Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating (6234 Views)

Poll: Rate President Goodluck Jonathan

Approve: 40% (156 votes)
Disapprove: 45% (175 votes)
Undecided: 14% (56 votes)
This poll has ended

President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by eewule(m): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2010
wakies:

When you read the post of a notherner, you can easily find bias in their write up. For me, GEJ is the best thing to happen to Nigeria in a long while. His political uplift has brought hope for the voiceless. Years back i used to think that leadership in Nigeria was meant for, Yorubas, Hausa and Igbos but today GEJ emergence has given light to the Minorities in Nigeria. Lets stop the discrimination and stop using concepts like "MAJORITY and MINORITY" to destroy our country. Even if GEJ brings down heaven to earth, we will still have people who will talk. GEJ is the best we can offer now and for those who say they have lost confidence in him should eat their vote and stop telling us because for every ten of them, there are hundreds who wil still vote him. I'm very sure you wil regret not casting your vote when he emerges in 2011.

I agree, We Nigerians need to realize that as things stand right-now, there are hadly any better choices than GEJ. He is not as bad as those northern crooks like Atiku who's sole purpose is to retain Nigeria the way it has been over the years : chop-i-chop. Jonathan is introduced a level of equality amongst Nigerian and shows true interest in what his people are syaing, How many Previous rulers in Nigeria have ever initiated a medium by which they can be reached by the average Nigerian - Jonathan on his own, opened a facebook page (even if he may not moderate it himself) It may seem an ordinary thing but do you think IBB ATIKU or GUSAU would have done something like this, Imagine Obasangu with a facebook page where Nigerians can read his real opinions about daily govt events directly (in ya dreams)

The usual N igerian president will not think that way. Not when thay can be enjoying ultimate power in Asu rock, issueing orders to the ministers and enjoying big-man-life at occasions and events in there honour across the states.

JONATHAN IS DIFFERENT - HE MAY NOT BE FAST ACTING OR THE BEST POTENTIAL LEADER, BUT 8 YEARS WITH HIM PROMISES MUCH BETTER THAN WITH THE OTHER POTENTIALS FROM THE NORTH.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by HAH: 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2010
GEJ has lost it . if this poll was done like three week ago he might get like 95% but he is presently doing 42%. Na wao
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by chosen04(f): 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2010
juman:

I hate Nigeria. I hate being a Nigerian. I gain nothing being a Nigerian. Down to patriotism. To hell with one Nigeria. No to Nigeria. Yes to Odua nation. Yoruba leaders should negotiate with the federal goverment and let us go. Nigeria is not only a failed state, it's a dying nation. Why do we as yorubas be wasting away in a nation that nothing is working. And nothing will work. WHY don't we go seperately Please ask yourself, what do you gain being a Nigerian? No light, No drinking water, No good road, No good health facility, scattered education management, ALOT of CORRUPTION, no this, no that. And there is no possibility that these things will be available in next ten - fiveteen years time. Habah for God sake, I hate Nigeria.

Pls get used to 'IT'.

Your ODUA Nation had the opportunity between 167-1970 to be free from the 'axis of evil' called Nigeria, but they BLEW IT . . . . . . . . .

SO 'we must all be together NOW as members of one UNHAPPY FAMILY, HATING EACH OTHER and wishing we were APART' . . . . . . . . . . . .is that not the true meaning of unity in diversity in the naija context?
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by BigBro(m): 6:46pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ chosen04,
The truth is Nigerians especially (ordinary Nigerians) should learn to face and deal with corruption and corrupt leaders decisively. we seem to always cast blames on one part of the country or another for the woes of this country. In reality there are only two interest groups in this country " Those who run the affairs of this country and do so selfishly to benefit themselves and their cronies and on the other hand, those who are victims of their malicious actions (the masses). How are you sure if Oadua nation becomes a reality it is not going to be business as usual? are you saying all Governors and LG Chairmen in the S/W are not corrupt? It is terribly disheartening why Nigerians are reluctant to tell themselves the truth and act accordingly. We keep on shielding the wrongdoings of some people simply because they are from our area or because we speak the same language whereas these group of people do not reason to do what is good to benefit the same people protecting them on the contrary they continue to commit all sorts of atrocities against their immediate community and the country at large.

