Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,937 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25660 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by paulex: 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2010
MEND!!! well, 2 me, dat waznt a terrorist attack nor bombing. Its just a mere warning 2 d fed gov. Attention! Attention!! Attention!!!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Mobinga: 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2010
paulex:

MEND!!! well, 2 me, dat waznt a terrorist attack nor bombing. Its just a mere warning 2 d fed gov. Attention! Attention!! Attention!!!
angry angry
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by DASLEEKY: 3:35pm On Oct 01, 2010
Mobinga:

angry angry
paulex:

WORD!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2010
Wrong venue though. But it shows that MEND means business. Our thieving politicians better be careful.

And MEND DID WARN THE PEOPLE!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bolaji4lyf: 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2010
lol
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Ossaifamous(m): 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2010
We don't have anything to celebrate and as far as those lives lost are concernedI would say am sorry .
But Jonathan is just another clog in the machine , or why should he approve billions tp celebrate when we are still a poor ,
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by toluxa1(m): 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2010
na_so:

source please.

BBC News (Radio)
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by gentleasia(m): 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2010
All of you who dis-agreed with the actions of MEND today are bastard and darkness shall you remain forever, If your parents has offered you good life as a result of stolen wealth from the government, I repeat again God punish you.
My reason for the above statement will be seen when you click on the link before to see for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siSb3QGNK5E

Until we come out and fight as one, there will not be peace in Nigeria, thief dey thief everyday, make una sit-down dey look, foolishness nor be our portion we the southern.

God help us.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by OAM4J: 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2010
I have always supported many of MEND's operations. But this particular one is totally uncalled for and they were really ill-advised

Going to Abuja to kill innocent people is insensitive, callous and nothing short of wickedness. For God sake what point are they trying to make that warranted killing innocent people?

And let no one tell me there was a warning cos MEND surely do know as well as I that not many Nigerians read or listen to the news.

Mend have just lost a supporter in me. This is rather unfortunate. My sympathy to the family that lost their loved ones in this senseless killings. sad angry cry
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by kulutempa: 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2010
I only wish Nigerians would start going after thieving governors and politicians in this manner and make their lives as miserable as they have made lives of  millions of Nigerians since independence.  Maybe we would then begin to see the positive changes we crave for in this country.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Pataki: 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2010
paulex:

A mere warning? So what constitutes a terrorist attack to you peeps? Citizens of it's own country bombing their fellow citizen on a day that should supposedly be marked for sober reflections.

Seriously, GEJ is loosing the plot. He is not only a president, he is also a tribesman to this group I refer to as: The Harbinger of National Terror. I would thoroughly ashamed as a Nigerian if any party/celebration takes place in Aso Rock tonight.

We never learn, we never listen. This group did make out threats. Our leaders chose to ignore their threat. I am even more disgusted with the rubbish being spewed from FFK's spokesperson. Total heap of applesauce and insult on the nation of Nigeria.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by slap1(m): 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2010
bolaji4lyf:

lol
Yeah, plus rotflmao, they are the words that will be on everybody's lips the day u'll die. Morbid vampire.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
ThatBoy:

[size=20pt]Good work MEND. As for the innocent people killed, sorry. I know quite well that MEND warned people to stay off and they dared MEND.[/size]

This is d height of irresponsibility, Innocent people were killed and a fool like u comes up 2 commend those dat did such a tin. Who is MEND 2 warn people what 2 do with their lives, wheather 2 attend a ceremony or not?? u r telling me they warned people to stay away.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
But didn't MEND warn the people though?

Did they actually think they are playing?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bolaji4lyf: 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
really? God help us
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by adagz01(m): 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2010
No long thing. . More attacked soon
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Bastage: 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Wrong venue though. But it shows that MEND means business. Our thieving politicians better be careful.

And you think that the politicians are going to be careful? You're sadly mistaken.
Tonight the orders will go out to the police and the army to round up suspects in Abuja. Most of those will be innocent. Do you think they will be handled gently?
Tomorrow or the next day, the army will pay a visit to some of the villages on the fringes of the ND. Do you think that the people in those villages will be treated well?

The politicians are not going to be "careful". They are going to do the same as MEND did. And it's down to MEND that the pot was stirred in the first place. No good can ever come of terrorism. Plain and simple fact.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by OAM4J: 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

How many people read or listen to the news in Nigeria or have access to internet like you?

