Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,496 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:45 PM

My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (49606 Views)

Nigerian Lady Face Swells After 6years Relationship Ended / How A Three Weeks Old Relationship Ended Because Of Magzi Shawarma (photos) / RE: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by hkidola00(m): 10:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
franchasng:
He has been tired of you since and was looking for a way to escape and the transfer made things easy for him.

Girls should learn to love like guys. Until you are married officially, sister you are single. stop turning other guys down because of one guy you call boyfriend, whom you don't even know how many other girlfriends he has and maybe planning to marry. If he wants you to be his and his alone, let him go and pay your dowry and marry you officially.

While dating any guy, please give other guys a chance of friendship, if your so called boyfriend complains, tell him to go and pay your dowry or quit if he cannot stay.

If you have side boyfriends, it won't hurt you much when one boyfriend breaks your heart, you will just shift your attention to the next most qualified guy asking you out, that's how guys do.

Ladies grow up!! Threatening a guy for dumping you or quitting relationship with you is stupidity, move on to the next guy asap!
hoe

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by hkidola00(m): 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
IceColdVeins:
This was what I did to my ex......She was always thinking she's got the game like she alone was the shiit!!! She ruined my self esteem and abused me verbally, always tryinna making me feel dispensable and replaceable. Damn it was crazy fam, I cant give details! It all changed when I got that job in Lagos. She was still expecting me to chase her a$$ around but life was tough in Lagos then, she didnt give a shit about my welfare, all she wanted was her own mental balance. She broke up as usual, thinking I'd come around making ammends, fvck it!! I upheld the quit like a war flag.... She expected me to come back for about 6 months, then she texted me, tryinna place invalid curses on me.
I came back around town at the end of the year, I tried to see her, damn I could have sworn I almost puked at the sight of the eye-sore that she was.
SEEMED ALL HER CURSES WENT BACK TO HER!!
@making u feel dispensable...my girl is doing same to me...like for example,u say "y are acting like dis,or u want me to go after other girl?"...den she may reply "go after other girls na,shebi it ur body not my own,do it anyhow u want"..dose words dey hurrrttttt,i dont get to sleep attimes,im not sure i cud say dose to her,wev been dating for 3yrs...ive not called her in 4 wks now

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by hkidola00(m): 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2019
nigeriagospel:
very wrong alot of girls lost their chance with a man that's suppose to wife them playing such games, to the woman she is trying not to put all her eggs in one basket, but if the man finds out its cheating, which will make many thinks she will still cheat with those her boyfriend when married. Its not a one cap fit all thing.
y writing epistle and explanation to her...i called her a prostitute straight up...call her wot she is from d nonsense she wrote...having multiple boyfriends...stupid shameless hoe...dat how dey become single mother

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by STENON(f): 10:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
Work more on your self sister, come back to sing this song after 2 years ...

Shout out to My Ex
Song by Little Mix

This is a shout out to my ex
Heard he in love with some other chick
Yeah yeah, that hurt me, I'll admit
Forget that boy, I'm over it
I hope she gettin' better sex
Hope she ain't fakin' it like I did, babe
Took four long years to call it quits
Guess I should say thank you
For the hate yous and the tattoos
Oh baby, I'm cool by the way
Ain't sure I loved you anyway
Go 'head, babe, I'mma live my life, my life, yeah
Shout out to my ex, you're really quite the man
You made my heart break and that made me who I am
Here's to my ex, hey, look at me now
Well, I, I'm all the way up
I swear you'll never bring me down
Well, I'm, I'm all the way up
I swear you'll never, you'll never bring me down
Oh, I deleted all your pics
Then blocked your number from my phone
Yeah yeah, you took all you could get
But you ain't getting this love no more
'Cause now I'm living so legit
Even though you broke my heart in two, baby
But I snapped right back, I'm so brand new, baby
Boy, read my lips, I'm over you, over you, uh
For the "hate yous" and the tattoos
You'll never bring me down
Well, I'm all the way up
(You're quite the man)
Well, I'm, I'm all the way up, I swear you'll never bring me down
(You'll never bring me down)
(Won't you just look at me now)
Well, I'm, all the way up
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by AfroKnight: 11:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
hkidola00:
@making u feel dispensable...my girl is doing same to me...like for example,u say "y are acting like dis,or u want me to go after other girl?"...den she may reply "go after other girls na,shebi it ur body not my own,do it anyhow u want"..dose words dey hurrrttttt,i dont get to sleep attimes,im not sure i cud say dose to her,wev been dating for 3yrs...ive not called her in 4 wks now

Bro, don’t call her.

