Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land (17903 Views)

Jonathan, Alison-Madueke Named In Abuja Land Grab / Disputed Abuja Land: Patience, Turai To Give Final Address / Senators And Reps In Abuja 'Land Grab', As FCDA Demolishes Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 22, 2007
dockowy is the resident tribalist of nairaland.
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by naijaway(m): 1:32am On May 23, 2007
docokwy, no need for all that kind yarn. If supporter of APC attacks your place today, your next move will be to go to the neighboring region. No need for long stories, just look on the map and see the distance btw chad and nigeria.
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by Nobody: 2:47am On May 23, 2007
who is allocating this abuja land,my hubby and I are interested!!
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by Nobody: 5:38am On May 23, 2007
laudate:

Erm, you have not answered the question. Wether you bought the land from a Bini man or an Ijaw man is not the issue. It is the location of the land that matters. It is still inside part of Yoruba land, not so? In case you have forgotten, my earlier question was:

We are waiting for the answer o!

Umm not so actually, it is Nigerian land or at the local level, Lagos state Government. A Yoruba man has no greater claim to a piece of land in Lagos than a Calabar man, FACT!

The land belongs to the occupant, if he is Yoruba good, if he is Husa good, if he is Igbo good! Every Nigerian has the right to own land anywhere, recognize that. Infact, I have plans to cultivate some land in the deserts up North.
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by adconline(m): 7:48am On May 23, 2007
I wanted someone to ask these questions. Why did 19 northern states control over 68% of Abuja land. On what basis were they allocated with such properties? People are here rejoicing that Igbos own 75% of ABuja land. Why would Igbos continuously pay for their freedom in Naija. A plot of land was sold to northern govts at about N10, 000 and they in turn sold to Igbos @ about 5-10 million Naira per plot and we are here glorifying that Igbos have arrived. Northerners made millions without any sweat and Igbos toiled and borrowed money from banks to develop their properties so that the FCT will not revoke their C of Os.

Finally, the same government that sold and approved those areas for development came back and said that they were built on sewage systems bla blah. I wonder how much that was paid to these Igbo investors. By the way northerners have taken their money to the banks and Igbos are bearing the blunt of developing their plots and at the same facing FCT on demolition.
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by laudate: 9:34am On May 23, 2007
Donzman:

Umm not so actually, it is Nigerian land or at the local level, Lagos state Government. A Yoruba man has no greater claim to a piece of land in Lagos than a Calabar man, FACT!

The land belongs to the occupant, if he is Yoruba good, if he is Husa good, if he is Igbo good! Every Nigerian has the right to own land anywhere, recognize that. Infact, I have plans to cultivate some land in the deserts up North.

Kindly allow docokwy to answer the question himself. Why are you jumping to his defence? Your theory that every Nigerian has a right to own land anywhere, is not the issue here. That silly excuse that it is Lagos State Land, does not answer the question. So who are those at the helm of affairs at the government level in Lagos State? Iraqis? Please stop this shoddy attempt to water down the rabid hatred Docokwy has expressed for the South-West.

I must ask again: Docokwy has expressed his hatred for the people of the South-West many times, so why is he buying up land & making investments in their territory? Or has Lagos State stopped being a part of Yoruba land? This time, kindly let him answer for himself!
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by laudate: 9:41am On May 23, 2007
adconline:

I wanted someone to ask these questions. Why did 19 northern states control over 68% of Abuja land. On what basis were they allocated with such properties? People are here rejoicing that Igbos own 75% of ABuja land. Why would Igbos continuously pay for their freedom in Naija. A plot of land was sold to northern govts at about N10, 000 and they in turn sold to Igbos @ about 5-10 million Naira per plot and we are here glorifying that Igbos have arrived. Northerners made millions without any sweat and Igbos toiled and borrowed money from banks to develop their properties so that the FCT will not revoke their C of Os.

Finally, the same government that sold and approved those areas for development came back and said that they were built on sewage systems bla blah. I wonder how much that was paid to these Igbo investors. By the way northerners have taken their money to the banks and Igbos are bearing the blunt of developing their plots and at the same facing FCT on demolition.

When was land in Abuja sold for 10,000 naira please to only northerners? Kindly get your facts right. Secondly, the houses of people from other tribes were also demolished, not just those of the Igbo.

