Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (49456 Views)

Nigerian Lady Face Swells After 6years Relationship Ended / How A Three Weeks Old Relationship Ended Because Of Magzi Shawarma (photos) / RE: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by makydebbie(f): 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2019
lefulefu:
he wants to chop free meat.. grin..wetin concern am in comprehending the story grin

Long time dear.

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by shadeyinka(m): 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

Was God involved? Yes.
Family members and counselor? Yes
Did the relationship help us both become better? Yes.

I’m telling half of the story because I don’t even know the full story.

I wish I knew.
Five years is too long. What were you doing?
Have you done your introduction ceremony?
When did you plan your engagement for?

Are you still doing boyfriend-girlfriend or fiance-fiancee relationship?
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
makydebbie:

Long time dear.
wow debbie wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink..hw u been?..longest a time

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Saintmary(f): 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:
My relationship of 5 years ended in the most heartbreaking way.

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

This is someone I had planned my whole life around.

Distance does not make the heart go fonder.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
What were you doing for your own personal future during your relationship, if you were not doing much, you will hurt badly when it ends, its looking like that already.
Solution:
1. Grieve, go through your withdrawal symptoms, anger, etc
2. Pick yourself up, start doing things for yourself, no matter how small, take your eyes off boys and men
3. Make yourself a woman of value, Nigeria is running at a deficit of talents because women are wasting their God given gifts while chasing men and marriage all over the place. Please help us bridge the gap in your own small way
4. Let this be your focus from now on: Making God proud, making your parents proud (they did not send you to school so you can waste it all in a man's kitchen), making you proud to be a valuable person
Have a lovely day

3 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2019
Guest007:

You typed all this rubbish with your hairy balls in your hand, wink
ogini? hairy wetin? shocked

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by makydebbie(f): 2:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
lefulefu:
wow debbie wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink..hw u been?..longest a time

I'm good oo, you?
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
makydebbie:

I'm good oo, you?
sure i can see u good cos u really look good on ur display pix wink.everything"s fine here and its a very sunny morning over here cheesy.nice seeing u again
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by shineeye1: 2:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

He got transferred to Asaba from Lagos and months later just stopped talking to me, no communication, no closure, nothing, just like that.
It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

He endured the relationship for five years!
His job outside your town may have been self designed.
It was probably an escape route !
You may be guilty of nothing before him.
He may even still love you beyond your imagination.
He may have realized that there is just no hope of future happiness for you or himself or both of you if you continue together because of an unresolvable issue.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by chyammy(f): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
Op I feel your pain

I had once been in a relationship with a guy for 2 years ,we were both discussing the future and all of a sudden he stopped communicating

Always withdrawn and never told me what the problem was....then one December I called him that I was coming to see him at his sisters place where we usually see if I couldn't get to him in ph where he reside and he said no,

It dawned on me that this guy was no more interested.....I felt hurt but I had to move on, though moving on wasn't easy because I kept asking myself what I did wrong.

I even called him after some months to ask what I did and he told me it was not me at all that it was him and I should put the blame on him....didn't know what that meant but I had to move on

After few years we were both married with kids and I ran into him in Lagos at a mall...he then told me why it didn't work out was that the parents wanted him to marry from his place (ngwa) and not from mine (nnewi) and he didn't know how to relate that with me .....hence his withdrawal from me

In a nutshell u need to see him to enable you get closure ...my thoughts though

3 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by farady(m): 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
chyammy:
Op I feel your pain

I had once been in a relationship with a guy for 2 years ,we were both discussing the future and all of a sudden he stopped communicating

Always withdrawn and never told me what the problem was....then one December I called him that I was coming to see him at his sisters place where we usually see if I couldn't get to him in ph where he reside and he said no,

It dawned on me that this guy was no more interested.....I felt hurt but I had to move on, though moving on wasn't easy because I kept asking myself what I did wrong.

