Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:37 PM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (26118 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by OAM4J: 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

They had the wrong venue. If only it was closer to Nigerian politicians. Would you be complaining?

Oil pipelines and installations only become a nuisance. It doesn't do anything in the long run.

they should target Aso Rock if they can, not where there are lots of innocent lives.

You think they will score more points if they had killed 1000 innocent lives at eagle square?

You and i know none of the bombs will affect any of the politicians at the square.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2010
jabbok:

When America prophesied that Naija will break up, some people who knew them well took them serious. the yankees can go to any length to make their prophesy come through. America is my #1 suspect on these bombings.

Do not blame America for this nonsense please. This is Africans vs. Africans.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sbeezy8: 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Ride on Beaf, ride on.

Now I understand why you fight so passionately about the Niger Delta. Because people turn a blind eye with the atrocities occurring in our region.

HAHAH THAT WAS dumb BEFORE NIGER DELTAAND SS ZONE was non existent according to you, now its your region?

Hypocrite.

MaziUche0:

Nigerian military is not going against another army like they did against Biafra. It is hard to fight organization such as these since they can blend in with the population and have no fixed location. This is any military's nightmare.

you GOT IT WRONG- you should know that Nigerian Army men are trigger happy and ready to jump at anything to  shoot and kill. Them getting rid of MEND is nothing and unrealsitic they know that BUT them being able to wipe out NDeltans and despoil women in process while being paid excites them enough to go and do it.- THATS LIKE THEM HAVING FUN.

Average Mind frame of a Nigerian soldier " well we cant find MEND lets shoot innocent young men atleast out of the 20,000 killed 10,000 will be militants or have family members who are militants.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2010
OAM4J:

Beaf, MEND got it totally wrong this time around. They were really ill advised.

With today's bombing they have lost many supporters and much respect

Let them blow up some oil pipelines and installations, I will understand not planting bombs that killed innocent people.

The loss of life is absolutely regretable. They will need to refocus strategies or give much longer warning periods, so that innocent lives are not lost.
I have the feeling that our security agencies must be overstretched for them not to have been able to take some staff off Eagle Square to evacuate the threatened area or defuse the bombs.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by seun001(m): 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2010
donclemo:

MEND are not fighting for the Niger Delta they are fighting for themselves. If they are truely fighting for Niger Delta have they ever used the money payed to them from ransom to do something in their community . all the money they have gotten from illegal bunkering and ransom are for their pockets  

spot on!!!they are self-centered thieves masquerading as saviors no different from the same govt officials that have robbed us blind.
Security in naija is non-existent yet since 2006,they have not attacked any corrupt official to put the fear of God in them. angry angry

we are just wasting our time. angry
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by davidif: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2010
[size=18pt]WOAH! WHAT A WAY TO CELEBRATE INDEPENDENCE.[/size]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11453668
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by OAM4J: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

You know nothing about revolutions

Cuban Revolution - Innocent people died
Russian Revolution - Innocent people died
French Revolution - Innocent people died
American Revolution - Innocent people died

Are you starting to see a pattern. There are always casualties of war. Not saying that it is right, but it happens.

The American patriots who fought in the Revolution were considered terrorist by Great Britain.

Do you consider what is happening now a revolution? cmon!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2010
OAM4J:

they should target Aso Rock if they can, not where there are lots of innocent lives.

You think they will score more points if they had killed 1000 innocent lives at eagle square?

You and i know none of the bombs will affect any of the politicians at the square.

Point taken.

But just imagine what is going to happen now. Around 7 ppl lost their lives today. (God bless their souls). Tomorrow thousands of Niger Deltans will lose their lives for this event. Does that make it right?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by labiyemmy(m): 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2010
They are cowards - suicide bombing inside the venue would have been more effective- but they dont want to die.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2010
oyb wants all ND people to be sent to the gas chamber.

oyb: disgusting and ridiculous melodrama. i always knew beaf had some sort of romantic persecution complex. [size=21pt]i can see all those nders being rounded up in cattle cars and sent to the gas chamber [/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-464527.32.html#msg6238782
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2010
beaf stop spamming the forum.

no be only you get computer.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bkbabe97y(m): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Point taken.

But just imagine what is going to happen now. Around 7 ppl lost their lives today. (God bless their souls). Tomorrow thousands of Niger Deltans will lose their lives for this event. Does that make it right?

Dude, for real, u need to stop smoking. Or, if u do, stop lacing your weed with crack; it not only kills the "high" but is also hazardous to your health!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2010
sbeezy8:

HAHAH THAT WAS dumb BEFORE NIGER DELTAAND SS ZONE was non existent according to you, now its your region?

Hypocrite.

you GOT IT WRONG- you should know that Nigerian Army men are trigger happy and ready to jump at anything to  shoot and kill. Them getting rid of MEND is nothing and unrealsitic they know that BUT them being able to wipe out NDeltans and despoil women in process while being paid excites them enough to go and do it.- THATS LIKE THEM HAVING FUN.

Average Mind frame of a Nigerian soldier " well we cant find MEND lets shoot innocent young men atleast out of the 20,000 killed 10,000 will be militants or have family members who are militants.

Did you see my post to Beaf? I realized that we are all fighting the same injustices. Igbos, Ijaws, Ogoni, Ikwerre, Ibibios are all suffering. The East is bleeding and it needs to stop.

And do you think what the soldiers will do is right? They will never gain the love of the Niger Delta. It will all come full circle.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2010
tpiah:

beaf stop spamming the forum.

no be only you get computer.

