I am quite capable of standing by my beliefs without worrying or caring about what anyone else thinks or says.
Why? Because I don’t want to.

Really, have a very good man but just don't want to, too bad that innocent guy thinks differently, he has no idea he's single

8 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 8:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
loswhite:
just communicate to him that u just want to date and nothing like marriage or kids on your agenda for life, so he can decide properly if he shares the same value with you tho. I'm getting scared of the way modern day girls think.
How do you think we ended up in a relationship if we don’t have the same ideals? Or discussed these things beforehand. Not everyone just falls into relationships yoo know! Some people look for and find their others based on the overlooked aspect called compatibility.
Well be scared if your mindset is stuck in the 20th century.
You are a funny muffin!

32 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Leo Dasilva: 'Women Cheat More Than Men, But They Barely Get Caught' / "You Want Mr. Right When You Are Miss. Wrong " / Beautiful Pre-wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.