And finally, land speculators do not discriminate. All they are interested in, is your money! If an Igbo was sold land for 5-10 million naira, were you told that an Igbirra, Yoruba, Efik, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Igala, Edo etc. was not sold land, for similar amounts or more? Were the Igbo forced to buy the land?

Please take a look at the list of those granted C of O certificates, and you will find people from several ethnic groups represented there. A neighbour of mine just bought land in Abuja for several millions of naira. He is NOT Igbo. So what is your point?

You also claim that Igbos toiled and borrowed money from banks to develop their properties so that the FCT will not revoke their C of Os. So those from other ethnic groups did NOT do the same? Why are you playing the ethnic card, on such a serious issue? angry
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by doncartel: 10:06am On May 23, 2007
ibos have always been d most business-minded and enterprising tribe in nigeria.it shouldnt b a surprise if they own most of the companies,shops,shares,land etc.just because d exact figures and statistics are out doesnt make it a big deal.its something most people would have imagined or expected.in d usa and europe,the jewish people constitute less than zero point something percent of the population yet they control about half of the economy.one group must always be the best in one thing or the other where several groups are gathered.you could also say yorubas are good in academics while northerners are good in politics.all are different talents fron God
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by laudate: 10:33am On May 23, 2007
docokwy:

Laudate and Tonim,

I don't mind reselling to you guys. But I guess few Yorubas are bouyant enough to pay grin grin grin grin (mocking you)

Meaning_____________? Just what exactly_______? undecided

Am sure the Yoruba people on this board can give you an appropriate response, you tribalist!
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by nigeria1: 12:05pm On May 23, 2007
Well like I said that statement can not be true El Rufia need to check is paper right,  Most part of abuja is own by people from the north,  And Look go to the federal ministry do you see Igbo there, 

On break up Nigeria,  even If Gowon, adbusalami, Ibb or buhari is head of state they can not stop the break up,  if MEND try to,  Because 5 factor that make a  coup difficult , but make break possible is there. I busy may be I can explain,  Coup do not need to come to abuja,  Even if they claim they reform military under Yar Adua to put Northerner in there which Yar Adua is likely to do,  It would be the end,  I GOC put in the south can not stop it,  They would just cut off his head,  and continue what they want to do,   It may be the end for Nigeria under Yar Adua, no smart military office can present a plan that can stop secession,  under Yar Adua. it was bad move to move it to Abuja.

I have try to do a live recording with El Rufia but is sec , is given me problem, my email is info@nigeriaone.com or 1416 835 5790
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by docokwy(m): 2:11pm On May 23, 2007
nigeria1:

Well like I said that statement can not be true El Rufia need to check is paper right, Most part of abuja is own by people from the north, And Look go to the federal ministry do you see Igbo there,

1416 835 5790

The fool that is the owner of Nigeria has spoken.

Laudate or ludgate or lumidi or lamidi or whatever,

I owe you no further explanation. Why am I even talking with you?
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by iyken(m): 2:21pm On May 23, 2007
[quote author=laudate
Am sure the Yoruba people on this board can give you an appropriate response, you tribalist!
[quote][/quote]
T'seems you're fanning the embers of aparthy.That's loosen the whole essence of the Fora.
You're becoming more catholic than the pope.

Pls pause.
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by laudate: 7:12pm On May 23, 2007
docokwy:

Laudate or ludgate or lumidi or lamidi or whatever,

I owe you no further explanation. Why am I even talking with you?

Oh, so you can't even spell 'Laudate?' Didn't you say you were studying for a Ph.d or something?

How can you talk?  tongue Your tribalistic posture & rabid hatred for an entire ethnic group, is indefensible.

How someone can attack a group of persons, place or group repeatedly, and then turn round to buy properties in the homestead, backyard (or frontyard, if you prefer), of that ethnic group, beats me!

If you don't like them, leave everything connected to them, (including land) alone. Period. Don't insult them in cyberspace & go behind, to make investments in their neighbourhood, or reap profits on their territory.

Docokwy, your opportunism reeks!
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by Nobody: 12:19am On May 24, 2007
Kindly allow docokwy to answer the question himself. Why are you jumping to his defence? Your theory that every Nigerian has a right to own land anywhere, is not the issue here. That silly excuse that it is Lagos State Land, does not answer the question. So who are those at the helm of affairs at the government level in Lagos State? Iraqis? Please stop this shoddy attempt to water down the rabid hatred Docokwy has expressed for the South-West.

