Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

How To Impress On First Date - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Impress On First Date (8078 Views)

Sad! If U See This, You’ll Hate Bodybuilding To Impress Women. Photos & Videos / 6 Things A Guy Should Never Do To Impress A Lady / Funny & Silly Things Guy Do To Impress You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Impress On First Date by slap1(m): 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2010
Important tip: DO NOT, FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE, FAKE. If she discovers later you'd be the best joke for her and her friends for a long time.
Re: How To Impress On First Date by sylve11: 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2010
slap1:

Important tip: DO NOT, FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE, FAKE. If she discovers later you'd be the best joke for her and her friends for a long time.

not after u'v finished servicing her kongis . . . she can't laff at u cool
Re: How To Impress On First Date by Ranoscky(m): 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2010
Is d Op talkin about "NIGER" gurls or "NIGERIAN" gurls? undecided If u'r talking about NIGERIAN gurls, den u'r makin a big mistake! NIGERIAN gurls no need all doz long process na, ah ah? abi no be Naija we dey again? undecided Just take her to a restaurant wia dey sell "Agege Bread n Agoyin Beans", n d nxt tyn she'll say is. . . Hey dear, can i go home with u tonyt? undecided. . . .N d rest is History!
Re: How To Impress On First Date by Goldenmeda(m): 2:02pm On Sep 17, 2010
thank u, Mr. lecturer, gud advise
Re: How To Impress On First Date by elrony(m): 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2010
hehe u guyz ll not kill me o, naija girlz don suffer, wow akara and biscuit on a date?, outrageous lololollollllllllll
Re: How To Impress On First Date by Redman44(m): 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2010
I am not an authority on Dating and romantic matters smiley smiley  However, I agree that being financially stable and having a good job helps a lot when you're trying to impress women these days. The poster gave a lot of tips when you're out on a date with a woman for the first time. The tips are okay and I've learnt a thing or two from the posts.  However, we don't have a specific set of rules that we must follow on a first date or in relationships generally. Women look for different things in a man and some relationships kick off no matter how successful the man was in impressing the lady on the first date.  Dating differs in different countries due to economic, cultural and and social differences. In Nigeria, many women will date you if you look comfortable to an extent. Due to the high level of poverty in Nigeria, many women are attracted to men that can take care of them. You don't even have to take them on a date. Just strike up a conversation with the average Nigerian lady and you can both take it from there. You don't have to follow dating rules or techniques to woo a woman in Nigeria shocked shocked shocked

In the Western world, it is a different ball game all together.  I've come across women in Britain who are not interested in whether you have a deep wallet or nice ride. The more you're trying to impress them, the more they get pissed off.  These set of ladies are just looking for love. They just want a man they can call a friend and move on to better things with. Some ladies are just out to have intimacy. If you can satisfy them in bed consistently, they will stay with you. Dating in Europe and America however entails the etiquettes the poster mentioned- Being Nice, Not bragging, Being well dressed, having your own place,  having a job [ not necessarily being a banker and all that ] and being honest.  Women in the Western world have different reasons for dating. Some of them are after rich men and you have to be loaded to date them. Others are weird and are sex maniacs. I'm not much into African women abroad for reasons personal to me.  I'll leave that area for those who know better.  My advice is this: JUST BE SINCERE TO ANY WOMAN YOU WANT TO DATE OR MARRY. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com

1 Like

Re: How To Impress On First Date by Ikwikwikwi(m): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2010
bla bla bla, bla, please if you don't impress your date on a first meeting, chances is that many will never want to see you again, it means you do not know what a woman want. Many men and women come prepared for action, very wet, and here you are, rolling out what next to do. May I even ask you, which recreational park will you take her to (we do not have any ) or which shopping mall will you take her to if not to a hotel. And at the hotel, you will start holding board meeting instead of the business of the day. Please tell that to the birds.
Re: How To Impress On First Date by madlady(f): 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2010
. :-x
Re: How To Impress On First Date by elrony(m): 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2010
had already told ya how i do ma own runz,

lol plz naija chicks how do u impress us naija guyz.?

