Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,486 members, 7,770,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1573432 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by akshar: 12:26am On Aug 27, 2007
Well, some pictures are good BUT reality is different.

Life threatning, no law and order situation, tons harassement of people of Indian origin living in Kenya.

You can't even walk freely. You remain in anxiety when you live there

So, pictures and nairobi looks good from far, and good luck to those who think it is a heaven!( sire it is when you are robbed on gun point or killed by a Kenyan - sure its a easy way to go to heaven, juts live in Kenya!
undecided
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 1:45am On Aug 27, 2007
@ ashkar. Well its sad that u feel unsafe in nai, but realy every big city has its own share of insecurity, And i am yet to hear of crime specifically targeted at indians. What i know is that it is totaly safe to walk in the city, very little crime if any in the cbd. Also most buildings are black, designed and owned, not placed by the white man as one claimed
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ndipe(m): 6:11am On Aug 27, 2007
Crime is synonymous with life in the big city. And getting killed is no sure route to getting to Heaven. Without Christ in one's life, no guarantee of heaven for deceased.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ropie(m): 8:01am On Aug 27, 2007
@ashkar: Kenya is the most peaceful country in Africa, Nairobi is very safe esp. CBD where there is 24hr police patrol. No crime targeted @ Indians, there is no racial discrimination as u claimed in Kenya. All pple are equal. There are hundreds of Nigerians living in Nairobi. This city is home millions of pple from all over the world. It is not only confined Kenyans.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Christino(m): 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2007
The City Centre, Jomo Kenyatta Av, the Asian Village Market, the Yaya and Sarit Centres, the Hotels, The Canivore, the Fish, Snake and Art Museum, The Uchumi and Nakumatt Shopping malls are very beautiful places, but what about Kawangware? No pictures? Ajegunle? What about pictures from the few universities therein? None? And security? Even worse!

Journalism, bias as usual. Kenya is beautiful, Nairobi and Mombasa, but the most beautiful places in kenya are the tea plantations, the parks and the landscapes.

Karibu y'all.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by SinginChic: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2007
Ropie, I can see from your replies to myself and akshar that you are, and rightly so, a patriotic Kenyan. As for Kenyans owning the tallest buildings, I stand corrected. Could you advise me whether it was also Kenyan contractors who carried out the building work? And the investments - are they all Kenyan too?  The Hilton Tower is non-African owned. Is there a Sheraton? If not, there soon will be. And it will probably be taller than the Hilton! Tell me, how many McDonald's restaurants are there in Nairobi? McDonald's is the first sign of Western colonisation in any non-Western country. This is a fact, confirmed by American citizens, like Michael Moore.

With all due respect, you cannot possibly say that there is no discrimination and no problems in Kenya. It is only when people like akshar have experienced the discrimination that they can talk about it. Kenya is no different to any other country. ALL have problems. ALL have discrimination of some sort.

It's like saying there's no racism in England or America! Ask a victim of racism in those countries!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Tsimba(m): 2:20pm On Aug 29, 2007
Singin Chic thanks so much for your remark. Well i categorical say that most of the companies who are in the constructions industry re indigenious and they are coming out very strongly. We dont have Sheraton or Macdonald, the reason being we have local chains for instance kengeles, kenchick and many other who are very strong brands and they locally owned. There are also very strong chains of hotels owned by indegenious people for instance alliance hotels which are highly rated hotes again, Problems are definitely there, Africa is moving to the next level,
SinginChic:

Ropie, I can see from your replies to myself and akshar that you are, and rightly so, a patriotic Kenyan. As for Kenyans owning the tallest buildings, I stand corrected. Could you advise me whether it was also Kenyan contractors who carried out the building work? And the investments - are they all Kenyan too? The Hilton Tower is non-African owned. Is there a Sheraton? If not, there soon will be. And it will probably be taller than the Hilton! Tell me, how many McDonald's restaurants are there in Nairobi? McDonald's is the first sign of Western colonisation in any non-Western country. This is a fact, confirmed by American citizens, like Michael Moore.

With all due respect, you cannot possibly say that there is no discrimination and no problems in Kenya. It is only when people like akshar have experienced the discrimination that they can talk about it. Kenya is no different to any other country. ALL have problems. ALL have discrimination of some sort.

