Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah (9147 Views)

Senator Asonya-Adokwe Faces Sack For Faking Certificates / Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers / Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Oct 15, 2010
Solozzo:

As bad as Okah is . please do not underestimate the level  to which corrupt nigerian officials can go to do deals to make money. It is possible that some of the diary entries are what really happened. They may have been making secret deals with Okah to purchase cheap arms and maximise profits for themselves. He may have suspected one day he would use this stuff and was making notes from his experience reading and watchig criminal stories. The SA police are taking the contents of the diary seriously and i think we should too. A guy like Okah is goldmine for corrupt nigerian officials who know no shame and are greedy for money. Is it not GEJ who exonerated MEND, why is Okah  being picked up for frying if he did not possibly refuse a favour from govt quarters ? The truth would soon be known jare.

Okah may have been an executioner for some criminal govt officials of naija

This is part reason why I hope we demand for truth and justice even in this.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Pharoh: 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2010
Hope this get resolved soonest.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Abagworo(m): 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2010
Nigerian militants extend truce in oil region Militants from the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND)  patrol the creeks of Bonny river near the LNG plant in Bonny on the oil rich Niger  delta region in July last year. Photo/REUTERS  Posted Wednesday, September  16 2009  at 14 :48 LAGOS, Wednesday (Reuters) - Nigeria's main militant group said on  Wednesday it was extending a two-month-old ceasefire in the oil- producing Niger Delta by 30  days but warned the government an  amnesty programme had not yet tackled key issues. The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) said it  would allow more time for talks but threatened renewed strikes on the  oil industry if substantive negotiations were not held. The truce had  been due to end at midnight on Tuesday. "(We do) not recognise an amnesty that has not made any provision for  meaningful dialogue on the root issues that gave birth to the Niger  Delta unrest," MEND said in a statement. "The government should use this extension of time to do the right thing  instead of pretending to talk peace while arming the military for a war it cannot win," said the emailed statement. MEND, responsible for attacks that have wrought havoc on Africa's  biggest energy industry over the last three years, declared a 60- day  ceasefire on July 15  to allow for peace talks after the release of its  leader Henry Okah. President Umaru Yar'Adua has offered an unconditional pardon to  militants who give up arms by October 4 , the most serious attempt yet to resolve years of unrest which has prevented Nigeria from pumping  above two-thirds of its oil capacity. On Sunday, a government delegation urged key rebel leaders with links  to MEND to convince the militant coalition to extend the ceasefire for at  least another month to allow the amnesty programme and peace talks  to continue. Okah agreed in July to accept amnesty after gun-running and treason  charges against him were dropped and he was freed. Ateke Tom and Government Tompolo, core commanders of MEND,
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 15, 2010
Solozzo:

As bad as Okah is . please do not underestimate the level to which corrupt nigerian officials can go to do deals to make money. It is possible that some of the diary entries are what really happened. They may have been making secret deals with Okah to purchase cheap arms and maximise profits for themselves. He may have suspected one day he would use this stuff and was making notes from his experience reading and watchig criminal stories. The SA police are taking the contents of the diary seriously and i think we should too. A guy like Okah is goldmine for corrupt nigerian officials who know no shame and are greedy for money. Is it not GEJ who exonerated MEND, why is Okah being picked up for frying if he did not possibly refuse a favour from govt quarters ? The truth would soon be known jare.

the gej train wreck may have bitten off even more this time
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Beaf: 6:53pm On Oct 15, 2010
Solozzo:

As bad as Okah is . please do not underestimate the level to which corrupt nigerian officials can go to do deals to make money. It is possible that some of the diary entries are what really happened. They may have been making secret deals with Okah to purchase cheap arms and maximise profits for themselves. He may have suspected one day he would use this stuff and was making notes from his experience reading and watchig criminal stories. The SA police are taking the contents of the diary seriously and i think we should too. A guy like Okah is goldmine for corrupt nigerian officials who know no shame and are greedy for money. Is it not GEJ who exonerated MEND, why is Okah being picked up for frying if he did not possibly refuse a favour from govt quarters ? The truth would soon be known jare.

You are not serious. Do you know how arms are traded World over? Arms producing countries actually directly lobby other governments.
There are things called arms fairs were jet fuighters, bombers, ships, tanks and all the latest hardware are displayed. Governments are the chief guests and buy direct and at far cheaper prices than criminals like Okah can dream off. People like Henry Okah can only sell to home users and those who buy off the black market; gangs, terrorists, mecenaries and armed robbers.

