Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice (9899 Views)

Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos / A Copy Of The Flier PDP Is Distributing In Lagos About APC? – Check It Out / Pdp Distributing Rice In Their Door To Door Campaign In Lagos. Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Kilode1: 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2010
Sad display of stupidity! Is this the best we can hope for? Really? This?

Did y'all see those mofos with belts and kobokos? Smh embarassed
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by naso2(m): 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2010
Kai, abeg make bros Jona manage dis him wife abeg. The woman fit go spoil market for 2011. Make she take backseat immediately.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Abuse: 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2010
Dame must be insane to have initiated a new sports where human beings are required to fight for food.All she would have done was to distribute small hand bags of rice and not share big bags that woman cannot carry.The only beneficiaries of the rice were mostly Policemen and Road Safety officers.I think their commands should punish the officers whom have shamed their forces.BIGUP DAME PATIENT JONATHAN!!!!!!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by honeric01(m): 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2010
What are her advisers doing for God's sake?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by anonimi: 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by T9ksy(m): 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2010
Posted by: Meldrick  

Quote from: damas11111 on Today at 12:18:45 PM

LIKE PATIENCE LIKE GOODLUCK.  ILLITERATES

YOU CALL A PH.D HOLDER AN ILLITERATE, IF YOU HAVE HALF THE DEGREES HE HAS, YOU WILL SUFFOCATE.

I suppose he should have called him "dysfunctional " illeterate then? 'cause from where am standing I can fathom what
benefit his PHd is to the masses. At any rate, shebi, UMYA had a Masters degree and we all saw how the people of Katsina benefitted from his multiple degrees after his 8yrs rule as their governor b4 OBJoke with the connivance of the sokoto caliphate, foisted him on the rest of the country. Thank goodness, the man snuffed it b4 causing too much havoc to the country.

Now, we have another "degree holder" at the helm of our political affairs and nothing has changed. Still the same ol' song, !
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by JudgeDredd: 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2010
Sadly, the purpose of the exercise - even if it had good intention - was defeated as a result of lack of organization. Same thing awaits the husband's administration if they don't get their acts right. The populace is watching, heck the world is watching. . .
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by agabaI23(m): 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2010
Shagari  politics of 1980s
Politics of rice distribution .
This is 2010
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by damas11111(m): 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2010
"YOU CALL A PH.D HOLDER AN ILLITERATE, IF YOU HAVE HALF THE DEGREES HE HAS, YOU WILL SUFFOCATE"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eh Yah! Sorry I forgot he has "Ph. D". But kindly tell me what to call a man whose "degrees" (or digress) have failed to make him have better judgement of situations, better and well informed decisions, or even better attitude and character.

Aren't you ashamed to even flaunt his "Ph. D" as an asset when he has clearly demonstrated, times without number, that he is not better than a muppet?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Orikinla(m): 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2010
YOUR FIRST LADY HAS MANY WAYS FOR MONEY LAUNDERING AND NOW AS A RICE CONTRACTOR AND DISTRIBUTOR.

SHE BE THIEF OH!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by princekevo(m): 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2010
If i ever see my mama for this kind of public disgrace created by Mrs. GEJ i will dismother her for life.  grin grin grin
This is absolutely humiliation . You steal from the masses and in return make them feel like beggars. The worst treatment anyone could get in life.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Orikinla(m): 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2010
YOUR FIRST LADY HAS MANY WAYS FOR MONEY LAUNDERING AND NOW AS A RICE CONTRACTOR AND DISTRIBUTOR.

SHE BE THIEF OH!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by nedu666: 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
This is very sad and shows why we are not maling any progress. if she had so much money and a little bit of common sense, she should have deployed this resources towards encouraging the production of rice in nigeria, thereby creating jobs, providing rice at cheaper rates, and saving forex. what does importing rice from brazil mean? creating jobs for brazilians God punish these people
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Orikinla(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2010
Two people died whilst scrambling for the bags of rice.

THIS IS THE KIND OF FIRST LADY THE FOOLS SUPPORTING GEJ ON NAIRALAND WANT FOR NIGERIA.

JUDGMENT AWAITS YOU ALL, TURN BY TURN.
I PROMISE YOU.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Ibime(m): 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2010
Its impossible to share 2m bags of rice in one sitting. This whole Naija@50 celebration is just an avenue for Jonathan to launder money for elections. There cannot be more than 50000 bags of rice distributed. If it was 2m bags, every family in Abuja would receive a bag.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2010
This is what fela called[b] '' Authority Stealing ''[/b]
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by honeric01(m): 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2010
^^^^^

This is not a Jonathan thing, it's the wife that's causing this uproar with the ministry of women affairs.

sucks.