I must ask again: Docokwy has expressed his hatred for the people of the South-West many times, so why is he buying up land & making investments in their territory? Or has Lagos State stopped being a part of Yoruba land? This time, kindly let him answer for himself!

What are you babbling about?. . .Your question is invalid, Lagos is NOT Yorubaland, it was though, not anymore!

Again you're asking the same old stupid question, Lagos is not Yoruba territory so your question is stupid. If Lagos was Yoruba territory, it means a Yoruba man has more claim to a land in Lagos tham some other ethnic group. I'm sorry this is not the case (although you might wish it was). If you're claiminmg Ogun or something, I'll reason with you, not Lagos!

So who are those at the helm of affairs at the government level in Lagos State? Iraqis?

That is the state of Nigeria, I see no reason why anyone will say one Nigeria and insist that only a Yorubaman can govern Lagos, a state that atleat 50% of the population isn't Yoruba. What kind of democracy and nation is Nigeria?. . .It's a joke!
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by nigeria1: 12:36am On May 24, 2007
If you form a think tank, the former head of state should not chair it,  if really it is a think tank,  It should be where young smart Nigeria with vision solve NIgeria problem,  even the word of God talk about vision and dream and would really dream them and who have them,  They are young men,  the word of God says,

Here is a mistake moving to Abuja,  If the people of the Southern Benue Niger area of Nigeria are about 81 million  according to Mr makama lies,  And the Northern Benue  Niger of Nigeria is said to be 59 million( Do not forget most of this number were add  by mr makama, So It may be about 49 million),  In maths the average of 140 million is 70 million,  It shows that abuja should have be located somewhere in the Southern Benue Niger,  I am thinking aloud,  Another problem,  why where engineers not part of the Aguda group at that time,  I am not sure if any was one,  And if you look at the map of Nigeria and you use any available software to determine the centre of Nigeria based on Land Abuja is not the centre of Nigeria, 

And land should not be use to determine where a capital is place,  but more of were most people live to be able to have access to their govt,  So I believe Present kogi state should have been the capital of Nigeria.

1.while the capital was in lagos, it is difficult for the south to plan secession because the president lives in Lagos. And you have to kill him first before you can secede, 

2. In lagos  President palace is located among civilian target,  Which is not good for a secession, now the coast is wide open, I remember during Orkar coup how people troop out of houses shout with joy, We need to fix our problem, only a foolish runs away from his problem or pretend it does not exist, The south real want to leave Nigeria, what next,

But now moving the capital to abuja make life easy for secession because there are less obstacle for the planner to overcome,  They do not need to kill no president, because he lives in the North,  and do not have to avoid civilian target,    All they need is just to cover the boundary on the River Niger and Benue,  And even if Yar Adua place Northerner as GOC ,  He is just one man among southerner,  they would just kill him,   So I hope El Rufia can see why I made that statement,  And it is not based on tribalism  like some claim.

On coup , I would not want to be in Yar Adua shoes,  because Yar Adua is a moving target,  The moment he become president he would have many enerrmy,  If NEPA not work na Yar Adua fault,  IF pinkin no cay na Yar Adua cause it,  So why is the man want  to be president, 

Look It is a well know fact in Nigeria that 90% of the people in the south really want the south to pull out of the federation,  So how would he stop them,  With OPC, Mosop, MEND,  if this three group become smart and form one body,  Yar Adua would be in problem,  What ever group they form , let just use  Movement for liberation of the southern Nigeria as an example,  and they end up like made,  How would Yar Adua solve the problem,  Since we all know his first move which would be is greatest mistake is to try to reform the military which would likely backfire and lead to unrest in the military , who obvoiusly would join this rebel group to create more problem,
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by Nobody: 3:55am On May 24, 2007
@nigeria1

You don't want to listen?. . .They'll come for you oh, what's with the seccesion talk?
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by WesleyanA(f): 4:05am On May 24, 2007
that's interesting, I though abuja was predominantly hausa.

there was controversy about igbos building an Igbo place in Abuja too but i thought it was stupid, ethnocentric. do igbos really make the bulk of abuja? 'cause that's news to me.

edited: Oh i get it now. i read the article. the igbos own the real estate & are affected by the abuja projects.
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by Nobody: 4:41am On May 24, 2007
What's ethnocentric about an Igbo place?. . .Are the Chinese towns all over the world ethnocentric too?

