Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (49438 Views)

Nigerian Lady Face Swells After 6years Relationship Ended / How A Three Weeks Old Relationship Ended Because Of Magzi Shawarma (photos) / RE: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Offpoint: 9:10am On Nov 04, 2019
RealityShot:
and how long has it been since you were born?

not long?

even if you are 7yrs...its been a long life.

you may say, "the future is uncertain" but not "life is too short".
I looked back and it felt it was just yesterday I was born.... brotherly life's too short.
Yesterday is gone, today's almost gone, tomorrow is never promised.
life's too short brother

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by chigoizie7(m): 9:12am On Nov 04, 2019
Annie001:

She is married and you think she still regrets it
If you guys are still together would you have married her by now.
She is married that justifies her happiness
Nice write up though

Trust me I know.

We are still friends.

Not everyone in marriage is happy in it. Let me not sayvmuch

5 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by MariaAngeles: 9:12am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:
My relationship of 5 years ended in the most heartbreaking way.

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

This is someone I had planned my whole life around.

Distance does not make the heart go fonder.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
What part did you play to prevent it ?

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by fkj950ax(m): 9:12am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

Hugs!
I have once been hurt, that hurting hurts more than the hurt.
Don't just chuck it up and say you will be fine.
If you can, find closure with him. SMS, Email, Relative etc.
Then decide to move on. Don't be suspicious of your next relationship. You didn't do anything wrong. He did. Allow yourself to love again. And be happy with you first. Others second.

3 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by donchukwu25: 9:14am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
The same thing happened to me ,but 2 years time she came back to me and was telling me she was testing me whether I truly love her and l have gotten gf,l don't know what to do

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Ignatio(m): 9:15am On Nov 04, 2019
If you're not on the wrong believe me one day he will come begging and with an explanation for what he did. It may be too late for him then.
For the meantime vibe positively, true love will find you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 04, 2019
Teerach:
Yen yen yen.... People saying the gal is at fault. I laugh... I've been there. Not five years though. But almost a year..... People saying she should be calling n caring instead of leaving everything to a guy. Y'all know that ladies call more than guys in relationship. So y do u think she's not calling. She obviously cares bout him too for her to even bring it online.
Bae, my advice is move on. There are millions of good men out there. Better than ur ex. Don't allow anyone or the internet tell u it's not possible to get a better person. It's all within. He's probably left u for a liability, let him go. Forgive him from within cos that's the only way u forgive yourself. Release him (if u understand LOA). Better days ahead. I wish u the very best life has to offer.

This is lovely

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by MariaAngeles: 9:18am On Nov 04, 2019
Nukilia:
When God protects you from a bullet cheesy

Run as fast as your legs can carry you, there is something good about to happen to you grin
...or maybe God protected the guy from her
We'll never know until we know the whole story
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by DavidEsq(m): 9:19am On Nov 04, 2019
Rednaxelot:
see this relationship scavenger
Dies @ "relationship scavenger" grin grin grin grin
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by djgreenland(m): 9:19am On Nov 04, 2019
Gaspardd:
I am a nice guy and i live in asaba. Can we hook up?
I mean u come across so many nice guys but i am sure u wud just throw them away.
She needs someone in Lagos na.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Oriyomin25(m): 9:19am On Nov 04, 2019
Hotzone:

If u guys can find strength in unity, u can develop with each other...a failed state is a failed state
Yeah you are right.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by IgweBUIKE1(m): 9:21am On Nov 04, 2019
Mcslize:

It's your fault. Most of you ladies like forming champion even when you love a guy, always waiting for the guy to be the one to reach out to you. Common checking on a guy you're in a relationship with, you girls can't reach out to the person you claimed you love. How many times do you reach out to him? How many times do you check on him if he is still alive? Do you know what he has been passing through? Are you aware of his worries? Do you call him to find out how life is treating him?

Relationship is two ways directions. It is reciprocal. Don't always sit on the fence waiting for your man to reach out to you before you reach out to him. Don't always wait for your man to reach out to you before finding out how life is treating him. Majority of you girls don't know how to care for a man. We men want to be shown love too.

The only thing that will make a man to stop talking to you is if you are just there contributing nothing to his life. But you want him to keep chasing you, professing unrealistic love to you while sitting right there folding your hands. No text, no call and you expect the man to waste his time with you. No way.

The only thing that will make someone you've spent 5 years with to stop talking to you is because you as a lady is not playing your role. You are not reaching out to him to check on him as often as you should for someone who truly wants to build a future with a man. He sees that you are just there always wanting him to be the one to do all the communications and building of the relationship. Don't blame the gentle man.

He must have found someone else who is doing all that you are not doing for him. What does it take to communicate with your man and always get involved in his life? It takes nothing - absolutely nothing. But you girls will be feeling like Queens of the coast putting all the work of maintaining a relationship on a man without doing nothing.

Do you truly expect such a man to choose you as a partner? What makes men choose women for wives is how supportive they are to men. Men choose women for life partner based on how supportive they can be to them.

In those days we see supportive fiancées and that makes men take such ladies for wives cuz they are supportive and not parasitics. They give good advice to their men and encourage them to attain higher feats in life. If a man do not see you as the supportive type, he will surely not take you seriously.

