Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor (17652 Views)

Ezekwesili Knocks Al-makura Over Alleged Assault On Woman / Photo Of Alleged PDP Dollars; PDP Dismisses Allegation / Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by manny4life(m): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2010
I thought this topic had died a painful death? I guess I was wrong.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2010
make me see where he go end
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by aminalib(f): 10:32pm On Nov 19, 2010
lol still going strong
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by silentc(m): 11:08pm On Nov 19, 2010
So what happens to those of us that were quiet and civil and still got beaten up by the police/mopol due to their power/ego trip? Complained to the police and nothing came out of it?

Where is the balance or argument with regards to the police that beat someone up on the street for not getting out of the way on time? Are you saying this doesn't happen regularly in Nigeria?

While I am not saying that being aggressive is the right way (but I wont judge the actress who chose to go ballistic) , I also don't believe or agree on the point that being civil and trying to follow logic in this specific scenario will work in my opinion and personal experience.

Each to his own opinion and experiences I say.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 19, 2010
silentc:

So what happens to those of us that were quiet and civil and still got beaten up by the police/mopol due to their power/ego trip? Complained to the police and nothing came out of it?
Where is the balance or argument with regards to the police that beat someone up on the street for not getting out of the way on time? Are you saying this doesn't happen regularly in Nigeria?
While I am not saying that being aggressive is the right way (but I wont judge the actress who chose to go ballistic) , I also don't believe or agree on the point that being civil and trying to follow logic in this specific scenario will work in my opinion and personal experience.
Your problem is that you are drawing unwarranted conclusions from a specific clip. Suppose the  police were not in a good mood that day or were determined to enforce the law.
It still would be very crazy of you to think you could get your way with armed policemen or soldiers in Nigeria just by acting crazy.
How many butts of a gun to the jaw does it take to shut up a crazy loudmouth??
If You think armed security personnel in Nigeria are reluctant to apply such violence then clearly you are just incredibly naive.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Nov 19, 2010
silentc:

Unless you are going to tell us next that only those that act out/throw tantrums get justice, I don’t know what you expect from me for that question there.

The system is corrupt – we all get that part – but that ain’t no reason for average folks to decide to act like AGBEROS. These police officers are human beings and we have been dealing with them for a long time this way. Becoming like them is not a solution at all.  The law remains our main weapon and not until we start using it to our own benefit will we ever see progress. Please understand that complaining to the police is not where it should stop. Come out here to see how far people will go to get justice. We have people/groups going as far as the Supreme Court to get their cases heard. I can state that we do not even push hard enough down in Nigeria for justice.

silentc:

I understand your opinion there but lets examine reality here. Your actress claimed she was beaten. So, even though she chose to show AGIDI, she still got beaten? Or we now pretending the AGIDI came in AFTER the beating? Now, your actress eventually went to the authorities to report her case and then to the courts to file a case against the perpetrators. Considering all this, what part did the AGIDI play in any of the real facts we have of the case? How exactly did it help her or her case?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Unless you are going to tell us next that only those that act out/throw tantrums get justice, I don’t know what you expect from me for that question I understand your opinion there but lets examine reality here. Your actress claimed she was beaten. So, even though she chose to show AGIDI, she still got beaten? Or we now pretending the AGIDI came in AFTER the beating? Now, your actress eventually went to the authorities to report her case and then to the courts to file a case against the perpetrators. Considering all this, what part did the AGIDI play in any of the real facts we have of the case? How exactly did it help her or her case?
Well a lot of people are deluding themselves that she was dealt with BEFORE her crazy antics although there was no evidence of that in the clip.
The question is how many punches or gun butts to the jaw are required to keep a loudmouth quiet. Are the police not empowered to use force against disorderly persons?
Is it not pure common sense to keep your cool and then afterwards file an official complaint. How many Nigerians take the trouble to do this.
It is not about the system being "corrupt" whatever that means but people just taking the easy way out.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Blazay(m): 11:44pm On Nov 19, 2010
honeric01:

I pity your likes, your likes are the type that die without being heard of, when your likes are suppose to voice out, you end up doing the wrong thing at the wrong time ending up at the wrong place at the wrong time. embarassed

You didn't care to know what happened between these points, yet you are QUICK [/b]to call her a lunatic that lacks self control, can you listen to yourself? undecided

The whole issue started from the island, the video started filming at the front of the police station at Onikan, do you know how many minutes drive it takes to get from Ozumba to Onikan in that kinda traffic? [b]did you imagine what must have happened between these points that made her grow in confidence?
yet you have[b] [size=16pt]the audacity [/size] [/b] to call her a lunatic, some people sha! sad

Gbam!
Gbam!
Gbamology!