You just escaped a toxic relationship with a truly toxic woman. Thank your stars and move ahead. Don’t look back.

In 1 year, you will be glad you left her. I assure you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by tiffanyfan(f): 11:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
boiz2men:

Resentment is different from grudge

Ok....can you resent a lady and still be her friend ?
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by CaesarDon(m): 11:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

Thank you.

I'm fine health-wise...
Plus, I've not seen him in going to 2 years, we just talk on phone before the disappearance.

Would I take him back if he comes back? No

Trust me you sound like though you would take him back

I am kinda in a similar situation and her sis still contacts me, i dont know why sef, but i have had my fair share of experiences with naija ladies, no offense

i would say make away with anything that reminds you of him, cos i saw on one of your posts you still speak with his mom

She cannot claim to not be in the know that her son is in another relationship, .......wicked woman

Cut ties with his family, ...dont cyberstalk him wink , and open your heart to someone else available around, that's the only way you can get complete closure, take care.

3 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by AfroKnight: 12:02am On Nov 05, 2019
Nobleking2000:

What you said was really 100% correct most of them dont care to know how the person they call their boyfriend is doing all they want is the attention you give and the chase. My own girlfriend can stay for long without giving you even a missed call when you call her she will complain you dont care about her. But i have gone for nearly two months without calling her and.she has never cared to call me to check on me. Deep down me i have ended the relationship and move on so she can continue with her life.

Let me give you my advice.

Don’t look back. You made the right decision. Move on. If you think you alone can sustain the relationship with your calls and texts and care, you will burn yourself out and you still won’t feel any sort of fulfilment.

Girls like that don’t learn until it’s too late and you are not the one to teach her that lesson. The guy that will show her is still in the future.

Run away with your sanity intact bro. cheesy I know what I’m saying. In one year, look back on this decision and I assure you, you will be glad you left her.

It is not easy to heal from a toxic, draining relationship. Rome was not built in one day. But the city started with the first few slabs of stone. Take each day as a new beginning and one day you will realise that you don’t miss her anymore.

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by EngrBriggs: 1:22am On Nov 05, 2019
STENON:
Work more on your self sister, come back to sing this song after 2 years ...

Shout out to My Ex
Song by Little Mix

This is a shout out to my ex
Heard he in love with some other chick
Yeah yeah, that hurt me, I'll admit
I hope she gettin' better sex
Hope she ain't fakin' it like I did, babe
Took four long years to call it quits
For the hate yous and the tattoos
Well, I, I'm all the way up
Oh, I deleted all your pics
Then blocked your number from my phone
Yeah yeah, you took all you could get
But you ain't getting this love no more
'Cause now I'm living so legit
Even though you broke my heart in two, baby
But I snapped right back, I'm so brand new, baby
Boy, read my lips, I'm over you, over you, uh
For the "hate yous" and the tattoos
Well, I'm all the way up
(You're quite the man)
Well, I'm, I'm all the way up, I swear you'll never bring me down
(You'll never bring me down)
(Won't you just look at me now)
Well, I'm, all the way up
Sounds like a broken record. Lyrics reek of bitterness. Na joke ooogrin

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by wany(f): 2:57am On Nov 05, 2019
IgweBUIKE1:
respect to you sir

There is no respect here please. Dude is only looking for who to massage is ego,and sad broke guys hardly get such.
Word tongue
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by wany(f): 3:14am On Nov 05, 2019
hkidola00:
y writing epistle and explanation to her...i called her a prostitute straight up...call her wot she is from d nonsense she wrote...having multiple boyfriends...stupid shameless hoe...dat how dey become single mother

Been through most of your write up,you are the one pained.you need to grow up and fix yourself(bank alert)then may be you will get that girl that will stay and massage your ego.out side this Oyo is your case.

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by hkidola00(m): 4:17am On Nov 05, 2019
wany:

Been through most of your write up,you are the one pained.you need to grow up and fix yourself(bank alert)then may be you will get that girl that will stay and massage your ego.out side this Oyo is your case.
loolz,see dis one,as usual,d hoe in u will speak out,always about d money d guy can puts in ur hand and ur back for ground
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by GiantParrot(m): 4:21am On Nov 05, 2019
Nobleking2000:

What you said was really 100% correct most of them dont care to know how the person they call their boyfriend is doing all they want is the attention you give and the chase. My own girlfriend can stay for long without giving you even a missed call when you call her she will complain you dont care about her. But i have gone for nearly two months without calling her and.she has never cared to call me to check on me. Deep down me i have ended the relationship and move on so she can continue with her life.

