Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice (9897 Views)

Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos / A Copy Of The Flier PDP Is Distributing In Lagos About APC? – Check It Out / Pdp Distributing Rice In Their Door To Door Campaign In Lagos. Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by dustydee: 3:56pm On Sep 30, 2010
2million bags?how?how many people were there?what is the population of Abuja?where are the remaining bags?why share rice?does it mean we are hungry?many questions need to be asked of this government.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Beaf: 3:59pm On Sep 30, 2010
And this is Obama himself, organising food to give out free. Its the thought that counts.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post_group/ObamaNHHQ/CxKM

Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by dustydee: 4:10pm On Sep 30, 2010
^^^and those are hungry people by his side scrambling for the food.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2010
Beaf:

The giveaway of rice direct to the downtrodden was in good faith and is to be lauded. Everywhere in the World, govts give food directly to the poor, it isn't anything new, it was just done badly.
There should have been better organisation, so its a pity about the scramble. Organisation must be improved upon in any follow up event.

One thing is certain though, the fact that common sense broke down and there was a mad scramble only goes to show how dire the situation of the man on the street is. most people on NL eat what they want when they want, but the story of the average man is quite different.

The picture below, shows Michelle Obama serving at a US govt funded soup kitchen, where free food is given to the poor. . . Same concept, just much better done from decades of practice. We just need to clean up our organisation and Nigeria will get there.

Bros, the length you push to defend GEJ & Patience speaks volume.  The picture you just pulled {God knows how many hours it took you to get it} is symbolic. It is meant to preach humility in service. And most people you see there queuing up for Michelle to serve them a plate of soup are not necessarily hungry. These exercises are very symbolic in the US and western world. If Patience wants to serve, there are better ways to do that.  Not spreading rice like our 419 philanthropist  brothers
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Beaf: 4:19pm On Sep 30, 2010
dustydee:

^^^and those are hungry people by his side scrambling for the food.

That is why I said we need to be better organised. The thought of distributing rice to the needy is laudable, but the organisation was a sham. Things need to be done better next time.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Beaf: 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2010
jabbok:

Bros, the length you push to defend GEJ & Patience speaks volume.  The picture you just pulled {God knows how many hours it took you to get it} is symbolic. It is meant to preach humility in service. And most people you see there queuing up for Michelle to serve [size=14pt]them a plate of soup are not necessarily hungry[/size]. These exercises are very symbolic in the US and western world. If Patience wants to serve, there are better ways to do that.  Not spreading rice like our 419 philanthropist  brothers

Let my personality not be your business, tackle the issue at hand like a mature mind.

The idea of soup kitchen is to give free food to the poor, exactly as Patience Jonathan did. Learn what a soup kitchen is, before arguing about its function.

All the people that go to soup kitchens are the wretched of the Earth, they are poverty stricken, hungry and most times homeless; you need to get some exposure before making such ridiculous arguments.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2010
Beaf:

Let my personality not be your business, tackle the issue at hand like a mature mind.
All the people that go to soup kitchens are the wretched of the Earth, they are poverty stricken, hungry and most times homeless; you need to get some exposure before making such ridiculous arguments.
Now you are tackling the issue. Well done exposed man. If your madam actually wanted to serve like Michelle, she should have been there allocating the rice herself. That is the essence of service. You are certainly as exposed as the people you are defending.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by playmode(m): 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2010
As usual the first Lady has demonstrated that she would be best fitted for the position of a housemaid. She is neither intelligent nor articulate. A baboon in "buba" will do a better job than her.This is just an election campaign strategy that has gone terribly wrong. She is not concerned about the hungry people. She is concerned about buying votes. Like someone said here on this thread, judgement day will come and we will all be alive when Jonathief and his wife will be  executed at the stake like common criminals.

