Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (49443 Views)

Nigerian Lady Face Swells After 6years Relationship Ended / How A Three Weeks Old Relationship Ended Because Of Magzi Shawarma (photos) / RE: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

That sometimes he just wants to be left alone, because he is an only child. And I should understand.

He’d get in touch when he’s out of his lone state.

This is someone I’ve known for 5 years, and suddenly he wants to be left alone?

If he’s going through stuff, shouldn’t I know? If there’s a secret he’s hiding, shouldn’t I know?

Too many questions...

Leave him be... Yes you have been with him for 5 years but didn't know if his loner cravings... That means you were his go-to when he needed lone times from his family... And you didn't know because he didn't tell you. Since you're hearing this from his mom, believe it.

What I'm about to say now may be painful to you.... But he may now need lone tkme away from you too... For now... He will still come around, we always do. Now the painful part.. He may be with someone else, or some others... Depending on his loner cravings at the moment. I'm saying this with emphasis on the word "may". I crave solitude too, and that's usually when I hoe around or I'm absorbed with meeting a goal. Don't be surprised if you find out he actually applied for the transfer, in order to get away from you and his family.

People like us don't allow a lot of people into our family life. And since you've been with him for 5 years and he has allowed you into his family, that means you mean a lot to him. Don't worry he will still come back to you, question is when, or how long?

Stop disturbing him for now. Cos that's how he will be seeing your calls and messages...ie disturbance. Don't cut his mom off... She's not the reason why her sin is acting like that. Even if you're going to end up going your separate ways, keep being friends with his mom.

We solitude cravers, we feel choked up easily, and when we don't regularly "recharge", we end up doing things that will potentially harm our relationships. I know this, cos I've been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

And we can just go blank, no message, no emotions, no reasons, no conversations, no nothing. But most times, it's not permanently.

I've grown with my family for close to 30 years, and they're just discovering about my solitude cravings. So you discovering at year 5 is not bad at all.

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Analysiscorner: 1:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:
My relationship of 5 years ended in the most heartbreaking way.

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

This is someone I had planned my whole life around.
Sorry. Look to Jesus, he will never let you down.

Distance does not make the heart go fonder.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Analysiscorner: 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
Sorry. Look to Jesus, he will never let you down.

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nnamebuka: 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
chigoizie7:

Ironies of life.

I do not have a gf at the moment, because I loose lose interest easily, especially when I am not closer to you.

I am a good guy, but there are times I just want to be on my own for weeks. Only one girl understand that. And I feel for her anytime that phase of my life comes, I knew I was hurting her, but I couldn’t help it, I just become emotionless.

I couldn’t be hurting an innocent girl like that, I had to let her go, even though she was ready to cope with me, but I had to travel, if by the time I want to settle down, I would go for her if she is still available and wants to be with me.

Just pray your guy is not like me, because I de pity my gf myself.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

That sometimes he just wants to be left alone, because he is an only child. And I should understand.

If he’s going through stuff, shouldn’t I know? If there’s a secret he’s hiding, shouldn’t I know?

Too many questions...

Two things are involved, he has seen an Asaba girl or he truly wants to be left alone. If he have seen an Asaba girl, hmmm, they are very submissive and caring just like many men wants it.

If he wants to be left alone, its probably understandable. Five years isn't five days. He probably needs to breath and he is enjoying the fresh air right now.

Babe, if you want closure or to find out what your man is up to, carry your bag go Asaba and stop disturbing yourself and doing nothing. Asaba holds all the answers to your question.

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
Gaspardd:

I think i passed my msg correctly tho.
Can i send u a pm?
Hahaha chief of women lottery take am easy na cheesy
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by CosmicJames(m): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
truthsayer009:

Rest bawo! Oga leave me. Lemme shoot my shot Jejely cheesy cheesy cheesy

Take time please!

I beg go ahead. Shoot ur shot sharperly sharperly. No time
Which rest?
Afterall the relationship ended about 3yrs ago.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2019
thowbie7ven:
Edited...I'm sorry I had to put up your name just wanted to be so sure it's you...You went to laspotech rite? I just wondered why I don't get to see you post anything about him again...it was such a relationship then which I was viewing from afar....All I know all will be well with you...take your time and this time shall surely pass

Caleb uni, imota
Thank you
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by thowbie7ven(m): 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

Caleb uni, imota Thank you

I know you later went to Caleb Uni that was after you finished from Laspotech...
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Shugargal(f): 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

Too many questions...
Umm! they're up to something, Just be calm about the situation incase if it turns out bad later, it won't affect you too much. and please is he a cancerian? as his zodiac sign
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Emaprince: 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
franchasng:
Ladies listen to this guy.