If it were their own mother, sister, aunt or daughter/niece, these natural-born cowards will be singing a different tune. What do we expect? Most of them come from those parts of Nigeria where you are only seen but not heard. As long as they can be found 'gasping' for breath even in their own feces, they will always thank God for 'life' even where death is the only honourable way out.

Forgetting they "stole" her other camera too.
It was only when she started filming the 'evidence', they pounced on her like a pack of hyenas.
Nigerians are cowards I tell you.
Only a fool will take the side of ANY rouge-enforcement agent against ANY civilian in Nigeria(including the Ribadu himself. OBJ's houseboy)
Only JTF(hopefully the "J" there truly stands for "Joint"wink, is truly the most credible law enforcement agency in Nigeria imho. cool

Who will get beaten by a gang of area boys masquerading as law-enforcement agents and not be incensed? undecided
Dragged out of your car(a female for that matter), beaten up like some piece of trash?
Somebody's daughter? Just look at her face? A woman?

And people will be shouting Sharia, Sharia. Is this not worse than Sharia? undecided
Did she just wake up and start creaming like a mad woman, having been violated by a pack of rats.

I hope Mrs. Ufuoma Ejenobor-WhiteMan knows where the daughters of the House Speaker or House Parrot live. I think it is time to return the favor. I will personally send area fadas to visit his own daughters wherever they may reside in Nigeria or outside Nigeria, for some real beatings.

An eye for an eye is the only language Nigerians understand. Last man standing, first to die.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by cold(m): 11:50pm On Nov 19, 2010
tensor777:

Well a lot of people are deluding themselves that she was dealt with BEFORE her crazy antics although there was no evidence of that in the clip.
The question is how many gun butts to the jaw are required to keep a loudmouth quiet. Are the police not empowered to use force against disorderly persons?
Is it not pure common sense to keep your cool and then afterwards file an official complaint. How many Nigerians take the trouble to do this
Agreed,she went over the top with her 'Urhobo girl' stuff.At the same time it's obvious that video was doctored & the beating part removed.Unless u've been in a similar situation u'll neva understand.I rememba one tym bak in naija when i was harrassed by the police cuz they felt one of my tyres wasn't inflated to the right size & for that rzn insisted i must follow them to the station.I almost went berserk.You need to understand her state of mind at the time.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Blazay(m): 12:08am On Nov 20, 2010
tensor777:

What is jungle justice. Justice against an armed officer of the law acting in accordance with the law?[/b]Was she not arrested and beaten up despite all her crazy antics?

I pity your life.
It is people like you, robbers will visit your homes as "armed officers" of the night, despoiling and beating up your wives and daughters and your only option is to fan them to save your neck. Afterall, they are 'armed officers'. I can hear you chanting with beads of sweat running down your neck and forehead saying:

"Do it like this officer
Do it like that officer
That is not the correct angle". cheesy

You will prolly show them the best spots to [b]"do it"
if they are not getting "it' right as you 'self-service' off on yourself in one corner thanking God for sparing your 'lives'.
Like James Ibori of course. Who had sister, wife, baby momma all facing jail terms in London but went about his business without shame, with yet another wife(some wife I should say) "just newly happily married and happily ever after" like all the wives he previously had.

Ewu armed officers.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 12:12am On Nov 20, 2010
^^ You are assuming there that folks who do not share your view have never been in similar situation??

That would be a mistake actually. I have had my share of run ins with the police, in Nigeria. On most every occasion, I have kept my cool on most every occasion. Yes, it is definitely frustrating but I am yet to read of a case when someone lost his/her cool and justice came as a result.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Blazay(m): 12:14am On Nov 20, 2010
^^^
Please, think Nigeria.
First, this is a female.
How dare they?

You hit her car and you proceed to bully her on top of it?

If you they were truly law-enforcement agents, nothing stopped them from guaranteeing her safety FIRST.
Then doing the right thing, as in accessing for damages and allowing the offending parties to make arrangements for restitution.

But of course, we know better.

Even where MOST you are given an admixture of urine and feces in a cup and told it is the 'holy sacrament', most of you will still shout AMEN, after smelling and tasting it.

God forbid!
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 12:27am On Nov 20, 2010
Blazay:

^^^
Please, think Nigeria.
First, this is a female.
How dare they?