For those of you flaunting Jonathief's Ph.D ,please don't waste your time. We all know that degrees can be bought in Nigeria.Jonathief does not behave like someone who finished secondary school talk less of having a Ph.D.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by yeswecan(m): 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2010
playmode:

As usual the first Lady has demonstrated that she would be best fitted for the position of a housemaid. She is neither intelligent nor articulate. A baboon in "buba" will do a better job than here.This is just an election campaign strategy that has gone terribly wrong. She is not concerned about the hungry people. She is concerned about buying votes. Like someone said here on this thread, judgement day will come and we will all be alive when Jonathief and his wife will be  executed at the stake like common criminals.

For those of you flaunting Jonathief's Ph.D ,please don't waste your time. We all know that degrees can be bought in Nigeria.Jonathief does behave like someone who finished secondary school talk less of having a Ph.D.

You can disagree with him politically but it’s not enough to question his scholarship. I personally think Patience will do more harm than good to the patient man.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by bawomolo(m): 4:41pm On Sep 30, 2010
Beaf:

That is why I said we need to be better organised. The thought of distributing rice to the needy is laudable, but the organisation was a sham. Things need to be done better next time.

is it hard for you to realize this was a PR stunt gone bad?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Beaf: 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2010
jabbok:

Now you are tackling the issue. Well done exposed man. If your madam actually wanted to serve like Michelle, she should have been there allocating the rice herself. That is the essence of service. You are certainly as exposed as the people you are defending.

In your hurry to get personal (as usual), you seem not to have taken the time out to read all I wrote. What part of the word "organisation" don't you understand?
Once again, the gift of rice is laudable, but things really need to be better organised. We will only begin to attain proper degrees of organisation when learn to see the good in doing things properly and above all, get exposure. You display the same sort of scrambling mentality in rushing to get personal and not tackling the issue at hand.

Here's one about Obama giving out free food, the difference is in our terrible approach to organisation;

[size=14pt]Obamas volunteer at D.C. soup kitchen[/size]

President Obama and his family paid tribute Monday to slain civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. by serving hot lunches to the needy in Washington.

The first family served lunch and spoke for about an hour with roughly 100 guests at the So Others Might Eat soup kitchen and homeless-service provider.

"We got a lot of struggle in this neighborhood," a man shouted to Mr. Obama as he entered the facility, in a hardscrabble section of the city just north of Capitol Hill.

Inside, the president, wearing an apron and khaki baseball cap, handed out pre-assembled lunch plates of chicken, potato salad, mixed vegetables and bread.

More here http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jan/18/obamas-volunteer-dc-soup-kitchen/?page=1
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2010
@ Beaf, You are surely a worse organiser than your madam, Patience. Check the caption of the Photo you inserted.

Obamas Volunteer ,  Did it say DONATE?

Just like someone asked you here, is it hard for you to accept that this was a PR stunt gone bad?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by bawomolo(m): 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2010
obama volunteered his time, mama (the hell is a dame) patience was donating imported rice from brazil well close to election time.   

It's funny how she has become a philanthropist now that her husband is running for a political position. all on the government's penny of course.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Beaf: 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2010
jabbok:

@ Beaf, You are surely a worse organiser than your madam, Patience. Check the caption of the Photo you inserted.

Obamas Volunteer ,  Did it say DONATE?

Just like someone asked you here, is it hard for you to accept that this was a PR stunt gone bad?

I guess you don't know the meaning of the word, "donate."

The bolded captures the essence of all I have been saying, so it is quite foolish for either you or bawomolo to pretend they cannot understand it and try to tell me what I have been telling you; the organisation was a sham. Do you need glasses to read that?

However, though the organisation was ridiculous to almost negligence levels, the thought behind the gesture was good and for many,  the rice was a Godsend.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by TewMuch: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2010
Beaf:

The bolded captures the essence of all I have been saying, so it is quite foolish for either you or bawomolo to pretend they cannot understand it and try to tell me what I have been telling you; the organisation was a sham. Do you need glasses to read that?

However, though the organisation was ridiculous to almost negligence levels, the thought behind the gesture was good and for many,  the rice was a Godsend.

Please stop the propaganda. What she did is wrong period. You dont solve hunger by giving handouts, you provide measures to where these people can provide for themselves. Agricultural education programs, and good loans for farmers so that they can till their farms and make food for the nation. This is just an expensive election propaganda, and a retarded one at that. A useless waste of money, and the people that need it will not get it. How barbaric for the police officers to beat citizens.

