Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,414 members, 7,843,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) (11806 Views)

Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View / Analysis - Buhari Win Means Nigeria, Not Chad, To Lead Boko Haram Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by abadaba(m): 10:08pm On Nov 16, 2010
DapoBear:

Heh, alright. Hopefully you won't complain if that occurs to you.
Dapo I feel sorry if a foul language has been used on you. But the message is very clear-We are Igbo but in the South-South. My people in Ahoada fought on Biafran side and has always maintained our Igbo identity.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by DapoBear(m): 10:14pm On Nov 16, 2010
abadaba:

Dapo I feel sorry if a foul language has been used on you. But the message is very clear-We are Igbo but in the South-South. My people in Ahoada fought on Biafran side and has always maintained our Igbo identity.

It isn't a big deal, tbh. But it seems a bit moronic to feign outrage when you already know someone's position, as chyz does; we've discussed this at least twice before. Either moronic or just dishonest.

Personally I'm pro self-determination. People should be able to vote and decide who then want to join up with. But obviously Nigeria as a whole is not going to feel this same way.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2010
It seems as though the whole Biafra, yoruba vs Igbo stuff has sprouted its head again after dying out weeks ago. I am now noticing that the emergence and fueling of it has been brought back and intensified by a non-Igbo, non-Yoruba NL member by the name of [size=13pt]Jason12345[/size], who is an Itsekiri,or so he claims. Watch his moves and see the reason for the tribal situation at hand. wink
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by abadaba(m): 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2010
alj harem:

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

why na angry angry angry why poo eater shocked shocked shocked

ok may be part of rivers and akwa ibom

c'mon that's it grin grin

unless u are a thieve

I do not know much about Akwa Ibom, but am primarily concerned with Rivers state where am from. I come from one of the numerous Igbo communities in Rivers state and we are no other group than Igbo. I have even told of the family I come from. Please show some respect to us Igbo in Rivers state.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 10:22pm On Nov 16, 2010
DapoBear:

It isn't a big deal, tbh. But it seems a bit moronic to feign outrage when you already know someone's position, as chyz does; we've discussed this at least twice before. Either moronic or just dishonest.

Personally I'm pro self-determination. People should be able to vote and decide who then want to join up with. But obviously Nigeria as a whole is not going to feel this same way.

i know your position and pro self-determination, i have no problem with it, all I'm just saying like I've said before you have to watch your tongue. Sometimes you don't realize the severity in what you say
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by aljharem(m): 10:28pm On Nov 16, 2010
abadaba:

I do not know much about Akwa Ibom, but am primarily concerned with Rivers state where am from. I come from one of the numerous Igbo communities in Rivers state and we are no other group than Igbo. I have even told of the family I come from. Please show some respect to us Igbo in Rivers state.

ok i would sorry for making u angry wink cheesy

but northerners in ebonyi states are not biafrans

i have a friend that is fulani and lived in ebonyi state all his life, and there are a lot of northern communties in ebonyi and rivers states (arewa states)

so as long as u do not categorise them as biafrans or biafra state, it is ok by me wink angry
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by jason12345: 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2010
chyz:

It seems as though the whole Biafra, yoruba vs Igbo stuff has sprouted its head again after dying out weeks ago. I am now noticing that the emergence and fueling of it has been brought back and intensified by a non-Igbo, non-Yoruba NL member by the name of [size=13pt]Jason12345[/size], who is an Itsekiri,or so he claims. Watch his moves and see the reason for the tribal situation at hand. wink

chyz, why are you mentioning my name?

a topic was brought up and i gave my point of view (which is neutral) and you think i am tribalist?

so if anyone opposes biafrans or say the truth, they must be yoruba? na wa ooo for you people!
i repeat

[size=15pt]I PERSONALLY THINK BIAFRA SHOULD GO (IF THEY WANT TO) SO PEACE CAN REIGN!