It's like saying there's no racism in England or America! Ask a victim of racism in those countries!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ropie(m): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2007
SinginChic:

Ropie, I can see from your replies to myself and akshar that you are, and rightly so, a patriotic Kenyan. As for Kenyans owning the tallest buildings, I stand corrected. Could you advise me whether it was also Kenyan contractors who carried out the building work? And the investments - are they all Kenyan too? The Hilton Tower is non-African owned. Is there a Sheraton? If not, there soon will be. And it will probably be taller than the Hilton! Tell me, how many McDonald's restaurants are there in Nairobi? McDonald's is the first sign of Western colonisation in any non-Western country. This is a fact, confirmed by American citizens, like Michael Moore.

Nairobi city buildings are owned, were designed and constructed by Kenyans. Times Tower one of Africa's top ten tallest buildings was designed and constructed by Kenyan owned companies, from architects to civil engineers they are the local boyz and women.

There is no Mcdonalds or Sheraton in Kenya. We have local restaurants like Kengeles, Kenchic-the popular chicken restaurant in Kenya on every street in Nairobi and Java House for the best hot cup of coffee.

Politically, Kenyans enjoys the most freedom of expression in Africa. A cabinet minister can say anything against the president n nothing can b done to him/her neither can he/she b sacked. Furthermore, UN bodies prefer to employ Kenyans. Currently, there are 700,000 Kenyans working for the UN bodies only second to the US. These Kenyans contribute to over 350 million dollars to Kenya's economy annually.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by billachia: 8:51pm On Aug 30, 2007
My issue with the west’s portrayal of Kenya and Africa in general, is the inability of western reporters to show the duality of African economies. What we see almost daily on TV, is the great poverty that ravages the continent. Kenya has an immense portion of its population living in poverty, but it also has a segment of its people living better than people in the West. I really appreciate the photos of Kenya posted on this website because it shows a side of Kenya we do not get to see much of. Its good to see that the city of Nairobi has infrastructure that parallels those in any major European or American city. This could even have the effect of encouraging investors to view Africa as an untapped gem, which has the necessary factors needed to prosper – Infrastructure, An educated population, Political Stability, etc.

I hear these talks of insecurity in Kenya. I lived in Nairobi most of my adult life before moving to the US. Insecurity is an issue – but to the extent that one chooses to make it a barrier from letting one enjoy the “goodness of the land”. There are sections of the city that I would not recommend any tourist to go to – I would not even go there myself! But come to think of it, I live in Chicago, and I dread each time I have to drive through certain neighborhoods on the south side. Does that stop me from living there? No.

To the people who have never experienced Kenya, let me tell you what my experience of Kenya is. Kenya is not just about famous runners or wildlife or insecurity or slum areas or whatever myopic images CNN or other media place in our minds. For one to truly enjoy Kenya, one has to get to know the people. Kenyans are the most peace loving people you would ever get to meet. They are also some of the best educated I have ever met. Why that has not translated into greater economic prosperity lies in the hands of our politicians. So I challenge all those who think that we are defined by what foreign investors have put up to take this simple challenge – Visit Nairobi, Visit Mombasa, Visit the rural populations of the Rift Vally and Western/Nyanza Regions. Come back, post your opinions and we will talk.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by walenchy11: 9:30pm On Aug 30, 2007
Book your US visa appointment for just N15,000 within 1 week. Leave your information now pay when we secure appointment for you. Above price is negotiable if you are booking more than 3 appointment. Mail me if you are interested at olofintuade@gmail.com.

For Nigerians only
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by knyboy: 9:52pm On Aug 30, 2007
NAIROBI Is just beginning to emerge. The whole country is very bullish economically. The best is yet to come.

The Government is planning 3 major resort cities that cater solely for tourist attractions, something akin to Sun City South Africa, or Vegas.

The company that manage/own the KICC Building are planning a MASSIVE expansion that will cost kshs 17 billion to build an expand the KICC to a fully fledged international conference complex, that will house a seven star hotel, malls, restaurants, helipads( for shuttling btween the airport and the center), churches, mosques, etc.