Honestly, we need to change our thinking. we need to begin to think as humans.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by bababuff(m): 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2010
No.
GoodLuck your good luck is running out.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by brilantio: 8:49pm On Oct 07, 2010
The Independence Bomb Blaster has succeded. If this poll was done last Thursday, everyone wud have approved GEJ. They've succeded in reducing peoples confidence in him. And it looked like a lot of people have been waiting for him to make the slightest mistake. How poor. Even something that was negligble (GEJ exonerating MEND) the silly notherners are already asking him to resign or be impeached. You know they say "You never know the value of something you have until you lose it".
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by M16: 10:37pm On Oct 07, 2010
JONNATAN GOOD LOCK  needs to get rid of that IBO made cow boy hat b4 I can take him serious,   Is he a Cowboy? (No oofeise)

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin. nice one
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by ogmyth: 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2010
I do not know why GEJ want to get Presidency at all cost is what happens to you.
And the Man like frivolous spending 10 billion for Independence, is it 27 billion for Presidential jet, 7 billion for VP house, Now Nigerian has fallen in good governace rating, because money sharing has started again. NASS is happy with GEJ because no one ask them to account for what was spent and unspent
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Ruq: 3:47am On Oct 08, 2010
Some Nigerians are blind i don't know why some people are so sure that this guy is really committed to saving Nigeria the guy doesn't move me a bit. when he realizes that a lot of peeps support his running for presidency,that's what's pushing him. it's not willingly
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Arysexy(m): 5:48am On Oct 08, 2010
JONNATAN GOOD LOCK needs to get rid of that IBO made cow boy hat b4 I can take him serious, Is he a Cowboy? (No oofeise)

ROTFLMAO Grin Grin Grin. nice one

r u on weed? seems ur mama fed u with cow milk? Ibo made gbowa kwa gi amu there!!!
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by JakeB: 7:54am On Oct 08, 2010
see https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527450.0.html to join the 1 million posts against IBB
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by JakeB: 7:55am On Oct 08, 2010
see https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527450.0.html to join the 1 million posts against IBB
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by jaybee(f): 9:55am On Oct 08, 2010
UNDER HON. GEJ. Few months after UMYA ??

Nigeria has dropped further in the ranking on governance index among countries in Africa.

The country ranks a distant 40th out of the 53 countries in the continent. She is also ranked 13th out of 16 countries in West Africa.

In 2009, Nigeria emerged 35th in the continent.

The latest position was contained in an annual governance index simultaneously released yesterday across the continent by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201010050130.html
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by cjfavour(m): 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2010
I will vote for him if he's contesting against IBB and Atiku only but if ribadu comes out my vote will go to him.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by ourview: 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2010
WITH JONATHAN NIGERIA IS IN DENGER, HE HAS A LOW IQ on important issues,

He said I know my people, is he telling us that the MEND that bomb warri during the NIGER DELTA PEACE meeting and the blast in Lagos on the largest oil depot he knows them,

do not know why GEJ want to get Presidency at all cost is what happens to you.
And the Man like frivolous spending 10 billion for Independence, is it 27 billion for Presidential jet, 7 billion for VP house, Now Nigerian has fallen in good governace rating, because money sharing has started again. NASS is happy with GEJ because no one ask them to account for what was spent and unspent
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by OmoTier1(m): 12:32am On Oct 09, 2010
The problem with most Nigerians is that they are quick to talk about the "blood spill" even before the sword is drawn! I do not think Jonathan has done badly at all considering what this country was going through just 4 months ago.

When I initially returned from the UK, my house used to burn 25litres of diseal every two-three days to generate electricity and now we burn 25liters of diseal for about two weeks and I have also observed that the electricity has greatly improved with constant power for at most 18 - 20 Hrs of the day. Only yesterday as I travelled from Abuja by road heading south, my hope was rekindled the more when at about 8.30pm I saw so many villages along the Abuja/Lokoja/Benin expressway having electricity and as usual, I saw that great spirit of Nigerians trying to make the most of it doing some night trading!

Am I saying this is the best we can achieve as a nation? NO Is my answer! But from these little improvements, I think we all can join hands with Mr. President to slowly but truly rebuild Nigeria. For once Nigeria has a President who can look into their eyes and tell it to them like it is and many Nigerians find it strange and some are getting uncomfortable with it. Watching the EDUCATION SUMMIT  the President recently chaired himself and seeing him talk, all I could say is ; " God give this man good advisers and Ministers that would help him realise the good plans he has already drawn out for Nigeria"
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by chalie: 8:18am On Oct 09, 2010
guess we shld give d guy time. 5mths is nt rily enough to assess sm1 in that position in a country like ours
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by OmoTier1(m): 10:11am On Oct 09, 2010
jaybee:

UNDER HON. GEJ. Few months after UMYA ??

Nigeria has dropped further in the ranking on governance index among countries in Africa.

The country ranks a distant 40th out of the 53 countries in the continent. She is also ranked 13th out of 16 countries in West Africa.

In 2009, Nigeria emerged 35th in the continent.