BIAFRANS WOULD BE HAPPY AND NIGERIANS WOULD BE HAPPY smiley smiley smiley grin. BUT DON'T YOU EVER THINK YOU CAN TAKE WHAT IS NOT YOURS!!!
[/size] thats is ND and make us a minority in your utopian city.

goodluck and peace out!
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 10:34pm On Nov 16, 2010
alj harem:

ok i would sorry for making u angry wink cheesy

but northerners in ebonyi states are not biafrans

i have a friend that is fulani and lived in ebonyi state all his life, and there are a lot of northern communties in ebonyi and rivers states (arewa states)

so as long as u do not categorise them as biafrans or biafra state, it is ok by me wink angry

There are not a lot of northern communities in ebonyi and rivers states. i think you are better off saying there are a lot of norther people in those states just like there are a lot of igbos in northern states. Those northern people are not from ebonyi or rivers so noone cares about what they want to call themselves but when biafra because a country they will be whatever citizens their people from northern nigeria are.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 10:36pm On Nov 16, 2010
jason12345:

chyz, why are you mentioning my name?

a topic was brought up and i gave my point of view (which is neutral) and you think i am tribalist?

so if anyone opposes biafrans or say the truth, they must be yoruba? na wa ooo for you people!
i repeat

[size=15pt]I PERSONALLY THINK BIAFRA SHOULD GO (IF THEY WANT TO) SO PEACE CAN REIGN!

BIAFRANS WOULD BE HAPPY AND NIGERIANS WOULD BE HAPPY smiley smiley smiley grin. BUT DON'T YOU EVER THINK YOU CAN TAKE WHAT IS NOT YOURS!!!
[/size] thats is ND and make us a minority in your utopian city.

goodluck and peace out!

I am from the Niger Delta so don't say [size=15pt]US[/size]. You are an itsekiri, a minority or the minorities. YOU ARE NOT YORUBA
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by jason12345: 10:44pm On Nov 16, 2010
chyz:

I am from the Niger Delta so don't say [size=15pt]US[/size]. You are an itsekiri, a minority or the minorities. YOU ARE NOT YORUBA

call me whatever! i have said what i want ! if you think you can take the niger-delta to your biafra without a war, then you are joking.

what the point of us ""the so called minorities"" coming to your biafra and be minorities? is there reason to that? i have made my contribution.

i want different people from different ethnic groups to make their contribution without the fear of being insulted or accused.

anyway, [size=15pt] biafrans want to leave nigeria because they think they are not running things so they want to form their country and fixing in the minorities to rule over. it will not,and never happen![/size]
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by aljharem(m): 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2010
jason12345:

call me whatever! i have said what i want ! if you think you can take the niger-delta to your biafra without a war, then you are joking.

what the point of us ""the so called minorities"" coming to your biafra and be minorities? is there reason to that? i have made my contribution.

i want different people from different ethnic groups to make their contribution without the fear of being insulted or accused.

anyway, [size=15pt] biafrans want to leave nigeria because they think they are not running things so they want to form their country and fixing in the minorities to rule over. it will not,and never happen![/size]

gbam

Allah bless u jason

God bless u jason
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2010
jason12345:

PLEASE NONE OF MY IGBO BROTHERS SHOULD INSULT YORUBAS FOR WHAT THIS GUY IS SAYING, He is not YORUBA he is ITSEKIRI.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by chyz(m): 10:48pm On Nov 16, 2010
alj harem:

gbam

Allah bless u jason

God bless u jason
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Small boy, u have come again.What of Eid Mubarak?
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by abadaba(m): 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2010
@Alh Harem: There are northerners in Ebonyi and other parts of Igboland. Also, there are Igbo people in the Northern states. My message is, the Igbo people in Rivers state feel insulted when you do not regared us as Igbo. There are also non Igbo groups in Rivers state, you can rightly refer them as non Igbo e.g Kalabaris, Ijaws, Ogoni etc. But my part of Rivers state, is the Igbo speaking part.
I do not personally feel Nigeria should disintegrate. But if that happens, the Igbo in South south will join their kins in the South east. I do not speak for the entire South South.
@Jason: The Itsekiri has never been part of the old east, so no shaken.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by udezue(m): 11:06pm On Nov 16, 2010
Jason1245,
Man why must you be such a slowpoke?

Speak only about the Itsekiri not ND coz the last time we checked ND is just not Igbo, or Ijaw or, Ogoni, or Itsekiri. How can u tell a fellwo ND that he cannot take ND? Are u daft? Just say Itsekiri people in ND won't go with Biafra. Honestly we don't care about you. You should be with Yoruba ur cousins. Nobody is asking for Itsekiri to join Biafra unless they want.

