Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,221 members, 7,953,823 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:22 AM

Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating (6343 Views)

Poll: Rate President Goodluck Jonathan

Approve: 40% (156 votes)
Disapprove: 45% (175 votes)
Undecided: 14% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Jarus(m): 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2010
Jonathan is 5 months as substantive president and C-in-C of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria today.

How, in your opinion, has the country fared?

If you feel he has performed above average, pls click APPROVE.
If you feel he has been disappointing, please click DISAPPROVE
If you are undecided, let us know too.

Meanwhile, this has nothing to do with presidential ambition viz-a-viz other aspirants. This is purely on his performance in office.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2010
Confidence in the polity is growing,thats a positive sign
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by violent(m): 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2010
I have been a GEJ supporter all along, but I'm currently revising my opinion of him, he doesn't come across as someone who's poised to make and implement the kind of decisions Nigeria needs to forge forward.

All i have seen his administration achieved is mere talk. . .and more talk!

Till date, Nigerians still don't know who signed their last annual budget, and the president can't be bothered!. . . plus i'm of the opinion that the amount budgeted for the celebrations of the 50th anniversary is really ridiculous, i wouldn't want a President who can't be prudent enough to apply the country's limited resources to sectors of high priorities!

and what in Goodluck's name were President's advisers thinking to have encouraged Mrs Jonathan to continue with her "My-husband-needs-your-vote-desperately" rice distribution strategy?. . . i wonder how many jobs the resources expended on such unreasonable projects could have created!

Jonathan is good man, no doubts, he's trustworthy {debatable} and likeable leader. . .i just don't see a President in him!. . .plus i seriously doubt his capacity to lead Nigeria through a serious foreign military attack.

and before people ask me any further, No, i wouldn't be voting for IBB, Buhari, Atiku, nor Saraki. . . all numpty crooks!. . .I'd rather stay home and play with my dog danny!
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Beaf: 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2010
^
Every single one of the problems you mentioned needs time to solve and quite a few have the potential to rock the nation if approached too early (e.g. Yar Adua's phone call or exactly when he died). Look at the amount of violence the PDP contest alone is producing.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2010
^^^

whatever happened to the 100 day whirlwind who solved fuel scarcity, nnpc solvency question, future power issues etc etc etc in one fell swoop?
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by brotherly: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Beaf
Dont mind them, they want 5 months magic.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by violent(m): 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2010
brotherly:

@Beaf
Dont mind them, they want 5 months magic.

I'm not asking for 5 months magic, and of cos, neither am i asking for a President who approves spending billions on waste bins and more billions importing rice from Brazil!

what next?. . .the president will prob want to celebrate Christmas at some point!

just remembered. . isn't it the same Jonathan that got a 7 billion naira house?. . .i don't want such presidents!

7 billion naira if spent at 200 million will build 35 state of the art schools with the the best technology across the country!

but hey no, our President deserves a good house!

1 billion naira if budgeted for student loans at 10 million per Nigerian child will see 100 million Nigerians going to school in their life time, guess what? we just spent the money on dustbins---quite appropriate you think?

Once again, I'm not asking for miracles, all I'm asking for is a man who is smart enough to make better decisions that will have a better long term value for the average Nigerian, surely, that can't be too much to ask, don't you think?

oh!. . i haven't even stated the amounts shamelessly spent on rice
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by naso2(m): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2010
violent:

I'm not asking for 5 months magic, and of cos, neither am i asking for a President who approves spending billions on waste bins and more billions importing rice from Brazil!

what next?. . .the president will prob want to celebrate Christmas at some point!

just remembered. . isn't it the same Jonathan that got a 7 billion naira house?. . .i don't want such presidents!

7 billion naira if spent at 200 million will build 35 state of the art schools with the the best technology across the country!

1 billion naira if budgeted for student loans at 10 million per Nigerian child will see 100 million Nigerians going to school in their life time, guess what? we just spent the money on dustbins---quite appropriate you think?

Once again, I'm not asking for miracles, all I'm asking for is a man who is smart enough to make better decisions that will have a better long term value for the average Nigerian, surely, that can't be too much to ask, don't you think?

