Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Why Would You Want To Get Married? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would You Want To Get Married? (29355 Views)

Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? / Why I Vowed Never to get married ( A Nairalander) / Ebi Wali: 'I May Never Get Married', Nigerians Blast Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 8:13pm On Feb 05, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

Really, have a very good man but just don't want to, too bad that innocent guy thinks differently, he has no idea he's single
So you think we have not agreed and discussed matters before hand?
Not sure how relationships work in your books but in my book communication helps tremendously! You communicate, agree and you live life don’t see how that’s difficult to comprehend.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

So you think we have not agreed and discussed matters before hand?
Not sure how relationships work in your books but in my book communication helps tremendously! You communicate, agree and you live life don’t see how that’s difficult to comprehend.

So he even does know, na wa o, maybe he's using you to satisfy his sexual desire because I don't know the kinda guy that takes such, better think it through

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by loswhite(m): 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

How do you think we ended up in a relationship if we don’t have the same ideals? Or discussed these things beforehand. Not everyone just falls into relationships yoo know! Some people look for and find their others based on the overlooked aspect called compatibility.
Well be scared if your mindset is stuck in the 20th century.
You are a funny muffin!
lol.. I love 20th century... at least we are not modern day roboot

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by freethinker01: 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2019
I've actually given this a prolonged thought and I don't think I'll ever get married. On the one hand, I'm very scared of having my children experience broken home and on the other, I'd rather raise my children alone than let them experience a broken home so I'm thinking of having kids through surrogacy and adopting one.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 10:07pm On Feb 05, 2019
Tajbol4splend:

So he even does know, na wa o, maybe he's using you to satisfy his sexual desire because I don't know the kinda guy that takes such, better think it through
I am content with our situation.
Thank you for your concern.

20 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2019
loswhite:
lol.. I love 20th century... at least we are not modern day roboot
You are the robot. I make my own rules.

6 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by loswhite(m): 10:13pm On Feb 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

You are the robot. I make my own rules.
That's the problem...smh. You need to do some reprogramming coz this version of your robotics is terrible... Gud9t

9 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by lilmax(m): 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
why is the op acting like a dick?

23 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 05, 2019
lilmax:
He wants to be noticed

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 05, 2019
lilmax:
He wants to be noticed

6 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 11:18pm On Feb 05, 2019
loswhite:
That's the problem...smh. You need to do some reprogramming coz this version of your robotics is terrible... Gud9t
Just because I don’t subscribe to how you see life does not mean I have less then a life then you, that’s just absurd and archaic thinking. You and I are a different type of people. People like me exist in abundance. Why I would want to spend this one life I have trying to prentend to fit in, please others or conform and be unhappy is an utter waste of life in general.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by ibkayee(f): 11:18pm On Feb 05, 2019
So I can take his money

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:45pm On Feb 05, 2019
I don't think I'll marry. Nigerian men are seriously write-offs!

10 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by CaptainMitch: 11:45pm On Feb 05, 2019
To make sure my surname doesn't die.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by IamPlato(m): 11:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
I don't think I'll marry. Nigerian men are seriously write-offs!
Give Yourself A Break young Lady... Who Is The Crush That Broke You This Bad? Talk To Me Privately let Me Help You

5 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:58pm On Feb 05, 2019
IamPlato:
Give Yourself A Break young Lady... Who Is The Crush That Broke You This Bad? Talk To Me Privately let Me Help You

Where's the heart to even break? I'm cool hommie!

10 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by IamPlato(m): 12:03am On Feb 06, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Where's the heart to even break? I'm cool hommie!
oya read that post again and judge yourself... witch or vampire which one are you undecided

If You Are In Love thats Exactly What You Will Say. Just Dont Go And Fall For The Wrong Guy sha

4 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by IamPlato(m): 12:08am On Feb 06, 2019
Marriage Is A Beautiful Thing... I Already Have A Vision For My Extra Ordinary Type of Wedding... One Like No Other, will Be Happening At Mid Night Of The New Year in A Beautiful Private Elite Party... More Like A Gift For The Woman Who Fought Beside Me Through The Times

But You Know What? These Days I Am Beginnin To Change My Mind because women Only Want You Rich First.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by InansBobo(m): 12:20am On Feb 06, 2019
1. So I can fulfil the scriptures
2. So my village people don't say I am a Ritualist (possess blood money)
3. So my village people don't say I'm having issues
4. Joy of fatherhood and husbandhood
5. My opinion, my life, my business

6 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:28am On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

I am content with our situation.
Thank you for your concern.

