Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,495 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' (29463 Views)

Kabiru Gaya: Osinbajo Not Sidelined In Tinubu’s Campaign / I Have Total Confidence Osinbajo Will Succeed Buhari - Senator Kabiru Gaya / Deputy Senate President: Kabiru Gaya Arrives National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by BULLIONVAN4(m): 4:06pm On May 26, 2019
[quote author=Mcreloaded post=78739180]

Honestly?
Well they have fought for Biafra before and lost, the fact that after all these years the Igbos still want Biafra then it is important the go ernment look into the agitation.
I know for certain the Igbos have lots of politician in the senate and other places I wonder what their stand is concerning Biafra.

The Igbo politicians are playing politics by avoiding the Biafra issue I wonder if it is the Delta State or Edo State that should bear the cross.

Until Igbo leaders come out with one voice and demand for Biafra then and only then will people take them serious.

Let me ask, who is in a better position to move the motion for secession in the senate is it not the Igbo leaders that were voted by Igbos who represent Igbos that are senators who should start the process of .

Your leaders in Abuj. You are a true visionary. you've spoken only but the truth. it is the igbo leaders that is making the agitation of biafra to look stupid and childish.
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by OLORIPAPA: 4:12pm On May 26, 2019
He has the right to his personal opinion, how ever omo agege is still the deputy Senate president to beat.
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Mcreloaded(m): 4:18pm On May 26, 2019
[quote author=BULLIONVAN4 post=78739681][/quote]

This issue of Biafra should start from the political Igbo leaders and they should also start selling the true Biafra ideas to Igbos in particular and other neighbouring states who are not igbis.

Well if the country cannot divide then let's go back to the days of regions and let there be resource control.

The Igbo leaders can sell Biafra agender by first removing fears from other people mind like those in other states that don't speak Igbo language, let them know that there will be resource control etc.

There is this saying that the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. Starting here in nairaland there should be sensitisation on this Biafra thing and it is not by force.
Naturally when you force a human to do something against his or her wish it naturally rebels
Wish you luck in actualizing Biafra.
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by BULLIONVAN4(m): 4:29pm On May 26, 2019
Mcreloaded:

This issue of Biafra should start from the political Igbo leaders and they should also start selling the true Biafra ideas to Igbos in particular and other neighbouring states who are not igbis.

Well if the country cannot divide then let's go back to the days of regions and let there be resource control.

The Igbo leaders can sell Biafra agender by first removing fears from other people mind like those in other states that don't speak Igbo language, let them know that there will be resource control etc.

There is this saying that the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. Starting here in nairaland there should be sensitisation on this Biafra thing and it is not by force.
Naturally when you force a human to do something against his or her wish it naturally rebels
Wish you luck in actualizing Biafra.
You ar a true man, not these tribal bigots who cannot state their points without abusing the biafran/igbo nation.Ride on sir.

2 Likes

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by RTSC: 4:40pm On May 26, 2019
Mcreloaded:

You are right.
Maybe we are afraid of the Igbos
Maybe we feel we in the south south or hinter land south south feel we will only be changing one slave master for another.

From my own experience the southerners ( hinterlands) are ready to give you a fair deal in business but the Igbos will give you a raw deal.
I respect the Igbos a lot as per their way of hustling and survival but the truth is that they are evil and wicked to other people who are not Igbos.
Talking from experience and please note it is my own and not the general public of the south south or hinterland.

The fear of Igbos is the beginning of wisdom.
I have learnt to tolerate them and Waka pass when I see them.

Everybody will give you a raw deal if you are not smart.
Nobody is here to help you.
Even in international politics,nations get given a raw deal.

Igbos are the only ones that have stood behind the south south.
They are the ones agitating for an ibom port in akwaibom.
They are the only Ones that want the niger delta to control their resources
Go to any forum where resource control is discussed and see if any other ethnic group wants the Niger delta to control their oil apart from the igbos.

The rest of the country sees the south south as a criminal infested region to be milked.
It doesn't cost igbos anything to join the other major ethnics.