This topic shouldn't even concern u an Itsekiri since most Biafrans, Ibibio, Igbo, Ogoni don't even think of you when discussing Biafra.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by abadaba(m): 11:24pm On Nov 16, 2010
udezue:

Jason1245,
Man why must you be such a slowpoke?

Speak only about the Itsekiri not ND coz the last time we checked ND is just not Igbo, or Ijaw or, Ogoni, or Itsekiri. How can u tell a fellwo ND that he cannot take ND? Are u daft? Just say Itsekiri people in ND won't go with Biafra. Honestly we don't care about you. You should be with Yoruba your cousins. Nobody is asking for Itsekiri to join Biafra unless they want.

This topic shouldn't even concern u an Itsekiri since most Biafrans, Ibibio, Igbo, Ogoni don't even think of you when discussing Biafra.
God bless.
Pleasae condole Beneli here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-552009.0.html
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2010
It is really a pity if people don,t learn from past mistakes, this biafra issue has been trashed time without numbers

Ezeuche posted a thread about the asaba massacre, in that link i will advice chyz and abadaba to look for the story of dr ify uraih. He and his family are igbos from the mid west,  there is even a video of it some where, find out the various ways,  biafra went wrong, reasons why they lost, then think of better ways of making this biafra a reality because with the ways you guys are carrying on, it is only set for another massive loss.

As for jason 23142  it is also a pity that he has within a short period of time gain a reputation of, Fire starter, On the fence, and Emerging Tribalist, simply pathetic, i have always said that posters should have at least basic grasp of the issues at hand before typing their mind for the whole world to see.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by igbobuigbo: 12:00am On Nov 17, 2010
Dapo Bear (and possibly, Jason12345)

Got two questions for you on this topic:

1. Do you know who the president of the apex Igbo body, Ohaneze is? If you do, do you know where he comes from?
2. Would you agree that the Yorubas in Kogi and Kwara are no longer Yorubas but northerners?
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by jason12345: 12:03am On Nov 17, 2010
df2006:

It is really a pity if people don,t learn from past mistakes, this biafra issue has been trashed time without numbers

Ezeuche posted a thread about the asaba massacre, in that link i will advice chyz and abadaba to look for the story of dr ify uraih. He and his family are igbos from the mid west,  there is even a video of it some where, find out the various ways,  biafra went wrong, reasons why they lost, then think of better ways of making this biafra a reality because with the ways you guys are carrying on, it is only set for another massive loss.

As for jason 23142  it is also a pity that he has within a short period of time gain a reputation of, Fire starter, On the fence, and Emerging Tribalist, simply pathetic, i have always said that posters should have at least basic grasp of the issues at hand before typing their mind for the whole world to see.

abegi! how am i a triibalist?? what does a tribalist mean? does it mean anytime i speak my mind, i have become a tribalist?? dont i also insult the people that insult ndigbo, do you insult the people that insult other tribes? so, keep quiet.

were you all not there when i was called a minority and insignificant? did you all do anything? abeg, dont give me that crap that i am a tribalist. i have defended igbos were i needed to.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by Dawgpound: 12:09am On Nov 17, 2010
Jason, I am Rivers man, Ogoni to be precise. Are Ogoni people Itsekiri? I'm so sick ppl and their blanket term Niger Delta. U can't speak for us in Rivers talkless of Ijaw ur mortal enemy in Delta so stop it.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by jason12345: 12:13am On Nov 17, 2010
Dawgpound:

Jason, I am Rivers man, Ogoni to be precise. Are Ogoni people Itsekiri? I'm so sick ppl and their blanket term Niger Delta. U can't speak for us in Rivers talkless of Ijaw your mortal enemy in Delta so stop it.

when did i ever say i am speaking on behalf of itsekiri talkless of the whole nd?
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by aljharem(m): 12:14am On Nov 17, 2010
igbobuigbo:

1. Do you know who the president of the apex Igbo body, Ohaneze is? If you do, do you know where he comes from?
2. Would you agree that the Yorubas in Kogi and Kwara are no longer Yorubas but northerners?

