Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland - Art, Graphics & Video (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland (60026 Views)

Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo / Graphics Competition: The Most Romantic Valentine Designs 2010 / Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by chrisme(m): 11:53am On Aug 14, 2008
I am proud to introduce to you a piece of work from corel photo paint.
These is the picture of micheal scofield interchanged for mine using corel photo paint.Drop comment.

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by bilie: 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2008
hi,here is a logo i did for a political party back in scool(3 years ago)it hand draw will apprecite if u guy can brin it out on photoshop or any software u use,nice work kemijisupser i mean d scool logo @eket.later

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Luminus(m): 3:07pm On Aug 20, 2008
Guys, excuse me for not jumping on the band wagon and patting y'all on the back and heaping accolades on you, but I haven't seen anything really worth cheering. Some guys have done some good work but that's all it is, borderline good. I thought this was supposed to be a competition. I haven't seen any logos that touch me on any level, just a bunch of hastily thrown together fonts and clip arts.

I think y'all should check out http://www.logopond.com for solid inspiration, then take a couple of days to sit back and do real creative work. This is not about tearing people down but about helping people to realize that they need to step up their game and not rest on their oars as local champions.

One Luv.
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by sabri: 11:36am On Aug 21, 2008
Pls all veiw my logo gallery.

it was when i saw this topic that i remember dat i have a lot of good stuff i hv not put together and i am happy this topic is been placed on nairaland

pls all post comments on them so i can rate myself and know how much more i can learn to get better.

Thanks love u all kiss kiss kiss

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 11:52am On Aug 27, 2008
@Sabri
Nice collection you got there. Enough inspiration for anyone seeking to perfect the art of logo creation. I'm especially impressed with at least 2 of em (I'll reserve my choice).

Maybe I should start working on my own logo collection too! cool
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by sojioguns(m): 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ sabri,
Great logo work. You will do very well in the industry. Where do u work now?

Sorry missed the footer in the pic. Centerspread? cool! I'm still waiting for the day I will do business with u guys.
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by ola4yinka(m): 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2008
kemji and and realborn u Guys are d bomb, i must confess u amaze me with ur talents in grafix, pls can u put me thru on how n what softwares i could use for these lovely grafix? pls guys mail with ur assistance thru ola4yinka1@yahoo.co.uk .
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by ola4yinka(m): 2:18am On Sep 10, 2008
hi peeps

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 8:52am On Sep 10, 2008
ola4yinka:

hi peeps

Nice try man. Like the font especially. But lemme add that that's not necessarily a logo. Just review some of the great works posted here and you'll see what I mean.

Keep trying and you'll grip it. Cheers wink
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by LEGURU(m): 12:53pm On Sep 25, 2008
A professional advice on logo design, must of the logo poster are not standard, avoid the use of Shadow as base because the Shadow will interact with the base color making your logo not have a unique color, even a company like ETISALAT is a victim of this, the arc on the logo is transparent, which in turn lead to printing problem in matching there color
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2008
Early logo for a dream company, back in my school days.

I agree that the use of shadows on logos are unprofessional but only if they are overdone! Also bear in mind that printing technology has also advanced greatly giving enough room to accommodate new innovations.

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by bizkit(m): 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2008
@sabri nnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by slimnike(m): 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2008
Hello guys, nice jobs out there. Please i need someone to design a logo for my company. MAYZ ENTERTAINMENT. Hope to see a sample. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by smartsoft(m): 5:27pm On Oct 09, 2008
Here is few i got, just as what sabri just talked view and let me know how i can improve as well, heheheh make i hipe small

Visual Designer : Somotex Nigeria Limited : Advert & Marketing Department

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2008
Reviving some of the great Graphics threads we had in the past! cool

Back in the days where Graphics guys and chics had passion for creativity - and not self righteousness! undecided
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by smartsoft(m): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2008
can't this tread be close
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 8:58am On Dec 04, 2008
smartsoft:

can't this tread be close

Can't all your numerous useless graphics threads be closed and your fingers banned from posting!!! undecided
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by sojioguns(m): 10:51am On Dec 04, 2008
Kemjisuper vs smartsoft.
Round 1 _______ Fight!
Guys grow up.
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 11:11am On Dec 04, 2008
sojioguns:

Kemjisuper vs smartsoft.
Round 1 _______ Fight!
Guys grow up.

@Sojioguns
Well I guess we all know who started it! Take a look at the no. of threads on this forum started by smartsoft. Most haven't even gone beyond a single page. I guess there's one of the reasons why "This Graphics Section is so boring" undecided

PS: I'll only fight smartsoft in a Graphics Battle!!! grin
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by ajayi1(m): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2008
Kemjisuper:

Can't all your numerous useless graphics threads be closed and your fingers banned from posting!!! undecided

This thread is well okay. Infact we can active most of the poplular thread. undecided

@ Kemi and Smart. Open thread and start your Graphic fight! grin
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2008
We're gonna need a pretty good promoter (like Don King) to make sure all tha Hype is generated! LOL grin

Tickets, seats, popcorn, every every should be on standby! Then we'll have the dreaded Graphics battle! cool
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by ajayi1(m): 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2008
Kemjisuper:

