Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship (1030 Views)

Are You In A Distance Relationship?is It Working For You?Pls Share Your Secret / How Can I Maintain Two Relationships? / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by blossom002: 2:29pm On Nov 02, 2010
Met this guy who came to do his Industrial Training here in Lagos and who happens to be a final year student of FUTA, we started dating of recent but i'm kinda scared cos he'll soon be leaving for Akure and i dont know how to cope with that,

please i need your views and advice as regards this
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by darellone: 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2010
Ummmmmmmmhhhhh lipsrsealed
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by Omolola1(f): 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2010
its a thing of the mind, am already used to it~
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by kokoye(m): 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2010
Akure and Lagos. . .not too far apart.

I am against long distance relationships, but not when ur talking about lagos and akure.

You guys can make it work if you put ur mind to it.

good luck.
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by bayor48(m): 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2010
Quit cos i'm talking out of experience.
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by Demdem(m): 4:43pm On Nov 02, 2010
I'v been in one (PH-LAG) for almost 5yrs now. we will be heading to the altar before the end of this yr. IMO, if its avoidable please avoid it but to be honest its possible if and only if both of u put ur hearts in2 it as it was in my case.
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by martina2(f): 5:12pm On Nov 02, 2010
Go for it! cheesy If you like eachother enough then you will find some kind of solution (try to see eachother as much as possible, call, internet etc) and hopefully it will not be a long distance relationship forever. I mean, how often do you find true love, or someone with good potential even? Good luck Blossom! smiley
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by Ireonsen(f): 12:41am On Nov 03, 2010
The distance is not bad.av done Benin-Abuja nd am doin Benin-Uk nw.althou is difficult.
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by mediatrix8(f): 1:56am On Nov 03, 2010
For 3 years of our relationships most of the time it's a distance love affair,just like now He is in Nigeria and I am in China but distance never hinder to show our love and care.We chat online everyday despite of the time difference of 7hours.If sometimes we can't chat on line due to some reasons,either of us will make calls.As long as there is love and trust binding the two of you, distance will never be a problem,

@ poster: show your love to him no matter how far he is, it's a moment to be more sweet and give him reasons to love you more each day kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by xynerise: 2:01am On Nov 03, 2010
@poster. Are you are student? If no then dont panic. If you gain admission you will forget him. Believe me. grin. Just kidding
On a serious note, que sera sera. That is all I can say.
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by Tinksh(f): 2:04am On Nov 03, 2010
Poster when you find the answer please let us know. I had a very long distance relationship and it was a nightmare. But i found i wasnt made for that sort of thing. Some are. The other comments are so right. If you both keep good contact no matter what you will be ok. Dont let anything stop you contacting. If you lose contact you will lose each other. I wish you everything good.
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by rawswagga(m): 7:08am On Nov 03, 2010
COMMUNICATION girl dats al dat matters den trust can follow
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by Funks(f): 7:35am On Nov 03, 2010
Different things work for different people. Long distance relationship didnt work for me but it might for you. Give all you can and if it's still not working, quit before it's too late. Believe me, I've been there.
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 03, 2010
Trust, patient, communication, trust again and love.
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by Akinagirl(f): 8:09am On Nov 03, 2010
It's very possible if you all are both serious and you all define your relationship, what you all expect out of one another. and of course how long is the distance will continue ie; how many months, years it will last. These things are very important.

Also what is important is communication. You will have to find means of communication maybe talk on the phone everyday, write each other letters, send gifts, talk online. All that is crucial to the longevity of the relationship. Of course you will have to communicate more often than you would if you all were like in the same city.

Be creative, find ways to show your love and affection toward one another. Make each other feel special. Also remind the person how much you miss them and how special they are.

Find time to meet up. That is also important. Make an arrangement on how often the both of you will visit one another and take turns with the visiting.

You have to be really strong because its not for the weak hearted. Its also better to have had a strong relationship prior to the split up, then straying would not be as easy if it were a fairly new relationship.