Honestly I do not know why the rest of Nigerians are this scared of Igbos, we do not really care for all these ethnic politics, all we want is a chance to make a good living. From Port Harcourt to Kano, from Lagos to Abuja, Igbos have gone into these areas, trying to make a living and they've brought prosperity with them. I see no reason why anyone should not smile and extend a welcoming handshake to anyone looking to bring prosperity to them.

Ask anyone who has done business with Igbos, no ethnic politics, just ways to feed our families. Even the Chinese recognize this, why don't fellow Nigerians?
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by WesleyanA(f): 4:51am On May 24, 2007

Ask anyone who has done business with Igbos, no ethnic politics, just ways to feed our families. Even the Chinese recognize this, why don't fellow Nigerians?

i believe most people doing business are also doing it to feed their family. i don't get your point when you say "fellow nigerians don't recognize this"

i was talking about the igbo place that's sort of a heritage center (it's not a busness center. more like a igbo community house or something) or whatever the name of that house thing is they were trying to build. it just seemed awkward to me. it said something about the north being hostile to igbos and the building was like a sanctuary or something. i don't remember but it was awkward when i read it.

i think i'll have to look for the link. but seeing that igbos have a lot of influence in abuja, it makes some sense.
i really used to think there were just a handful of igbo's in abuja after the religious clashes and all that.
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by Nobody: 4:57am On May 24, 2007
WesleyanA:

i believe most people doing business are also doing it to feed their family. i don't get your point when you say "fellow nigerians don't recognize this"

i was talking about the igbo place that's sort of a heritage center (it's not a busness center. more like a igbo community house or something) or whatever the name of that house thing is they were trying to build. it just seemed awkward to me. it said something about the north being hostile to igbos and the building was like a sanctuary or something. i don't remember but it was awkward when i read it.

i think i'll have to look for the link. but seeing that igbos have a lot of influence in abuja, it makes some sense.
i really used to think there were just a handful of igbo's in abuja after the religious clashes and all that.

Paragraph 1:

So why do people deveop this sense of ferar whenever they see Igbos in their communities?

Pragraph 2:

So a heritage center is ethnocentric?. . .Are you kidding me, seriously?
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by WesleyanA(f): 5:12am On May 24, 2007
Donzman:

Paragraph 1:

So why do people deveop this sense of ferar whenever they see Igbos in their communities?

Pragraph 2:

So a heritage center is ethnocentric?. . .Are you kidding me, seriously?

what sense of fear?
what exactly are we supposed to be scared of ? I lived in the same houses and communities as igbos through out my stay in Nigeria, i didn't see other ethic groups fleeing (in fright) from them.
but then i lived in lagos which is really diverse so i can't speak for abuja which is mostly muslim.

imagine a yoruba family in calabar. maybe they'll think the igbos are scared of them also. who knows?

i guess ethnocentric was the wrong word. AWKWARD fits perfect. lol
It reminded me of cultural houses in the US. i didn't feel that people needed to create them in their own indigenous countries. it just seemed awkward.hmm but i'm not in an igbo man's shoes. If you guys claim you witness so much hate and are victimized, maybe it's true. i don't know?
maybe i'm just ignorant of it. tongue
just that i saw abuja as an hausa state. and a heritage house will make soo much better sense to be situated in anambra or something.
imagine a hausa heritage center in calabar. lol

but then like i said earlier, i didn't know there were so many igbos in abuja.
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by adconline(m): 6:29am On May 24, 2007
@laudate

When was land in Abuja sold for 10,000 naira please to only northerners? Kindly get your facts right. Secondly, the houses of people from other tribes were also demolished, not just those of the Igbo.

A plot of land was sold at about 10, 000 before IBB moved to Aso Rock. But your post still did not address my concerns. Why were northerners allocated with 68% of Abuja land? What were the criteria for allocation? If Mr Adamu qualified to own a piece of land why Mr Coker wasn’t allowed the same privilege? Did you not see the lopsidedness in allocation since the rest of Nigeria was left with 32%.