maybe its by eating a DRUM of ice cream, and tryna make 'em marry mama cass lol[flash=200,200]http://[/flash]
[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: How To Impress On First Date by Ayowumie(m): 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2010
No need to cram all these things. If you are a heavy spender, all girls will jump to your bidding/
Any way, that apart, the poster mentioned wearing a neat under wear, do you intend to flaunt your undies to your first date?
Re: How To Impress On First Date by orangemen: 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2010
before ur first date, just send recharge cards periodically and send few text msgs of how was ur day.
on the day of the date, let the appointment be in a quality eatry. be an african man and be the first to place ur orders. in ur orders, tell them u want ice cream, chicken pile, rice and salad, with snails and then a bottle of small water. after that, tell her baby pls don't mind me bcs i like food. then tell the waiter/waitres to take her orders.
please note : u must not let the girl eat more than u on ur first date. make sure u talkless. after winning her in the eating competition, tell her u have not eaten so well in a very long while. if she's got sibblings, make sure u organise some take away packs for her to boast ur levels.
drop her home if u are on a ride or pay her cab if u are not.
call her later to know if she is home and ok then relaxe she will get back to u.
Re: How To Impress On First Date by ifkunlethe: 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2010
orangemen:

before your first date, just send recharge cards periodically and send few text msgs of how was your day.
on the day of the date, let the appointment be in a quality eatry. be an african man and be the first to place your orders. in your orders, tell them u want ice cream, chicken pile, rice and salad, with snails and then a bottle of small water. after that, tell her baby pls don't mind me bcs i like food. then tell the waiter/waitres to take her orders.
please note : u must not let the girl eat more than u on your first date. make sure u talkless. after winning her in the eating competition, tell her u have not eaten so well in a very long while. if she's got sibblings, make sure u organise some take away packs for her to boast your levels.
call her later to know if she is home and ok then relaxe she will get back to u.

nICE yARN MAHNN.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

lET tHE lADIES iN THE hOUSE tELL uS tHEIRS.,,,,,,,
Re: How To Impress On First Date by HamidO1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2010
orangemen:

before your first date, just send recharge cards periodically and send few text msgs of how was your day.
on the day of the date, let the appointment be in a quality eatry. be an african man and be the first to place your orders. in your orders, tell them u want ice cream, chicken pile, rice and salad, with snails and then a bottle of small water. after that, tell her baby pls don't mind me bcs i like food. then tell the waiter/waitres to take her orders.
please note : u must not let the girl eat more than u on your first date. make sure u talkless. after winning her in the eating competition, tell her u have not eaten so well in a very long while. if she's got sibblings, make sure u organise some take away packs for her to boast your levels.
u too much my broda, i too like dat green part
Re: How To Impress On First Date by jaybee3(m): 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2010
orangemen:

So na food and recharge cards una dey use toast dis dayz
I'm curious to know the kind of girls u attract though tongue
Re: How To Impress On First Date by HamidO1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2010
Ayowumie:

No need to cram all these things. If you are a heavy spender, all girls will jump to your bidding/
Any way, that apart, the poster mentioned wearing a neat under wear, do you intend to flaunt your undies to your first date?
Anytin can happen my broda, LOL,
Re: How To Impress On First Date by orbaxy(m): 4:32pm On Sep 17, 2010
you want to impress her? , sure you need to look cool and smell nice, mobility is a boost for naija babe confidence, so if you don't have one, borrow, evening hangouts are prefered, give her a nice treat, (don't tell her everything about you, tell whatever part of your story that will impress her, like your trip to barbados, not your poor credit ratings, ), watch wat you eat, ! (moderate booze, wine preferred), immediately decide whether na"babe material abi na runs material", no offence, coz i know some babes just wanna get laid, "no strings attached", slight body contact is allowed, but read her signals. Don't forget condom in your wallet, you never know what's next,
Re: How To Impress On First Date by orangemen: 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2010
So na food and recharge cards una dey use toast dis dayz Huh
I'm curious to know the kind of girls u attract though

uncle,
na u know the kind babe wey u dey follow. this follow-up is workable for 95% of nigerian/african babes. the 5% includes the adenugas, ibbs, dangotes, iboris, kalus and their likes and am yet to try anything on this 5%.
recharge cards must be ur first impression and it shows u care alot.
then quality foods.
if u want to take an extraordinary step, take her to those places she only see on tv.
Re: How To Impress On First Date by anangboy(m): 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2010
orangemen:

uncle,
na u know the kind babe wey u dey follow. this follow-up is workable for 95% of nigerian/african babes. the 5% includes the adenugas, ibbs, dangotes, iboris, kalus and their likes and am yet to try anything on this 5%.
recharge cards must be your first impression and it shows u care alot.
then quality foods.
if u want to take an extraordinary step, take her to those places she only see on tv.

