Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah (9145 Views)

Senator Asonya-Adokwe Faces Sack For Faking Certificates / Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers / Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by OmoTier1(m): 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2010
@oyb: Analyzing all your post thus far, I sum them up as  SPECULATION & ASSUMPTION. FYI, the two main suspect are still be wanted and every trace of them is being pursued by the both National and International security agencies!

@chosen04: From your post in other threads and this very thread, I can conclude that you have a perpetual disdain for Nigeria which have beclouded your true sense of reasoning. More often than not, you barely discuss the subject matter on the thread; rather you go about trolling on what the FG can and can not do! Why don't you stick to the topic in the thread?

My take in all of these unfolding drama is Henry is proving by the day that He is a nutter, and He display in court follows same pattern of other illicit Arms dealers who have been tried in the court in he past.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by 5columnist: 4:44pm On Oct 15, 2010
What else is there to believe from this guy. Sold your brother for peanuts! Threw him under the bus because you seek freedom. You are so desperate to sell your brother talkless of a nation? Intergrity wise Okah lacks it all and I don't trust information he is pushing down our throat. Abi south African government are helping him hide something?

OYB eyes on you.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by tkb417(m): 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

My take in all of these unfolding drama is Henry is proving by the day that He is a nutter, and He display in court follows same pattern of other illicit Arms dealers who have been tried in the court in he past.
the sooner they get rid of the man, the better for the country

unnecessary distraction
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2010
na_so:

Kindly furnish us with your source that ben jessy and chima orlu are no longer wanted by the SSS? Do you know the names of the 9 other suspects so far arrested? People  just talk rubbish to defend their initial position.  Okah has now denied granting aljazeera the much celebrated interview, why not weigh this against your initial position here?

eh?

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/okah-i-am-innocent-1.686478?showComments=true

Nigerian former militant leader Henry Okah was expected to appear in the Johannesburg Magistrate's Court for the second day of his bail hearing on Friday.

In his previous appearance on Thursday Okah looked comfortable in the dock during most part of the hearing and shared a smile and wink with his wife Azuka Okah who was seated in the public gallery.

The court heard evidence from the State opposing Okah's bail.

“The accused had an interview with Al-Jazeera television network without authorisation from the police,” said State prosecutor Shaun Abrahams.

This was one of the grounds the State would use to try and convince Magistrate Hein Louw to refuse the 45-year-old former Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) leader his bail.

A military uniform, data from computers and letters confiscated from Okah's home in Mondeor, south of Johannesburg, in the early hours of September 13, were also presented as evidence during the bail application.

In his affidavit, Okah denied any involvement in the October 1

dual car bombing that claimed 12 lives in Nigeria's capital Abuja.

“I am innocent and I challenge the State to give evidence linking me to the crime,” his attorney Rudi Krause read from the 32-page document.

He was arrested in Johannesburg a day after the attacks, after being identified as being “the mastermind behind the bombings”.

MEND claimed responsibility for the attacks, but denied Okah had been involved.

A former marine engineer, Okah said although he sympathised with the struggle of the poor in the oil-rich Nigeria, he had never involved himself in any violence.

He faces charges of engaging in terrorist activities, conspiracy to engage in terrorist activity, and delivering, placing and detonating an explosive device.

He currently holds permanent residency in South Africa and earns a living through his security company.

According to his affidavit, police and the army raided his house twice. These searches, one on September 13 and another on October 2, were illegal and did not find any incriminating evidence.

Okah recounted how he and his family were made to stand outside their house while police seized their cellphones and computers. He also questioned the logic behind his arrest on September 13 and subsequent release.

The Nigerian government could sentence him to death if he were to be extradited and found guilty of the crime.

Okah was arrested in Angola three years ago and transferred to Nigerian custody. He was released as part of an amnesty programme offered to militants in the Niger Delta, the heart of Nigeria's oil industry. - Sapa

he has not even said anything - next is simply quoting excerpts from his diary. what exactly are you pro gej's on?

when last did the government announce that ben jessy and chima orlu are wanted?

or is that how its done? show their faces once and never again - or show their faces on the news every day until they are caught?

common company disclaimer any one who does business with so and so can run for weeks - but all announcements on our two bombers have ended.

what does that tell you?
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Abagworo(m): 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2010
It is either some commentators are insane or they were bribed and therefore dumped every form of truth.Okah is being framed and everything he is saying is simply the truth.FG is really afraid of the truth being exposed.You guys can't believe how Nigeria is run.Tompolo owns NDDC office in Port Harcourt.He is awarded non-existent contract and paid in advance.Anybody can walk into "Dappa Priye house" and verify what I have written.Henry Okah has refused to be bribed.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2010
chosen04:

Do you mind that dude called Dappssee . . . . . . . .Talking as if Nigeria is an Ideal country . . .