Sharap, miserable winsh.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by jayprof: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2010
tpiah:

the fact of the matter remains some nigerians will always be miserable no matter what.

end of. It's a state of mind and even if your village becomes paradise you will still find a way to make it hell.

china and india are still waiting for their own internal revolution till date. They turned their situation around through intelligence, not by bombing themselves s.tupidly.

Really brother, understanding the need for revolution and a country's history and geo-location is necessary here.

- China have undergone several stages of revolution/rebellion since the early 1900's (1911/1949 are only a couple of the major ones)
- India also underwent its own stages of revolution

--Also, there are rebel groups in China and India that still fight the government
---As far as geo-location goes, look at Saudi Arabia, one of the reasons most citizens choose not to revolt against The Kingdom's structure and manner of government is based on neighboring countries waiting on their downfall/weakness,

What happened in Nigeria today is sad but many will see it as a necessary evil.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sbeezy8: 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Point taken.

Whats the big deal didnt you say in every revolution lives are Lost. So its expected no Big deal
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ziga: 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2010
Very soon bombings will proliferate all across the country.

Just the same way the kidnapings started.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2010
No one said a revolution would be easy or not painful. People need to get it through their heads that a revolution in an African country will be very bloody.

But through the ashes will arise a much stronger nation.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Do not blame America for this nonsense please. This is Africans vs. Africans.
We get our own issues sure. But it is always good to take a broader view. I said they are suspects remember
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2010
jayprof:

Really brother, understanding the need for revolution and a country's history and geo-location is necessary here.

- China have undergone several stages of revolution/rebellion since the early 1900's (1911/1949 are only a couple of the major ones)
- India also underwent its own stages of revolution

--Also, there are rebel groups in China and India that still fight the government
---As far as geo-location goes, look at Saudi Arabia, one of the reasons most citizens choose not to revolt against The Kingdom's structure and manner of government is based on neighboring countries waiting on their downfall/weakness,

What happened in Nigeria today is sad but many will see it as a necessary evil.

You speak the truth as well. Another rider! Ride on brother.  . . ride on.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by otokx(m): 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2010
There is more to what happened today; did you watch the video footage on BBC? See people running for their dear lives.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ziga: 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

No one said a revolution would be easy or not painful. People need to get it through their heads that a revolution in an African country will be very bloody.

Go say that in Somalia.

Nigeria is not even united against a common enemy. We war amongst ourselves.

A "revolution" will result in massive unjustifiable loss of lives. A chance for one side to draw blood from the other.

be careful what you wish for bro.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 01, 2010
I can never support this kind of thing where innocent people are bombed. We know the people that brought Nigeria to where it is today, why don't you target them? Abi fear they catch you reach their side?

MaziUche0:

You know nothing about revolutions

Cuban Revolution - Innocent people died
Russian Revolution - Innocent people died
French Revolution - Innocent people died
American Revolution - Innocent people died

Are you starting to see a pattern. There are always casualties of war. Not saying that it is right, but it happens.

The American patriots who fought in the Revolution were considered terrorist by Great Britain.

If your family were among the casualties I don't think you'll be rationalizing what these people have done.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2010
ziga:

Go say that in Somalia.

Somalia was not allowed to progress, through outside interference.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Pharoh: 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2010
I think we have over flogged this loss of innocent life aspect of this crisis too long . . it is time we start getting to the root issues of our problems.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by truly: 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Wars, terrorism never turn out in real life as envisaged on strategy paper
Where is IRA? many innocent lives lost, armed struggle abandoned, objectives unrealized
Where are the Tamil Tigers? many innocent lives lost, the Tigers annihilated, objectives unrealized, situation worse than at beginning
Where is ETA? many innocent lives lost, armed struggle abandoned, call for discussion being spurned, objectives unrealized
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by DanWaziri(m): 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2010
Since we have made our Primary 5 English teachers proud with all grammar we have blown on this thread, can someone answer this question. Were any of those almost 1 billion Naira trashcans destroyed in this whole jubilee explosion?

Since we Nairalanders can't do much to affect the efficacy of Aso Rock governance then I propose we laugh and await the next event that unites our collective thoughts in how much our beloved nation has let us down. I am out.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2010
For the record, I do not support what MEND did.

However, I can see where they are coming from. You can't demonize that group without demonizing our federal government. End of discussion.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by naso2(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2010
Mend don fall my hand.  Surely an  ill-adviced move. cry cry cry
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by COOLDK(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2010
Hey! Seems the world is coming to an end. MEND vs Nigeria, Nlanders vs Themselves in battle words. God go punish anybody wey say make u no fight. Silly posters diverting the thread.
I know u idiot will abuse me back.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by truly: 5:53pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Somalia was not allowed to progress, through outside interference.  
Where is the guarantee that there would not be outside interference in Nigerian affair
At least with a global recession, the arms industry in America needs a growth opportunity in Nigeria
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

For the record, I do not support what MEND did.

However, I can see where they are coming from. You can't demonize that group without demonizing our federal government.
I'd have supported them if they had targeted the foolish politicians.

But innocent civilians? NO!!!! NO!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

Twin Bomb Blast At Phase One Jummat Mosque, Damaturu, Yobe State / Video: Cameroonian TV Hails Buhari Impeccable Timing Of Arrival / Ajimobi & Malika Haqq, Khloe Kardashian's Bestie Spotted In Warm Embrace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.