3 Likes

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Mcreloaded(m): 4:49pm On May 26, 2019
RTSC:

Go to any forum where resource control is discussed and see if any other ethnic group wants the Niger delta to control their oil apart from the igbos.

The rest of the country sees the south south as a criminal infested region to be milked.

When I mean raw deal I meant there is no way an Igbo man can ever be trusted.
Obviously you love the south south to want to give it resource controlled.

The Igbo man will steal you blind and still want to be your friend.

Am not talking of petty thievery lime for example you were not smart enough to read the agreements you had with an Igbo man before aigning., That's not the kind of evil or thievery i mean.
The average igboman will kill you as in murder you to take advantage of any business you have.
Speaking honestly and truthful.
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 26, 2019
You are very stupid. If all we can get in a country is determined by who we vote, then we don't have a country.
lilwetdick:

the senator is right, sentiment and emotion apart...you reward those that did you good and leave those that stopped you that is how life generally is.

even in the US it is the same thing, Trump reward states those voted for him than states that do not.

your region didnt vote for buhari why should they benefit over those that voted for him.
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by RTSC: 4:58pm On May 26, 2019
Mcreloaded:

When I mean raw deal I meant there is no way an Igbo man can ever be trusted.
Obviously you love the south south to want to give it resource controlled.

The Igbo man will steal you blind and still want to be your friend.

Am not talking of petty thievery lime for example you were not smart enough to read the agreements you had with an Igbo man before aigning., That's not the kind of evil or thievery i mean. The average igboman will kill you as in murder you to take advantage of any business giyou have.
Speaking honestly and truthful.
The very people that can be trusted is who you call untrustworthy.

Go and trust Yoruba na.
Na your body go tell you.

You don't even know what is going on.

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Mcreloaded(m): 5:08pm On May 26, 2019
RTSC:

The very people that can be trusted is who you call untrustworthy.

Go and trust Yoruba na.
Na your body go tell you.

You don't even know what is going on.

You that know what is going on is it not shamefully that your leaders in senate and other Igbo politicians holding different posts are yet to champion this Biafra issue.
U say in various forums only the Igbos are ready to allow resource control with others that agree to form Biafra, well that's the only selling point you have e that might make others in the south south this k of joining Biafra.

In all these plans where do your political leaders stand, I was thinking by now since Kanu has been bold enough to start the agitation of achieving Biafra that your politicians would have started the process of secession in the senate even if it does not fly in the senate then I will know where your leaders stand.
Kanu tried and was brave enough to send his message to the federal government but he is just one e man.
Where are your leaders and where to they stand politically.

Let me tell you what killed the Biafran war, it was because the Igbo leaders did not support Ojukwu with the necessary funds when the war was in an advanced stage.
Ojukwu said so himself in one of his books.
History is repeating itself again.
We always say who will bell the cat, Kanu has chosen to bell the cat along with Igbo youths but the question that beggeth answer is where do the Igbo leaders especially the politicians stand?
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by persius555(m): 5:15pm On May 26, 2019
This is all democracy means to an average Northerner. To them, politics is not about development and been fair to all but taking al that belongs and doesn't belong to them.
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by nwadiuko1(m): 5:23pm On May 26, 2019
Mraphel:
I'm serving in the northern part, if Igbo should present a Northern candidate, Hausa and Fulanis will not vote him.
Tambuwal, Kwankwaso and Atiku has a lot of enemies in the north.

That's the reason I'm saying a Yoruba presidential candidate will emerge come 2023. The Hausas in PDP may even present a yoruba candidate. Let's vote a Yoruba so that Igbo can contest after 2023.

MorufuAtanda have you seen this thread?
my friend stop deceiving your self, vote for whoever you like....... from "I'm Igbo" to "I'm serving in the north".........leave Igbos to vote who they want.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Cubia(f): 5:23pm On May 26, 2019
wifeesnatcher:
this is what's glaring but should a serving senator buttress this publicly?

the hate for SE from the elites in North is real, that's why no politicians in North who align with them will win any election anytime soon

in a Democratic political practice that have many parties, concentrating on a one party system would do you people nothing but a political stagnant

who cares right? we want Biafra, one mumu was even boosting here how he wrote Theresa May about Biafra on Twitter. who will give in for Biafra actualization? your money and power hunger politicians?