The latest position was contained in an annual governance index simultaneously released yesterday across the continent by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201010050130.html

You must be having a laugh blaming a 5 months old government for Nigeria's poor ranking in the Annual Governance Index! Let us be real and honest with ourselves, since GEJ took over office He has allowed most government agencies to function like they really should without due interference and I think if you are honest enough you will agree with me that poor governance in Nigeria can be traced to the fact that Democracy today in Nigeria is built around individuals and not institutions and GEJ is  not to be blamed for this!
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by jamace(m): 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2010
"We must look for the opportunity in every difficulty instead of being paralyzed at the thought of the difficulty."

-- Walter E. Cole, Korean War Hero
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by publisher(m): 6:33pm On Oct 11, 2010
ELECTRICITY HAS IMPROVED IN MY AREA BY ABOUT 55%, i think GEJ is doing something right.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Ruq: 2:45am On Oct 12, 2010
Plain blindness!! so light in your area already qualifies him a good president every thing is programed wait like 6 months after he gets crowned and see if it remains the same!
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by MKDON: 11:36pm On Oct 12, 2010
In 5 months, he has stabilized the price of fuel nationwide at d control price of N65/ltr n less. b4 him, fuel sold at above N70/ltr in d S/E n far North.

His 1 man 1 Vote project is highly commendable n is out of this country Nigeria. no Govt has ever preached this even against the wish of the ruling party who benefits from the fraud. its not an easy feat.

d power situation in d country has improved in just 5months. m aware that in a few weeks tym, they wld commence d test run for 1yr uninterrupted power supply.it is not a public knowledge.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 3:09am On Oct 13, 2010
Can we also have an IBB and Utomi/ Utopia[abi wetin be im name again] poll?
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by edoyad(m): 3:21am On Oct 13, 2010
^ You're free to start one, free world i believe. While i believe Pat Utomi would score very highly in an opinion poll, he wouldn't do well in a real presidential election. He is only popular with a section of the populale; the young educated type.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 3:50am On Oct 13, 2010
edoyad:

^ You're free to start one, free world i believe. While i believe Pat Utomi would score very highly in an opinion poll, he wouldn't do well in a real presidential election. He is only popular with a section of the populale; the young educated type.

So anyone that does not agree with his idea is uneducated?
So much for freedom of opinion.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by edoyad(m): 4:09am On Oct 13, 2010
Why don't you ask for clarification before you launch your attack ? He, Pat Utomi is more popular with 'young educated' Nigerians as shown by a poll carried out a few years back on Nigerian campuses on who they most admired as a role model.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 4:12am On Oct 13, 2010
edoyad:

Why don't you ask for clarification before you launch your attack ? He, Pat Utomi is more popular with 'young educated' Nigerians as shown by a poll carried out a few years back on Nigerian campuses on who they most admired as a role model.

That's because the large portion of Nigeria's population is stark illiterate. Going to school doesnt really change much. The typical nigerian would rather vote for IBB than an intellectual like Utomi.

A microcosm of this is the likes of Kodjo-Williams not winning the NFF chairmanship, losing to the likes of Sani Lulu.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 4:12am On Oct 13, 2010
this "poll" makes no sense anyway . . . 90% of those here would not be voting come the real election.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by edoyad(m): 4:15am On Oct 13, 2010
They can fly back home, vote and return. undecided
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 4:16am On Oct 13, 2010
do you think they wish to? Most dont care . . . most are largely ignorant of nigeria's history and politics. They just post here anyway.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by johndoe200: 4:17am On Oct 13, 2010
eewule:

I agree,   We Nigerians need to realize that as things stand right-now, there are hadly any better choices than GEJ. He is not as bad as those northern crooks like Atiku who's sole purpose is to retain Nigeria the way it has been over the years : chop-i-chop. Jonathan is introduced a level of equality amongst Nigerian and shows true interest in what his people are syaing,    How many Previous rulers in Nigeria have ever initiated a medium by which they can be reached by the average Nigerian  - Jonathan on his own, opened a facebook page (even if he may not moderate it himself) It may seem an ordinary thing but do you think IBB ATIKU or GUSAU would have done something like this, Imagine Obasangu with a facebook page where Nigerians can read his real opinions about daily govt events directly (in ya dreams)

The usual N igerian president will not think that way. Not when thay can be enjoying ultimate power in Asu rock, issueing orders to the ministers and enjoying big-man-life at occasions and events in there honour across the states.

JONATHAN IS DIFFERENT - HE MAY NOT BE FAST ACTING OR THE BEST POTENTIAL LEADER, BUT 8 YEARS WITH HIM PROMISES MUCH BETTER THAN WITH THE OTHER POTENTIALS FROM THE NORTH.

I couldn't have said it better myself. On the poll, most of the people on this board are not in Nigeria, they just come to get a taste of their roots.
Re: Poll - Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 4:18am On Oct 13, 2010
johndoe, you and ewulee must be joking. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fola Adeola Urges Support For Ogun State Government / The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) / Pictures Of Fence Where Charles Okah Escaped Prison From In Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.