Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (49288 Views)

How A Three Weeks Old Relationship Ended Because Of Magzi Shawarma (photos) / The Chat That Ended A 3-Year-Old Relationship (Photos) / RE: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
My relationship of 5 years ended in the most heartbreaking way.

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

This is someone I had planned my whole life around.

Distance does not make the heart go fonder.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

136 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Olalan(m): 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2019
Sorry Miss.......but did you really try to find out why he stopped communicating, dating for five years and a sudden change of attitude would have been caused by something.
BTW in the interim you just have to start loving yourself

129 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Ab025(m): 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2019
This is your own version.....I can't comment until I hear his version.

Women have a way of not telling us where/how they bleeped up when things go wrong...

514 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ab025:

Women have a way of not telling us where/how they bleeped up when things go wrong...

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by greatnaija01: 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2019
LolaO:

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

wow, sorry BUT your relationship may not have been healthy from the start.... here is why...

WAS GOD INVOLVED?

DID YOU BOTH INVOLVE A COUNSELOR OR FAMILY MEMBERS?

WERE YOU BOTH ON THE SAME PAGE AS REGARDS THE FUTURE?

Was it more PHYSICAL connection than soul satisfaction?

Was your relationship really helping you both become better?

DON'T COME HERE AND CRY then tell us HALF OF THE STORY meanwhile the guy may have a whole major reason for leaving.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Gaspardd(m): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
I am a nice guy and i live in asaba. Can we hook up?
I mean u come across so many nice guys but i am sure u wud just throw them away.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Rednaxelot: 8:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
Gaspardd:
I am a nice guy and i leave in asaba. Can we hook up?
I mean u come across so many nice guys but i am sure u wud just throw them away.
see this relationship scavenger

260 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Solvik(f): 8:14pm On Nov 03, 2019
There is more to this story...
My advice is if your conscience is void of offense towards him, my dear move on God will give you your own husband. Don't tie your happiness to anybody.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Newguyhere: 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2019
V
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by makydebbie(f): 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
Awwn op, lets look at the bright side, he probably wasn't the one for you.

Five years no be beans tho, damn.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by ednut1(m): 8:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
Some people cant quit relationships till the perfect opportunity arises. They will be chopping pussy/dik/money as he dey go

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nukilia: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
When God protects you from a bullet cheesy

Run as fast as your legs can carry you, there is something good about to happen to you grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by horpigee1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ab025:

You’re right.
I would like to hear his own version too, to know where I bleeped up.

However, in the mean time, my version is all I have.

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by fykes(m): 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
Well, mine went to Austria for her masters and I must admit, I got tired of the calls and videos and that was it.
Some of us, aren't just made for long distance things.

Again..some will be ur journey, another ur destination.
But u don't get to the destination if u ain't making the journey.
Take d positives... assuming it was a healthy relationship anyway

151 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
greatnaija01:

wow, sorry BUT your relationship may not have been healthy from the start.... here is why...

WAS GOD INVOLVED?

DID YOU BOTH INVOLVE A COUNSELOR OR FAMILY MEMBERS?

WERE YOU BOTH ON THE SAME PAGE AS REGARDS THE FUTURE?

Was it more PHYSICAL connection than soul satisfaction?

Was your relationship really helping you both become better?

DON'T COME HERE AND CRY then tell us HALF OF THE STORY meanwhile the guy may have a whole major reason for leaving.

Was God involved? Yes.
Family members and counselor? Yes
Did the relationship help us both become better? Yes.

I’m telling half of the story because I don’t even know the full story.

I wish I knew.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Mcslize: 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

It's your fault. Most of you ladies like forming champion even when you love a guy, always waiting for the guy to be the one to reach out to you. Common checking on a guy you're in a relationship with, you girls can't reach out to the person you claimed you love. How many times do you reach out to him? How many times do you check on him if he is still alive? Do you know what he has been passing through? Are you aware of his worries? Do you call him to find out how life is treating him?

Relationship is two ways directions. It is reciprocal. Don't always sit on the fence waiting for your man to reach out to you before you reach out to him. Don't always wait for your man to reach out to you before finding out how life is treating him. Majority of you girls don't know how to care for a man. We men want to be shown love too.

The only thing that will make a man to stop talking to you is if you are just there contributing nothing to his life. But you want him to keep chasing you, professing unrealistic love to you while sitting right there folding your hands. No text, no call and you expect the man to waste his time with you. No way.

The only thing that will make someone you've spent 5 years with to stop talking to you is because you as a lady is not playing your role. You are not reaching out to him to check on him as often as you should for someone who truly wants to build a future with a man. He sees that you are just there always wanting him to be the one to do all the communications and building of the relationship. Don't blame the gentle man.

He must have found someone else who is doing all that you are not doing for him. What does it take to communicate with your man and always get involved in his life? It takes nothing - absolutely nothing. But you girls will be feeling like Queens of the coast putting all the work of maintaining a relationship on a man without doing nothing.

Do you truly expect such a man to choose you as a partner? What makes men choose women for wives is how supportive they are to men. Men choose women for life partner based on how supportive they can be to them.

In those days we see supportive fiancées and that makes men take such ladies for wives cuz they are supportive and not parasitics. They give good advice to their men and encourage them to attain higher feats in life. If a man do not see you as the supportive type, he will surely not take you seriously.

Brace yourself up and move on my sister. When you see the next man, learn how to fully get involved in his life. It will make make a man see you as the serious type.