SS is a minority tribe, I expect them to disassociate themselves from East kindergarten pattern of politics and checkmate their politicians for rapid development in their region. is it wike that will give up on Nigeria? or okowa or udom?
Lamentations of a yoruba man. This is how they talk, even on Facebook and Instagram. Anytime Igbo is mentioned they fly out like houseflies. An average Yoruba man deep down doesn't want biafra to go, an average yoruba man wants the south south to refuse to secede with the south east just cos we don't have a coastline and you know if ss says no, there's no way we can secede being a landlocked region. That's why you people are always happy and don't hesitate to talk down on biafra struggle. You are happy the south south is resisting ain't you? Why can't you people face your region and leave biafra matters alone. Everytime Igbo this, Igbo that, our region is not developed, yen yen yen, you are advising ss to hold their leaders and develop their region, is your region America? Well I'm not surprised a lot of yo here do say you re the most developed in Nigeria, I dey read the comments. It's ok to deceive one's self with Lagos glory.
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Obiwank: 5:25pm On May 26, 2019
Unfortunately he is right at the moment.

It does not however mean that the door is completely closed for political relevance.

SS and SE need to rethink strategy and realign properly. It will definitely take a few years. People should remember the position of the SW while Tinubu was in opposition. It does not last forever if you are willing to play the long game.

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by mcjohny(m): 5:26pm On May 26, 2019
Agenda20:
The regions politically relevant are consistently the domains of poverty in Nigeria, even Africa at large. What a mystery �
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by MONIKERREVEALER: 5:32pm On May 26, 2019
ahh yes finally you have sealed your fate!
you must pay the supreme sacrifice on behalf of your precious "one nigeria"
your confession has trapped you!!!

RichBoy247:

Yes, we will not go. The crude oil in ND belongs to all of us.
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Cubia(f): 5:33pm On May 26, 2019
If we separate I think it will be best for us after reading comments from Rich boy and his colleagues. One Nigeria is a scam.

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by wifeesnatcher(m): 5:34pm On May 26, 2019
Cubia:
Lamentations of a yoruba man. This is how they talk, even on Facebook and Instagram. Anytime Igbo is mentioned they fly out like houseflies. An average Yoruba man deep down doesn't want biafra to go, an average yoruba man wants the south south to refuse to secede with the south east just cos we don't have a coastline and you know if ss says no, there's no way we can secede being a landlocked region. That's why you people are always happy and don't hesitate to talk down on biafra struggle. You are happy the south south is resisting ain't you? Why can't you people face your region and leave biafra matters alone. Everytime Igbo this, Igbo that, our region is not developed, yen yen yen, you are advising ss to hold their leaders and develop their region, is your region America? Well I'm not surprised a lot of yo here do say you re the most developed in Nigeria, I dey read the comments. It's ok to deceive one's self with Lagos glory.

even this dummy want attention here too. go to Yoruba thread and see how your kinsmen wail their endlessly

na una cry never even start, I don't even bother to read those A for apple you cooked up there

the weather must have turn your reasoning upside down
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by UncleJudax(m): 5:39pm On May 26, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
Yes...cos those are strong Christian zones.

Nearly Zero % Muslims areas. Except Auchi

They most blessed region by God with Sea, Ocean, Oil n gas, brains, technology, beautiful people, Jihadist free and rich cultures

The New Jerusalem of Africa is the SS SE.
No be by resources. Cos the North are sitting on same resources.

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by CodeTemplar: 6:52pm On May 26, 2019
MetaPhysical:
It's funny to watch Northerners dish out demeaning and condescending comments to Southerners and they act to cover their tracks so it doesnt appear to be choreographed. Who are they deceiving? Personally I no longer join them to beat down SE....today it's Kabiru Gaya talking rubbish about SE and Ibo, tomorrow it will be Junaid Muhammad talking shyyte abut SW and Yorubas....after that will be Tanko Yakassai jiving bs about SS and the ethnics.