@Chosen or dumped. Better choose your words carefully. I'm not saying Nigeria is an ideal country and USA isn't either.

If your brain doesn't have a logic feature, I dont think you should throw it in my face
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by tkb417(m): 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2010
Abagworo:

It is either some commentators are insane or they were bribed and therefore dumped every form of truth.Okah is being framed and everything he is saying is simply the truth.FG is really afraid of the truth being exposed.You guys can't believe how Nigeria is run.Tompolo owns NDDC office in Port Harcourt.He is awarded non-existent contract and paid in advance.Anybody can walk into "Dappa Priye house" and verify what I have written.Henry Okah has refused to be bribed.
can you enlighten me pls?

has refused to be bribed? what are u saying?

pardon me, im very slow in catching up with intelligent people

why would the Govt bribe Henry

what truth is the F.G scared of?

tell us what you know
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2010
best is to watch this cyber fools continue their stupidity, even if jesus said something they will come here and criticize, i never see people like this before, shakes head and leaves,
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On Oct 15, 2010
tkb417:

the sooner they get rid of the man, the better for the country

unnecessary distraction

How can the man be an unnecessary distraction. The government was set to put him away for this and announce victory in solving the October 1st bombing almost immediately(in fact even before since Okah was first searched the very day of or day before the bombing) after the bombings took place. But for the delays, we are now made to see that the government never had overwhelming evidence for such a move in the first place.  And you call this unnecessary distraction?
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2010
Abagworo:

For lack of words to describe your absurdity, I'll just fold my hands, shake my head in pity
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by usbcable(m): 4:56pm On Oct 15, 2010
@oyb,
seems you know okah more than he knows himself.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by uwaifiokun: 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2010
This one reminds me of when Anini(a hardened armed robber form defunct Bendel State) and Osunbor were caught after terrorising the people and the state for so long; And out of the fear for the long arm of the law,having caught up with them,they started calling names.

I can assure you,my people,that it is finished for okah.Infact, i will appreciate it,if he is brought to nigeria and let's stone him to death. Chikina!!
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

How can the man be an unnecessary distraction. The government was set to put him away for this and announce victory in solving the October 1st bombing almost immediately(in fact even before since Okah was first searched the very day of or day before the bombing) after the bombings took place. But for the delays, we are now made to see that the government never had overwhelming evidence for such a move in the first place.  And you call this unnecessary distraction?

Must you post? If we could put a face to this post, I'm sure your next best bet would be a facial reconstruction
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by tkb417(m): 5:03pm On Oct 15, 2010
df2006:

best is to watch this cyber fools continue their stupidity, even if jesus said something they will come here and criticize, i never see people like this before, shakes head and leaves,
who are the cyber fools? and who can be likened to Jesus in what is playing out in present day Nigeria

Okah?

next time you make this kinda statements, i'll electronically bludgeon ur ugly face with a sledge hammer grin
Kobojunkie:

you know what; i dont care about GEJ and the bomb fiasco

all i want is extra judicial cancelling of those blood thirsty criminals called militants/ ex militants

they dont deserve to live
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2010
usbcable:

@oyb,
seems you know okah more than he knows himself.

all i am doing is searching the net and posting stuff that refutes our fgs stand

this is my stand

mend is alive well, and ready to resume hostilities.

the govt is fully aware of this, but because they want us to believe that hurricane gej has full backing of the nd - they are struggling to push through one claim or another

tkb417:

and when you grant amnesty to criminals to dissuade them from perpetrating evil, they suddenly become a friend of the Govt?

what is warped in Kobos logic?

one quick question, did they grant Okah amnesty too?

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5435499-146/Okah_accepts_amnesty___.csp

Okah accepts amnesty

Anthony Smart with REUTERS reports

July 9, 2009 08:03PM

Nigerian militant leader, Henry Okah, who is on trial for gun-running and treason, has accepted a government offer for "unconditional" amnesty, his lawyer told Reuters on Thursday.

Nigeria's president, Umaru Yar' Adua, last week ordered his interior minister to extend the amnesty offer to Okah and promised to release him if he accepted.

"They offered it to him yesterday. Okah welcomed the amnesty," one of Okah's lawyers, Wilson Ajuwa, said by telephone. "We are in the process of finalising it. Hopefully, it will be resolved early next week."

He declined to say when he expected Okah to be freed.

The release of Okah has been one of the key demands from the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), the country's most prominent militant group that has launched an intensified campaign of violence against the oil sector in the last six weeks.

President Yar'Adua approved the immediate release of Mr. Okah before departing for the G8 Summit in Italy.