I just wonder how this woman behaves at home when she's with GEJ
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by akwarandu(m): 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2010
After 50 years of independence,this is a sign of a failed state, may GOD help this Country.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2010
Well its a short term poverty measure
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by samm(m): 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2010
This post and the responses actually shows that Nigerians now have a voice and have awoken from their slumber. Atleast we now understand the foolishness of our leaders. How can distributing rice in such fashion with police beating folks with batons and citizens collapsing be a service to our country.
It is easier to distribute rice than implement carefully thought out policies that will positively affect our citizens.  I am fast loosing hope in Jonathan.  He might not be as smart as I thought he was. I am terrified to say that Babangida might be making the most "sense".  Oh, there is Ribadu. When will these guys start campaigning.  And why the hell must we add the "Dame" title for any lady that becomes relevant in Nigeria.
Pls people we must vote for the right candidates this coming election. we must demand more from our public officers. We should critically analyze each candidate and vote with objectivity instead of emotions.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by JAZES(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2010
Like i always say Jonathan is nothing but another PDP crooks in another form. Like husband like wife
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2010
YOU CAN SIT ON YOUR COACH WITH LAPTOP AND PAID INTERNET TO THINK ALL NIGERIANS CAN AFFORD FOOD, MANY NIGERIANS OUT THERE WHO CANT AFFORD A LAPTOP AND INTERNET ARE IN DIRE NEED OF THE RICE AND THEY ARE GRATEFUL, SO KEEP YOUR SILLY COMMENTS AWAY
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2010
EVEN JESUS CHRIST AND MOHAMMED CAN NOT RUN A COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA WITHOUT CRITICISM, CAN ANY OF YOU HERE RULE NIGERIA ? YOU WONT BE DOING THAT SHIT YOU DO ON INTERNET IF YOU HAVE OPPORTUNITY
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by GP15: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2010
PDP
government took the Nigerian security men out of their various posts to
hustle for bag of rice. They av impoverished d destiny of dis land & change must take its effect.It was a fight for ur rice and not for ur
right. What a paradox.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by doctorbabs(m): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2010
Na now she no she she go distribute rice for Nigerian, when she no she her husband wan contest. imagine the way nigerian are struggling for Rice, its shows poverty are too much on our land. chop rice now and suffer it for another yrears. am sorry for this country. is only revolution that can settle us. we will soon get there. one day baboon go go market he no go come back again. reckon day is nearer.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by bawomolo(m): 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2010
honeric01:

What are her advisers doing for God's sake?

does she look or act like a woman that can take advice.  we aren't talking about someone with the pedigree of hilary clinton or michelle obama here

this was a pure display of market woman mentality.  the pictures of policemen siphoning their share of rice while letting the stampede happen is even more pathetic.   

nedu666:

This is very sad and shows why we are not maling any progress. if she had so much money and a little bit of common sense, she should have deployed this resources towards encouraging the production of rice in nigeria, thereby creating jobs, providing rice at cheaper rates, and saving forex. what does importing rice from brazil mean? creating jobs for brazilians God punish these people

why are you guys shocked? what do nigerian first ladies do besides donating rice and sewing machines?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by temisafety: 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2010
Ehoo! cry

Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by bawomolo(m): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2010
why are they beating people with belts. na wa for naija crowd control.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by batiatus(m): 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2010
I said i wud not cry 4 nigeria but this event made me feel like crying. Fine we are poor but dat does not mean we shld be treated like this as if we are in darfur.what will interna community say abt nigeria
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by labiyemmy(m): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2010
So - its the government's fault for people going there to scramble?

What do you do in Nigeria that Nigerians dont scramble for?

Why are you talking as if you are not a Nigerian? Come on.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Kx: 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2010
Someday she ll distribute bags of pure water, bags of maggi, etc.
Is this a sign of the unwritten manifesto for their 2011 show?
To think that this woman parleys with Mrs Obama etc in conference is annoying.
What can she contribute in such gathering if all she can think of is distributing rice in 2010?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Beaf: 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2010
The giveaway of rice direct to the downtrodden was in good faith and is to be lauded. Everywhere in the World, govts give food directly to the poor, it isn't anything new, it was just done badly.
There should have been better organisation, so its a pity about the scramble. Organisation must be improved upon in any follow up event.

One thing is certain though, the fact that common sense broke down and there was a mad scramble only goes to show how dire the situation of the man on the street is. most people on NL eat what they want when they want, but the story of the average man is quite different.

The picture below, shows Michelle Obama serving at a US govt funded soup kitchen, where free food is given to the poor. . . Same concept, just much better done from decades of practice. We just need to clean up our organisation and Nigeria will get there.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/soupkitchen.asp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2nd Christmas Day Explosion In Jos. / House Of Assembly Summoned Bianca For Screening / 2023: Nigerians Will Reject APC Candidates If They Act Like PDP - Omo-Agege

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.