I just cudnt help commenting. This follow-up works for almost all dem gurls. D mature 5% cud see thru d gesture and relate with the intention. Whts it wit dis demeaning attitude some guys have. Na only jet u wan use toast gur? mscheeewwwwwww
Re: How To Impress On First Date by jchublue: 7:20pm On Sep 17, 2010
How to impress on the first date?

It depends on what the woman wants. Different strokes for different pokes.

The best thing is to be urself, and you gain that kind of confidence of being yourself as you grow older and gain dating experience.

Being yourself will get you more platonic friends that bedmates though.

Check this blog http://woahnigeria./2010/09/05/what-do-lagos-women-really-really-really-want/

there is an interesting article on what women really want.
Re: How To Impress On First Date by Princek12(m): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2010
is the poster talking about a first date or 10-yr wedding anniversary date? because if you have undergo this ceremony for a first date, if, God forbid, the relationship does not work out immediately right after the date, do you go about setting up successive dates in the same manner?
Re: How To Impress On First Date by Eboski(m): 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2010
It's ok.but it doesnt work in nija,just buy her #1,500 mtn card.u'll enjoy the show so much.
Re: How To Impress On First Date by Eboski(m): 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2010
It's ok.but it doesnt work in nija,just buy her #1,500 mtn card.u'll enjoy the show so much.
Re: How To Impress On First Date by Vic2k3(m): 9:05pm On Sep 17, 2010
Eboski not all girls are that cheap.
Re: How To Impress On First Date by legendprac(m): 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2010
different strokes 4 different folks, no 1 methods works all the time, but one thing is almost always constant
no romance without finance lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealedgrin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Impress On First Date by ndigbo: 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2010
Guys can't just stop laughing, i couldn't be at a better place.
Re: How To Impress On First Date by kcblast(m): 11:30pm On Sep 17, 2010
**yawns**@poster,ok
wait o,una no dey sleep
@ndigbo,tell,are u nocturnal??
Re: How To Impress On First Date by jalether(m): 2:43am On Sep 18, 2010
@OP. Why would you need to impress your first date?
Re: How To Impress On First Date by sassyril(f): 3:41am On Sep 18, 2010
on ur 1st date just be ur NORMAL self
no fronting, no forming and dis goes 4 guyz n gals
Re: How To Impress On First Date by roymary: 4:23am On Sep 18, 2010
@sassy, you want the dude to be himself to make it easier for you to ridicule him if he's not up to standard!, Would have been better if any status goes for girls, but nahh, The dude needs to go an extra mile to honestly impress you, The world has gone beyond normal and that does not exclude you girls,

Guys please don't go on a date if you are not cool at least 90%, Alternatively, look for naive girls , but i know they are scarce,

Lol
Re: How To Impress On First Date by sassyril(f): 4:31am On Sep 18, 2010
@roy nt really, a guy being real is a beta catch
i wud rather a plain upfront guy dan a chuffin liar
basically dnt pretnd 2b wat u're not, cos sooner or later ur TRUE you will surface!
Re: How To Impress On First Date by roymary: 4:43am On Sep 18, 2010
Ok Sassy, its not about being surreal or unreal, I think we er on different boats here, Its just better for a dude to be capable, No pride intended, but it saves you a whole lotta stress and embarrassment. If you want personal experiences as examples from me, I'll swallow some pride and give you some history,
First priority for a man is to have a great career and not chasing around women hoping they will take you as you are, In my world, it doesn't work that way,

You will be the first one to complain if i'm not taking care of you as your man,
Re: How To Impress On First Date by deepthroat(f): 5:30am On Sep 18, 2010
just dont make her trek like a nomad or make her take a bike with you where she is sandwiched btw you and the okadaman wearing a plastic helmet. After y'all will be asking why her face is squeezed up by the end of the date.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

(A Little Message) To Those Boys That Disvirgined These Girls / I Want To Report This Woman To Her Husband / Which Of These African Slay Queens Do You Consider The Hottest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.