Brace yourself up and move on my sister. When you see the next man, learn how to fully get involved in his life. It will make make a man see you as the serious type.
respect to you sir
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by KayCee92(m): 9:22am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

Don't mind him, na him lose be that. Let continue from where he left off.....am the man for uuuu. Nice pix tongue grin cheesy
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by RealityShot: 9:24am On Nov 04, 2019
Offpoint:

I looked back and it felt it was just yesterday I was born.... brotherly life's too short.
Yesterday is gone, today's almost gone, tomorrow is never promised.
life's too short brother
my life has been so long..

just trying to remember the activities in the 5 years i spent in univ makes me realize how long life is..

i look back at the last years i have worked at one place.. I cant remember every month..

even this year... Can you remember all that happened last month?

LIFE IS VERY LONG...enjoy it every moment you have and plan for more

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by shomutuski(m): 9:24am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

Move on please!!!!

I've seen relationship of 10 years waste too but that doesn't justify yours....

The fact that he didn't give you closure is what i don't understand, why cut someone off just like that for no reason.

He's in Asaba!! The Ho capital central. Look at the bright side, ge isn't gonna claim to love you and be cheating..

I'm available if you really down for consistency.

No catfishing

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by djgreenland(m): 9:24am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
You have to call him, keep in touch... Maybe you stopped doing things you used to do.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 04, 2019
Someone on the front page said it's the op's fault. Ladies should learn how to be involved in their man's life, bla! Bla!! Bla!!!. They're trying to guilt trap you. Don't listen to any of them 'cause the second you feel it's your fault, you'll never move on. What your guy did is called 'Ghosting' it's very common for some reasons. Funnily, he's likely to come back begging and all that so free your mind.

My advice would be, don't make people the centre of your world. Humans will always disappoint you and create room for those disappointments so when it happens, it won't hurt so badly.

Secondly, men are everywhere and likewise the good ones; if one leaves you, there's no guarantee that a better one won't come. No one is indispensable. That has always been my 'motto' and it helps in moments where I would feel depressed because of one man's decision.

Lastly, don't hate. Even though you can't both be together, learn to like them for the fact that you didn't date a bad person, but a good person.

11 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Offpoint: 9:26am On Nov 04, 2019
RealityShot:
my life has been so long..

just trying to remember the activities in the 5 years i spent in univ makes me realize how long life is..

i look back at the last years i have worked at one place.. I cant remember every month..

even this year... Can you remember all that happened last month?

LIFE IS VERY LONG...enjoy it every moment you have and plan for more
I cannot can with you again, I'm retiring from this gate.

local man is tired
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:27am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

I have called countless times, sent messages on Whatsapp, no response, no replies.

My dad called, he picked, told him he’d call back, but never did.

He is not ill, neither is he dead, I know this because his mum still talks to me, and at this point I’m cutting her off.

I wish I knew what the problem is or what I did wrong, he is not a bad person, loved me while he was in Lagos, his family adores me, and mine adores him as well.

I wish I knew what I did wrong, but it is what it is.
VG

It is what it is......I like that.
Prepare ur mind for d worst even if u get to see him again or better still if he's trying to put u thru a test. Shit ain't roses

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Meliian(f): 9:28am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

I have called countless times, sent messages on Whatsapp, no response, no replies.

My dad called, he picked, told him he’d call back, but never did.

He is not ill, neither is he dead, I know this because his mum still talks to me, and at this point I’m cutting her off.

I wish I knew what the problem is or what I did wrong, he is not a bad person, loved me while he was in Lagos, his family adores me, and mine adores him as well.

I wish I knew what I did wrong, but it is what it is.

I really feel for you. Don't worry, someone better will come for you. I just wish he gave you closure.

3 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by fowlyansh181(m): 9:28am On Nov 04, 2019
fykes:
Well, mine went to Austria for her masters and I must admit, I got tired of the calls and videos and that was it.
Some of us, aren't just made for long distance things.

Again..some will be ur journey, another ur destination.
But u don't get to the destination if u ain't making the journey.
Take d positives... assuming it was a healthy relationship anyway
this is exactly it, long distance isn’t for me, out of sight means gradually going out of mind and heart.. I don’t do it on purpose, it’s just something I wish I can control.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by zyzxx(m): 9:30am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

That sometimes he just wants to be left alone, because he is an only child. And I should understand.

He’d get in touch when he’s out of his lone state.

This is someone I’ve known for 5 years, and suddenly he wants to be left alone?

If he’s going through stuff, shouldn’t I know? If there’s a secret he’s hiding, shouldn’t I know?

Too many questions...
and what are you still doing in lagos? if truly your know much about him the you will know how to handle him...
why don't you just leave for where he is to find out what wrong and save your relationship?

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Gaddafih001(m): 9:32am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
The guy definitely ran away from you on CODE..
You might have been toxic and over possessive unknowingly..

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by chigoizie7(m): 9:33am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

Thank you.

I'm fine health-wise...
Plus, I've not seen him in going to 2 years, we just talk on phone before the disappearance.

Would I take him back if he comes back? No

Are you kidding me? 2years?