I even called him after some months to ask what I did and he told me it was not me at all that it was him and I should put the blame on him....didn't know what that meant but I had to move on

After few years we were both married with kids and I ran into him in Lagos at a mall...he then told me why it didn't work out was that the parents wanted him to marry from his place (ngwa) and not from mine (nnewi) and he didn't know how to relate that with me .....hence his withdrawal from me

In a nutshell u need to see him to enable you get closure ...my thoughts though

Is there really any need for OP to see him for possible explanations? The OP has tried to reach out to him but the guy seems to be incommunicado. It's best she forgets him fast. Time is a healer. Maybe by chance they could run into each other just like in your case and all the unanswered questions would be cleared.

4 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Rozan10: 3:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

I am so hurt, it hurts.

Missy, I'll say my bit and I hope you read this. It will hurt, it's supposed to hurt. Finding out who is at fault for the abrupt end of the relationship is another waste of time. Just Learn what you need to learn from the ended relationship and move on.

Also if you dwell on any of the trash these microdick incels on the previous pages have posted you are on your own.

5 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by chukel(m): 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2019
Asaba babes have done it. Generally delta babes are too pretty
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Supergirl19: 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
Take heart babe,I know it hurts but time heals all wounds. You'll get the right man
LolaO:

I have called countless times, sent messages on Whatsapp, no response, no replies.

My dad called, he picked, told him he’d call back, but never did.

He is not ill, neither is he dead, I know this because his mum still talks to me, and at this point I’m cutting her off.

I wish I knew what the problem is or what I did wrong, he is not a bad person, loved me while he was in Lagos, his family adores me, and mine adores him as well.

I wish I knew what I did wrong, but it is what it is.

2 Likes

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by alphaNomega: 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

I have called countless times, sent messages on Whatsapp, no response, no replies.

He is not ill, neither is he dead, I know this because his mum still talks to me, and at this point I’m cutting her off.

I wish I knew what the problem is or what I did wrong, he is not a bad person, loved me while he was in Lagos, his family adores me, and mine adores him as well.

This one touch me, it's still a one-sided story so I will not comment further.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by jogsman01(m): 5:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

That sometimes he just wants to be left alone, because he is an only child. And I should understand.

He’d get in touch when he’s out of his lone state.

This is someone I’ve known for 5 years, and suddenly he wants to be left alone?

If he’s going through stuff, shouldn’t I know? If there’s a secret he’s hiding, shouldn’t I know?

Too many questions...
At this point, take a decision and stand by it. The Lord is your strength
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by tiffanyfan(f): 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
boiz2men:

Side note..

You look like a yahoo girl oo cheesy

Did you cheat or lied about something in those 5 years?

Chances are he has been resentful towards you if you did.

Can you hold a grudge of 5yrs against a lady and still be her boyfriend ?...aiye ma le o
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2019
lefulefu:
ogini? hairy wetin? shocked

lipsrsealed

grin

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by bekinyaro: 6:10pm On Nov 04, 2019
Go and pay him. Visit. Everything would be clear......
LolaO:

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by dview001(m): 6:15pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.

Stupid bitch, no man will just leave his girlfriend of five years...my guy don discover say you be coded runs girl.
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Mairice125: 6:15pm On Nov 04, 2019
Vibes Cartel ��
Offpoint:

Baby girl, if you smoke weed... kindly wrap the biggest one ever, light it up, take a chair to your balcony, put on music on HT, loud it like there's no tomorrow, go back to your balcony and relax that chair, smoke that shît like there's no tomorrow and said to yourself "FÜCK IT, LIFE'S TOO SHORT BABY LOLA"

I swear you'll be OK, if you don't smoke weed...... just eat everything in your kitchen
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by keloskid: 6:27pm On Nov 04, 2019
I am cutie and a lovely guy Lola my advice to u is for you to try something new and stop worrying urself abt nothing. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Memyselfu2009(m): 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
I perfectly understand how you are feeling somethings most guys are sick in the head. The fact is if you are in a relationship for one year going to two and the person is not talking about seeing each other parents or settlement down or having plans for you Boths it’s best you leave. I know you are hurt right now please go out spend time with family and friends your heart would heal that I assure you. Say safe and be happy

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by virago(f): 7:12pm On Nov 04, 2019
Ab025:
This is your own version.....I can't comment until I hear his version.

Women have a way of not telling us where/how they bleeped up when things go wrong...

