Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November (40101 Views)

Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Stanweezy(m): 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
Let it not be the case of once beaten will always be beaten

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by themonk(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
don't have time for a foolish retardeen that believes match fixing doesn't exist in heavyweight boxing.
You are an idio*t. I never said match fixing doesn't exist, I only implied you belive this particular match was fixed with no evidence, is that how your mind tricks you into not crying because your favorite opponent lost?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by maklelemakukula(m): 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2019
crowley:

have sense. You are paid weda you win or lose the same amount in the contract signed before the match. AJ name earns more revenue, so he earns more than his opponents. he wins or not, he earns the same. all boxers do. you people with little knowledge of how a sports work would just come here and be flaunting ur mumulity. you think he would want to have a lose in his record? you think everyone is driven by money? he earned 70mil pounds from his last 5 matches which he won. this was a debut in the USA. the money boxers earn are based on popularity and location. the 5mil earned by ruiz jr is the highest in his career. AJ lost fair nd square. a beaten man
ignore that guy with little knowledge spitting trash
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Sammyblaq(m): 10:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
Another arrangee match¿...

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by maklelemakukula(m): 10:40pm On Jun 04, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
don't have time for a foolish retardeen that believes match fixing doesn't exist in heavyweight boxing.
its been you spewing trash since
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by KuwaiitiDinar: 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2019
LuciferRamadan:

This part is a big lie.

Anthony Joshua confirmed himself that no rematch clause was inserted in the fight because he never expected to lose.

If the fight holds, it will be because Ruiz Jr. wants it to happen.
No one can force him.

If I were Ruiz, I'll avoid Joshua & cherry pick my opponents like he & Wilder do then fight him in 5 years time like Mayweather did to Pacquaio.

*spits angry

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-7095759/Anthony-Joshua-admits-didnt-ask-rematch-clause-Andy-Ruiz-Jr.html

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jun/02/anthony-joshua-rematch-andy-ruiz-jr

Yes , he must flight him , otherwise the belts will be withdrawn from him... the rule in boxing is... please go through the rules if your are a boxing fan
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Tejiriseth(m): 10:44pm On Jun 04, 2019
If you know anything about boxing history, you will no its not the first time it has happened.?

bigpicture001:
AJ is the biggest let down in boxing histort!
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
themonk:

People keep downplaying Ruiz because of his looks. Have you looked at the stats and facts?
Ruiz has 105 amateur fights and won 100 of them.
He has 33 professional fights and won 23 by knockout his only loss to Joseph Parker is controversial. I repeat Andy Ruiz is not a Joke, Joshua had no answers for his fast combinations, he knocked Joshua down 4 times in two rounds! This shows he knew what he was doing, he wasn't there to play, overlook Andy Ruiz at your own ignorance.

It is better for Joshua to retire and go and be enjoying his money. He should not force himself into using drugs or some powers so that he can win.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by trevorhorace(m): 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2019
YorubaWarrior:
Of course, there'll be a rematch. The first match was a win-win for Joshua. I'd have done the same... being paid to intentionally lose a match for the sole purpose of a rematch to generate more revenue. cool They need the hype and noise else, Professional Heavy-weight boxing will be dead like it did after the Tyson-Douglas-Holyfield era.

This is the Summary of the whole matter.
u took everything from my mouth

heavyweight championship was getting too boring and cliched. Needed to cause a major stir. nd ofcourse make real money. Come november and see how everything unfolds
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 04, 2019
YorubaWarrior:
Of course, there'll be a rematch. The first match was a win-win for Joshua. I'd have done the same... being paid to intentionally lose a match for the sole purpose of a rematch to generate more revenue. cool They need the hype and noise else, Professional Heavy-weight boxing will be dead like it did after the Tyson-Douglas-Holyfield era.
the most sensible comment of all. Only the intelligent would decipher this . Spot on bro.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by chukwugoziegi: 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2019
stagger:
I hope boxing has not returned to the era where the Mafia controlled and fixed fights as part of their gambling interests.

It has. The fighters are nothing but pawns in the hands of the Mafia.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 04, 2019
greggng:
I agree with wilder....he is overrated....not a true champion...
so, you mean you too could believe that shiit? Omg! I'm sure you'd also believe a loser in a fight could get the highest pay, right? AJ's height advantage alone with longer arms could spell doom for that guy. You'd not take this fact until you see what happens after the rematch. Can the Mexican face Klitschko the spoiler who was beaten to pulp by AJ? Maybe your comment was made out of sentiment but at times, when truth stares you in the face, you should embrace it
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by handsomebanana(m): 10:57pm On Jun 04, 2019
crowley:

have sense. You are paid weda you win or lose the same amount in the contract signed before the match. AJ name earns more revenue, so he earns more than his opponents. he wins or not, he earns the same. all boxers do. you people with little knowledge of how a sports work would just come here and be flaunting ur mumulity. you think he would want to have a lose in his record? you think everyone is driven by money? he earned 70mil pounds from his last 5 matches which he won. this was a debut in the USA. the money boxers earn are based on popularity and location. the 5mil earned by ruiz jr is the highest in his career. AJ lost fair nd square. a beaten man

The people here are extremely dense and so fùcking stupid that there's no helping or even correcting them.
I just read their bullshit, smile and shake my head because I can't be as nice as you were to the idiot you quoted.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Danizzy: 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2019
I have a feeling that d match was fixed. Dude made a lot of money from dat fight........ If you know u know.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by joshinto01: 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2019
Am suspecting America has hand in AJ loss, so dat Wilder can easily challenge the guy and claim all d belts. Cox with Donald trump, nothing is impossible on America soil.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Kyllahmc(m): 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
LuciferRamadan:

This part is a big lie.