On Obama and Michelle, they are VOLUNTEERING in soup kitchens. The American government will never let them do wasteful spending like that. Soup kitchens provide food for the homeless, and the destitute. They rely on donations from people and are non profit organisations, just in case you didnt know. It is the citizens that donate the food from their own pantry. Not the Obama's, who just gave their time to making homeless people feel special. what is wrong is wrong. This would not make them win people's vote. We need change not the same old.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Beaf: 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2010
TewMuch:

Please stop the propaganda. What she did is wrong period. You dont solve hunger by giving handouts, you provide measures to where these people can provide for themselves. Agricultural education programs, and good loans for farmers so that they can till their farms and make food for the nation. This is just an expensive election propaganda, and a retarded one at that. A useless waste of money, and the people that need it will not get it. How barbaric for the police officers to beat citizens.

On Obama and Michelle, they are VOLUNTEERING in soup kitchens. The American government will never let them do wasteful spending like that. Soup kitchens provide food for the homeless, and the destitute. They rely on donations from people and are non profit organisations, just in case you didnt know. It is the citizens that donate the food from their own pantry. Not the Obama's, who just gave their time to making homeless people feel special. what is wrong is wrong. This would not make them win people's vote. We need change not the same old.

The first example I gave with Mitchelle was of a US govt sponsored food kitchen. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-522694.32.html#msg6850787
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by bawomolo(m): 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2010
Beaf:

what part of teach a man how to fish and not just give him fish don't you understand.  

are homeless shelters and food pantries necessary? definitely but those are short term fixes and not long term fixes. or would they be donating rice every month?

if the nigerian government can't even handle a simple food donation drive, then one has to be worried.  are our management skills this pathetic?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2010
TewMuch:

TewMuch pls Echo this well well. You are right. The more I argue with this guy beaf, the more I believe he's nothing but a Propaganda machine . So ardent in painting GEJ n his madam saints even when they make obvious blunders. Such a shame
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Beaf: 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2010
bawomolo:

what part of teach a man how to fish and not just give him fish don't you understand.  

are homeless shelters and food pantries necessary? definitely but those are short term fixes and not long term fixes.

if the nigerian government can't even handle a simple food donation drive, then one has to be worried.  are our management skills this pathetic?

Stop shifting the goalposts. It is about giving to the needy and needy people will always exist (as shown in a developed country like the USA).
And yes, our management skills are thoroughly pathetic. It will take years to fix things, no matter how well things are planned, we would still have the same rotten security services to handle things. There were also failures in Patience Jonathans women's association.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2010
www.nairaland.com/attachments/327482_patiences_rice_gift_jpgafaab169d11572fa8efaada6dad9a3c3

I'd like to see a video of how the policeman's shoe was removed.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Beaf: 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2010
jabbok:

TewMuch pls Echo this well well. You are right. The more I argue with this guy beaf, the more I believe he's nothing but a Propaganda machine . So ardent in painting GEJ n his madam saints even when they make obvious blunders. Such a shame

You really need to check the character deficiencies that make you attack personality rather than topic.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by bawomolo(m): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2010
Beaf:

Stop shifting the goalposts. It is about giving to the needy and needy people will always exist (as shown in a developed country like the USA).
And yes, our management skills are thoroughly pathetic. It will take years to fix things, no matter how well things are planned, we would still have the same rotten security services to handle things. There were also failures in Patience Jonathans women's association.

so when would she fix the flaws or is her market woman approach going to continue?

no offense to market women  grin
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2010
The Rice sharing goes beyound what the normal eyes can see. Some people with the third eye has alluded that there is a spiritual undertone to it.
Patience is merely fufiling the directives of on Babalawo somewhere.

Eat Patience rice and remain in chains Nigerian. That is what some folks believe. Given the dare devil things people do to say in power in Naija, I think there is more to Patience's rice "gift" than meet the eyes
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by homerac7: 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2010
You really need to check the character deficiencies that make you attack personality rather than topic.