The Plans have already been submitted to the authorities for approval.

By early 2009, all the kenyan districts will be connected/wired via fiberoptic cable, thereby making kenya the african country with the highest amount of broadband penetration. Actually a big portion of the country is already internally wired, all that's pending is the building of the external fiber optic cable that will connect kenya to the outside world, and that i t an advanced stage.

The Port of Mombasa is operating 24/7 and by 2009 it will a paperless port, everything will be computerised.

Right now, no doubt kenya is at an increasing economic trajectory and this will go on because of the policies the govt is setting. Y'all must understand that it was not always this way. But Since the change of leadership in 2002, the new govt proceeded to revive kenya.

I think everything good is derived from good leadership.

To all the Naija people out there, I must say that Naija is a force to reckon with too. Naija is the one of the few developing nations to completely pay up it's international debts, a very big move.

Naija people - at least the ones I've met here in the states are a very aggressive lot, especially the young educated ones.
one main challenge Naija has despite having oil is the population. 100 million plus people; that will definitely put a strain on the resources, but Naija is one african tiger too, I don't know much about political freedoms there though
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by SinginChic: 2:55am On Aug 31, 2007
Tsimba:

Singin Chic thanks so much for your remark. Well i categorical say that most of the companies who are in the constructions industry re indigenious and they are coming out very strongly. We don't have Sheraton or Macdonald, the reason being we have local chains for instance kengeles, kenchick and many other who are very strong brands and they locally owned. There are also very strong chains of hotels owned by indegenious people for instance alliance hotels which are highly rated hotes again, Problems are definitely there, Africa is moving to the next level,

Ropie:

Nairobi city buildings are owned, were designed and constructed by Kenyans. Times Tower one of Africa's top ten tallest buildings was designed and constructed by Kenyan owned companies, from architects to civil engineers they are the local boyz and women.

There is no Mcdonalds or Sheraton in Kenya. We have local restaurants like Kengeles, Kenchic-the popular chicken restaurant in Kenya on every street in Nairobi and Java House for the best hot cup of coffee.

Politically, Kenyans enjoys the most freedom of expression in Africa. A cabinet minister can say anything against the president n nothing can b done to him/her neither can he/she b sacked. Furthermore, UN bodies prefer to employ Kenyans. Currently, there are 700,000 Kenyans working for the UN bodies only second to the US. These Kenyans contribute to over 350 million dollars to Kenya's economy annually.

Tsimba and Ropie, it's good to see that there are no signs of colonisation, except perhaps the ones from the past! I hope and pray that it always remains this way. God Bless you!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by efa6efa(m): 5:41am On Aug 31, 2007
Kenya is a cool place.You were only comparing Kenya to lagos!!What of Abuja?Abuja is a very cool city too
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ndipe(m): 8:11am On Aug 31, 2007
I am indeed impressed that Kenya has choosen to retain certain parts of their culture, rather than adopting the western culture in their life. In Nigeria, the reverse is the case. Infact, an adoption of these western culture/lifestyle is seen as 'bourgeouis' and a stamp of approval that you have indeed 'arrived' while disassociating with the African lifestyle. A case in point is the proliferation of Mr. Biggs, probably adapted from Macdonalds. Lets stop this 'follow follow' syndrome of copying everything abroad into our country and strive to be original.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ropie(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2007
Talking of ICT development, plans are in advanced stage to make Athi River Town, an industrial town on the outskirts of Nairobi city, to an ICT Hub City. The government will fund the project at a cost of over 1 billion dollars. This will make Kenya the Africa's ICT hub. Already Kenya is one of the top ten Worlds ICT hubs. The industrial town will have 24hr internet connectivity thro' fibre optic network. Large godowns will be set up and equiped with telecommunication and ICT facilities to be rented out to out-sourcing companies. In this, Kenya will topple India as the world leading out-sourcing centre. Out-sourcing business currently rakes in over 1 billion dollars to Kenya's economy annually and this will increase to 20 billion dollars after completion of this project.

By next year, everybody in Kenya from city to rural folks will have internet access after completion of laying fibre optic cable which is currently in progress under the government funded Digital Village project. Also to boost and reduce internet charges is the completion of Mombasa-Fujaira in UAE fibre optic cable.