I think the undeserved special treatment they receive for growing up female makes quite a lot of them immature, self-centered and inconsiderate in adulthood. No mature, rational man with a backbone should enable such behaviours in any woman.

I really don't know about your case in particular, but I long realised that it's really easy to let go of the majority of these young women when you choose to be rational and ask yourself: what is she even bringing to the table? Honestly, most of them are delusional and arrogant liabilities and should be treated as the liabilities that they are, nothing more. Here's the irony, the few who have something of value to offer know their worth, and yet tend to be more humble, considerate and sensible.

P.S. This comment is not directed at the OP.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by dejavo: 7:07am On Nov 05, 2019
LolaO:

I have called countless times, sent messages on Whatsapp, no response, no replies.

My dad called, he picked, told him he’d call back, but never did.

He is not ill, neither is he dead, I know this because his mum still talks to me, and at this point I’m cutting her off.

I wish I knew what the problem is or what I did wrong, he is not a bad person, loved me while he was in Lagos, his family adores me, and mine adores him as well.

I wish I knew what I did wrong, but it is what it is.

My dear,something is definitely wrong and I think d list below cud be the reason y he stopped calling and also stopped picking ur calls
1. Spiritual reasons. He might have gone somewhere or met someone that told him u r bringing bad luck to him or something might happen in the future if u both get married
2. A payback for cheating. U might have cheated before and u felt he has forgiven u but the hurt was still there. So he waited for a perfect time to get at u
3. Spiritual remote control. It is possible he got hooked wit a lady he felt he wanted to do chop clean mouth wit or a lady tripping for him . If that is d case then juju was used to make him forget u and concentrate on them
4. Health reasons. It is possible he discovered that ur guys have different genotype probably AS AS and he is finding it difficult to discuss it wit u
5.Destiny destroyers. Someone might have told him something terrible about u and he believed them so he used the change of location as d best way to let go
6. A new partner. .it is possible he met a new partner that have qualities or potentials that u dont have

So my dear it cud be any of these
Best thing is to get ursef involve in more church activities and move on

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by thowbie7ven(m): 8:21am On Nov 05, 2019
Samcent:
Guy, you be monitoring spirit? Take am easy...
So why are you pained? Mind the business that pays you bro
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by STENON(f): 8:44am On Nov 05, 2019
EngrBriggs:
Sounds like a broken record. Lyrics reek of bitterness. Na joke ooogrin
Weldone bro. I am sure some of your exes are achieving great in their respective careers ?
Some broken relationships are better than broken marriages.
Well, enough said.

If he broke up with you, continue chasing your dreams an you will find happiness. Relationship is not a fixed contract job.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by kevinexit(m): 9:11am On Nov 05, 2019
Hmmm operation DELTA Force.. is now incharge...

Examine your self...

Two things..
Maybe he has found someone else
Or he has discovered something about you
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Hazardfan1: 10:45am On Nov 05, 2019
LolaO:

Thank you for this @CHoccolaTE.
My mum said the exact same thing highlighted above.
You just summarized most of the issues we've been having without me having to. I didn't say much about what had been going on prior to this total cut-off, but you understood perfectly.

I already decided to move on.

Lolao, chocolate and your mum are very wise people. Whatever it is that you might have done is no excuse for him ghosting like that, it can be painful but you should see it as a blessing in disguise. A better man for you will come. Don't feel bad even if it might be hard, he doesn't deserve you, you're a lover girl and everyone including you deserves to be loved.

You'll find someone worthy, this is one of life's challenges, you'll come out strong.

Can I reach out to you? I wanna have a word.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by kudusman(m): 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
am so srry to hear dat dear....but if am to be honest with you i think he stop loving u a long time ago nd was only waiting for a safe way to exit the relationship, nd dat was wat he got with the transfer.funny as it may sound to hear dat is the best way of leaving with less emotional damsge... imagine him accusing u of cheating on him or being with other guys just to get a break up.so i think the best thing for u now is to just move on....MY OPINION THOUGH.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by boiz2men(m): 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2019
tiffanyfan:

Ok....can you resent a lady and still be her friend ?

It happens grin
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Allsingles: 4:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
LolaO:
My relationship of 5 years ended in the most heartbreaking way.

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

This is someone I had planned my whole life around.