It's what guys like to do , once there's an issue of distance or a break in communication they usually just fizzle out of the relationship. I can totally relate with her , there's no fvck up from her , all the blame belongs to him
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by aquadude15: 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
not the end of life.
maybe he did it because of me.
removing L from your name in my name.
nice meeting you
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by DonroxyII: 9:12pm On Nov 04, 2019
Na for girls to travel with their boo to Asaba ooo ...

Asaba girls dey snatch husband and bf now oo !!!
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by boiz2men(m): 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

Lol...Thank you for making me laugh

grin

Hope you didn't lie... That thing dey pain. It will make a guy feel like a fool..

Lie and cheating with a known or mutual friend are unforgivable sins in a relationship.

Anybody can forgive cheating.. But you see that lie... E too dey pain
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by boiz2men(m): 9:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
tiffanyfan:

Can you hold a grudge of 5yrs against a lady

and still be her boyfriend ?...aiye ma le o

Resentment is different from grudge

1 Like

Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by hkidola00(m): 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2019
LolaO:

It’s been 5 months now.

I am so hurt, it hurts.
shutup
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by DonroxyII: 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2019
Mcslize:

It's your fault. Most of you ladies like forming champion even when you love a guy, always waiting for the guy to be the one to reach out to you. Common checking on a guy you're in a relationship with, you girls can't reach out to the person you claimed you love. How many times do you reach out to him? How many times do you check on him if he is still alive? Do you know what he has been passing through? Are you aware of his worries? Do you call him to find out how life is treating him?

Relationship is two ways directions. It is reciprocal. Don't always sit on the fence waiting for your man to reach out to you before you reach out to him. Don't always wait for your man to reach out to you before finding out how life is treating him. Majority of you girls don't know how to care for a man. We men want to be shown love too.

The only thing that will make a man to stop talking to you is if you are just there contributing nothing to his life. But you want him to keep chasing you, professing unrealistic love to you while sitting right there folding your hands. No text, no call and you expect the man to waste his time with you. No way.

The only thing that will make someone you've spent 5 years with to stop talking to you is because you as a lady is not playing your role. You are not reaching out to him to check on him as often as you should for someone who truly wants to build a future with a man. He sees that you are just there always wanting him to be the one to do all the communications and building of the relationship. Don't blame the gentle man.

He must have found someone else who is doing all that you are not doing for him. What does it take to communicate with your man and always get involved in his life? It takes nothing - absolutely nothing. But you girls will be feeling like Queens of the coast putting all the work of maintaining a relationship on a man without doing nothing.

Do you truly expect such a man to choose you as a partner? What makes men choose women for wives is how supportive they are to men. Men choose women for life partner based on how supportive they can be to them.

In those days we see supportive fiancées and that makes men take such ladies for wives cuz they are supportive and not parasitics. They give good advice to their men and encourage them to attain higher feats in life. If a man do not see you as the supportive type, he will surely not take you seriously.

Brace yourself up and move on my sister. When you see the next man, learn how to fully get involved in his life. It will make make a man see you as the serious type.
]This is not always right .... some relationship are a failure ab initio no matter what either partner do !!
Ednut has said it all .... some person just wait for the right time to dump the partner...... Deep down we all know what we are doing !! ..... The other party might have fall in love deep enough not to see the hands

while you see your partner as destination, he/she sees you as a Journey .....

Always watch out for the inequality...... Don't be surprised..... Love but don't fall in love !!

Always Stand in Love grin @ LolaO
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
makydebbie:
Awwn op, lets look at the bright side, he probably wasn't the one for you.

Five years no be beans tho, damn.
odor e be like u carri o
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by hkidola00(m): 9:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
Guest007:

Spot on... I don't understand people who date this long with a dream to marry... Marry the person if you want to marry them or be happy with the companionship that you enjoyed for 5 years instead of crying wolf at the end.

I like my single life and space and only a husband and kids could change that... When I'm ready for them then I know what to do. People make life harder than it really is.
u words reeks of prostitute
Re: My 5 Year Old Relationship Ended Just Like That by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
hkidola00:
u words reeks of prostitute

It's your upper lip smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pls Help! My House Girl Is Tempting Me.. / Couple Cruise On Boat As They Give Their Pre-wedding Photos A Village Theme / Can I Forgive Her Past And Move On With Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.