Kenya and South Africa are the only countries in Africa to have two sets of Root Servers i.e J and F root servers for redundancy, .COM, .NET and .KE locally resolving. This makes Kenya as the key strategic hub for internet content hosting and transit services in Africa.

In the next three years ICT will be the major player in Kenya's economy.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by knyboy: 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2007
ROPIE,

Eaze up on the optimism chief, I'm not being negative but claiming that Kenya will topple india as an outsorcing hub is stretching it.

India has been doing this for a while and they have a tonne of experience plus contracts. It will take time before we take away market share from them, because we have to build credibility. and remember, in kenya we still have a perception problem. Alot of western folk think of kenya as ideal for safari, etc, not outsorcing, but that can be overcome.

In May Feb this year I met a few kenyan businessmen who'd come to boston for a conference. one of them had a very smart strategy about competing with india for outsourcing.
His idea was that Kenya will look to complement India not compete directly. very smart and it made sense.

One thing I'd like to emphasize again and again is that for any country to improve , it requires god strong and visionary leadership.
I like Dubai because despite having oil resources, it has aggressively diversified it's economy to the point that it is a top 5 global finance center after NYC, London, Hong Kong, Sydney.
They have a visionary leader. I mean, the guy could have sat back and said he'd be all set coz of their oil, but No, he diversified the economy.
5 years ago in kenya, it was not this way. we had a leader who stagnated the economy and he;d been in power for 24 yrs.
Right now kenya is aggressive and it's playing catch up, that's why I say that we have just begun.
South Africa gets props not doubt, but let;s be honest, alot of he development there was done during apartheid, the white minority gvt there really built their economy, but Kenya's economy is majority indigenoues. Yes kenyans have built kenya, black, indian, arab, white, all have built it.

South African companies expand everywhere in the continent but have the hardest time setting shop in kenya. Most of their firms come in and encounter such stiff competitition that they end up closing shop. Barnetts furniture tried but the local furniture manufacturers beat them out.
South African Brewing had a difficult time sustaining market share dominated by kenya breweries.
Just recently the kenya railway system was privatise and sold to a south african firm. So far, there is not a whole lot of people happy with them. To kenyans, they are slow at adapting.infact their own CEO complained that kenyans are an impatient lot, they want to see results ASAP! and he was right.

The current kenyan govt is very agressive and progressive too. they are pushing for the forging of the east africa community, made up of 5 countries.
They are doing this in order to market and position the area as one encompassing over 100 milliom people as opposed to a single country. This is a very smart move, and again I repeat, it all boils down to leadership.
I am surprised at people from Naija saying that Nigerians are loosing their identity/culture and following Mr Biggs.
I must say, I'm shocked coz all the Naija people I've encountered are always proud of their heritage. but again, I'm in the sttae, maybe the Niaja people in Nigeria behave that way.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ndipe(m): 7:11am On Sep 01, 2007
But it is true, some Nigerians have this mentality that anything imported from abroad is a 'must have' item. I am actually gladdened to read about the progress and developments in Kenya. Reason is that, some people have begun to adopt the mindset that blacks are incapable of governing themselves. They illustrate South Africa as an example of an country gone bunkers after the end of apartheid, citing the proliferation of industries to the heydays of apartheid. And Nigeria is also mentioned in the same wave length too. Before independence, orderliness was a way of life. Then we got independent and confusion became the norm of life back home. Even in America, same illustration has been made, though in a different style. Black neighborhoods are projected negatively due to crime, high unemployment and the prevalence of run-down buildings? Do white neighbourds suffer from such negativity? Probably not!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by KnowAll(m): 10:16am On Sep 02, 2007
@Babderas :1 - Nigeria has two major cities, Lagos and Abuja
2- Kenya has a slum that's waaay bigger than anything Naija has to offer, despite the fact that Nigeria has at least 5 times the population of Kenya.

Don't be selective in your opinions.