Abeg, be more imaginative when manufacturing funny angles to a straightforward story.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2010
Beaf:

You are not serious. Do you know how arms are traded World over? Arms producing countries actually directly lobby other governments.
There are things called arms fairs were jet fuighters, bombers, ships, tanks and all the latest hardware are displayed. Governments are the chief guests and buy direct and at far cheaper prices than criminals like Okah can dream off. People like Henry Okah can only sell to home users and those who buy off the black market; gangs, terrorists, mecenaries and armed robbers.

Abeg, be more imaginative when manufacturing funny angles to a straightforward story.

thank you for again confirming to us what mend is
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by noibilism(m): 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2010
People should look at this issue from a neutral point of view.Don't say because you like a person you want to defend him at all cost.For me, there is something fishing between The President & Okah. The president came out hastily to say "They didn't do it",nobody is talking about that! Both Okah & The presidency have something hidden that we dont know. For IBB He is only a Joker, He can be Nigeria's president again in his dreams not in this life again.Let us be objective! Don't say because you like Goodluck Jonathan, you want to defend him at all cost.Don't trust a typical Nigerian politician,they're all the same.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by naso2(m): 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2010
noibilism:

People should look at this issue from a neutral point of view.Don't say because you like a person you want to defend him at all cost.For me, there is something fishing between The President & Okah. The president came out hastily to say "They didn't do it",nobody is talking about that! Both Okah & The presidency have something hidden that we dont know. For IBB He is only a Joker, He can be Nigeria's president again in his dreams not in this life again.Let us be objective! Don't say because you like Goodluck Jonathan, you want to defend him at all cost.Don't trust a typical Nigerian politician,they're all the same.

What is this one talking about? The president simply meant that the real MEND had accepted amnesty, and that anything anyone did now in the name of MEND was going to be punished as the real actors of MEND had accepted amnesty. The question you need to ask now is if a unilateral action by Henry okah , now translates to an action by MEND, just becuase he has the email access? It is getting clearer that okah did this bombing with a few mercenaries. If you know the crime rate on campuses, it will not cost so much for someone to involve a few cult boys with proper monetary inducement.

You still have not imagined why the govt had to prompt the SA authorities to search okahs home extensively a day before the bombings? Jonathan's statement simply meant that okah cannot commit a crime and hide under mend's umbrella.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by cooljade(f): 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2010
@ Beaf, You surely don't know a thing about the NIGERIAN WAY OF CONTRACT DEALING. As Solozzo rightly said, one can oly imagine how low government officials stoop to maximaize profit ever at the detriment of importing counterfit and low standard goods.

My brothers and sisters, if you do your search well into the arms importation you will find out that each government in power settles on one particular importer or arms. During Obasanjo era, arms and ammunition were imported by 2 isreali men, the owner of Mega plaza lagos inclusive. these guns are gotten from russia and ukraine mainly.

Not long , roughly 6 months ago when the contract for ammunition and weapons was about to be given by the defence ministry (the process of award of contract is never by tendering but selection from the presidency and you must be the presidents person to do this) , the isreali guys tried buying into the heart of the president but he didn't want to work with them for obvious reasons, he needed a contractor who would be loyal to him because jobs from the defence ministry and its parastatals are always 500% inflated - this is a fact.

To get down to the issue on ground, I would advice everyone here to keep an open mind and watch as the drama unfolds. Okah might just be a brutal tool of the delta
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Kobojunkie: 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2010
na_so:

What is this one talking about? The president simply meant that the real MEND had accepted amnesty, and that anything anyone did now in the name of MEND was going to be punished as the real actors of MEND had accepted amnesty.
This gobbledygook above makes absolutely no sense of any kind. What has amnesty to do with the existence of MEND today.The Amnesty package offered said nothing of dissolution of the organization. In fact the agreement was for a ceasefire, if I remember correctly. By the way, I thought we were already past this 'real mend'/'fake mend' silliness? 

na_so:

The question you need to ask now is if a unilateral action by Henry okah , now translates to an action by MEND, just becuase he has the email access? It is getting clearer that okah did this bombing with a few mercenaries. If you know the crime rate on campuses, it will not cost so much for someone to involve a few cult boys with proper monetary inducement.
No it is not. What is getting clearer by the day is that the government knows something of this that it has yet to reveal. The involvement of the South African officials in this is, in my opinion, main reason why this has been allowed to run for this long and will likely go on for a while.   The president was too quick to claim it had solved this one

na_so:

You still have not imagined why the govt had to prompt the SA authorities to search okahs home extensively a day before the bombings? Jonathan's statement simply meant that okah cannot commit a crime and hide under mend's umbrella.
We still have not discovered this evidence Jonathan claims to have of Okah committing this crime all by himself. Since the man has been linked to MEND in the past, it makes absolute sense to assume that it was a MEND job, until we can prove it was not. So far, all intelligence seems to point to this being a MEND job and not a lone group out there somewhere. Where is the evidence that it was not MEND, why is the SSS itself having a hard time providing information of this to the nation?  The President should not go around making baseless statements when investigations have not been sufficiently carried out, it is wrong.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 15, 2010
this is what u get when men rule over men, confussion, but only d most high knows who is behind all dis, but i think dat amnesty by yar-adua woke alot of dead worms, if not, all dis idiots disturbin d nation will still be on d run for their lives, how can militants be paid and graduates from dis same region remain jobless, what do u hope to achieve with dis singular act?
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 15, 2010
na_so:

What is this one talking about? The president simply meant that the real MEND had accepted amnesty, and that anything anyone did now in the name of MEND was going to be punished as the real actors of MEND had accepted amnesty. The question you need to ask now is if a unilateral action by Henry okah , now translates to an action by MEND, just becuase he has the email access? It is getting clearer that okah did this bombing with a few mercenaries. If you know the crime rate on campuses, it will not cost so much for someone to involve a few cult boys with proper monetary inducement.

you forget that the fg also granted okah unconditional amnesty in 2009
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by naso2(m): 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2010
oyb:

you forget that the fg also granted okah unconditional amnesty in 2009

Mend claims that FG was aware of the plot to bomb, Okah also makes same claim.

Now , except you think you have more info that the SSS, why was okah's home in faraway SA searched, when the tompolo's , boyloaf's were not subjected to such? Probably because the govt was able to track where the threat was coming from- Henry okah.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by mbulela: 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2010
Beaf:

I have never believed Okah for one minute and my previous posts bear me out.
However, i think your post above is erroneous.
arm sales is not like buying a car or a bicycle at trade fairs or at a mall.
the industry is a dark art and filled with middle men.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 15, 2010
Why is this man intending on dragging everyone down just to keep up with the Nigerian Govt?

What does his brother have to say to this? If what Okan says is right, why has his brother not been bought in for proper interrogation?

If what Okah says is a lie, can MEND continue to trust him? If a man can put his brother in this kind of jeopardy, what else can't he do?

Is Okah and his brother in good communication mode, or is there a problem between them two?

BTW, all his defenses are so weak and baseless, he should go and get a good lawyer jor.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2010
BTW I stopped trusting JEGA and his basketmouth "cabinets". So much stuff going on, scary when one can only see the surface and not the depth of it all.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 15, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Why is this man intending on dragging everyone down just to keep up with the Nigerian Govt?

What does his brother have to say to this? If what Okan says is right, why has his brother not been bought in for proper interrogation?

If what Okah says is a lie, can MEND continue to trust him? If a man can put his brother in this kind of jeopardy, what else can't he do?

Is Okah and his brother in good communication mode, or is there a problem between them two?

BTW, all his defenses are so weak and baseless, he should go and get a good lawyer jor.

i suggest you read the thread and not the topic

at no point did okah say anything to anyone about his brother.

those are excerpts from his diary being read out in court.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by LouisThoru(f): 9:25pm On Oct 15, 2010
Anyone sympathetic with this guy is nothing but a goat. Mark my word.

You will all be surprised that South Africa is not Nigeria and watch as he goes to jail.

That was how two of your stupid brothers caught with drugs tried to bribe the SA police thinking they are in America. LOL.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Osama10(m): 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2010
The FG knows what to do and how to go about it.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Sharonf(f): 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2010
MOST
MISLEADING
HEADLINE
[size=30pt]EVER[/size]

NOTHING WAS MENTIONED IN THE STORY ABOUT HIS BROTHER?
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Kobojunkie: 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2010
[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!![/size]
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Beaf: 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2010
Sharon_f:

MOST
MISLEADING
HEADLINE
[size=30pt]EVER[/size]

NOTHING WAS MENTIONED IN THE STORY ABOUT HIS BROTHER?

shocked
What about this?

‘Nearly everyone is a bounty hunter for me'
‘My brother, Charles has faked my voice and has been collecting money all this while,  he has been negotiating a ceasefire claiming to be me. What treachery is this?'

Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Sharonf(f): 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2010
So the al-Jazeera interview is true.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by reindeer: 12:07am On Oct 16, 2010
Depending on which Okah spoke,
Junior or Senior?Now its confusing!
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by samoks(m): 1:21am On Oct 16, 2010
@slap1,
why do you still believe JOMO GBOMO does not exist. You were told he had an interview with The PUNCH, but you said you do not agree with the interview.

