Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Why Would You Want To Get Married? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would You Want To Get Married? (29369 Views)

Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? / Why I Vowed Never to get married ( A Nairalander) / Ebi Wali: 'I May Never Get Married', Nigerians Blast Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Charlieabc(m): 11:38am On Feb 06, 2019
[url][/url][/color]my opinion on marriage...
By all means, get married, if you find the right one, you've received a favor from the lord. Mind you, marriage isn't the standard to a fulfilling /fulfilled life. [color=#006600]
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by drmikeadams(m): 11:39am On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=IamPlato post=75466880] Not All Women Are Money Conscious but It Takes Patience, Faith And Focus For A woman To Stay With A Man Till He Meets Success[/quote grin grin grin grin no whine urself..they only pretend not to be money conscious grin

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by InansBobo(m): 11:51am On Feb 06, 2019
oochi123:
.Hahahaha. scared of your village pple right? I guess you are idoma too? Inasbobo is what we call my nephew and inalegwu is my dad's name.. They will surely question you.
lol, you're right
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by InansBobo(m): 11:52am On Feb 06, 2019
CodeTemplar:

lol... that number 2 though, how is blood ritual for money connected to marriage?
funny but that's just how it here(especially if u don't have a child also); they think you used your "manness" to get money. Marriage ='Responsibleness' here. It baffles me! Their mentality sha cheesy
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Ugosample(m): 11:59am On Feb 06, 2019
mhisbliss:
It all boils down to our societal values, norms and what people would think and say about you if you aren't married, especially if you're a girl, why pop out a baby or two or three for a man without him putting the ring on it and not expecting people to think you're a shameless baby factory who is just cohabiting with an unserious man who loves getting you pregnant?

So beneath all this "I don't care what people think about me" mantra everyone chants, is an insecure and timid person wishing he or she is really about that, lastly marriage gives you a kind of leverage, because in the face of society, you're legal and as a legal partner you kinda have a say when someone is in your turf, and you sometimes get compensation when it hit the rocks, example jeff bezos and his ex wife.

societal value my black arse undecided

all these right wing conservatives sef

4 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by InansBobo(m): 11:59am On Feb 06, 2019
nairalee:

Hilarious! You're actually concerned about ur village people's opinion of u
not really. That's an inconsequential excuse.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Kendrick80(m): 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2019
Esdb3:
Can't get married because it is morally wrong and selfish to have kids. You and your wife are the ones who wants a baby. Does the baby want you?
I guess the parents gotta work hard/prove themselves worthy...what do feel?
U remind me of Phil 102/104 classes back in skool smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Curvinus(m): 12:13pm On Feb 06, 2019
This marriage issue is really complicated. As a man, sometimes, you find the one that you have always wanted with good looks, good character, prospect of a good job or even working, but then all of a sudden, you feel trapped or you lose interest in this so called one.

You wonder why you are depressed and miserable, despite the prospect of having good looking children and a woman that is ready to do house chores and still meet you halfway in the Oza room. This leaves one to wonder if man and woman are really meant to live together as husband and wife.

Personally, I do not believe a man or woman should discard the possibility of experiencing love with diverse people in order to stick with one person and raise children. I have cohabited with several women and I can say boldly that it's either you get tired of the union someday or they will walk out on you to find fresh air. It's just human nature. Marriage/cohabitation is tiresome, boring, unnatural and a sure way of sinking one into misery and depression.

My belief is that the mind should be open to the prospect of endless possibilities and not be limited by a mere piece of paper that is designed for the sake of fostering civilisation and society not minding that the participants may be disgruntled.

I would rather take a back seat and enjoy what life has got to offer than lumber myself with a woman, a woman's problem and children. people say loneliness will hit you at old age but I doubt there will much be fewer single adult men and women in the next few years to keep one really isolated. The times are changing and more single men mean more single women as well. We'll see.

9 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by krushdripper(m): 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
Quite the read
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 06, 2019
ceeroh:

As my personality isn't for everyone, so is my response. Go fvck yourself Mr. maturity.

NB: Lemme reply you because you're the OP. I wouldn't wanna get married because asides giving birth and cooking, the lady would virtually have nothing more to offer. So why the stress? Any fertile female can give birth, even mad women give birth grin.
I might even end up adopting Children and continue with my life.

For those tearing me apart, this is it:
Don't get me wrong. I know my view sounds somehow. But if you look carefully, that's what most women do these days. Even those that work don't wanna share responsibilities with their husbands... Is that not the same as just cooking and giving birth?
As for the women in my family, that's a topic for another day, I wasn't raised by one. Not a broken home, but passed away when I was very young. Pops didn't remarry, and I never really felt her absence, maybe because I don't know what it feels like to have one. There's no house chore too big for me to handle, I grew up doing all those, perfectly. So I ask myself, what do I need a woman for? Asides giving birth and cooking, most of them have nothing more to offer. That's the truth. Some are even dirty and very disorganized, I can't stand a dirty environment. Never! But if you're gonna be offering something else asides what I listed above, then let me see. But how many of them have tangible things to offer?
And as for companionship, fvck it! I'm a hardcore introvert.
Asides everything you mentioned above, a woman can show you true love. Honestly, I think you need it. Your view about marriage is totally wrong, it's not just about being with someone who has something to 'offer', who'd give you children and clean your house and share responsibilities, it's about being with the person you love the most for the rest of your life. You don't have to marry if you don't wish to, but everybody deserves love.