You hit her car and you proceed to bully her on top of it?

If you they were truly law-enforcement agents, nothing stopped them from guaranteeing her safety FIRST.
Then doing the right thing, as in accessing for damages and allowing the offending parties to make arrangements for restitution.

But of course, we know better.

Even where MOST you are given an admixture of urine and feces in a cup and told it is the 'holy sacrament', most of you will still shout AMEN, after smelling and tasting it.

God forbid!

The posts in bold there tell me you are most likely a bit too naive to understand why people are calling for people not to resort to such behavior. Are you speaking of the same Nigeria where women are still, on the most part, considered property? Or are you just in the mood to ramble?

Yes, she is a woman and even more reason why her acting like a caged wild animal could have easily turned her situation worse. We have the law on our side and it is time to start using it en masse. We already have a weapon we can fight with. We can already make a stand by using the law to fight against all this -- there is no need to continue the old violence we are trying to get away from.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Blazay(m): 4:28am On Nov 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

The posts in bold there tell me you are most likely a bit too naive to understand why people are calling for people not to resort to such behavior. Are you speaking of the same Nigeria where women are still, on the most part, considered property? Or are you just in the mood to ramble?

Yes, she is a woman and even more reason why her acting like a caged wild animal could have easily turned her situation worse. We have the law on our side and it is time to start using it en masse. We already have a weapon we can fight with. We can already make a stand by using the law to fight against all this -- there is no need to continue the old violence we are trying to get away from.

Oh?
Really? What laws do you have in Nigeria? Uzoma is still fighting for justice till this day? Any results? What happened to her aggressors? Business as usual.
Now we know not all females can play dead in the face of oppression. No wonder she married a white man. I am also glad she is not a stark illiterate. Did you hear her?

"I ready to die!"

If were her, I would make good on those threats and make sure one or ALL of his(the speaker's) own daughters get/s the same treatment/s. I would definitely hunt them down like wild cattle.

I admire her courage. They should have finished the job by gunning her down or despoiling her, like we were used to reading prior to "nokia" days.

There are things worth living for and there are things worth dying for.

Cowardice is NOT an option.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 20, 2010
Yawwwn awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnn!!!

@Kobo
Continue talking some sense into these ppl jare.
One does not need to act like a village woman to be courageous.

I guess she had her anger pent up all these while and it just blew up in the video.
And I guess she's now the epitome and "Strong Woman" for Nigerian women abi?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Blazay(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2010
Only cowards make general statements, you dingbat. Since I am not one and will never be, I chose to reply you DIRECTLY, as a cyber non-entity you are and will always be. kiss You sychophantic, anti-tribalism mascot of NL.

stillwater

Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor
« #104 on: November 18, 2010, 05:22 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Blazay on November 17, 2010, 11:08 PM
Why don't you tell that to the likes of Ileke-Idi and fstranger.
You coward!

Do you lack comprehension skills or are you just mentally ill? Choose one.
My first comment was in general terms. Where did I pick you out? But you quoted me probably because guilt was killing you inside. May that guilt paralyze every nerve in you body. Freaking insecured brat. Your ogas have left the house and now you can use the computer as a houseboy abi? Better go and wash their clothes before they get back. We don't want you beaten black and blue, do we?

It is those 2 demented, imbeciles that were caught unclothed between the Nigerian and Liberian borders as randy, drunken, ECOMOG soldiers who conceived you that are mentally and physicaly-challanged.  Not your fault.  Blame the rotten, dead whales you and your family/ancestors have been eating for centuries by the Badagry Express for meager sustenance which must have stunted your mental growth and physical maturity.

Please, move aside and let others with brains continue.

Guilt killing your insides indeed.
You must think you are somebody around here or something.

MOFO!

Or should I say:

FAFO!
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by hercules07: 9:08am On Nov 20, 2010
The woman should have handled it in a better way, we all know that it is only the Governor that should blow siren, what I do in situations like this is to check out if there are police men in the convoy, if they are, I move out of the way sharp sharp while gesticulating at them. I have been in a situation where the convoy of Gbenga Daniel was on its way to the Airport, they actually asked nicely for me to move aside, which I did of course. The Nigeria Police no send anybody o
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 9:57am On Nov 20, 2010
Blazay:

Oh?
Really? What laws do you have in Nigeria? Uzoma is still fighting for justice till this day? Any results? What happened to her aggressors? Business as usual.
Now we know not all females can play dead in the face of oppression. No wonder she married a white man. I am also glad she is not a stark illiterate. Did you hear her?