If anyone could have access to that email, then why don't The Tompolos, Boyloafs of this world have access to it? They were just ordinary field commanders of MEND,while JOMO GBOMO is in the administrative helm. So lets stop fooling ourselves that Mr Okah is JOMO GBOMO,what happens when (if eventually) is put in Prison and JOMO GBOMO still speaks out? who will you say he is? Maybe you will call him GJ.

Until we sit down and settle our differencies, this collection of NATIONS called Nigeria will never know PEACE.

Why are we just doing selective JUSTICE, I see many of us here making biased comments,
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by peacesak: 1:32am On Oct 16, 2010
That has already happened. When Okah was in prison for about 18 months, Jomo Gbomo was always sending emails of attacks. I believe a few people in MEND top command have access to that email address Mr Okah being one. The ignorance some people display here is baffling.

After all the discussion and education going on here, I still hear some people saying anybody can send emails claiming to be Gbomo. shocked

We need to solve this problem with brotherly love.
samoks:

@slap1,
why do you still believe JOMO GBOMO does not exist. You were told he had an interview with The PUNCH, but you said you do not agree with the interview.

If anyone could have access to that email, then why don't The Tompolos, Boyloafs of this world have access to it? They were just ordinary field commanders of MEND,while JOMO GBOMO is in the administrative helm. So lets stop fooling ourselves that Mr Okah is JOMO GBOMO,what happens when (if eventually) is put in Prison and JOMO GBOMO still speaks out? who will you say he is? Maybe you will call him GJ.

Until we sit down and settle our differencies, this collection of NATIONS called Nigeria will never know PEACE.

Why are we just doing selective JUSTICE, I see many of us here making biased comments,
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 1:33am On Oct 16, 2010
Was this topic created by Aloy.Emeka? Him and misleading topics can never part.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Beaf: 1:36am On Oct 16, 2010
samoks:

@slap1,

If you don't know how email operates, you need to calm down.
You don't even need anybody's permission to use their email address if you know how. Have you ever heard of hacking?
But the fact is, you don't even need to hack. Ever heard of spoofing?

If you are not an IT guy, don't get involved with arguments about emails. Some of the arguments one hears here from sudden "experts" are just totally off the wall.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by peacesak: 1:41am On Oct 16, 2010
beaf
Trust me, you can spoof, hack or mask but any IT person worth its salt can unravel it with easy.
You need to have access to the email account to be able to send genuine emails from it.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Beaf: 2:48am On Oct 16, 2010
peacesak:

beaf
Trust me, you can spoof, hack or mask but any IT person worth its salt can unravel it with easy.
You need to have access to the email account to be able to send genuine emails from it.

Is the above meant to be a joke or what?

Have you not heard of at least one person who had that email account stolen and the password changed? What if the hacker decides not to change the password, but sends emails as they like and deletes the traces from sent items? Don't dabble into area's you don't know.

Does it even make sense to imagine that the original Jomo Gbomo mail account is still alive? The government would have ensured that yahoo closed it down, before or after the blasts.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by peacesak: 3:25am On Oct 16, 2010
Beaf:

Is the above meant to be a joke or what?

Have you not heard of at least one person who had that email account stolen and the password changed? What if the hacker decides not to change the password, but sends emails as they like and deletes the traces from sent items? Don't dabble into area's you don't know.

Does it even make sense to imagine that the original Jomo Gbomo mail account is still alive? The government would have ensured that yahoo closed it down, before or after the blasts.
Your post shows that you are not into IT but that is beside the point. However, who is the person you say had his email account stolen and password changed? I doubt the nigerian government can close a yahoo account. Yahoo is not a nigerian company neither is MEND classified as a terrorist group. So the nigerian government have no authority to ask yahoo to close any account of their customer. Big international media houses have the expertise to unmask the true source of any email. But non have ever said the emails they get from Gbomo was masked.

The warning was sent from the same Yahoo! email address and signed with the same pseudonym, Jomo Gbomo, used by MEND to claim both the independence day bombings and previous attacks on oil infrastructure in the Niger Delta.
In a follow-up email to Reuters, Gbomo said "we are giving the government about seven days' notice to put every security measure they have in place before we strike".
http://af.reuters.com/article/nigeriaNews/idAFLDE69E1V820101015?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=0

Above is a excerpt from rueters about the mail address gbomo uses. Like they claimed, this is the same email address the group have been using to announce all the attacks on oil installations. The email address have been active since around 2006 so i can't understand why you expect the government to have suddenly realise it now and acted just before or after the bombing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

$10m Found In CAN President's Jet Caught In SA / Justice Ademola And Wife’s Absence Stalls Arraignment / Terrorism: Nigerians Have Lost Hope In Buhari, APC - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.