I wish you all good luck! smiley
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by onstelly(f): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2010
If ur guyz really love each other, u both can make it work cos am talking out of experience and besides lagos is not all that far from Akure.
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by blossom002: 11:30am On Nov 03, 2010
Akinagirl:

It's very possible if you all are both serious and you all define your relationship, what you all expect out of one another. and of course how long is the distance will continue ie; how many months, years it will last. These things are very important.

Also what is important is communication. You will have to find means of communication maybe talk on the phone everyday, write each other letters, send gifts, talk online. All that is crucial to the longevity of the relationship. Of course you will have to communicate more often than you would if you all were like in the same city.

Be creative, find ways to show your love and affection toward one another. Make each other feel special. Also remind the person how much you miss them and how special they are.

Find time to meet up. That is also important. Make an arrangement on how often the both of you will visit one another and take turns with the visiting.

You have to be really strong because its not for the weak hearted. Its also better to have had a strong relationship prior to the split up, then straying would not be as easy if it were a fairly new relationship.

I wish you all good luck! smiley
thank you all for ur candid advice, we both love each other dearly but i cant just watch him go its hurts weneva i rememba he'll soon be leaving Lagos this friday.I hope i'm able to cope with it, cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by MRMoneyE(m): 11:36am On Nov 03, 2010
MY OWN SUFFERED MANY YEARS AGO LESS THAN 1 YEAR IN UK, LAGOS TO UK HHHMMM, ALL THIS GIRLS GO PROMISE HEAVEN AND EARTH, EVEN CRYING AT THE POINT OF OUR DEPARTURE AT MURITALA AIRPORT, JUST FLY THEN NAH
DRAMA GO BEGIN, GIRLS GIVE UNA YHASH grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by zealot4me(f): 12:26pm On Nov 03, 2010
MR Money £:

MY OWN SUFFERED MANY YEARS AGO LESS THAN 1 YEAR IN UK, LAGOS TO UK HHHMMM, ALL THIS GIRLS GO PROMISE HEAVEN AND EARTH, EVEN CRYING AT THE POINT OF OUR DEPARTURE AT MURITALA AIRPORT, JUST FLY THEN NAH
DRAMA GO BEGIN, GIRLS GIVE UNA YHASH grin grin grin grin

NA WA OOOO
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by kay177(m): 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2010
zealot4me:

NA WA OOOO

ZEALOT AM BACK STILL MR MONEY £ JUST BEING BANNED BY HATERS MOD, NA YOU CAUSE AM OOO
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by zealot4me(f): 1:51pm On Nov 03, 2010
kay177:

ZEALOT AM BACK STILL MR MONEY £ JUST BEING BANNED BY HATERS MOD, NA YOU CAUSE AM OOO

NA ME CAUSE AM ?
OYA GIST ME THE TORI NOW
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by jidequadri: 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2010
base on both agreement, so far there is communication, u ppl can make things work out, just keep d love in both mind, n it wil surely lead 2 better
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by livedit(f): 9:15pm On Nov 04, 2010
I understand completely your feelings about this. As I'm currently in a long distance relationship right now. I know my financee and I will be together in a few months. But I won't lie, it's HARD! We communicate everyday, even if it's just a quick text of hi honey, I love you etc. Several other people on here mentioned to make sure you keep constant contact is an absolute MUST! Make good use of Skype or webcam definitely. But I completely feel you on this one. I wish I could offer more words of solace to you. Also, I'm not sure about your or his finances, but yall should also come visit each other if you can. Lord knows I miss my honey to death!! cry
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by opabukun(m): 9:27pm On Nov 04, 2010
go 4 it, he will soon finish skool of course. but wear is he staying? as in base?
Re: How Can I Maintain A Distance Relationship by blossom002: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2010
opabukun:

go 4 it, he will soon finish skool of course. but wear is he staying? as in base?

The guy is based in Ekiti but he spends most of his time here in Lagos including Christmas, New year, vacations, etc, he spends more time in lagos with his cousin than in Ekiti,
and he also plans working in Lagos too wen hes through, i can't just believe I've fallen head over heels with this guy.
And i'm 100% sure he loves me,

(1) (Reply)

Why In The World Do People Stay In Love/Hate Relationships? / My Friends Or The Man I Love / Is It Inappropriate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.