MEND should have known better that the victims of this kind of attacks will be innocent people
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Can i just come up and warn u not 2 leave ur house, wat r u talking about??/ Who's MEND 2 warn pipo nt 2 go about their daily business?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Oba234: 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2010
wow, MEND is an evil organization. Why kill innocent people? To the I.D.I.O.T.S that support this act of terrorism, I wonder if you will say the same thing if your father, mother, sister or brother was one of the people killed by the bomb.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2010
OAM4JENNY

Ba wo ni grin grin
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by BinghiNya(m): 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
The revolution we envisage is gradually coming soon. Big up MEND.Thats my own opinion. The Nigerian state has used its might on defenseless Nigerians, Bob marley said everyday the bucket goes to the well, one day the bottom will drop out. God bless the dead.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by zenus(m): 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2010
It's time to sweep away these so called MEND.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Oba234: 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

so because of Mend, innocent people should stop their daily routine. MEND wanted to killed innocent people or they wouldn't have planted the bomb. How many politicians were they planning on killing by putting a bomb in the trashcan. Their goal was to target civilians.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by uwaifiokun: 3:49pm On Oct 01, 2010
Instead of MENDING are BENDING. I will never support this cowardly act.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2010
to all the supporters of mend

oya tell me - which politician was killed?

which crooked politician has mend ever killed or kidnapped?

it is always civilians /innocents that are killed/kidnapped

so what exactly are you celebrating?

the politicians will double their guard, buy bigger bulletproof jeeps send teir families abroad, and thir life will go on

it will be the average citizen that will be condemned to a life of fear.

i almost wish it was those dear to you that got killed. lets see how much kudos o mend you will be able to spit through your tears  angry angry angry
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by DanWaziri(m): 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2010
OAM4J:

I have always supported many of MEND's operations. But this particular one is totally uncalled for and they were really ill-advised

Going to Abuja to kill innocent people is insensitive, callous and nothing short of wickedness. For God sake what point are they trying to make that warranted killing innocent people?

And let no one tell me there was a warning cos MEND surely do know as well as I that not many Nigerians read or listen to the news.

Mend have just lost a supporter in me. This is rather unfortunate. My sympathy to the family that lost their loved ones in this senseless killings. sad angry cry

Why Abuja and why today? Terrorism 101 - every TV station in the nation would be there, foreign dignitaries would be there, and Her Majesty's government would send a low ranking diplomat to grace the failure of Lord Lugard's creation.

This has generated more news than all the MEND activities in the last 10 years put together. Unfortunately the result is the re-engagement of the Joint Task Force and the extra - judicial killings that result when the Army is used to do police work.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by OAM4J: 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2010
jennykadry:

OAM4JENNY

Ba wo ni grin grin

am not happy with this mend people o jare

I dey sha. Thought you were banned locked up at yaba west  cheesy
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2010

is abuja their father's land?

they should bomb each other's villages in the niger delta if na so them life pain them reach.

anyway, na everyday for the thief and one day for the owner.

we shall see.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by slap1(m): 3:52pm On Oct 01, 2010
I really feel ambivalent about this. MEND's action was  a display of lunacy and and a lucid painting of the porosity of our security forces. They could have killed GEJ if they so wished.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by oweniwe(m): 3:53pm On Oct 01, 2010
If my papa use money for my school fees go marry another wife, i no go sidon look. I go talk, i go fight. Money for infrastructure, leaders de chop and we de keep quiet. Why can't we get up and fight for our rights in this country? No light, no water, bad roads, bad economy, inefficient security system, corrupt public institutions. . . EVERYTHING is bad. Rather than get up and condemn the leaders, UNA DE TAKE STYLE DEFEND THEM. When boko haram was busy killing people in the north, wetin the leaders do? When kidnappers de kidnap, wetin the leaders do? Don't hate the player, hate the game. Leave MEND alone jor.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by uwaifiokun: 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2010
Instead of MENDING they are BENDING.The deaths of these innocent people will hunt them forever and ever.AMEN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

INEC Officials Arrested For Mass Thumb Printing In Imo State / BREAKING: Labour Plans Nationwide Strike Over Minimum Wage / Hushpuppi: Kyari Not Reinstated — Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.