I'm changing my attention to attack and condescend on North. Enough of Ibos today, Ibos tomorrow, give them a breathe of air. There is banditry in North, no one is safe anymore, even government officials are kidnapped, women are not safe, children are not safe, police are not safe,military officers are not safe. What rewards of democracy does the Northern society get from its political dominance? Zero! Intolerance and insecurity everywhere in North. Poverty and wickedness everywhere.

What profiteth a man who gains the world but lost his soul?
They have nothing to lose and are unified by free food.
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by OMNIVIRUS(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
see what is coming from the mouth of a senator of the federal republic? since they are not relevant, then allow the two zones to separate from Nigeria and form their respective countries....

my thoughts exactly
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 26, 2019
MetaPhysical:
It's funny to watch Northerners dish out demeaning and condescending comments to Southerners and they act to cover their tracks so it doesnt appear to be choreographed. Who are they deceiving? Personally I no longer join them to beat down SE....today it's Kabiru Gaya talking rubbish about SE and Ibo, tomorrow it will be Junaid Muhammad talking shyyte abut SW and Yorubas....after that will be Tanko Yakassai jiving bs about SS and the ethnics.

I'm changing my attention to attack and condescend on North. Enough of Ibos today, Ibos tomorrow, give them a breathe of air. There is banditry in North, no one is safe anymore, even government officials are kidnapped, women are not safe, children are not safe, police are not safe,military officers are not safe. What rewards of democracy does the Northern society get from its political dominance? Zero! Intolerance and insecurity everywhere in North. Poverty and wickedness everywhere.

What profiteth a man who gains the world but lost his soul?

God bless you. You're a true patriot. Hope all other southerners will follow
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Deadlytruth(m): 8:37pm On May 26, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

They most blessed region by God with Sea, Ocean, Oil n gas, brains, technology, beautiful people, Jihadist free and rich cultures

You chose to forget that there are indigenous moslems in the Afikpo parts of Ebonyi State and the Nsukka parts of Enugu State. You also forgot that there are indigenous moslems like Asari Dokubo in Bayelsa State and even some parts of Delta State.
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Deadlytruth(m): 8:37pm On May 26, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

You chose to forget that there are indigenous moslems in the Afikpo parts of Ebonyi State and the Nsukka parts of Enugu State all in your SE Region. You also forgot that there are indigenous moslems like Asari Dokubo in Bayelsa State and even some parts of Delta State.
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Yankiss(m): 8:41pm On May 26, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Is the oil free?
If u didn't understand a comment don't quote. By using their oil to run car, I meant using their resources to run the affairs of state. Thank you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Yankiss(m): 8:43pm On May 26, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Is the oil free?
If you do not understand a comment, don't quote.By using their oil to run car, I meant using the SE SS crude oil resources to run the affairs of state. Garrit?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by richie240: 8:50pm On May 26, 2019
RTSC:

Here we go again. This was d sane thrash u filled former president gej's head with that made him feel dt all Nigerians apart from Igbo's were against him, not minding d fact that d sw fought tenatously for him to be made president (2010) after d demise of yaradua.

wifeesnatcher:
this is what's glaring but should a serving senator buttress this publicly?

the hate for SE from the elites in North is real, that's why no politicians in North who align with them will win any election anytime soon....
SS is a minority tribe, I expect them to disassociate themselves from East kindergarten pattern of politics and checkmate their politicians for rapid development in their region. is it wike that will give up on Nigeria? or okowa or udom?

The ss have a better chance in Nigerian politics than d se due to the latter's weird ways of playing politics. But, sadly so, the association of d ss with d se is rubbing off negatively on them (ss) and it will continue to be.