WHAAAAAAT!!! OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked

cant ever freaking beliv dt ds is coming from BEAF!

I really dont knw who can be more guilty of same if not BEAF himself.

on d other hand, i hav always respected ur views on matters wc necessarily dont coincide wt my opinions. but since ds ur GEJ/ JEGA/ JAGA JAGA/etc fever started, not same can still b said about u bro. it's no crime to hold different opinions, but it's is a sign of terrible malady to be unreasonably intolerant to others contrary opinions.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Drunk: 6:00pm On Sep 30, 2010
janus05:

The Rice sharing goes beyound what the normal eyes can see. Some people with the third eye has alluded that there is a spiritual undertone to it.

Eat Patience rice and remain in chains Nigerian. That is what some folks believe. Given the dare devil things people do to say in power in Naija, I think there is more to Patience's rice "gift" than meet the eyes
Spot On! I don't know why people don't see beyond these and the impoverished and hunger stricken Nigerians would easily be lured by their gullible and wide open throats. See how people mortgage their destiny and future for a bag of rice. Did the press bother to report how many people died in the stampede. Same with what happens in Borno State, Kwara and some stupid states where alms are baits to get blood for their rituals. Oh! [s]Did i forget to say why didn't Andy Uba advise her on how he does his with a self driven car with no driver[/s]. Where are the Goodluck supporters. I pray you all and family fall victims.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Beaf: 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2010
homerac7:

WHAAAAAAT!!! OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked

cant ever freaking beliv dt ds is coming from BEAF!

I really dont knw who can be more guilty of same if not BEAF himself.

on d other hand, i hav always respected your views on matters wc necessarily dont coincide wt my opinions. but since ds your GEJ/ JEGA/ JAGA JAGA/etc fever started, not same can still b said about u bro. it's no crime to hold different opinions, but it's is a sign of terrible malady to be unreasonably intolerant to others contrary opinions.

Abeg, go sidon jare! grin
Anyways, after the 2011 election, or after all traces of IBB have been removed from the electoral landscape, everything will return to normal.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by playmode(m): 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2010
janus05:

Seconded,

Though it may seem far fetched to some,the fact that two people died gives one reason to be concerned.Who knows maybe that is their own style of rituals.Sacrifice human blood to win elections. undecided
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by bawomolo(m): 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2010
janus05:

lol naija people don come.

how juju enter brazilian rice?
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Beaf: 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2010
janus05:

The discussion is now farcical. Juju ke?! shocked
Please lets keep it mature. Next thing, we'll hear that Uncle Joe's cap na jass!
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 30, 2010
Thievies in power. . .cheap opportunists misusing a golden opportunity God gave them !
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by Reference(m): 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2010
The poverty we have in Nigeria is not one of bread and butter but of ideas and sincerity. If that bag of rice will bring about change I think she should take one home and share some with members of her husband cabinet, probably lift it up to God and multiply it to feed the entire nation. Maybe some bags will turn to cement and bitumen to patch the roads and build schools. Maybe some will turn to school tables and text books. Perhaps some will turn to bandages and drugs while others form transformers and electric poles. I would like some rice to turn to privatised enterprises and a few grains to handcuffs, ah noooo it may just clasp my wrists. Hmmmm, your Excellencess (permit me), when people are starved for long emergency responders do not rush food, they carefully administer fluids first or the dying will die. Nigerians do not need charity, we need justice, equity and opportunity. We are enterprising enough to create wealth. You give us 2,000 bags of rice and spend billions on waste. You really need to eat some for deliverance.
Re: Dame Patience Jonathan Is Distributing Rice by monkeyleg: 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2010
Same ole, Same ole. Rice and Garri politics once again, And who is at the heart of it? GJ. Things never chnage. Anyone who thinks voting for GJ represents change, is in for a rude awakening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed And Ngige At The Tourism National Summit 2016 (photos) / Call On President Buhari By PDP To Sack Amaechi, Onu Frivolous,mischievous – APC / NMDPRA: Nigeria’s Gas Reserves Have Reached 209.5 TC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.