[size=12pt]Point of correction Nigeria has more than 2 major cities, Kano city, Kaduna, Enugu,Calabar, Port-harcourt, Owerri, Akure, Ibadan City, Benin city, Ilorin, Markurdi, Maiduguri & Sokoto. There are others that I have left out. You have to understand the resources of Nigeria is not concentrated in 2 cities. After Nairobi & Mombassa name any another city of significance in Kenya. Can you imagine if since independence nigeria's resourses has been concentrated in developing just lagos and abuja, by now they will be the best cities in the world. The resources has to be divided to all the regional capitals and of course there has been massive corruption too. Nigeria is not one horse or 2 horse country like most african countries outside their national capital there is no other city.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Christino(m): 11:28am On Sep 02, 2007
@ Ndipe,

If any "purely black" capital has embraced the western culture to the fullest, then Kenya is number 1. I roamed the streets of Nairobi for weeks on end with practically no-one on african attire. The only people i saw the african way were the Masai (like the Cattle Fulani), maybe it's because of the cold or because of the colonization. (The weather conditions there favour europeans, and of course, european interest in Kenya's Unique Fine Tea).

Talk about dressing and everything, it's just IMPORTED! Even in the ghettos, they dress western.

I was lucky to see one or two african dresses in Kisumu, but I felt like an Alien dressing West Africa, and I made more friends in my attire than Mandela made in all his visit to Nairobi ( I mean it!)

The Language is however cool, and many places still bear the traditional names, including malls like Uchumi (Nakumatt is most likely not Swahili) Yaya centre (Sarit is most likely not swahili), the Roads (N'gong road, Kiyumbani. . .), unlike here where we have western Avenue, Broad Street, City Mall, Galleria, Palms . . . (Heavily westernized names). . . and lest I forget, almost everyone I met had an English First name and most could not translate their surnames.

Most Kenyans are so european, they find it hard to catch an african joke. (they need to boot like Pentium 1 before bursting. . . grin)

@ Knowall,

I think Nigeria has 10 times the population of Kenya and not 5. Kenya is the home to HQs of major establishments and organizations and even at that, it's not bigger, or do I say better than Abuja, but one has to confess, NAIROBI (not Kenya) IS BEAUTIFUL and there ain't no way Lagos gon' measure up to that, ever, with all the flowers, the clean roads and what have you. (MUSIC, ZERO! - movies, ZERO all imported) grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by KnowAll(m): 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2007
@Christino

Checkout my post again, i never mentioned anything to do with population. What I was saying is that there only 2 cities in Kenya, while there are a dozen or more cities in nigeria, if you choose not to live in lagos or abuja, you can still enjoy all the mordern comforts of live in these other cities. Nigeria is not a one horse or 2 horse town. Development is spread around. Most other african countries outside the capital or one other town, you will probably be staying in one backwater far from any mordern convience - like 2,3, 4 star hotels, internet connections, continental dishes like chinese restaurants, e.t.c
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 2:49pm On Sep 02, 2007
Oh men, there are many other
urban centres in kenya where you can enjoy these mordern convinienses, there is eldoret in the rift valley with an international airport where thuosands of athletes come from all around the world to train in long distace running- this is the home of kenyan athletics, there is nakuru, a MAJOR touristr town with the famouse lake Nakuru with its pink flamingos, just a stones throw away from the cbd, then there is malindi where thuosand of italian call home, its a beautiful resort town by the cost. There is also the city of kisumu which is actually more mordern than mombasa, and many more. There is alot more to kenya than just nairobi, take a look at this web sity, you wont regret http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=469374

True there is a huge slum in Nairobi, but you have to understand something, Nairobi is also a very big city, its the biggest city between Cairo and Johhanesburg( by metro politan area) also many people like to overlook the fact that slums in the entire city occupy less than 5% of the entire lnad area.

And yes nairobi is pretty westernised dressing in african attire is considerd backwarb, it is also banned in parliament
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ndipe(m): 3:13am On Sep 03, 2007
Wearing of African garb is banned in Kenyan Parliament? That's taking western culture too far. Even in Nigeria, I can attest that some people are beginning to discard suits in favor of our native wears.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by FufuKing1(m): 5:45am On Sep 03, 2007
WOW! Nairobi looks AMAZING from these pictures. I would definitely love to visit!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ropie(m): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2007
Other Kenya major cities:

1. Nakuru - Rift Valley hqs., industrial and tourist city with its famous flamingo home L. Nakuru and Nakuru national park. It was once East Africa's cleanest city b4 being toppled by Nairobi. One of Africa's largest supermarket chain Nakumatt originated from this city. Nakumatt is the short form of Nakuru Mattresses.