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Deadlytruth(m): 9:07pm On May 26, 2019
BULLIONVAN4:
The likes of you are the problem south is facing today..,continue wallowing in your tribalism and selfishness and see what you will gain from it. Recall what happened in the time of GEJ, when southeners trooped out in great number to vote? we defeated the northeners. who told you that the votes of the east are only 5%? this rubbish is what you have been falsefully publishing to poison the mind of every igbo man making him think that his vote is irrelevant..pls stope this nonsense.COME 2023, IGBOS WILL TROOP OUT IN GREAT NUMBER TO VOTE WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.
And after Jonathan enjoyed so much Southern unity and got to power courtesy of it, he turned his back on Southern unity and began to lick the arses of the Hausafulani Core North to the detriment of the South and even the middle Belt which joined the South in voting massively for him. He released N500bn through Wike for the building of unsolicited building of Almajiri schools in the Hausafulani Core States while children in Nigeria Delta states schools received classes under trees, ordered the release of N100bn for the establishment of grazing reserves for Fulani Herdsmen but could not order the release of a kobo as incentives to Southern farmers or livestock rearers in the South, he sacked Southerners from positions and replaced them with Hausafulanis...e.g the case of his own brother Owoye Azazi and that of Festus Odumegwu; he never showed any genuine commitment to the call for restructuring aimed at cutting Northerners' hands of the SS oil wealth, he was more given to alcohol, etc.
So do you think that Northerners are our problem in all honesty?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Deadlytruth(m): 9:16pm On May 26, 2019
RTSC:

I actually appreciate the precedence buhari has set.

When a proper southerner get to power, we will force him to concentrate development in the SS/SE, based on precedence.
All the rails, seaports and airports that buhari failed to build will be built then.

Jonathan was a mistake that should never have happened.

You made a lot of sense with your last line. But don't you think that the mistake called Jonathan was not really the making of the SS people? It was Obasanjo who handpicked and imposed him on the SS exactly the way the Northern Oligarchy handpicked and imposed him on the Yorubas too in 1999. Jonathan was not the best the SS could produce. He was too dull and frivolous. If the SS people had been given the choice to make themselves, Donald Duke would have been their pick.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by BULLIONVAN4(m): 9:18pm On May 26, 2019
my brother, GEJ f*cked up everyone knows that, they even said he's a woman.

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Blankstare(m): 9:18pm On May 26, 2019
Deadlytruth:

And after Jonathan enjoyed so much Southern unity and got to power courtesy of it, he turned his back on Southern unity and began to lick the arses of the Hausafulani Core North to the detriment of the South and even the middle Belt which joined the South in voting massively for him. He released N500bn through Wike for the building of unsolicited building of Almajiri schools in the Hausafulani Core States while children in Nigeria Delta states schools received classes under trees, ordered the release of N100bn for the establishment of grazing reserves for Fulani Herdsmen but could not order the release of a kobo as incentives to Southern farmers or livestock rearers in the South, he sacked Southerners from positions and replaced them with Hausafulanis...e.g the case of his own brother Owoye Azazi and that of Festus Odumegwu; he never showed any genuine commitment to the call for restructuring aimed at cutting Northerners' hands of the SS oil wealth, he was more given to alcohol, etc.
So do you think that Northerners are our problem in all honesty?

The system was bigger than GEJ,there was nothing he could do differently.
Re: Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' by Deadlytruth(m): 9:26pm On May 26, 2019
RTSC:

We would rather vote a northerner in the pdp over any SW candidate.
That is a fact. You don't represent the south.

Talk from now till tomorrow, a Yoruba candidate can never win the south.
Obasanjo Was The last and only time and his own people didn't vote for him.

Pdp is the only National Party. Slowly regaining state after state.

By 2023, it is going to be a different ball game.

The national party status you credit PDP with is one which doesn't take the SE into relevance except when they lost power at the center and were trying to recapture it. Come to think of it, throughout PDP's 16 year reign in which it had five President-VP tickets, an Igbo man was never included in just one of those tickets. But once the party lost power, an Igbo man was made to feature on the next ticket which was obviously bound to fail. Yet you call that a national party? Are Igbos not part of the nation?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kogi: Dino Melaye Rejects PDP Campaign Council Chairmanship Offer. / Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC / President Buhari Departs Abuja For Malta (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.