Explain the text in bold please.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2010
One other angle that people are not looking at is that there appears to be an Omen with anything OBJ plants. We all know what happened to Shagari after OBJ rigged him into Power in 1979; followed by Yaradua in 2007. These Godsons have one thing in common - they didn't finish their tenures.

Can Goodluck break that Jinx when OBJ riggs him into Power come 2011?
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by violent(m): 3:35pm On Oct 05, 2010
na_so:

Explain the text in bold please.

pls refer to this link below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-371252.0.html
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Beaf: 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2010
violent:

I'm sure that spending money is sometimes strategic to maintaining the peace. It is just a few months from the Yar Adua saga, which if handled wrongly would have led to rivers of blood; but for some reason, we Nigerians seem to forget very quickly. The forces that held the nation to ransome during Yar Adua's time are deeply entrenched in every financial and power structure in the country. It will take time to uproot them and they have proven, time and again, that they can put up a very dirty fight; from the Jos massacre's to the military movements that accompanied the smuggling of Yar Adua back into the country. . . And now the bombing of our golden jubilee celeberations.

Removing the cabal will be painstaking, but it is the only way we can progress as a nation, because they have tied us down like an animal for sacrifice. Jonathan has done well in removing their tentacles, so they've wheeled all the biggest shots into the PDP race and even released a two week ultimatum for Jonathan to withdraw or witness unquantifyiable mayhem in the country and possible secession. Is the bombing part of their promise?
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2010
Beaf:

I'm sure that spending money is sometimes strategic to maintaining the peace. It is just a few months from the Yar Adua saga, which if handled wrongly would have led to rivers of blood; but for some reason, we Nigerians seem to forget very quickly. The forces that held the nation to ransome during Yar Adua's time are deeply entrenched in every financial and power structure in the country. It will take time to uproot them and they have proven, time and again, that they can put up a very dirty fight; from the Jos massacre's to the military movements that accompanied the smuggling of Yar Adua back into the country. . . And now the bombing of our golden jubilee celeberations.

Removing the cabal will be painstaking, but it is the only way we can progress as a nation, because they have tied us down like an animal for sacrifice. Jonathan has done well in removing their tentacles, so they've wheeled all the biggest shots into the PDP race and even released a two week ultimatum for Jonathan to withdraw or witness unquantifyiable mayhem in the country and possible secession. Is the bombing part of their promise?
I agree with you. Please I'll like you to air your view on the scenarioa I am about to paint now. Just your view.

Jonathan goes for total rebirth, dumps PDP, insists on one man one vote
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Beaf: 3:51pm On Oct 05, 2010
jabbok:

I agree with you. Please I'll like you to air your view on the scenarioa I am about to paint now. Just your view.

Jonathan goes for total rebirth, dumps PDP, insists on one man one vote

For the security of the country, Jonathan cannot decamp. He cannot afford to make any sudden moves, lest all the good work done to bind us since the Yar Adua matter, be undone.

Maybe he can decamp some months after the elections (if he wins). But, in this election period, its an absolute no-no and a call for confusion and mayhelm.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by CareTaker1(m): 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2010
I don't easily change my mind.

An accused remains or is presumed innocent until proven guilty

Jonathan can't be stopped.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by jodeci(m): 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2010
Call him naive,call him dullard,call him whatever u may choose.

He is the best among the list.

He may make few mistakes here and there,they are all part of growing/learning process.

he is a very humble person that always reminds us of how he grew up.

he will get my vote anyday anytime.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 05, 2010
hmmmmmm! what is the motive to take this poll[b] now?[/b]
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by naso2(m): 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2010
df2006:

hmmmmmm! what is the motive to take this poll[b] now?[/b]

Dont mind jarus, he wants to use the poll to advice ribadu, either to continue or pull out of the race.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Jarus(m): 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2010
na_so:

Dont mind jarus, he wants to use the poll to advice ribadu, either to continue or pull out of the race.
Was I not the one that opened the PDP primary poll where GEJ is dusting other aspirant?
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Igwe9(m): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2010
jodeci:

He may make few mistakes here and there,they are all part of growing/learning process.

supported
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by chosen04(f): 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2010
jodeci:

No one called him the above, his uncordinated actions and utterance is exposing him as such.

jodeci:

Yes, ofcourse he is better than IBB but badder (sic) than his Godfather-OBJ

jodeci:

He may make few mistakes here and there,they are all part of growing/learning process

Has he ever done anything right? Hope you dont consider the importation of waste-Bin (dust bin) as a learning process?

jodeci:

Yes, he is very humbly that he graduated with a Phd. in Zooerrorology

jodeci:

He may get 1 vote from you, but he has lost 30 votes from me and my friend
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by inme: 4:55pm On Oct 06, 2010
IMO, by the grace of God Jonathan will deliver this country from her bondage, any leader who rely mostly on human wisdom will fail woefully

IBB and Co should allow him to do his job, instead of tryin to confuse him with all sorts of bomb blast and false allegation

IBB and his nothern cohorts, no matter what u do, Jonathan will be President come 2011
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by sayso: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2010
violent:

pls refer to this link below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-371252.0.html

I like this,NL is the best.na_so are you ok?
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by info2009: 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2010
I support jonathan for 2011 president even if ibb and his follow north like it or not.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Jaytee67(m): 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2010
He is "good" and he also have "luck". That is why he is called Goodluck. Let us allow him to bring good luck to Nigeria.
I hope I am not campaigning!
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by MaziUche0(m): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2010
I am undecided. I am not one of those lemmings who follow each other off a cliff.

Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by princekevo(m): 5:47pm On Oct 06, 2010
My question to all my fellow Niger Deltans, Is GEJ the best SS could produce as a Vice or president?
I need an answer to question please. If 'Yes' then Shame on us, if 'NO' then we need to get our best to represent us. We cant afford to enroll our name together with the regions that kept this country backward since independence out of sentiments.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Faeb: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2010
princekevo:

My question to all my fellow Niger Deltans, Is GEJ the best SS could produce as a Vice or president?
I need an answer to question please. If 'Yes' then Shame on us, if 'NO' then we need to get our best to represent us. We cant afford to enroll our name together with the regions that kept this country backward since independence out of sentiments.

Are you real? What all progressive minds are set on in these epochal times, is the end of all tribalistic and regional thought; the end of zoning and shuffling. You need to key into that.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Mortiple(m): 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2010
@Violent
Sentiment apart, I totally agree with you.

GEJ is not different from IBB, Atiku, Buhari, Baba Iyabo, Yaradua (late), and the likes. He behaves, acts, lies, talks, looks, deceives, manipulates , like them. Nigeria politicians (including GEJ) have one common agenda - LOOTING.

Unfortunately, I will be constrained to vote for him, if the Presidential elections turns out to be a two-horse race (between him vs IBB).
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by princekevo(m): 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2010
Faeb:

Are you real? What all progressive minds are set on in these epochal times, is the end of all tribalistic and regional thought; the end of zoning and shuffling. You need to key into that.

What is regional in selecting someone i think is more capable to handle the job than anybody from any other region? Moreover you are not answering my question.
You call it tribalism or regional thought becoz you think SS can not produce some who is capable of bringing the change we need. Why then are we blindly behind Jonathan? If we put sentiments aside and chose a credible person, what make you think Nigerians wouldnt vote for him?
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by MrCork21: 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2010
JONNATAN GOOD LOCK needs to get rid of that IBO made cow boy hat b4 I can take him serious, Is he a Cowboy? (No oofeise)
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by jmslimx(m): 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2010
The Guy aint working , Just grammmer grammer grammer
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Faeb: 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2010
princekevo:

What is regional in selecting someone i think is more capable to handle the job than anybody from any other region? Moreover you are not answering my question.
You call it tribalism or regional thought becoz you think SS can not produce some who is capable of bringing the change we need. Why then are we blindly behind Jonathan? If we put sentiments aside and chose a credible person, what make you think Nigerians wouldnt vote for him?

That is what it is.
If similar sentiments from Yakasai and Ciroma cause you to cringe, why proffer the same?
If you feel GEJ is not credible, then you need to put your reasons together and forget about where he comes from or how people from his region think about him (doesnt matter a jot).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hausa Couple Doing Nigeria Proud in the World Of Pharmaceutical / 2019: INEC Plotting To Disenfranchise Ndigbo - Ohaneze Says / 2019: No Credible Presidential Candidate Yet For Nigerians – Onaiyekan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.