Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,835 members, 7,828,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Why Would You Want To Get Married? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would You Want To Get Married? (29375 Views)

Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? / Why I Vowed Never to get married ( A Nairalander) / Ebi Wali: 'I May Never Get Married', Nigerians Blast Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by haryothosyn93(m): 5:33am On Feb 06, 2019
Some of the people here are fake. They are not what they claim to be, and some comments too are all childish.

4 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 5:34am On Feb 06, 2019
BabbanBura:

Definitely not you, why the contacts and the photo? Aunty, with this ya terrible attitude plus this ya shapeless body, opss! I mean bag-of-beans shape, you will have hard time getting toasters see, let alone suitors. Seemed you are a case of empty barrel makes the loudest noice!
go and kill yourself grin I believe mainland bridge is not far where you live

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by princfred(m): 5:35am On Feb 06, 2019
ceeroh:

He wants to be noticed
Does dick want to be noticed? Lol thats a rhetoric question.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nature8(m): 5:37am On Feb 06, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

Really, have a very good man but just don't want to, too bad that innocent guy thinks differently, he has no idea he's single

I'm telling you bro, I pity the guy dating her
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nicoddemus(m): 5:38am On Feb 06, 2019
Debramaye:
your dlck d scratch you? .. I'm not looking for sex, I have money and I like the life I'm living, traveling anywhere by plane and I don't like clubbing let me tell you.... I'm just enjoying life, you think I'm one of those girls that can't do with being by herself? Think again fam, guys like you who think a girl should always be with a guy irritate me.. Seriously
calm down babe. No be today o. Time will still tell you. Mark ma words

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by ireneidiva(f): 5:39am On Feb 06, 2019
Regiinald:
I believe people (including me) should get married only because they want to have children officially.

I don't think getting married because you want to spend the rest of your life with the person is a valid reason because that is why you are dating such person in the first place and getting married doesn't change that decision.

Why Would You Want To Get Married?
Speak for yourself. Getting married to officially spend the rest of your life with someone is a very valid reason. Marrying to get kids is a selfish reason. Just make sure you tell your partner that is your true reason so that she will know what she is getting into. It also means if she can't have kids, you will dump her.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Bintuenyo: 5:39am On Feb 06, 2019
Because I want to born
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by SoNature(m): 5:39am On Feb 06, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Nigerians want to get married because, in Nigeria, MARRIAGE is synonymous with HAPPINESS... and sadly, many will gladly marry any donkey out there, in order to join the "happily married" bandwagon (while being truly miserable in their heart)

also most have been brainwashed into believing that their life purpose is to find a mate, marry that person and becoming "one". thats what your parents tells you you must do, thats what you religious leader tells you you must do, thats what friends and family tell you you must do....so at the end, many do believe (wrongly) that if you DONT get married, you would have failed in life

Uncle, the question is not why Nigerians want to get married. The question is: 'Why do you want to get married?' Who made u the spokesman of Nigerians?

9 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by BabbanBura(m): 5:39am On Feb 06, 2019
Debramaye:

Nope, I won't kill myself cos my life is sweet. It's you that rather needs your advise, bitterness oozes all over you! But as I doctor, I would instead want to remand you @ yabaleft for some observation and cooling off

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by ireneidiva(f): 5:41am On Feb 06, 2019
Nicoddemus:
Most people are saying they don't wanna get married. That's just a total self denial of primitive human existence. God himself in his higher wisdom made woman to be a helpmate to the man and for companionship with the understanding of the critical needs and basic desire of the man he created. Yet some on nairaland derives pleasure trying to subvert natural Principe. Anywhere na forming sha. If you have met the wrong person or encountered difficulties in your life don't let is twist your understanding of marriage and why you should get married. As for me i believe in love....( calm down am not naive). I want to love and be loved. Companionship. And to groom healthy children.
Stop pushing your beliefs down peoples throats. That forming talk is irritating. Some people will not marry still, they will just have kids.

5 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by flyca: 5:42am On Feb 06, 2019
BabbanBura:

[s]Definitely not you, why the contacts and the photo? Aunty, with this ya terrible attitude plus this ya shapeless body, opss! I mean bag-of-beans shape, you will have hard time getting toasters see, let alone suitors. Seemed you are a case of empty barrel makes the loudest noice![/s]
Why body-shame her? Why? You are not even bold enough to put up your own picture on your DP. SMH. She told you what she wants, no crime in that. Say what you want too and move on, stop throwing tantrums around.

People five times her size and uglier are getting married everyday. It's not by looks, bra!

21 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by princfred(m): 5:42am On Feb 06, 2019
crafteck:

So you still take that definition of bastard seriously, many married men are breeding kids of other men, country should force paternity test and see families destroyed
Lol why would any reasonable country do that?
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Bet9jatips46: 5:43am On Feb 06, 2019
SEE BELOW

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by ireneidiva(f): 5:45am On Feb 06, 2019
ceeroh:

As my personality isn't for everyone, so is my response. Go fvck yourself Mr. maturity.

NB: Lemme reply you because you're the OP. I wouldn't wanna get married because asides giving birth and cooking, the lady would virtually have nothing more to offer. So why the stress? Any fertile female can give birth, even mad women give birth grin.
I might even end up adopting Children and continue with my life.
You mean the married women in your family and around you just cook and give birth? Wow. You need to change your location.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by princfred(m): 5:47am On Feb 06, 2019
missyblissy:

Come on!!! Dont use one bad experience to judge all Nigerian men. Yes, i agree most of them are write offs but there good Nigerian men out there. Its like searching for a grain of rice inside a bag of beans.

What do you mean by write offs?