One thing guys consider when choosing a partner is: how supportive you have been to him and his life journey.

If he is a criminal, do you support him becoming the best criminal

If he is a public fund looter like Tinubu and Buhari, do you support him to loot public funds completely without any trace like Buhari

Being supportive to your man will make him consider you top among other ladies he maybe seeing or eyeing.

No matter how rich that your man is, he still needs your support emotionally, financially, morally, psychologically, spiritually and intellectually.

And if he is still coming up or struggling financially, he will be considering how supportive you have been and can be to him financially before he decides to marry you.

Gone are the days guys choose a wife based on physical beauty alone, your big bombom like my own is no longer enough quality to get you a deserving husband today.

Me I get big bombom and plenty other qualities, so you see wink kiss
So Ladies should rather listen to you, who is advicing them to keep many boyfriends, hence turning themselves to oloshos. Between your advice and the the man you quoted, who is better?

Men should stay away from promiscous woman like you who goes about looking for good women to deceive into living waywardly in the name of having many men to chose as fall back when a relationship goes south.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
Emaprince:
So Ladies should rather listen to you, who is advicing them to keep many boyfriends, hence turning themselves to oloshos. Between your advice and the the man you quoted, who is better?

Men should stay away from promiscous woman like you who goes about looking for good women to deceive into living waywardly in the name of having many men to chose as fall back when a relationship goes south.
Don't mind her she never know where she dey go at all talk more of to enter motor undecided
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by iamdapsyj(m): 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

Thank you for the advice.

@op what that guy said up there is actually true to some extent. I am in one of such relationship and seriously weighing my decision right now.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Emaprince: 1:30pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

Thank you.

I'm fine health-wise...
Plus, I've not seen him in going to 2 years, we just talk on phone before the disappearance.

Would I take him back if he comes back? No
You havent seen him for upto 2yrs, and you still call that a relationship?

Excuse me...Are you saying you have been celibate for two yrs?..No sex with another man?

Stop lieing to yourself.

Distance is usually a disaster in a relationship. Lets not pretend.

3 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
iamdapsyj:

@op what that guy said up there is actually true to some extent. I am in one of such relationship and seriously weighing my decision right now.

It’s true, but doesn’t apply to me.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
Emaprince:
You havent seen him for upto 2yrs, and you still call that a relationship?

Excuse me...Are you saying you have been celibate for two yrs?..No sex with another man?

Stop lieing to yourself.

Distance is usually a disaster in a relationship. Lets not pretend.

Okay sir.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Emaprince: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

Okay sir.
You are guilty of something.

Stop looking for pity from people ..and making the guy look like the devil. You women loves playing the victim all the time even when you are busy committing atrocities secretly.

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
pocohantas:

Why you come quote me na? He is just a transitional bf then. It is normal they breakup. I can't even remember the full name of my bf that year. Wetin I dey use that kind mumu bf do?

E pass "hello, I miss you. Have you eaten?".

Toor! Na ancestor levels we dey now grin

Lol "hello, I miss you. Have you eaten?" is actually a good way to care for a lady smiley the answer may just result to him sending you a plate of amala.

Legend says If a guy never asks you if you have eaten, He doesn't love you.

Also, most relationships that span 4 - 5, 6 - 8 years have all been from school, so when I saw 5 yrs. I scrolled to the comments & I knew I would find out they dated from school.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2019
lefulefu:
abegi the relationship don already get comma and the bros was already looking for a way to escape and the asaba transfer offered a sweet opportunity and talking of the asaba transfer it could be he even formed that excuse to escape grin.its like op don already dey exhibit traits wey d bros no like so hence he just perfected his plans to leave her.u know some girls wen u bring up things u dont like they start creating drama and calling u insecure and bla blah blah cheesy.so to make peace reign just leave her alone,cut off contacts and go ur own way..who cares if she cries..she go see another man nah.i just like the way op boyfriend just handle the whole issue..he didnt quarrrel or b!tch like most weak men do(who even has the time to quarreling over relationship these days).he just made up his mind that enough was enough and cut off from the relationship grin.and as for the issue on why op no visit her guy for asaba u might not blame her on that oo cos if u want to leave a girl will u let her know ur new address? grin.