Distance does not make the heart go fonder.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

I'm sorry to inform you that your sweetheart has met with another damsel
in Asaba.
A relationship of 5 good years is supposed to be sealed with marriage
2 years ago, however you can deal with the situation and over come it if you can
follow this untold Keys that makes Long Distance Relationship to Work
which is....
.https://allsinglesandmarried..com/2019/10/the-8-keys-that-make-long-distance.html
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Diavolo: 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
I'm not supporting the guy for just ghosting on her like that but I kind of understand Him cos I've been there. Some ladies don't put effort in the relationship, they just want the guy to do all the chasing and checking up and attention while they give nothing in return apart from sex. Now as she said, they've not seen in two years meaning he has not had sex with her for two years which might have been her major contribution. So logically, his love for her will gradually reduce till it dies and he just disappears from her life and abandons her in the relationship.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Dadaboy: 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
LolaO:

That sometimes he just wants to be left alone, because he is an only child. And I should understand.

He’d get in touch when he’s out of his lone state.

This is someone I’ve known for 5 years, and suddenly he wants to be left alone?

If he’s going through stuff, shouldn’t I know? If there’s a secret he’s hiding, shouldn’t I know?

Too many questions...
come to asaba let us find out
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hazardfan1:

Lolao, chocolate and your mum are very wise people. Whatever it is that you might have done is no excuse for him ghosting like that, it can be painful but you should see it as a blessing in disguise. A better man for you will come. Don't feel bad even if it might be hard, he doesn't deserve you, you're a lover girl and everyone including you deserves to be loved.

You'll find someone worthy, this is one of life's challenges, you'll come out strong.

Can I reach out to you? I wanna have a word.

Thank you smiley

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2019
Diavolo:
I'm not supporting the guy for just ghosting on her like that but I kind of understand Him cos I've been there. Some ladies don't put effort in the relationship, they just want the guy to do all the chasing and checking up and attention while they give nothing in return apart from sex. Now as she said, they've not seen in two years meaning he has not had sex with her for two years which might have been her major contribution. So logically, his love for her will gradually reduce till it dies and he just disappears from her life and abandons her in the relationship.

Lol...it is well with you.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hi Lola,

I really appreciate your calm demeanor and composure applied in responding to some comments on your heart-wrenching topic.

This are trying times, no doubt, but you will do great by just hanging in-there, continually to develop your career path plus engage in any hobbies that brings you joy. His memories will gradually slough away with time.

In the event he shows up later, you will be in a better mental and emotional position to make a firm decision that will be best for your overall well-being

If you ever care to use a friend in this time of distress; someone to make you feel better and appreciated, I could be of use for the interim.

Cheers.

LolaO:

Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by tiffanyfan(f): 11:58pm On Nov 05, 2019
boiz2men:

It happens grin

Hmmmm......a girl needs to be careful with the kind of people she call her friend
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 2:01am On Nov 06, 2019
Oops sorry
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by arnold123: 4:02am On Nov 06, 2019
LolaO:
My relationship of 5 years ended in the most heartbreaking way.

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

This is someone I had planned my whole life around.

Distance does not make the heart go fonder.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
what could be done about it?, I guess next to nothing if the wreckage of love has stepped in, i don't know how you guys actually live so i can't give an assumption as an answer, just be patient and find out what is going on, don't go ballistic and yell at any point because you won't get an answer by so doing..... Im single and happy mine was a lil bit more than 5 years and almost a lot of irreversible damage was done, stay calm please. Wish you well....�, don't think about it too much because it will affect you like it did to me and right now i find it hard to settle down MARRIAGE ISN'T FOR EVERYONE, JUST MAKE SURE YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING, GOD DOESN'T NEED TOO MUCH! ,HE UNDERSTANDS....
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by yeyeosoronga: 4:57am On Nov 06, 2019
LolaO:

Was God involved? Yes.
Family members and counselor? Yes
Did the relationship help us both become better? Yes.

I’m telling half of the story because I don’t even know the full story.

I wish I knew.

It's a case of out of sight, out of mind.
He's met someone else.

Move on with your own life...
You won't really find the closure you want from that relationship till after a few years when everyone's moved on.
All things happen for a reason.
Time to start mingling and dating again

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by yeyeosoronga: 5:03am On Nov 06, 2019
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by yeyeosoronga: 5:13am On Nov 06, 2019
LolaO:

Yes, I have. Once.
My job is also very demanding, thus no time to actually go visit as often I'd have loved to. Last time he came to Lagos was last year.

So, technically the relationship has been over since last year. I just got on the train late.

He probably has been coming to see his mother in Lagos, but you're not aware. They are already planning wedding with another girl.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

One Day Women In Hijab Will Be More Attractive Than Those Bitches In Bikini-lady / This Prom Photo Has Got The Net Buzzing / See What A Lady Posted On Twitter & The Lovely Response She Got

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.