Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,067 members, 7,828,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend (3559 Views)

Nigerian Ladies Married To Italian Men & They Are Happy (Photos) / Hindu Girl Slapped For Hugging Her Muslim Boyfriend On The Bus / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by Zimgirl321: 7:51am On May 30, 2019
I need some advise. I am from Zimbabwe and my boyfriend is Nigerian. He is a Muslim and I am Christian. The relationship is serious and we are at that stage where we want to meet each other’s families. In the past, he expressed that his family are very traditional and practising Muslims. He reassured me that he will protect me and ensure that I am treated well.
Also, we have spoken at length about our interfaith relationship and how this will impact our children in the future. He told me that he doesn’t mind the children being raised in the Christian faith. He is always telling me that he is liberal and open minded. Am I being naive by believing all his promises and will he change on me in the near future
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:54am On May 30, 2019
Yes dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by dawnomike(m): 7:58am On May 30, 2019
Zimgirl321:
I need some advise. I am from Zimbabwe and my boyfriend is Nigerian. He is a Muslim and I am Christian. The relationship is serious and we are at that stage where we want to meet each other’s families. In the past, he expressed that his family are very traditional and practising Muslims. He reassured me that he will protect me and ensure that I am treated well.
Also, we have spoken at length about our interfaith relationship and how this will impact our children in the future. He told me that he doesn’t mind the children being raised in the Christian faith. He is always telling me that he is liberal and open minded. Am I being naive by believing all his promises and will he change on me in the near future
you know him more than we do. Follow your heart but don't hesitate to use your brain if you sight any negative sign...

8 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by Obainoneandonly(m): 8:02am On May 30, 2019
if he's a YORUBA you have got no problems,but if Na ABOKI,run for your life. because it will
b miserable if you dont

3 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by madridguy(m): 8:03am On May 30, 2019
Dear sister, don't know how practicing is your boyfriend but I will advise you to be prepared to start going to the mosque after every wedding formality. Forget the guy sweet talk, just prepare yourself first.

My cent.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by dingbang(m): 8:07am On May 30, 2019
Yes marry him
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by XklusivGistBlog(m): 8:15am On May 30, 2019
QueenSekxy:
If he's a Yoruba Muslim, no wahala.
But Hausa muslims, hmmmm. Don't try it cos they treat their women as trash and most times, you will be kidnapped and sent to go bomb people.

But why is it very hard to see a Muslim lady getting married to a Christian man? It's always the opposite.

Because our xtian girls are useless

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by QueenSekxy(f): 8:21am On May 30, 2019
XklusivGistBlog:

Because our xtian girls are useless
Very gullible set of people.
Tufiakwa

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by obisite: 8:25am On May 30, 2019
Zimgirl321:

If you don't mind changing in the near future,, share your IV...
Marriage is not just all by love alone...it's has other complement. Morally It's not wrong marrying him ,but otherwise it is . be willing to stand n bear any outcome in near future hence Divorce or separation might be option... I wish you well
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:26am On May 30, 2019
I'm not a religious person, but I don't think I have seen a case where a Muslim lady married a Christian guy. Am not saying it's not happening or hasn't happened, am just saying I haven't seen a Muslim girl do that.

Why Christian girls mumu like this? Even the ones in Zimbabwe are not wise either.

Travel down to the north (I mean far north) and see the hatred Muslims have for Christians. You dare not talk to any Muslim girl, I mean, she won't even give you one minute to start your lies. Your religion has already disqualified you from getting her attention.
But as for the Christian girls, they are already imagining how a Muslim dickk will taste like, how SADDENING!
AGAIN, am not a religious guy, but Christian girls (90%) of them are an absolute disgrace.

As for you madam poster, you're asking us if he's lying? To best of my knowledge about Muslims, I can tell without a single doubt that he is! Forget all these ones saying Yoruba Muslims are different, A Muslim is a Muslim. In fact, they are the worst.

After marriage, it'll dawn on you that you've been scammed.
He's free to marry three more women, hope you know?
He's free to divorce you with just a simple sentence, hope you are aware?
He's free to abuse you, I hope you know?

So many questions to ask.
Inter-religious marriage is not good at all, especially for a Christian lady. Already, you're from another country so it's going to be much, much worse.

25 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by babyfaceafrica: 8:39am On May 30, 2019
you knew his faith albinitio...so decide yourself!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by obisite: 9:08am On May 30, 2019
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by ImaIma1(f): 9:18am On May 30, 2019
If you are ready to deal with your children being Muslims, your husband limiting your church going, not being able to pray together and trying to convert you to Islam, then it's ok. Because what he is telling you might be different from the reality that you will meet after you marry him.