She can still ask him of the new address, if she was really interested or keep asking, He would definitely know she is keeping track.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
franchasng:

Gone are the days guys choose a wife based on physical beauty alone, your big bombom like my own is no longer enough quality to get you a deserving husband today.

Me I get big bombom and plenty other qualities, so you see wink kiss

One day, one day, we shall get to see this Giant bumbum you have been talking of. Perhaps you can just trade it for an MSC degree just like Naira Marley says.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Chibyko(m): 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
Let me continue from where he stopped. I will give my best��
LolaO:

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by okewumi: 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
Sometimes it is not just only call or messages men value. We value visit.
Madam VISIT him in Asaba.
South-south terrain is very different from Lagos and sometimes if he sees you once in a while, it reduce stress.

During your annual leave visit him. No place is very far to the person we love.
I have work in those environment and my wife travelled down sometimes to visit me. My hearth is always full with joy. At no more concoction rice during her visit.

Sometimes l share my experience on work and her advice even helps. My wife can explain a lot of things related to my work when you mention to her as a result of our interaction during her visit.

If you stay in Lagos and a youth Corper hook him, you are on your own. Men are not Robot. They are very funny and different creature. They can behave like Bingo grin, when you start throwing food to a dog, you become is friend. If a Corper friend started cooking, caring accompany him, he forget home grin grin grin
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by makydebbie(f): 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
pocohantas:

Why you come quote me na? He is just a transitional bf then. It is normal they breakup. I can't even remember the full name of my bf that year. Wetin I dey use that kind mumu bf do?

E pass "hello, I miss you. Have you eaten?".

Toor! Na ancestor levels we dey now grin

Sis, lol I don't know how to start explaining to you.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
Emaprince:
You are guilty of something.

Stop looking for pity from people ..and making the guy look like the devil. You women loves playing the victim all the time even when you are busy committing atrocities secretly.

Typical.

3 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by pocohantas(f): 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
makydebbie:

Sis, lol I don't know how to start explaining to you.

Then "What are you wearing now?"

Always Hot. Useless boys, when them no kuku get work- na their prick dey on overdrive. grin

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
RealityShot:

sorry eh... Go and visit him.. See if you can still get him back...

its your turn to woo him... Haha!
grin grin grin

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by sharone21(f): 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

Sister, PRAY and God will help you get a mature thinking fellow that will give you peace of mind at anytime....between, NEVER do 5yrs relationship with any guy again please.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Samcent: 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
thowbie7ven:

I know you later went to Caleb Uni that was after you finished from Laspotech...
Guy, you be monitoring spirit? Take am easy...

3 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by fireback: 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2019
greatnaija01:

wow, sorry BUT your relationship may not have been healthy from the start.... here is why...

WAS GOD INVOLVED?

DID YOU BOTH INVOLVE A COUNSELOR OR FAMILY MEMBERS?

WERE YOU BOTH ON THE SAME PAGE AS REGARDS THE FUTURE?

Was it more PHYSICAL connection than soul satisfaction?

Was your relationship really helping you both become better?
which kind JAMB question be this naa?
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by lequama10: 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hey, ur relationship is just going through the test of distance, have been there. My advice give him time to come around don't ever conclude on anything until you hear him say his mind and what actually went wrong. Just prepare your mind to hear what you ain't prepared for, either he comes around or maybe He just got what he has been waiting on for long. And If that's it, it happens, and please try talk to someone close to you.. sorry not everytime we win..
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2019
fxx2:

It seems you did not pass your Comprehension Test while in school. Otherwise, you would have comprehended that the writer (lady) is in Lagos while the man is the one in Asaba presently.

Meanwhile, I did not see the post as if she is complaining (to you). She just found herself in a situation where she need to pour out her feeling. I don't think she need someone like you but I believe God will surely heal her and provide the right man for her at the right time.
he wants to chop free meat.. grin..wetin concern am in comprehending the story grin
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by makydebbie(f): 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2019
pocohantas:

Then "What are you wearing now?"

Always Hot. Useless boys, when them no kuku get work- na their prick dey on overdrive. grin
"Send me a picture of what you're wearing"
Their prick dey work on their behalf. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Infinix Rewards Man Who Kissed His Wife On Social Media With N300k For Valentine / I'm Afraid Of My Girlfriend / Evangelist And Medical Doctor Get Married After 10 Years Of Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.