MEND reacts

In a quick reaction, MEND through its spokesperson Jomo Gbomo welcomed the release of Mr. Okah and also welcomed the appointment of Mr. Timi Alaibe as Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta affairs. Gbomo indicated a willingness to negotiate with the federal government following today's events. The full text of the email sent to NEXT follows:

The recent appointment of Mr. Timi Alaibe as the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs by the Nigerian government is a humble and welcome development that is in line with the two pronged approach of our current campaign codenamed Hurricane Moses.

With this channel of communication finally opened, MEND will put together it's Aaron team of frank negotiators to pass our demands and expectations to the President through Mr. Alaibe, a man we respect and can work with.

MEND does not believe the current amnesty offer is directed at freedom fighters because there is no room for any form of dialogue and the issues that provoked armed agitation was never featured.

We support Henry Okah's decision to accept any deal that will ensure his early release to attend to his failing health under the current circumstances. Since he has no weapons to surrender, the deal should be a straight forward one except the government has another trick up its sleeve.

back then all this okah is jomo gbomo noise was not being made
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by chosen04(f): 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2010
dappssee:

No government will want to have anything to do with an illegal arms dealer in the purchase of arms.
[/b]Is your below post a smart way of running away from your above Post? . . . . . .The words you used is ''NO government will . . . . . . . . .''

So in making that statement you didnt consider the other governments who didnt have an IDEAL SET-UP including Nigeria and was capable of dealing with 'illegal arms dealers?'' . . . . . . . . .

dappssee:

@Chosen or dumped. Better choose your words carefully. [b]I'm not saying Nigeria is an ideal country
and USA isn't either.

If your brain doesn't have a logic feature, I dont think you should throw it in my face
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Oct 15, 2010
tkb417:

you know what; i dont care about GEJ and the bomb fiasco

all i want is extra judicial cancelling of those blood thirsty criminals called militants/ ex militants

they dont deserve to live

How about the TRUTH? How about JUSTICE? Do you not care about those either?
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by tkb417(m): 5:14pm On Oct 15, 2010
oyb

Thank you for the links

its refreshing to know Henry agree to the amnesty program like the asswipes that flew that Jet to ABJ

i just hope all of them perish mid air when next they come visiting
Kobojunkie:

How about the TRUTH? How about JUSTICE? Do you not care about those either?
Truth and Justice will be served afterwards

let those criminals die first. we'll deal with the other 'evil' later

in maths, its called elimination by substitution grin grin grin
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by chosen04(f): 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

@chosen04: From your post in other threads and this very thread, I can conclude that you have a perpetual disdain for Nigeria which have beclouded your true sense of reasoning. More often than not, you barely discuss the subject matter on the thread; rather you go about trolling on what the FG can and can not do! Why don't you stick to the topic in the thread?

I have learnt to say the truth undiluted at all times. Be it against FG, Government agencies, Corporate organisations, individuals, members of my family.

If that means beclouding my true SENSE of reasoning because that i dont sing the usual songs of ''there is hope'' when i see no hope? Then you are RIGHT ON POINT. . . . . . .And Thank God, FG has never proven wrong for even a day!!!!!!!

Omo_Tier1:

And who doesnot know that OKAH is an arms dealer?. He is only saying how this particular receipt used as exbihit came about . . . . . . ,
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by abuc: 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2010
That means Alhaji Asari Dokubo has been right all this while when he claimed that the guy who granted interview
with Aljezeera was Okah Younger brother. Dokubo is an intellectual anyway. No wonder the conflic between Him
and Okah when Okah discovered that this Asari is famous and intelligent than him. Dokubo has been shouting out
loud for over 2 years now that Okah is a criminal who have taste for unmerited wealth. Infact, that's the main reason
why he hate him with passion. I think the federal government should appoint Asari To be a member of our intelligent unit
because he's more INTELLIGENT than most of them over there. PERIOD,
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2010
tkb417:

na so dictatorship dey start o

its setting a dangerous precedent.

some of us  are  cheering now because it is okah

tomorrow it could be any of us

take a cue of the fbi - when they couldn't nail al capone with murder etal - they hit him with tax evasion.

but they did not manufacture evidence or a case

manufacturing evidence is the same thing that did the oj prosecution in
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Kobojunkie: 5:21pm On Oct 15, 2010
tkb417:

Truth and Justice will be served afterwards

uumm . . . you are the same person lamenting that Truth and Justice was denied the whole country last year when these criminals were granted amnesty. Now the group has decided in some way to ostracize one of their own, probably for not playing along and you think by drowning out his voice, you will get truth and justice later on? Did you think this one through?
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by andyanders: 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2010
HENRY OKA IS A CRIMINAL AND MUST BE PUT BEHIND BARS FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. FROM HIS STATMENT, HIS IS JUST RESPONSIBLE. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. FOR ME, I WILL WASTE HIM.PERIOD. HE ACQUIRED 10 PRPERTIES IN SOUTH AFRICA. HOW DID HE GET THAT MONEY?
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by tkb417(m): 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2010
Oyb and Kobo

my stand has always been clean out these terrorists branded as militants

if the strategy is to start the elimination one by one- PERFECT!!!!

the last time i checked, Boma George has been eliminated by the people that used him

if this is gangsterism/ dictatorship- then thats the only panacea to lasting peace in the ND region and Nigeria at large

Those guys = menace to the society

get rid of them - all of them
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2010
abuc:

That means Alhaji Asari Dokubo has been right all this while when he claimed that the guy who granted interview
with Aljezeera was Okah Younger brother. Dokubo is an intellectual anyway. No wonder the conflic between Him
and Okah when Okah discovered that this Asari is famous and intelligent than him. Dokubo has been shouting out
loud for over 2 years now that Okah is a criminal who have taste for unmerited wealth. Infact, that's the main reason
why he hate  him with passion. I think the federal government should appoint Asari To be a member of our intelligent unit
because he's more INTELLIGENT than most of them over there.  PERIOD,

dokubo is an intellectual  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

wetin man no go hear for this nl --

abi you think by wearing beret u become che Guevara   cheesy cheesy

i always laugh when i remember his failed hunger strike when the fg incarcerated him - did he last 8 hours  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2010
tkb417:

Oyb and Kobo
the last time i checked, Boma George has been eliminated by the people that used him
if this is gangsterism/ dictatorship- then thats the only panacea to lasting peace in the ND region and Nigeria at large
Dude, I am sorry but that is silly way of dealing with the problem. You are saying we offer them a pardon for all the crimes they committed, pay them all free money each month, and then start  maybe to frame them, one by one, for crimes committed by other groups/persons in other to get rid of them? ROFLMAO!!!

Again, did you think this one through?

I don't think we are going to get anyway good until we start respecting the law in all we do. And we can start right now to get things right.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Ibime(m): 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2010
What does personal diary have to do with throwing under the bus. From his personal diary, writings like "God will give us victory" tell me that Okah is the only one with some conviction.

Am sure some Nairalanders will remember how Umaru sent Jonathan and Timi Sylva to SA to discuss with Okah when Okah had brought oil production to its knees. Okah was offered oil blocks to give up his struggle but he requested to nominate 2 representatives to join the Babagana Kingibe-led peace initiative instead. Now GEJ is telling us that Okah is not a member of MEND. Okah is simply the only one who refused to play ball and collect bribes and non-existent contracts to drop arms.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2010
tkb417:

Oyb and Kobo

we all want them hanged - but imho, it is best done within the confines of the law, and on true charges, not trumped up ones

what you're proposing is almost the same abacha and almustapha played out

today its militants, tomorrow it could be opposition politicians

this trial of okah is also looking like those abacha phantom coups

gej is just going to get embarrassed - as they have nothing that can stand in their case
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by tkb417(m): 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2010
oyb:

dokubo is an intellectual  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

wetin man no go hear for this nl --

abi you think by wearing beret u become che Guevara   cheesy cheesy

i always laugh when i remember his failed hunger strike when the fg incarcerated him - did he last 8 hours  cheesy cheesy cheesy
i intentionally jumped that post
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by tkb417(m): 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2010
Kobo and OYB

OK i agree grin
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by kobikwelu(m): 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2010
i am tired of these stories by dis man

he is loosing credibility by the day

first, it was the government hired him,

now, its this,

as far as i am concerned , he is a joker that is in a lot of shit trying to play highstakes political subterfuge, against highly placed officials in a lawless country like nigeria
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Solozzo(m): 6:26pm On Oct 15, 2010
As bad as Okah is . please do not underestimate the level to which corrupt nigerian officials can go to do deals to make money. It is possible that some of the diary entries are what really happened. They may have been making secret deals with Okah to purchase cheap arms and maximise profits for themselves. He may have suspected one day he would use this stuff and was making notes from his experience reading and watchig criminal stories. The SA police are taking the contents of the diary seriously and i think we should too. A guy like Okah is goldmine for corrupt nigerian officials who know no shame and are greedy for money. Is it not GEJ who exonerated MEND, why is Okah being picked up for frying if he did not possibly refuse a favour from govt quarters ? The truth would soon be known jare.

Okah may have been an executioner for some criminal govt officials of naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay / Minimum Wage: Denial Characteristic Of The Buhari Administration – Atiku / Fayemi Asks Eleka To Join In Efforts To Take Ekiti To Next Level Of Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.