248 Likes 38 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2019
Gaspardd:
I am a nice guy and i leave in asaba. Can we hook up?
She's not in Asaba Mr man

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
Mcslize:

It's your fault. Most of you ladies like forming champion even when you love a guy, always waiting for the guy to be the one to reach out to you. Common checking on a guy you're in a relationship with, you girls can't reach out to the person you claimed you love. How many times do you reach out to him? How many times do you check on him if he is still alive? Do you know what he has been passing through? Are you aware of his worries? Do you call him to find out how life is treating him?

Relationship is two ways directions. It is reciprocal. Don't always sit on the fence waiting for your man to reach out to you before you reach out to him. Don't always wait for your man to reach out to you before finding out how life is treating him. Majority of you girls don't know how to care for a man. We men want to be shown love too.

The only thing that will make a man to stop talking to you is if you are just there contributing nothing to his life. But you want him to keep chasing you, professing unrealistic love to you while sitting right there folding your hands. No text, no call and you expect the man to waste his time with you. No way.

The only thing that will make someone you've spent 5 years with to stop talking to you is because you as a lady is not playing your role. You are not reaching out to him to check on him as often as you should for someone who truly wants to build a future with a man. He sees that you are just there always wanting him to be the one to do all the communications and building of the relationship. Don't blame the gentle man.

He must have found someone else who is doing all that you are not doing for him. What does it take to communicate with your man and always get involved in his life? It takes nothing - absolutely nothing. But you girls will be feeling like Queens of the coast putting all the work of maintaining a relationship on a man without doing nothing.

Do you truly expect such a man to choose you as a partner? What makes men choose women for wives is how supportive they are to men. Men choose women for life partner based on how supportive they can be to them.

In those days we see supportive fiancées and that makes men take such ladies for wives cuz they are supportive and not parasitics. They give good advice to their men and encourage them to attain higher feats in life. If a man do not see you as the supportive type, he will surely not take you seriously.

Brace yourself up and move on my sister. When you see the next man, learn how to fully get involved in his life. It will make make a man see you as the serious type.

Thank you for the advice.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 03, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
Stop all this victim's of a heartbreak.Why didn't you call him to find out how he is doing? Do you know whether he is ill?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Offpoint: 9:50pm On Nov 03, 2019
Listen to "Dear Anne" by Lil Wayne or "Something you forgot"

Out of sight, out of mind.

As for your relationship, I don't know how the whole shît started neither am I interested in why it ended... either ways, life continues.

Not every relationship will result to marriage, it's better a broken relationship than a broken marriage.

Life's too short to worry about who wants us and who doesn't....

My motto: "Fùck everybody exempt nobody, life's too short"

We met, we love, we laugh, we #*&*
It wen sour, we cry, we miss, we move on.
life's too short

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Gaspardd(m): 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Shea not in Asaba Mr man
I think i passed my msg correctly tho.
Can i send u a pm?
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 9:55pm On Nov 03, 2019
cucumbae:
Stop all this victim's of a heartbreak.Why didn't you call him to find out how he is doing? Do you know whether he is ill?

I have called countless times, sent messages on Whatsapp, no response, no replies.

My dad called, he picked, told him he’d call back, but never did.

He is not ill, neither is he dead, I know this because his mum still talks to me, and at this point I’m cutting her off.

I wish I knew what the problem is or what I did wrong, he is not a bad person, loved me while he was in Lagos, his family adores me, and mine adores him as well.

I wish I knew what I did wrong, but it is what it is.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
Mcslize:

She can't even call him to find out if all is well with him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by BigDick70inch(m): 10:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
Mcslize:

Op..
Guess u must be guilty of dis??

5 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
LolaO:

I have called countless times, sent messages on Whatsapp, no response, no replies.

He is not ill, neither is he dead, I know this because his mum still talks to me, and at this point I’m cutting her off.

I wish I knew what the problem is or what I did wrong, he is not a bad person, loved me while he was in Lagos, his family adores me, and mine adores him as well.

E get one babe wey she dey play with my emotion.I dey let her know say she dey hurt me but mba'she no dey hear.I just stop calling her for good.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by bogdaddy(m): 10:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
That’s so painful I’ve been feeling same as you
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Offpoint: 10:02pm On Nov 03, 2019
LolaO:

Baby girl, if you smoke weed... kindly wrap the biggest one ever, light it up, take a chair to your balcony, put on music on HT, loud it like there's no tomorrow, go back to your balcony and relax that chair, smoke that shît like there's no tomorrow and said to yourself "FÜCK IT, LIFE'S TOO SHORT BABY LOLA"

I swear you'll be OK, if you don't smoke weed...... just eat everything in your kitchen

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Shugargal(f): 10:07pm On Nov 03, 2019
LolaO:

Now you're talking to us, since his mum still talks to you, what has she said about his son where about in your life?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
Asaba has beautiful ladies, so maybe he don follow one, maybe just maybe

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by LolaO(f): 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2019
Shugargal:
Now you're talking to us, since his mum still talks to you, what has she said about his son where about in your life?

That sometimes he just wants to be left alone, because he is an only child. And I should understand.

He’d get in touch when he’s out of his lone state.

This is someone I’ve known for 5 years, and suddenly he wants to be left alone?

If he’s going through stuff, shouldn’t I know? If there’s a secret he’s hiding, shouldn’t I know?

Too many questions...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by murphyibiam15(m): 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
Mcslize:

this your write up is good,I have read it like twice,

25 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Inside Nigeria's Sex Trade / Man Narrates How His First Love's Betrayal Has Made It Difficult For Him To Love / LIES MEN TELL - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.