So be prepared.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by Deepfeel(m): 9:31am On May 30, 2019
Well in some Yoruba families they are Christians and Muslims living in peace under one roof with no problem, same with some tribes in Kaduna and plateau state, so it depends on the type of family this guy comes from, and if his well exposed to civilization and his not mentally enslaved to religion and tradition, then you have nothing to worry about marrying him is ok

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by xapo(m): 10:00am On May 30, 2019
No....pls look for somebody that share same faith as you. interreligious marriage is very bad especially with a Muslim, the disadvantage is much more than the advantage.

take their holy Quran and read what the think about you Christian,...........do u know Islam permit you husband to beat their wife, marry more than 3 wife.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by Holamic: 10:00am On May 30, 2019
This sound like a person frm a broken marrige... My advise if you want to be muslim becoz of him wrong bt it is your opinion for d fact that you love him with his religion then go ahead n marry him. For me i would not marry a christan if doesnt believe in my faith. If you re doing this for love stop that idea no matter what he promise until you believe in his faith then go ahead. I had smiliar case
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by Holamic: 10:09am On May 30, 2019
xapo:
No....pls look for somebody that share same faith as you. interreligious marriage is very bad especially with a Muslim, the disadvantage is much more than the advantage.

take their holy Quran and read what the think about you Christian,...........do u know Islam permit you husband to beat their wife, marry more than 3 wife.

dont use word like this to discourage the fellow cause of faith. So you want to tell me no christian has two wife n i will give prof but that is not the issue. It never written in d Quran to beat a woman please stop this blackmail n allow her to choose base on her own believe if he/she believe the person involved is worth it. She pratice the faith of his spouse simply becoz she enjoy the religion.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:31am On May 30, 2019
ladiesreject:
I'm not a religious person, but I don't think I have seen a case where a Muslim lady married a Christian guy. Am not saying it's not happening or hasn't happened, am just saying I haven't seen a Muslim girl do that.

Why Christian girls mumu like this? Even the ones in Zimbabwe are not wise either.

Travel down to the north (I mean far north) and see the hatred Muslims have for Christians. You dare not talk to any Muslim girl, I mean, she won't even give you one minute to start your lies. Your religion has already disqualified you from getting her attention.
But as for the Christian girls, they are already imagining how a Muslim dickk will taste like, how SADDENING!
AGAIN, am not a religious guy, but Christian girls (90%) of them are an absolute disgrace.

As for you madam poster, you're asking us if he's lying? To best of my knowledge about Muslims, I can tell without a single doubt that he is! Forget all these ones saying Yoruba Muslims are different, A Muslim is a Muslim. In fact, they are the worst.

After marriage, it'll dawn on you that you've been scammed.
He's free to marry three more women, hope you know?
He's free to divorce you with just a simple sentence, hope you are aware?
He's free to abuse you, I hope you know?

So many questions to ask.
Inter-religious marriage is not good at all, especially for a Christian lady. Already, you're from another country so it's going to be much, much worse.

muslim girls will gladly Bleep you as a christian guy especially if you are handsome...but they would never marry you...

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by Obiworld2020: 11:40am On May 30, 2019
My sister if you know you don't like Muslim and you're not ready to heat your head on the ground until your forehead turn to black, just remove your two shoes and start running now as fast as your legs can carry you before it's too late, failure to do so, you will regret it later.

Thank you.
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by Mutemenot(m): 12:03pm On May 30, 2019
It's not going to be an easy adventure for you. For me I 'll rather remain single than marry a Muslim cos he 'll not rest until he converts u officially ..muslim is a religion of compulsion unlike Christianity u choose urself
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by mytime24(f): 12:16pm On May 30, 2019
b ready for more iyawo's after u angry

Cuz muslim men hv every right to marry upto 5 wives even though he's living in one Room embarassed

U'll b d one taking care of urself nd ur children undecided

Before they come for me, not ALL sha tongue
if u're lucky

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by meobizy(f): 3:21pm On May 30, 2019
No.
I think you should marry a Hindu or Atheist boyfriend.
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:25pm On May 30, 2019
Don't marry, run for your life.
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:32pm On May 30, 2019
Any Christian who wants to marry a Muslim denies his faith.

Co-exist peacefully with all men doesn't mean you should be yoked with all men.

Now I understand why the Bible talks about spewing out lukewarm people.
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by samfuntua: 4:57pm On May 30, 2019
Zimgirl321:

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by BanjiRaymond(m): 5:06pm On May 30, 2019
it isn't a easy decision, religion is really important. Be ready for issues on it before getting married to him
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by extremelygolden: 5:15pm On May 30, 2019
Be ready to receive praying mat and kettle on your wedding night. The implication is that that's the same night you might be forced to start using them and any further step into the church highly prohibited.

Did I mention that your name will be changed to Zainab or Amina?

My sister, seek the face of God thoroughly in this marriage matter, to avoid had I known.
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 30, 2019
QueenSekxy:
If he's a Yoruba Muslim, no wahala.
But Hausa muslims, hmmmm. Don't try it cos they treat their women as trash and most times, you will be kidnapped and sent to go bomb people.

But why is it very hard to see a Muslim lady getting married to a Christian man? It's always the opposite.

My girlfriend is a Muslim, I don't know what the future hold for us but I hope things work out well.

Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by QueenSekxy(f): 6:57pm On May 30, 2019
tommyken:

My girlfriend is a Muslim, I don't know what the future hold for us but I hope things work out well.

I believe you are Yoruba.
My dear, even if she agrees to marry You, her parents can never ever.
These people are extremists.
Re: Should I Get Married To My Muslim Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 30, 2019
QueenSekxy:

I believe you are Yoruba.
My dear, even if she agrees to marry You, her parents can never ever.
These people are extremists.
Am Igbo from the East but I reside here in Benue while she is a Nupe by tribe but we both stay here in Benue.
We have been dating for 2years now but I don't know if she will convert later that's why I say I don't know what the future hold.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Look! 10 Unusual Places She Wants To Be Touched / Have You Ever Being Slapped By A Lady Before / FYI Ladies: Did You Know Cooking For Your Man Means You're manliness-WHIPPED?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.