Do you know that some Igbos would not have paid millions for their properties if the land was equally distributed? So part of their allocation was allocated to north and they had to repurchase them from first land owners- northerners. That’s my point.

As per demolition, I am of the opinion that FG is culpable since they sold and approved development for real estate developers. I was saying that people who were favoured by Naija nepotism made more money without any sweat, and never faced any revocation or demolition. Now folks who paid their hard earned money are facing revocation and demolition.
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by Nobody: 8:09am On May 24, 2007
@WesleyAna

From your post, it seems like you do not know lots of things.

. . .And by the way, I'm nottalking about discrimination, just the way people get all defensive and protective when Igbos move into their communities. I mean look at the "Igbo Kwenu Thread on Nairaland", many people have complained time and time, why should Igbos have their own thread?. . .What sort of stupid question is that?

Now we have some individual by the name of Laudate asking someone why he bought property in Lagos of all places?. . .Lagos WAS Yorubaland, not anymore. In some areas of Lagos, you'll find way more Igbos than Yorubas (visit FESTAC for example).
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by laudate: 11:43am On May 24, 2007
adconline:

@laudate

A plot of land was sold at about 10, 000 before IBB moved to Aso Rock. But your post still did not address my concerns. Why were northerners allocated with 68% of Abuja land? What were the criteria for allocation? If Mr Adamu qualified to own a piece of land why Mr Coker wasn’t allowed the same privilege? Did you not see the lopsidedness in allocation since the rest of Nigeria was left with 32%.

Do you know that some Igbos would not have paid millions for their properties if the land was equally distributed? So part of their allocation was allocated to north and they had to repurchase them from first land owners- northerners. That’s my point.

As per demolition, I am of the opinion that FG is culpable since they sold and approved development for real estate developers. I was saying that people who were favoured by Naija nepotism made more money without any sweat, and never faced any revocation or demolition. Now folks who paid their hard earned money are facing revocation and demolition.

Kindly provide proof to show that a piece of land was sold for 10,000 before IBB moved to Aso Rock! What year exactly are you referring to? Land was allocated to all states in Abuja not just northern states, so what is your point? And how did you arrive at 68% of the land being allocated to northern states? Please cite your source. If Mr. Adamu was qualified to own land in Abuja and was granted such land, who told you that Mr. Coker was NOT also granted land, if he was qualified for it, like Mr. Adamu? Do you have proof of such occurences? I know several non-northerners who were allocated land directly by the governement in Abuja, so kindly stop trying to make out as if the Igbo were denied land in Abuja, simply on grounds of their ethnicity!

Yes, those who paid their hard earned money are facing revocation and demolition, both Igbo & non-Igbo alike. Enough of this victim mentality, please!
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by laudate: 11:55am On May 24, 2007
Donzman:

Now we have some individual by the name of Laudate asking someone why he bought property in Lagos of all places?. . .Lagos WAS Yorubaland, not anymore. In some areas of Lagos, you'll find way more Igbos than Yorubas (visit FESTAC for example).

Yeah, Lagos has now become part of Alaigbo! It is no longer in the South-west, because the Nigerian map has been re-drawn to place it firmly in the East. In fact, a feat of engineering has transposed its original co-ordinates & placed it far across the Niger. And because the Igbo outnumber Yoruba folks in some districts (e.g. Festac, according to you) we should now probably re-name Lagos, to make it part of the East. Get real! Are you trying to re-write the title deeds of Lagos-Yoruba residents, through the back door? Na wa o! embarassed

No one is saying people from other parts of Nigeria cannot buy or own land in Lagos. So stop trying to twist the facts, that gave rise to our initial comments. What we are putting on the front burner (which you are trying vigourously to cover up) is that Docokwy is a rabid, tribalistic individual, who hates the Yoruba people with a passion. He has shown it in his comments, his responses & his insults, several times on this site.

So the question still remains 'why is he making investments in the territory where they live in such large numbers, especially fixed assets which guarantee profits for him, if he hates them so much?' And for the umpteenth time, why are you vigorously defending this tribalist, instead of allowing him to answer for himself? Your excuse of Lagos is not Yoruba land anymore, is not working. So what is Lagos, now? Outer space?