"I ready to die!"

If were her, I would make good on those threats and make sure one or ALL of his(the speaker's) own daughters get/s the same treatment/s. I would definitely hunt them down like wild cattle.

I admire her courage. They should have finished the job by gunning her down or despoiling her, like we were used to reading prior to "nokia" days.

There are things worth living for and there are things worth dying for.

Cowardice is NOT an option.

So you do not see how counter to your claim your own admission on here is? You tell me she was courageous and then you also admit that her tirade did not help her at all since she is also having to fight her case in court like everyone else. Is it that you do not see how unhelpful her tirade was in the end?

Also, is it that we have amnesia when we want or something? This incident happened in Lagos state one of the only states where there is actually progress in that country yet you claim the courts do not work simply because you refuse to take advantage of the opportunity that is now available to you? Do you not see the problem in your claim there?

I say this over and over. The people are part of the problem . .  even when served up a good governor on a platter of gold(I do not believe the people really voted this man in or knew what he really stood for in the beginning), people like you refuse to take advantage of the opportunity made available but would rather continue to claim the system is bad. Your heroine is in court and her case will likely take some time to be tackled but if she pushes she will not only get her day in court but also get justice, just like so many others before her who rather than going on a tirade, chose instead to stay calm through the ordeal to fight using the law instead, she will get justice.

What we need is more people using the system to fight this corrupt system, not more people throwing violent tantrums that could potentially get them killed.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Blazay(m): 11:00am On Nov 20, 2010
@Kobojunkie,

All this your grammar will only work in a civilized country of which Nigeria is not.
Yes, you can keep your cool, but that approach does not necessarily work all the time. I would have reacted differently, true.
But we are not Ufuoma and we cannot say what we would have done if faced with the same.

Nigeria has extremely frustrating circumstances and one can only tolerate so much.
I hope she takes it further than this and gets a hold of the children of those dudes. An eye for an eye.
Simple.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 11:16am On Nov 20, 2010
Blazay:

@Kobojunkie,

All this your grammar will only work in a civilized country of which Nigeria is not.
Yes, you can keep your cool, but that approach does not necessarily work all the time. I would have reacted differently, true.
But we are not Ufuoma and we cannot say what we would have done if faced with the same.

Nigeria has extremely frustrating circumstances and one can only tolerate so much.
I hope she takes it further than this and gets a hold of the children of those dudes. An eye for an eye.
Simple.

Which grammar again? Is that code for “I will not attempt to read and understand what is being said or asked but will continue to post for the sake of it”?
Here again for you to think upon – Your ufuoma’s tirade did not
a) Save her from being beaten and treated in much the same way many have
b) Did not work for her as she ended up with her car in the gutter and being left screaming on the side of the road looking like a deranged woman in the video
c) Get her justice – she still had to present her case to the same authorities and match off to court like every other person out there
d) Bring the cameras – matter of fact, I suspect one of the many reasons why this probably did not turn out worse is because there was a camera there. If there was no one recording, who knows what else could have gone wrong. Last I checked, most people do not have camera’s available when something similar happens to them

Suggesting, knowing all this, that ordinary people should also throw a tirade when faced with similar, is admitting ignorance of the fact that this particular case is NOWHERE near the obtained norm in the same Nigeria. Many people who have found themselves in similar situation and thrown a tirade have had to pay dearly for it. It is no secret. There are many who have found themselves in similar, some even worse and have not lived to tell of it. So recommending that people launch into a tirade when harassed by police is disconnected reasoning – disconnected in the sense that it rather reveals how disconnected one truly is from the reality of things on ground.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by kpalasa69(m): 11:30am On Nov 20, 2010
this makes me wonder who I feel safe with Police or Thief, Men let me continue with my European experience Jooor
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nimshi: 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2010
Seven or so minutes of hell she gave them in that clip;

Fantastic lady!

Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Blazay(m): 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Which grammar again? Is that code for “I will not attempt to read and understand what is being said or asked but will continue to post for the sake of it”? Here again for you to think upon – Your ufuoma’s tirade did not
a) Save her from being beaten and treated in much the same way many have
b) Did not work for her as she ended up with her car in the gutter and being left screaming on the side of the road looking like a deranged woman in the video
c) Get her justice – she still had to present her case to the same authorities and match off to court like every other person out there
d) Bring the cameras – matter of fact, I suspect one of the many reasons why this probably did not turn out worse is because there was a camera there. If there was no one recording, who knows what else could have gone wrong. Last I checked, most people do not have camera’s available when something similar happens to them

Suggesting, knowing all this, that ordinary people should also throw a tirade when faced with similar, is admitting ignorance of the fact that this particular case is NOWHERE near the obtained norm in the same Nigeria. Many people who have found themselves in similar situation and thrown a tirade have had to pay dearly for it. It is no secret. There are many who have found themselves in similar, some even worse and have not lived to tell of it. So recommending that people launch into a tirade when harassed by police is disconnected reasoning – disconnected in the sense that it rather reveals[b] how disconnected one truly is from the reality of things on ground.[/b]

Moving on.

*click*

As in hanging up my phone.
Next caller please.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by bababuff(m): 4:25pm On Nov 20, 2010
Never knew a Nigerian policeman could be this calm, and well manner.
The deputy commissioner of police is a complete gentleman. My respect, to that officer. cool cool cool
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 20, 2010
According to the posts on this thread, it's safe to say that everyone is correct.
Those that are presently in Nigeria applauds her "courageous attitude" while the Nigerians abroad discourages her "village-style attitude".
For NIN to support her behavior, that goes to show how deplorable Nigeria's police community has become. I am one of those that believe that to be "bold and daring", one must be fearless but yet fearless without a display of insanity.

If justice cannot be attempted/achieved without display of anger and lunatic behavior, how stable is our society? Because infact, her act was courageous to those normally suppressed and treated unfairly. Just like Rosa Park later became an epitome of courage when she refused to get up for her suppressor.

In a stable society, an act like the one displayed by Ufoma would have justified her an arrest for public disturbance. She would have been branded a nuisance to the society.

So basically everybody is right because our society determines what we assume as courageous.

But a society that sees her act as courageous needs to infact reflect on itself and its police department.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2010
Nimshi:

Fantastic lady!
And what was the effect of that or more importantly what changed? Was she still not arrested and ruthlessly dealt with. Nigerians have been known to rake and raise hell over the years when accosted by the police but at the end of the day they still give in to them. What's new acting like a lunatic and doing Agidi for the NPF??
Does wisdom not suggest that a more considered, rational approach is needed which would, amongst other things, involve filing an action against the police on whatever grounds the victim feels aggrieved and following up the case in the legal system.
Revenge they say is a dish best served cold.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Nov 20, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

If justice cannot be attempted/achieved without display of anger and lunatic behavior, how stable is our society? Because infact, her act was courageous to those normally suppressed and treated unfairly. Just like Rosa Park later became an epitome of courage when she refused to get up for her suppressor.

Please do not dare compare this to what Rosa Parks did. Rosa Parks only refused to get to the back of the bus because LEGALLY she had the right to be where she was. Rosa Parks STOOD her grounds -- she did not launch into a tirade and neither did she attempt to FIGHT BACK the forces. She acted in a very civil manner all through, while stating her side to those who came to remove her.

Your celeb there decided to act like a village woman -- She did not even stand her ground because I don't see where she did that, even in that video. Your celeb there ended up going to file her case like a good citizen would and eventually taking her case to the courts like a good citizen would at the end of the day.

If Rosa Parks had thrown a tantrum like you lady here, she would have been pulled out of that bus in a body bag instead. Remember back then racism was rampant in the police and it is almost definite that one of those monsters would have shot her dead right there if she had not kept her cool through it all.

Let's not turn this into an NIN vs NID case. There are comments from Nigerians in Nigeria discouraging this sort of behaviour. We just read from someone who was bold enough to admit that the authorities are not always this hash when requesting that folks get out of the way and that it is always good to keep one's cool and later deal with issues APPROPRIATELY.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by awuf2008: 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2010
I saw d video. 4rm d look of things it is like d lady was used to achieve somebody's aims or get cheap publicity. Had it bn d lady knew she was bn filmed, she would hv aborted her devilish plan. D lady should be prosecuted for her unrully behaviour.
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by oyinda3(f): 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2010
Nimshi:

Fantastic lady!

hahaha. she did give them hell!!! just like they deserved grin
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by honeric01(m): 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2010
awuf2008:

I saw d video. 4rm d look of things it is like d lady was used to achieve somebody's aims or get cheap publicity. Had it bn d lady knew she was bn filmed, she would hv aborted her devilish plan. D lady should be prosecuted for her unrully behaviour.