We're going to need a pretty good promoter (like Don King) to make sure all tha Hype is generated! LOL grin

Tickets, seats, popcorn, every every should be on standby! Then we'll have the dreaded Graphics battle! cool

Na both of you biko!!!
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by sojioguns(m): 12:58pm On Dec 04, 2008
The true strength of an artist is not in the muscles he shows off. Humility goes a long way in all that we do. When you humble yourself you will be lifted up automatically.
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 1:00pm On Dec 04, 2008
I'm a humble fighter, that's all! lol tongue
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by smartsoft(m): 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2008
second attack ! when sojio open up a thread and said section was boring  you actually indrectly attacked me  but overlooked that

Can't all your numerous useless graphics threads be closed and your fingers banned from posting!!! so i'm the useless poster right ? i don't like people who use negative words on me or they indrectly attacked me on what i do  " i'm not here to create a graphic battle thread with you or something ooo we have men and we have boys" again everyone designs but not everyone is Graphic Designer. i remain loyal  give me my respect man  i can reply your insult  but just give me my respect  like other people will wants respect
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by ajayi1(m): 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2008
smartsoft:

second attack ! when sojio open up a thread and said section was boring  you actually indrectly attacked me  but overlooked that

Can't all your numerous useless graphics threads be closed and your fingers banned from posting!!! so i'm the useless poster right ? i don't like people who use negative words on me or they indrectly attacked me on what i do  " i'm not here to create a graphic battle thread with you or something ooo we have men and we have boys" again everyone designs but not everyone is Graphic Designer. i remain loyal  give me my respect man  i can reply your insult  but just give me my respect  like other people will wants respect

pele grin
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 7:47am On Dec 05, 2008
Yeah sorryO! cry

I Didn't mean to make you cry! cry cry cry

Cheer up! grin wink smiley cool tongue kiss
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by OmniPotens(m): 11:06am On Dec 05, 2008
@Kemjisuper
Man, you seriously don't want to continue this long thread as peacefully as it stated. I think you should now forget it, as well as your intended battle. Search for somewhere else where you can start off a battle.

What is good is worth doing well. Your thread is on page 7, why not fight to get at page 14?

Check it this way. If I bookmarked this thread and finally came by to read up new posts and find out this battle of a thing, how will I feel? Happy or sad? I think my delete function will serve better.

Know what you are doing man. If you are pushed to do this, check if the person has a thread ranking what yours is then, ?

Cheers!
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 11:47am On Dec 05, 2008
@OmniPotens
No valid point made - like I said, I was just pulling smartsoft's legs cos I was less busy that day. If he's your brother, no offence! embarassed

As for the battle issue, I doubt you even understand the motive. It's really more of a healthy competition. Makes you think, challenge your creative skills as well as your opponent's and somehow harness your inner creativity. Ever heard of rap battles? I don't hear you criticize soccer battles between rival clubs - in fact it always turns out more entertaining and hyped up than regular matches. Similar to those. undecided

If I try to find an easier explanation for you we'd be sitting in a pre-school classroom cool

Cheers wink
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by OmniPotens(m): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2008
@Kemji
Nothing brother coming in here.

The way you are posing things here is kinda signifying that you are somewhat jobless and can just sit on your PC day in day out without really targeting at customers to work for. Not so good for your skills man. Don't let people think you are not how will I put it, "commercial". I hope you understand what I mean. You can put the competition thing in a better way and something good will come out of it.

Another thing brother, don't take it too personal here. But I pretty believe it is the duty of a direct or an indirect friend to tell you what your behaviour is seeming like. Don't let pride get into you at all. It will make you start loosing bid here. I foresee it and want you to guide against it. Don't spoil your good works. Just an advice.
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by sojioguns(m): 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2008
@OmniPotens, Just when I was beginning to enjoy the both of them looking very silly.
Kemji and smartsoft, I want to believe you are both adults. As an industry, we need to be able to work together, regardless of our differences. As a matter of fact, I don't like the topic of this thread. The graphics community is NOT a competition for bragging rights. After over 10 pages of the thread, what is your verdict Kemji? Who really is the best logo designer? Say for example you are crowned the best Logo designer on Nairaland, what will it profit you? It is more of developing the industry and satisfying ALL your clients in newer ways. Everybody will soon begin to look like jokes on this wonderful forum created by a young man with a vision. I come to this graphics section mostly for business and I have found a wonderful 3D animator that I hold so dear to me. He is always very happy to work with me and I always look forward to working with him. I cannot say he is the best I have seen but in recent times, he has the best attitude.
I have worked with several graphic artists, animators, editors, etc and have come to the conclusion that it isn't all about the skills. Attitude goes a very long way.
So if I were you two, I would make peace and move on with my career.
You are not trying to impress the "rival party". Nothing to gain there.
God bless us all.
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 9:17am On Dec 10, 2008
@Sojioguns
You may not like the topic of this thread, but that's the point! There's no Best logo designer finally. Why d'you think I didn't add a poll for voting?

Pride is also a good thing too mind you! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Who Dies In This Picture? / African Boy Creates Range Rover And Computer Using Wood (Photo) / Can You Read This In First Attempt? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.