Plus: you should try and stop saying women have nothing to offer, you don't want to be that kind of man.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 06, 2019
InansBobo:
1. So I can fulfil the scriptures 2. So my village people don't say I am a Ritualist (possess blood money) 3. So my village people don't say I'm having issues 4. Joy of fatherhood and husbandhood 5. My opinion, my life, my business
Lol
numbers one, two, three though.
You really care what people think about you.
And to fulfill the scriptures? OMG.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Rozaytee: 12:56pm On Feb 06, 2019
freethinker01:
I've actually given this a prolonged thought and I don't think I'll ever get married. On the one hand, I'm very scared of having my children experience broken home and on the other, I'd rather raise my children alone than let them experience a broken home so I'm thinking of having kids through surrogacy and adopting one.
onfused nigga
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Ugosample(m): 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2019
haryothosyn93:
Some of the people here are fake. They are not what they claim to be, and some comments too are all childish.

Not in all cases

There is a paradigm shift in how younger Nigerians think and in the coming decades, marriage will increasingly become obsolete.

Sad but that is the truth

if not for "societal" And "family" pressure which is losing its grip over the younger Nigerians, marriage would have declined much more than it has

that's just the truth

except you are still living in the conservative bubble

9 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by DMerciful(m): 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2019
kill youself undecided
Evangkatsoulis:

If humans go extinct wetin happen?
Many lifeforms have come and gone.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by DMerciful(m): 1:03pm On Feb 06, 2019
You will get married....you are just bragging now!
MissRaine69:

What a redundant argument! So why do couples who have been married for decades with children get divorced? Are the children not a reason to stay together?
Children either make matters worse or help a relationship how you feel about each other is what sustains it long term not having kids.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 1:15pm On Feb 06, 2019
surveyProf:

Please proof me wrong!
I don’t need to prove you wrong or convince you in anyway shape or form. What I need to do is let you be.
Your way of thinking and the way I think are like two parallel lines, we will never cross paths so why do I have to prove anything to you? Finally your views are just that views.
Have a good day.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 1:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
DMerciful:
You will get married....you are just bragging now!
I won’t and this is not a definition of bragging. It’s called stating a point of view.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by cooluzi: 1:33pm On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

There is a whole different world outside Nigeria. A world which thinks differently, has different priorities and is not concerned or set on an archiac way of viewing women. I live in that world, not yours.
what u wrote doesnt matter I can bet you are still gonna get married
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Ozkar: 1:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
chiefqueen:

Asides everything you mentioned above, a woman can show you true love. Honestly, I think you need it. Your view about marriage is totally wrong, it's not just about being with someone who has something to 'offer', who'd give you children and clean your house and share responsibilities, it's about being with the person you love the most for the rest of your life. You don't have to marry if you don't wish to, but everybody deserves love.

Plus: you should try and stop saying women have nothing to offer, you don't want to be that kind of man.
please what do you mean by 'true love', and how is it shown?
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
The idea is not to impose your believes and values on others..especially if it is flawed.

If you want to get married for whatever reason, do so and shut up

If you want to be single, do so and shut up

If you want to be a sperm bank/baby mama, do so and shut up.

just don't venture in deceit.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Toseenlove: 1:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
Bintuenyo:
Because I want to born
Cc: GrammarNazi1 lol.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by BabbanBura(m): 1:45pm On Feb 06, 2019
flyca:
Why body-shame her? Why? You are not even bold enough to put up your own picture on your DP. SMH. She told you what she wants, no crime in that. Say what you want too and move on, stop throwing tantrums around.

People five times her size and uglier are getting married everyday. It's not by looks, bra!

Yea Sir Mr PA to her highness!

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by princfred(m): 1:47pm On Feb 06, 2019
crafteck:

You gallantly missed the point sir.
Sir, Willfully, i did, for fun. grin
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by princfred(m): 1:49pm On Feb 06, 2019
missyblissy:

Wrong quote bros angry

I didnt say they are. I was replying someone's post
Ok, Ma.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ozkar:
please what do you mean by 'true love', and how is it shown?
I'd say it's by caring about someone's emotional and physical needs, being there when they need you, being someone that they can trust, being someone they at willing to do anything for. Nothing about making babies and doing house chores.
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2019
cooluzi:
what u wrote doesnt matter I can bet you are still gonna get married
It’s at this point that one realises brick walls are not worth headbutting.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Ozkar: 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2019
chiefqueen:

I'd say it's by caring about someone's emotional and physical needs, being there when they need you, being someone that they can trust, being someone they at willing to do anything for. Nothing about making babies and doing house chores.
so does this 'true love' exist only in marriage?

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by ubunja(m): 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

It’s at this point that one realises brick walls are not worth headbutting.
women:
16-21: I'm too young to marry
21-28: I'm persuing my career
28-35: marriage is a choice
35-death: where are the good men??
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by surveyProf(m): 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

I don’t need to prove you wrong or convince you in anyway shape or form. What I need to do is let you be.
Your way of thinking and the way I think are like two parallel lines, we will never cross paths so why do I have to prove anything to you? Finally your views are just that views.
Have a good day.

Then I won grin
Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

The thing that makes relationships work is you that find someone who shares the same ideals as you. Problem solved.
And what makes you think I want children?
Never thought I'd meet a female(Nigerian) online or offline, who shares the same ideology as me.

This makes me feel cool, really. smiley

Hello there! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 3:01pm On Feb 06, 2019
ubunja:
women:
16-21: I'm too young to marry
21-28: I'm persuing my career
28-35: marriage is a choice
35-death: where are the good men??
You have regressed, what a shame.

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Want To Get Married? by MissRaine69(f): 3:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
surveyProf:

Then I won grin
You cannot compete with me, challenge yes, but compete no. So there is nothing to win if we were not competing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Bridesmaid Falls While Challenging A Man To Zanku Dance At A Wedding (Video) / See What The Woman I Want To Marry Is Doing To Me Cuz Of House / 10 Mistakes Women Make With Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.