Don't be spoonfed, the video was doctored, ask yourself, why did the video start filming at that point (onikan) when the actual deed happened on Ozumba way far away on the Island?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Please do not dare compare this to what Rosa Parks did. Rosa Parks only refused to get to the back of the bus because LEGALLY she had the right to be where she was. Rosa Parks STOOD her grounds -- she did not launch into a tirade and neither did she attempt to FIGHT BACK the forces. She acted in a very civil manner all through, while stating her side to those who came to remove her.

Your celeb there decided to act like a village woman -- She did not even stand her ground because I don't see where she did that, even in that video. Your celeb there ended up going to file her case like a good citizen would and eventually taking her case to the courts like a good citizen would at the end of the day.

If Rosa Parks had thrown a tantrum like you lady here, she would have been pulled out of that bus in a body bag instead. Remember back then racism was rampant in the police and it is almost definite that one of those monsters would have shot her dead right there if she had not kept her cool through it all.

Let's not turn this into an NIN vs NID case. There are comments from Nigerians in Nigeria discouraging this sort of behaviour. We just read from someone who was bold enough to admit that the authorities are not always this hash when requesting that folks get out of the way and that it is always good to keep one's cool and later deal with issues APPROPRIATELY.

mba, stop saying "your celeb", I didnt even know who da hell she was until this lil lunatic behavior she publicly displayed lol.

That said, you're right, I should not have compared her to RP. It took me a while to actually find someone to compare her to.

It is actually a NID vs NIN's debate. Because I don't know how bad situations are RIGHT NOW in Nigeria, and a lot of NIN have complained about NIDs using the westerner's law to justify her. Which is kind of right. I know that in my own space over here, if she acted the way she did, she would have been arrested for being a public nuisance. However, she's being applauded and even given the chance to sue in court after her behavior.

You say "appropriately" deal with the issue. . . . without  a public display like that, would anyone had believed her if she had later went to court? If she had kept her cool, who would have known that something did happen, would she had had a witness?

Yes, she acted like a lunatic. . . . yes, she did not deal with it properly. But you know what? It seems like  the only way to deal with these lawless areaboys in police uniform.  The evangelist that was beaten by policemen the other time, how much was she rewarded? Who gave her an apology after the ordeal? Does anyone know what happened to her afterward? The woman that was despoiled and killed  by a police a few weeks ago nko?
Re: Video Of Alleged Assault On Actress Ufoma Ejenabor by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Nov 20, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

mba, stop saying "your celeb", I didnt even know who da hell she was until this lil lunatic behavior she publicly displayed lol.

That said, you're right, I should not have compared her to RP. It took me a while to actually find someone to compare her to.

It is actually a NID vs NIN's debate. Because I don't know how bad situations are RIGHT NOW in Nigeria, and a lot of NIN have complained about NIDs using the westerner's law to justify her. Which is kind of right. I know that in my own space over here, if she acted the way she did, she would have been arrested for being s public nuisance. However, she's being applauded and even given the chance to sue in court after her behavior.

You say "appropriately" deal with the issue. . . . without  a public display like that, would anyone had believed her if she had later went to court? If she had kept her cool, who would have known that something did happen, would she had had a witness?

Yes, she acted like a lunatic. . . . yes, she did not deal with it properly. But you know what? It seems like  the only way to deal with these lawless areaboys in police uniform.  The evangelist that was beaten by policemen the other time, how much was she rewarded? Who gave her an apology after the ordeal? Does anyone know what happened to her afterward? The woman that was despoiled and killed  by a police a few weeks ago nko?

This is someone telling you of his experience down there . . . . .

hercules07:

The woman should have handled it in a better way, we all know that it is only the Governor that should blow siren, what I do in situations like this is to check out if there are police men in the convoy, if they are, I move out of the way sharp sharp while gesticulating at them. I have been in a situation where the convoy of Gbenga Daniel was on its way to the Airport, they actually asked nicely for me to move aside, which I did of course. The Nigeria Police no send anybody o

Again, do not make it an NIN vs NID issue because not all NIDs share your story there. Some of us have experienced similar issues and have been able to get its dealt with without needing to resort to this. Not all Nigerians are agberos. No all Nigerians act like uncouth village elements . . . some are well mannered and know how to deal with authorities appropriately. Can we not paint every one with the same brush here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Minority PDP May Determine House Speaker / Yoruba People In The North Dissociate Themselves From Call For Oduduwa Republic / CJN: "Executive Lawlessness"- Atiku State Of The Nation Address(full TRANSCRIPT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.