Well I'm not concerned, just saying

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:30am On Feb 06, 2019
ibkayee:
So I can take his money

onye ochi

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by nairalee(m): 1:18am On Feb 06, 2019
I ask myself this question every other day. If I get married today it'd be to satisfy my mother.

1) I'm perfectly happy in my current unmarried state
2) I do WHATEVER I want without explanation to ANYBODY
3) I don't worry about keeping late nights cos when I'm late I can just sleep over at a friend's place without wondering if my wife will suspect foul play
4) Having Variety Sex
5) No unnecessary affiliations (wife's parents, families, friends, neighbors, pastors, acquaintances) it's too cumbersome
6) Maybe it's just me but I noticed married people automatically look older?
7) Cost of marriage in Nigeria sef is enough to start a small scale business
cool It's more expensive keeping a married life than a single life
9) Problems of alimony, compensation etc when the marriage goes sour (case in point Jeff Bezos)
10) Too numerous to mention

Might sound childish but marriage makes no sense to me except for 1 reason

Why Marry?
1) To raise up a child in a conventional family home

I don't still know why society and family can't just let one be!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by SheCool(f): 1:20am On Feb 06, 2019
I wanna get married cause I want kids, and I need my kids to have a father, and also the joy it could bring marrying the right man. smiley

14 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by nairalee(m): 1:29am On Feb 06, 2019
SheCool:
I wanna get married cause I want kids, and I need my kids to have a father, and also the joy it could bring marrying the right man. smiley

1) You don't need to get married to have kids
2) You don't need to get married for your kids to have a father
3) You don't need to get married to find the right man. Statistically speaking women feel they've found the right man till they get married.

So why ruin all the joy wit marriage??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MarianaTrench: 1:31am On Feb 06, 2019
ceeroh:
Marriage is not for everyone!

I wish most Nigerians would realize and accept that!

18 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Quorax: 1:32am On Feb 06, 2019
Regiinald:
please speak for yourself and not others.
infact you have no facts to prove what you wrote up there.
he is right. Most of you think Marriage is an achievement, you breed like rat, hence we have over 200M people, many of these are from families with little resources.

25 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:32am On Feb 06, 2019
SheCool:
this babe like simple life..how fa ma.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by shogsman(m): 1:33am On Feb 06, 2019
Nope a baby mama will do, just need the kids.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by nairalee(m): 1:34am On Feb 06, 2019
InansBobo:
1. So I can fulfil the scriptures
2. So my village people don't say I am a Ritualist (possess blood money)
3. So my village people don't say I'm having issues
4. Joy of fatherhood and husbandhood
5. My opinion, my life, my business

Hilarious! You're actually concerned about ur village people's opinion of u

13 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by nairalee(m): 1:35am On Feb 06, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
Nigerians want to get married because, in Nigeria, MARRIAGE is synonymous with HAPPINESS... and sadly, many will gladly marry any donkey out there, in order to join the "happily married" bandwagon (while being truly miserable in their heart)

also most have been brainwashed into believing that their life purpose is to find a mate, marry that person and becoming "one". thats what your parents tells you you must do, thats what you religious leader tells you you must do, thats what friends and family tell you you must do....so at the end, many do believe (wrongly) that if you DONT get married, you would have failed in life

This is very true of most Nigerians. They won't admit but it's written boldly in their subconscious

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by pacespot(m): 1:48am On Feb 06, 2019
Marriage is a scam, I don't know if I will ever get married, though based on the people I am seeing in this country, maybe if I am out of this country.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Daeylar(f): 1:54am On Feb 06, 2019
I don't even know.
The only reason I can find is that's the way things are done. Everyone else gets married and wants to get married. So why not you.
And maybe for the legal benefits. I don't even know what they are though.

Someone once asked this question on twitter and I think it made FP here. What are the benefits of marriage, especially to women.

I have a very strong reason why I wouldn't want to get married though.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Tattoos Her Boyfriend's Name On Her Hand / The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi / Dad Cries As He Gives His Daughter Away On Her Traditional Wedding Day(vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.