sorry i would like to know how they are northerners, we northerners know ourself so do not impose yorubas on us, we do not want them angry angry angry

it is just like saying igbos in kano are northerners or igbos in lagos are yorubas

plas i beg no one want dirty yoruba people to come and destroy the north with there trablistic views on thing angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

in politics bukola and co can claim northerner but the emir rejected him repersenting the north

we northerners do not recognize bukola as a northerner, not now not ever

th sooner he gets it into his skull the better

yorubas are very cunning people, he is a yoruba that wants to rule over us northerners never!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by Dawgpound: 12:17am On Nov 17, 2010
@Jason, weren't you just talkin about ND is not going to be part of Biafra? When u say ND what exactly and who are u talking about?
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by aljharem(m): 12:20am On Nov 17, 2010
Dawgpound:

@Jason, weren't you just talkin about ND is not going to be part of Biafra? When u say ND what exactly and who are u talking about?

inyamari ogoni man
stop brothering jason ah ah
u dey crazy angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by Dawgpound: 12:25am On Nov 17, 2010
Alj Harem, gworo eater, mind ur business aboki.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by aljharem(m): 12:28am On Nov 17, 2010
who is ur aboki

u dey craze for head angry angry angry angry

why are u disturbing jason that does not want to be in biafra

note: there was never biafra and there would never be
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 17, 2010
jason12345:

abegi! how am i a triibalist?? what does a tribalist mean? does it mean anytime i speak my mind, i have become a tribalist?? dont i also insult the people that insult ndigbo, do you insult the people that insult other tribes? so, keep quiet.

were you all not there when i was called a minority and insignificant? did you all do anything? abeg, dont give me that crap that i am a tribalist. i have defended igbos were i needed to.

Having a reputation of a tribalist dose no necessarily mean  you are one, it only means that you are failing to convey to me what your real intentions are, which i think is as a result of your short grasp of these issues, do a more comprehensive study before speaking ur mind so as not to mislead people into coming to wrong conclusions.
As you can see a lot of niger deltans are telling u their mind which is at cross roads with yours.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by Dawgpound: 12:50am On Nov 17, 2010
Df2006, don't mind him. He thinks being a Southern minority gives him instant authority to speak on behalf of everyone.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by DapoBear(m): 6:39am On Nov 17, 2010
igbobuigbo:

[list]
[*] Dunno his name specifically, but I know he is Igbo from Rivers.
[*] They are still Yoruba, yes. But that doesn't necessarily mean they will be in a hypothetical state that included the SW; heck, I don't expect to incorporate territory in Sierra Leone, Benin Republic and Togo either. Yet all three of those states have varying amounts of Yoruba-speaking peoples in them.
[/list]

Look, personally I want Kwara and Western Kogi to join. But it isn't something I can do unilaterally, is it? First of all, the people themselves have a significant say. If I want them to join but they don't want to, I cannot force them. Second, unfortunately, the region they are currently considered a part of also has a say. Realistically, Kwara has some of the best farmland in all of Nigeria. So it isn't a territory I'd want to give up as a Northerner with at least negotiating (or possibly fighting) for.
Sorta see what I'm saying here? There are least three parties of interest here; I cannot completely ignore the interests of the two other stakeholders (namely, the citizens of those states and the region they are currently considered a part of) and act unilaterally.
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 17, 2010
I dont know why Jason12345's origin of birth should prevent him from speaking his mind on Nigerian- Biafran matter.

People wey no get anything else to vex on go grab at any straw they see grin grin
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by excoba101: 6:42am On Nov 17, 2010
is benin and delta (bendel) part of biafra?
Re: Nigeria And Biafra Rep. (why Is Nigeria Not Letting Go?) by bkbabe97y(m): 6:49am On Nov 17, 2010
DapoBear:

Soon, u'll see Chyz for what he really is: A soft spoken, but hard hearted, lying, deceitful, Biafran to the core. Just a typical Ibo man, I guess. . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari’ll Fight Corruption Like I Did —guinea President / We Arrest Boko Haram Members In Lagos Almost On Daily Basis – Army General / Fire Guts Port Harcourt Refinery Section On New Year’s Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.