Anthony Joshua confirmed himself that no rematch clause was inserted in the fight because he never expected to lose.

No one can force him.

If I were Ruiz, I'll avoid Joshua & cherry pick my opponents like he & Wilder do then fight him in 5 years time like Mayweather did to Pacquaio.

*spits angry

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-7095759/Anthony-Joshua-admits-didnt-ask-rematch-clause-Andy-Ruiz-Jr.html

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jun/02/anthony-joshua-rematch-andy-ruiz-jr
I still don't get boxing... So people get to choose when and who to fight when they are champion? It seems less competitive in that manner, i mean other sports don't give you that kind of choice and privilege.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2019
crowley:

only dull people knw what you mean.. there is no winner or loser paycheck in boxing. payment is agreed upon when contracts are signed. AJ party organised & called Ruiz party, so the contract terms would favour AJ. the amount each boxer would earn came out 4days before the match was fought. always do research b4 coming here nd start shouting y would loser earn more than winner. the more popular you are, the more u earn. abi when cardiff beat man united, they earn pass man united? norb their normal salary they get? norb the same salary wer they man united players contract they earn? norb the same revenue from stadium attendance they earn? same with boxing. once contract is signed btw two boxers, you earn what was signed in the contract. you only lose ur dignity nd teeth
Boxing isn't organised like soccer my friend. Earnings from spectators, adverts and promotions before and during the fight and what was agreed determine what each would earn. However, the winner still earns more , no matter what. It's similar to a tennis game. Why not wait until Nov rematch and see the drama. Can Ruiz face Klitschko and other opponents and challengers AJ had fought and defeated in his career without losing a single fight ?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Kyllahmc(m): 11:19pm On Jun 04, 2019
YorubaWarrior:
boxing na just business these days, gradually turning into WWE.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by sonofElElyon: 11:19pm On Jun 04, 2019
You need to Google and get the fact.. There is a REMATCH clause.. JOSHUA never said there wasn't.. You are as confused as your name!

LuciferRamadan:

This part is a big lie.

No one can force him.

*spits

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ORIENTATION101: 11:23pm On Jun 04, 2019
themonk:

You are an idio*t. I never said match fixing doesn't exist, I only implied you belive this particular match was fixed with no evidence, is that how your mind tricks you into not crying because your favorite opponent lost?
so tell us how a fixed match looks like? Since u don't believe this one
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by ORIENTATION101: 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2019
maklelemakukula:
its been you spewing trash since
fvck off my mention
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by otipoju(m): 11:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
LuciferRamadan:

This part is a big lie.

No one can force him.

*spits angry

Stop displaying arrogant ignorance. Joshua said he did not bother to ask if there was a rematch clause because he did not think of loosing.

When you challange a champion, there is 99 percent chance that there will bw a rematch clause with the purse percentages clearly spelt out. If you fail to honour it, the belts will be relinquished. Its that simple.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by planetx: 11:37pm On Jun 04, 2019
themonk:

LOL, the richest boxer alive, Mayweather didn't fix his boxing matches to lose why would Joshua. Most of you just spew thrash, Do you even watch boxing at all? Joshua didn't take a fake dive, did you look at his legs or his eyes? He was knocked down four times in two rounds. When you are diving do you get knocked down four times? Don't be an idi*ot
I was thinking the match might have been staged too until I watch the full fight on YouTube. AJ was done has early as the third round when he was knocked down twice and only the bell saved him from being knocked out cold. Boxing experts have said the blows he received behind his ears will cause a boxer to lose equilibrium and he was never himself after the third round.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by hermesprogidy(m): 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2019
gbadexy:
Let's see how it goes. I saw a clips of the fight yesterday and the guy just seemed too strong for joshua. He was built like a tank and was on the offensive without anthony's punch fazing him.
The guy just kept on coming forward cornering anthony.
That guy is a very tricky fighter with very fast hands. He beat Aj flat. That match was not fixed.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 05, 2019
LuciferRamadan:

This part is a big lie.

No one can force him.

*spits angry

So you and journalist know better than Eddie Hearn?
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Danwakae(m): 12:08am On Jun 05, 2019
If AJ like make him FVCK before going to fight again

All those yeye girls with big TOTO and baka go jst dey fall the mighty
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Danwakae(m): 12:10am On Jun 05, 2019
Olarewaju89:
Good news. AJ will scatter that guy fat stomach

That's if AJ no Bleep those white yeye Toto and baka before going to the ring like the first match
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by salford1: 12:18am On Jun 05, 2019
meobizy:
This is the worst decision he can make.
He should face some other guys to build back his confidence.
If Ruiz knocks him the Bleep out a second time his career will officially end.
Even if his career is going to end, the dude is set with all the millions he has made in boxing and the endorsements.
With this rematch, It's beginning to look like WWF. All acting and staged fight just to make lots of money for tje boxers and promoters.
Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 05, 2019
martineverest:
the most poorly fixed match ever

The match wasn't fixed. Joshua was beaten black and blue and the rematch will even be worse for him.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua To Have A Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 05, 2019
hermesprogidy:

That guy is a very tricky fighter with very fast hands. He beat Aj flat. That match was not fixed.

Spot on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kwara United Unveil Ribeiro Alves Lucas / Arsenal Used Odumodu Blvck’s Song "Declan Rice " For Declan Rice Announcement / Afcon Finals: Ghanaian Actor John Dumelo Apologises To Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.