Stop making attempts to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.  tongue It is beginning to make everyone doubt any credibility you may have.  Ah, now we all know the problem with the tribalistic cartel. When it is convenient for them, they claim to be 'Nigerians' who can buy land & live anywhere. And when it suits them, they become chameleons & decide they want a seperate state, because other tribes are evil! Let the cartel make up its mind!

If docokwy was a non-Igbo who had made the same nasty, ill-bred comments about Igbo people, would you look the other way? If he had decided to buy land in Enugu or Onitsha after pouring venom on the Igbo, wouldn't you raise the same questions? Anyway, like I said earlier, I expect the Yoruba folks on this site, to respond to him at an appropriate time.

Finally Donzman, let's use your own words, "are you keeping quiet because you agree with him?! "
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by docokwy(m): 12:27pm On May 24, 2007
laudate:

Yeah, Lagos has now become part of Alaigbo! It is no longer in the South-west, because the Nigerian map has been re-drawn to place it firmly in the East. In fact, a feat of engineering has transposed its original co-ordinates & placed it far across the Niger. And because the Igbo outnumber Yoruba folks in some districts (e.g. Festac, according to you) we should now probably re-name Lagos, to make it part of the East. Get real! Are you trying to re-write the title deeds of Lagos-Yoruba residents, through the back door? Na wa o! embarassed

No one is saying people from other parts of Nigeria cannot buy or own land in Lagos. So stop trying to twist the facts, that gave rise to our initial comments. What we are putting on the front burner (which you are trying vigourously to cover up) is that Docokwy is a rabid, tribalistic individual, who hates the Yoruba people with a passion. He has shown it in his comments, his responses & his insults, several times on this site.

So the question still remains 'why is he making investments in the territory where they live in such large numbers, especially fixed assets which guarantee profits for him, if he hates them so much?' And for the umpteenth time, why are you vigorously defending this tribalist, instead of allowing him to answer for himself? Your excuse of Lagos is not Yoruba land anymore, is not working. So what is Lagos, now? Outer space?

Stop making attempts to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. tongue It is beginning to make everyone doubt any credibility you may have. Ah, now we all know the problem with the tribalistic cartel. When it is convenient for them, they claim to be 'Nigerians' who can buy land & live anywhere. And when it suits them, they become chameleons & decide they want a seperate state! Let the cartel make up its mind!

If docokwy was a non-Igbo who had made the same nasty, ill-bred comments about Igbo people, would you look the other way? If he had decided to buy land in Enugu or Onitsha after pouring venom on the Igbo, wouldn't you raise the same questions? Anyway, like I said earlier, I expect the Yoruba folks on this site, to respond to him at an appropriate time.

Finally Donzman, let's use your own words, "are you keeping quiet because you agree with him?! "

What on earth makes this one think that Docokwy is Igbo. Or is every Yoruba critic supposed to be Igbo?

Anyways, I just printed out the above crappy gibberish and symbolically dumped it in the garbage bin, where it is liable to. When/if Nigeria stops being one, then perhaps I can respond properly to this "laudmaut"
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by laudate: 12:35pm On May 24, 2007
docokwy:

What on earth makes this one think that Docokwy is Igbo, or did I tell him that?

Anyways, I just printed out the above crappy gibberish and symbolically dumped it in the garbage bin, where it is liable to. When/if Nigeria stops being one, then perhaps I can respond properly to this "laudmaut"

Crappy gibberish? Those terms apply to you, now!

Answer the question and stop beating around the bush, you tribalistic slowpoke! What do you mean by "When/if Nigeria stops being one, then perhaps you can respond properly?"

Oh, so you are waiting to get your own seperate state, before you post your reply? Make sure you take along with you, the properties you bought in Lagos o!
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by laudate: 5:45pm On May 24, 2007
docokwy:

What on earth makes this one think that Docokwy is Igbo. Or is every Yoruba critic supposed to be Igbo?

Oh sorry, you are not Igbo.  tongue Whatever ethnic group you dropped from, doesn't really matter. All you know how to do, is to attack Yoruba folks with venom. All am saying is keep your venom to yourself.  angry

If the likes of Cute-ass, Radiant, Chxta, Zhymaka, Uche2nna, Egoldman, Afam, Ikomi, Ebeledi, junegirl, Ezinwannem etc. had been the ones who bought land in Lagos, there would have been absolutely no questions asked. They say what they believe in, respond with courtesy & decorum & do not get their kicks from bad-mouthing every ethnic group at will.

