Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1578981 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2007
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ndipe(m): 4:13am On Oct 02, 2007
Nice city, but the weather is not as sunny as Nigeria, and if I have my way, I dont like living in places with dreary weather.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 5:41am On Oct 02, 2007
@ ndipe, Well its not that dreary, temparatures range from about 19-25 C for the most but can get quite low during the winter months ( july, angust) ,as low as 11 C during the day and single digits at night, but mostly the weather is pretty comfortable, you dont need anything warm and neither do you sweat. You should visit someday!!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by knyboy: 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2007
Man!! Nairobi has really changed ( for the better ) since the last time I was there.

I just have one question: the last two photos, is that Nairobi or Abuja ? and If It's Nairobi? where are they located- the buildings and what's the name ? they look like some sort of business park ?

@ROPIE, did you get any photos of westgate mall ?

and NDIPE, there's no dreary weather in nairobi or africa . everyone in africa should appreciate their weather. living in the northeast U.S. I came to appreciate the beautiful nairobi weather.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by knyboy: 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2007
@ AFRICANESE, the first two photos you posted , is that westlands or downtown naiobi ?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Gobi38: 9:54pm On Oct 02, 2007
Chei - is this really Kenya? Why do some of them in Yankee still feel inferior when dealing with Nigerians? Men if I was a Kenya - no Nigerian go fit talk where I dey. It will take Lagos another 20 years to be where Nairobi is today in terms of infrastructure development.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Gobi38: 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2007
Chei - is this really Kenya? Why do some of them in Yankee still feel inferior when dealing with Nigerians? Men if I was a Kenya - no Nigerian go fit talk where I dey. It will take Lagos another 20 years to be where Nairobi is today in terms of infrastructure development.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 2:46am On Oct 03, 2007
@NDIPE this is nairobi, it is called gateway park. it is on mombasa rd.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ropie(m): 11:03am On Oct 03, 2007
Nairobi is getting very beautiful each day, b4 the end of this year human labour cleaning of Nairobi will b replaced by machines!

@knyboy: I ve nt get a chance to rush there for a photo!
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by labiyemmy(m): 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2007
can you see how organised the people look - no rush - no anxiety for area boys - everything neat - this has got nothing to do with government - but with the people themselves - been able to obey rules and regulations and being orderly - but in Nigeria - opposite is the case.

This pictures only shows one thing - the citizens of Kenya love their country and work to make it better - but the citizens of Nigeria mess up everything good that has been put in place.

When government throws out illegal occupants of illegalk structures, what do we get - people blaming the government for throwing them out - without necessarily thinking that they shouldnt have been their in the first place.

I am sure if Nigerians decide to live above board in every sence - our cities and towns will look better than this.

2 Likes

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by omoge25(f): 5:59am On Oct 04, 2007
@labiyemmy:

try give it up to your country as well @Omoge

, in my original post i did say "naija has some fine places".
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Merez(f): 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2007
Nairobi is really a beautiful city but have you all thot abt the fact that it is the capital of Kenya? As far am concerned there is no difference compared to our own Abuja city. So wat the heck? Someone needs to post pictures of Abuja City for the benefit of those who dnt know what it looks like. Then you'll know what am talking about.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2007
merez,nobody is comparing which city looks better than the other, this thread is for showing the beauty of nairobi. plus i have seen a comprehensive collection of pics (visit http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=957) of abuja and i am convinced it aint close to nairobi but in 10 to 15 yrs that might change.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2007
Lets go shopping!!

Sarit Centre th largest mall in East Africa

The junction Ngong Road

The Yaya Centre, Argwings Khodhek Road

The nakumatt lifestyle, cbd nairobi

Crossroads mall Karen

The Mall Westlands

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by folahann(m): 11:23pm On Oct 19, 2007
Not really impressed
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by rhombus: 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2007
Falo, ,

Looking at your past postings on this site, I guess you are a great fan of sports.

That there is little mention of sports events in Kenya could be the reason why you are not 'really impressed'. I thought that it might interest you to know that on 7 oct 2007, this year's Nairobi Airshow took place at Wilson Airport Nairobi. Here are some photos of the show,

Can someone help me paste photos here?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 3:22am On Oct 25, 2007
maasai did u say shopping? because we got it for 24 hrs
24/7 hour supermarket for the city that never sleeps, NAIROBI BABY!!!

a supermarket for furniture only

RELAX AT THE STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL PARK

[quote][/QUOTE]

at the airport

ya'll know i had to post this one for those who don't know this is nairobi's public transoprt vehicles