Step forward: What do you have to offer apart from you know......mmm
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nicoddemus(m): 5:51am On Feb 06, 2019
ireneidiva:

Stop pushing your beliefs down peoples throats. That forming talk is irritating. Some people will not marry still, they will just have kids.
yea times are hard financially and morally so some will still not marry. But don't say it again im forcing my belief on people, im just saying the undeniable truth and you know. From ur point of view imagine what the world will be like if everyone choose not to get married and every kid is raised by single parent

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by ZaOzaRoom(m): 5:52am On Feb 06, 2019
ceeroh:

As my personality isn't for everyone, so is my response. Go fvck yourself Mr. maturity.

NB: Lemme reply you because you're the OP. I wouldn't wanna get married because asides giving birth and cooking, the lady would virtually have nothing more to offer. So why the stress? Any fertile female can give birth, even mad women give birth grin.
I might even end up adopting Children and continue with my life.

Just say it:
You have a low sperm count and you are a bitter soul

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by jaxxy(m): 5:52am On Feb 06, 2019
I think marriage is the most beautiful thing when done/shared with the right person. However it’s not compulsory if certain minimum criteria aren’t met. It’s better to be single than marrying the wrong person. Marriage should take both parties forward and not backwards. That’s the kind of marriage I believe in.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by trustworthy1(f): 5:58am On Feb 06, 2019
Daeylar:

Where?
In this modern age where many women work and share the cost of rent, food, clothing? This age where men keep screaming that they can't marry liabilities and they want independent women who work and have their own money? Or is it another time?
How many men foot all the bills in the home?

Let me remind you of some benefits to the man

-1)A live in maid for free. (after all. "I'm Male. Head of house. It's a woman's job to build and take care of her home. )
-2)Live in cook. For free. (Hot meals set and ready at all meal times. Woman's job.)
-3)Live in all time baby sitter for free. (It's a woman's job to care for the kids. )
-4)Live in housekeeper for free.( Once again woman's job)
-5) And after all that, Someone to split the rent and someone to split payment of bills with. (This is when they remember that it is modern times. Something you're conveniently ignoring.)

-6) For extremely lazy yet wicked and entitled men.
It gives them another person's salary that they can sequestrate and they feel entitled to, A salary they didn't earn.

Since we want to show bias.
You really tried it with your post.
True talk. Most women does virtually all d house chores at home including going to d market and buying things. Some even wash and iron d clothes of their husbands. what of taking care of the children. infact the work of women at home are endless. Some women also go to work and earn money for the family including all the domestic chores at home. Some women take their baby along to their working places.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Michaelite: 5:58am On Feb 06, 2019
I just have pity on those that will experience loneliness on the long run, they don't know what is family. These are the kind of people that will get married in their 40s and leave the kids with tears when they die. Train your kids, don't be selfish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by handsomeyitayo(m): 6:11am On Feb 06, 2019
Debramaye:
piglet
ohhh Deborah .. what that naah... piglet as in..

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by handsomeyitayo(m): 6:13am On Feb 06, 2019
Debramaye:
aunty Deborah ..ahhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhh ..why ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by JimD(m): 6:24am On Feb 06, 2019
The problem is the trouble young men have in finding steady, paying jobs. Hence they become too dependent on fapping rather than dating. Marriage is sweet once you find the right one.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Hoodbilonia: 6:26am On Feb 06, 2019
Not to a greedy nigerian lady
Na na na

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Hoodbilonia: 6:26am On Feb 06, 2019
What a damn shame
Edegbasamson:
See below
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Judybash93(m): 6:31am On Feb 06, 2019
I'll like to get married because i think i can achieve more with a woman who's willing to support and put my ass on the right track and vice versa!!!

7 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by zinaunreal(m): 6:33am On Feb 06, 2019
Regiinald:
you wouldn't want to get married because marriage is not for everyone.
your answer sounds childish

See how stupid your washed and dried brain is

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by zinaunreal(m): 6:34am On Feb 06, 2019
Michaelite:
I just have pity on those that will experience loneliness on the long run, they don't know what is family. These are the kind of people that will get married in their 40s and leave the kids with tears when they die. Train your kids, don't be selfish.
Marriage and having kids are not thesame mr
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 06, 2019
ireneidiva:

You mean the married women in your family and around you just cook and give birth? Wow. You need to change your location.

Don't get me wrong. I know my view sounds somehow. But if you look carefully, that's what most women do these days. Even those that work don't wanna share responsibilities with their husbands... Is that not the same as just cooking and giving birth?

As for the women in my family, that's a topic for another day, I wasn't raised by one. Not a broken home, but passed away when I was very young. Pops didn't remarry, and I never really felt her absence, maybe because I don't know what it feels like to have one. There's no house chore too big for me to handle, I grew up doing all those, perfectly. So I ask myself, what do I need a woman for? Asides giving birth and cooking, most of them have nothing more to offer. That's the truth. Some are even dirty and very disorganized, I can't stand a dirty environment. Never! But if you're gonna be offering something else asides what I listed above, then let me see. But how many of them have tangible things to offer?

5 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MrHighSea: 6:40am On Feb 06, 2019
ireneidiva:

Speak for yourself. Getting married to officially spend the rest of your life with someone is a very valid reason. Marrying to get kids is a selfish reason. Just make sure you tell your partner that is your true reason so that she will know what she is getting into. It also means if she can't have kids, you will dump her.
God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by papyskinsy: 6:41am On Feb 06, 2019
some people get married to avoid fornication grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See What The Woman I Want To Marry Is Doing To Me Cuz Of House / 10 Mistakes Women Make With Men / Funaab Finalists Celebrates Denim Day In Styles (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.