You just said it all. Please move on dear. He has moved on. The signs has been there but you just failed to see it.

In those two years, he was busy building a relationship.

5 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 9:38am On Nov 04, 2019
shomutuski:

Move on please!!!!

I've seen relationship of 10 years waste too but that doesn't justify yours....

The fact that he didn't give you closure is what i don't understand, why cut someone off just like that for no reason.

He's in Asaba!! The Ho capital central. Look at the bright side, ge isn't gonna claim to love you and be cheating..

I'm available if you really down for consistency.

No catfishing

Lol... thank you

3 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by davidkingsley59(m): 9:39am On Nov 04, 2019
Have you reached out to his family and friends to confirm that he's hale and hearty? If yes, get his contact number and give him a call instead of crying blue mutder here on Nairaland. Sometimes, you really have to change your attitude in a relationship to get the love you desire. Work for it, babe. It may take time fo get him back. If he's just acting up, let him have all the fun but stay true to yourself. Life has a way of vindicating the upright.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Sunnyobums: 9:40am On Nov 04, 2019
franchasng:
Ladies listen to this guy.

One thing guys consider when choosing a partner is: how supportive you have been to him and his life journey.

If he is a criminal, do you support him becoming the best criminal

If he is a public fund looter like Tinubu and Buhari, do you support him to loot public funds completely without any trace like Buhari

Being supportive to your man will make him consider you top among other ladies he maybe seeing or eyeing.

On matter how rich he is, he still needs your support.

And if he is still coming up financially, he will be considering how supportive you can be to him financially.

Gone are the days guys choose a wife based on physical beauty alone, your big bombom like my own is no longer enough quality to get you a deserving husband today.

Me I get big bombom and plenty other qualities, so you see wink kiss
Pictures of your big bumbum or I don't believe it.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

"This is someone I PLANNED MY WHOLE LIFE AROUND"
My dear, that's the mistake you made. You don't plan your whole life around a human being. They're bound to fail. Only God cannot fail.
Please take heart .

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by BlackPantherCri: 9:41am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

Asaba girls and women have giving him otumorkpor to chop. Take heart baby girl.

Most of the young girls in Asaba claim actress and make up artists.

The married women are looking for young men to warm their beds. No young man is safe from those vultures.

3 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Yoighaman(m): 9:41am On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

So sorry dear, there's nothing as painful as a relationship silently ended without any reason or form of communication, it hurts so much, just even a sentence to know why, would ease the pain. I'm not bothered about who is at fault, ending a relationship in this way and manner is very unfair and cruel but hey! you have to move on if all efforts don't yield any result, don't force yourself on him, that might backfire later in life. Cut your losses and painfully move on, you would be fine along the way and find happiness again but most importantly, look inwards, unto thyself be true, check to see if you need to make amends and please do and always understand that the best is always yet to come, the beautiful ones are yet unborn, you never know what tomorrow holds for you. Cheers sist, best wishes.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by labodeolu(m): 9:42am On Nov 04, 2019
Mcslize:

It's your fault. Most of you ladies like forming champion even when you love a guy, always waiting for the guy to be the one to reach out to you. Common checking on a guy you're in a relationship with, you girls can't reach out to the person you claimed you love. How many times do you reach out to him? How many times do you check on him if he is still alive? Do you know what he has been passing through? Are you aware of his worries? Do you call him to find out how life is treating him?

Relationship is two ways directions. It is reciprocal. Don't always sit on the fence waiting for your man to reach out to you before you reach out to him. Don't always wait for your man to reach out to you before finding out how life is treating him. Majority of you girls don't know how to care for a man. We men want to be shown love too.

The only thing that will make a man to stop talking to you is if you are just there contributing nothing to his life. But you want him to keep chasing you, professing unrealistic love to you while sitting right there folding your hands. No text, no call and you expect the man to waste his time with you. No way.

The only thing that will make someone you've spent 5 years with to stop talking to you is because you as a lady is not playing your role. You are not reaching out to him to check on him as often as you should for someone who truly wants to build a future with a man. He sees that you are just there always wanting him to be the one to do all the communications and building of the relationship. Don't blame the gentle man.

He must have found someone else who is doing all that you are not doing for him. What does it take to communicate with your man and always get involved in his life? It takes nothing - absolutely nothing. But you girls will be feeling like Queens of the coast putting all the work of maintaining a relationship on a man without doing nothing.

Do you truly expect such a man to choose you as a partner? What makes men choose women for wives is how supportive they are to men. Men choose women for life partner based on how supportive they can be to them.

In those days we see supportive fiancées and that makes men take such ladies for wives cuz they are supportive and not parasitics. They give good advice to their men and encourage them to attain higher feats in life. If a man do not see you as the supportive type, he will surely not take you seriously.

Brace yourself up and move on my sister. When you see the next man, learn how to fully get involved in his life. It will make make a man see you as the serious type.

Valid point. That's one way to look at it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Infinix Rewards Man Who Kissed His Wife On Social Media With N300k For Valentine / I'm Afraid Of My Girlfriend / Evangelist And Medical Doctor Get Married After 10 Years Of Dating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.