2. Eldoret - This is the world athletic capital. Its an industrial city and major high altitude training centre for athletes. This is the home of Kenya's famous athletes. This city credits its development to the millionaire athletes. Linked to the world by an international airport and its a major transit city btw. Kenya and her neighbors.

Kisumu City- It is a lakeside city on the shores of L. Victoria. Its Kenya's third largest city with good infrastructure. Its under renovation to make it East African Community hqs. to 5 east african countries.

Malindi - This is the coastal city resort. Its a tourist centre fancied by the Italians. The property cost here is higher than in Nairobi. If you ready to part with more than 1000 dollars a night in accommodation go to this coastal city. It is famous with world celebrities. Naomi Campell is a frequent visitor to this city. Also situated here is a space centre.

Other major cities are: Kericho - World famous for its black tea, Nyeri on the foot of Mt. Kenya, Thika - an industrial town on the outskirt of Nairobi and many others.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Christino(m): 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2007
Ropie,

I should be visiting Nairobi soon (after the cold season, or is it over 28 degrees yet?)

Thanks for the details, so Nakumatt is African after all.

I was opportuned to see Kericho ( i guess on my way to kisumu,i made a few friends there, high school peeps. I felt like building a hut within the tea plantations, i'm sure the aerial view'd b best for a wallpaper.

The rift valley tripped me the most as i understand it cuts across 3 or 4 countries.

At Nakuru Park, i saw an albino Rhino for the first time. And the flamingos, lovely when they glitter in the sun and do their parade. I saw lion (golden) monkeys and heavy lions. I did not see any elephant. The driver (a guy from traveladade was our tour guide) very lovely experience.

Couldn't go to Eldoret cos Nairobi cold deal with my ankles seriously (indian doctors to the rescue)

More pictures pls.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ropie(m): 7:23am On Sep 04, 2007
@christino: @least Nairobi currently is warm, but the mornings are cold. If wanna see an elephant there is Masai Mara National park (recently given the status of one of the seven world wonders) and Tsavo East and West National park. Do u know Shambole Lodge near L. Magadi in Kenya is the favorite place for the Microsoft chief, Bill Gates? He spend most of his holidays there.

I forgot another major Kenyan City, thats is Naivasha which is located in the Rift Valley, along Nairobi-Nakuru Highway, 1 hr drive from Nairobi. It is also a tourist hub. Africa's largest geothermal power plant is located here. Kenya is the largest producer of geothermal power. This is town of abt 300,000 pple is world's largest producer of cut-flowers, one of Kenya's foreign income earner. There is also fresh water lake, L. Naivasha and Hell's Gate National Park. There are luxurious hotels here. In this town peaceful tranquility and serenity was Southern Sudan peace conceived.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ropie(m): 7:53am On Sep 04, 2007
More Pics of Kenyan Cities as follows:
1. Nairobi City
2. Coastal city of Mombasa
3. The elephant tusks along Moi Av. in Mombasa city
4. A building Mombasa city

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ropie(m): 8:04am On Sep 04, 2007
More Photos:
1. Part of Eldoret city
2. Maseno University town campus in Kisumu City.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ropie(m): 8:25am On Sep 04, 2007
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ropie(m): 10:18am On Sep 04, 2007
Flamingos @ L. Nakuru

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2007
Here is more of Kenya,
Mt. Kenya

Hotels,CBD Nairobi
[img]http://cdn.tripadvisor.com/Images-g294207-d305105-b1103580S-The_atrium_of_the_hotel_from_the_glass_elevators-Grand_Regency_Hotel-Nairobi.jp[/img]

Rusinga Island Lake Victoria

Pavements Club Westlands Nairobi, Weatlands is a mini CBD

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2007
Naivasha simbe lodge

Nairobi Safari Hotel

Grand Regency Hotel, Nairobi Cbd

Kilalinda eco-lodge, Tsavo east national park

MOMBASA

MORE TO COME,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.