Unlike you who insults Yoruba folks by day, but crawls back at dusk, to buy land in their part of town. It is bloody insincere opportunists like you, that do that.

Shame!
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by egoldman(m): 9:14pm On May 24, 2007
Its seems you guys have hijacked the thread and turned it into tribal war , make una stick to the mean topic please .
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 24, 2007
This Laudate is dumb. Nobody said Lagos has moved from Southwest to wherever, Donzman is saying that no ethnic group can claim Lagos as his father's inheritance anymore. The ethnic politics they're playing in Lagos is for just a matter of time!

You also need to stop asking stupid questions, you heard El-Rufai say 68% of the land was allocated to Northern states, why are you asking adconline stupid questions?. . .You also heard El-Rufai say that 73% of the land belonged to Igbos. A little 1+1 will tell you which ethnic group bore the heaviest load from the demolition excercise, so quit playing dumb. No member of any ethnic group should be a second class citizen in any part of Nigeria, if Lagos is Yorubaland then non-Yorubas who make up atleat 50% of the population are 2nd class citizens in their own country, sorry that doesn't fly!

Infact Laudate you're not only tribalistic but you HATE to see anything Igbo being seen as succesful. You're also ready to deny any instance of Igbos being victims of anything. Who said other ethnic groups didn't have their properties demolished?. . .All adconline is saying is that Igbo properties met the most destruction.

This is similar to the rubbish you spew on other threads trying to trivialize the maimings Igbos have undergone in Northern Nigeria. In your infinite wisdom, other ethnic groups were also attacked so Igbos who make up 95% of the victims should keep quiet because the 5% isn't complaining. I suppose a man whose car has been stolen ought to react like a teenager hose shoes have gone missing.

The day dead natives of your ethnic group are shipped in trailers like goods from Northern Nigeria back home, their crime being going to other parts of Nigeria to live and make a living, then we can talk about other ethnic groups being victims, what a dumbass you are!

You're to the Igbos what anti-semites are to Israelites, just hurts you to see people succeed.
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by WesleyanA(f): 12:40am On May 25, 2007
Donzman:

@WesleyAna

From your post, it seems like you do not know lots of things.

. . .And by the way, I'm nottalking about discrimination, just the way people get all defensive and protective when Igbos move into their communities. I mean look at the "Igbo Kwenu Thread on Nairaland", many people have complained time and time, why should Igbos have their own thread?. . .What sort of stupid question is that?

i think the reason laudate asked that question was 'cause of the comment that "someone" said earlier about hating yorubas.
it's just like a US southerner moving to vermont even though he "hates" northerners. OF course he can live anywhere he likes as long as he's american but it doesn't make rational sense for him to buy land in the north if he hates northerners. it would make more sense if he bought his land in kentucky or mississippi or something where he is surrounded by southerners like him. lol

lagos was a yoruba state last time i checked though. fact that many igbos live there don't change that fact (at least not yet)
just as abuja was an hausa state last time i checked. the fact that many igbos live there don't change this fact either.

yeah Lagos belongs to Nigeria. any nigerian has a right to live in it. just as any nigerian has a right to move to anambra or abia state if they wish. hausas included. but just because something can happen doesn't mean that it makes rational sense for it to happen. lol
------

I have no qualms with the igbo thread. it makes perfect sense to have a culture/ language thread on Nairaland.
the only reason i had a problem with it is when some people will say stuff along the lines of "come join us in our igbo thread/ community and leave the haters alone" that carried a "us vs them" message that i dislike.
other than that. i have nothing against the igbo thread. i've posted in it a couple of times before.
Re: El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land by WesleyanA(f): 12:48am On May 25, 2007
if Lagos is Yorubaland then non-Yorubas who make up atleat 50% of the population

you're joking right?
at least 50% of lagos state is non-yoruba?

interesting. never knew that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari ‘incompetent, Clueless, Lacks Direction’ – Aisha Yesufu / Why Edo Is Yet To Pass Anti-open Grazing Law ― Obaseki / Data Shows Almost Half Nigeria’s Electricity Supply Is From Generators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.