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by OBAMBLA(m): 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2007
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 10:03am On Oct 27, 2007
Hey Rhombus, right click on the photo you want to post, then go to properties, then copy the url, go click oon the imege icon above those smiley faces on this site. It should give you somrthing like [img]http://[/img], paste the url im between like this [img]your url here[/img], and your done, if you havr any more problems let me know
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 10:05am On Oct 27, 2007
Hey Rhombus, right click on the photo you want to post, then go to properties, then copy the url, go click oon the imege icon above those smiley faces on this site. It should give you somrthing like [img]http://[/img], paste the url im between like this [img]your url here[/img], and your done, if you havr any more problems let me know
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 10:36am On Oct 27, 2007
Trout tree restaurant- central kenya, has a river running beneath it with lots of truot, yummy11111

Yhe best veiw of mont Kilimanjaro the highest in Africa is from the Amboseli National Park- Southern kenya

This is Lake elementaita one of the many in the rift valley

mmmm, a hot spring and beautiful pink flamingos

This si Jadini Beach At the coast

This is BrakenHurst in the Suburbs of the Capital Nairobi

Peponi Hotel in The Ancsient Island of Lamu in Shela baech

Lake Turkana Kenya's best kept secret , in the far north of kenya

Craters on central island

You can fly there, airstrip on island

Ahhh bliss

Indian Ocean Beach club

Dolphin Hotel-Mombasa

Outspan Hotel-Nyeri (Central Kenya)

This was the home of Lord Baden Powell, the guy who started the scouting movement and where Wangari Maathai recieved news of her winning the Nobel peace prize.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by rhombus: 11:49am On Oct 27, 2007
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by rhombus: 12:22pm On Oct 27, 2007
Hi Masaai!

Thanks alot.

My Nairobi International Airshow photos are here,

Wilson Airport Nairobi,

Other photos,

even KAF was there,

Everyone had to see the national flag,

And there were no accidents!!!

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ropie(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2007
@Rhombus: Nice photos, great airshow, i missed that airshow, i was out of town. I had gone for a hike somewhere in the Great Rift Valley.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by africanese: 12:34am On Nov 08, 2007
SMILE THIS IS KENYA. KARIBU

Park

Purple Rain. who said pretoria is only city of jacaranda trees

Dull day

JAVA HOUSE. KENYANS DONT NEED STARBUCKS THEY CREATE THEIR OWN. ALL HAIL THE JAVA HOUSE. this is what africans should aim for. create their own hence a sense of pride and originality
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by MauMau4: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2007
Nairobi is a lovely city and Kenya is really improving. But I think nija has use with their cultural strength. You dont see a single kenyan in traditonals walking the street,
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by damoche07(m): 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2007
Whats the stress involved in going to Nairobi? I planned on visiting Jerusalem next year b4 but with this pictures Nairobi might be in contention.

Anybody with visa and accomodation details.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2007
@ damoche07. Thank you for your interest in kenya. Well travelling to Nairobi is no hastle at all, Nairobi is a major aviation hub and connected to many parts of the world. About the visa issue, it is also pretty easy to get one. Please contact the kenyan embassy in your country of residence or your travel agent for more details. There lots of great places to visit in kenya, you can stay in cosmopolitan nairobi or drive off to one of the many world class game parks. Or you can go to the beaches at the coast, go hiking in the rift valley or kick off at a lake side resort. You can even climb mt kenya. Im just trying to show you the many options available and my advise is to have an idea of what you want to experience. If u need more info id be glad to give it to you. Bon voyage.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2007
Damoche here is site that may be useful www.magicalkenya.com
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by maasai1(m): 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2007

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by ignorant: 3:48am On Nov 22, 2007
What the Bleep is this pictures for? so, you wanna convince me that Kenya is beautiful than Nigeria or what? They have some places only in Nairobi. Nigeria we have more than this shit. Even our tear down infrastructure are awesome than their so called brand new shit cities. They got nothing beside nairobi. Ghana and Kenya is the same shit. Accra shit and Nairobi shit. Moreover, these hunters don't know the true meaning of Education, that's why their country is run by shit Indians and stupid White fools. Ghana is ok in Education, but they are stack on themselves. Don't know the gad damn shit to do with so called Nkrumah education foundation which he set up for them. Kofi Annan, NKrumah and who else shit Ghana soccer players? Haa haaaaa
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Ropie(m): 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2007
Shit!!! Who's shit! Ignorant is ignorant why? He has never travel 2 any country, secondly he has internet access and never make use of it, all he knows are shits!!! U cant compare Nairobi city and Kenya in particular with any other in Africa. Millions of tourists flock into Kenya every coz of its beauty and uniqueness. Thousands of Africans live in Kenya esp. Nigerians, I ve many Nigerian friends who reside in this beautiful city, i ve not heard of any Kenyan living in Nigeria!!!! The features speak for itselves not the word of mouth!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.