Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Ghana: A Contrary View - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana: A Contrary View (34996 Views)

Billboards Of Nigerian President In Ghana A Security Threat / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / Obama Visit To Ghana: A Lesson For Nigerian Office Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by otumfour(m): 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2010
Nigeria, GIANT OF AFRICA>>>>NOT

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by londoner: 11:10pm On Nov 18, 2010
I see we should look inward and not mind what Ghanaians or any other people want to say. The people who have visited Ghana, know first hand how much it is overhyped and alot of what is preached about it is simply not true.

We dont need to argue any point, we know where we need to improve, lets face it and leave them to talk and show pics of slums that look exactly the same as their own, the evidence alone will speak for itself in time, if indeed we do progress.

Until then, they will continue to talk.

1 Like

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 12:29am On Nov 19, 2010
I aint even gonna lie, I couldnt read this shiyyt you just put up here. Dude, your writing is horrible. Dont you know how to properly use commas and fullstops? After the first line, I was like: "FUXCK THIS". My man, if youre a product of the Ghanian educational system, I doubt youre in proper position to try to prove superiority of anything.

Some of the posts here say you aren't Nigerian, So how does this matter concern you?
By the way whats  "youre"? Did you mean to say Toure or what ? Oh and this is coming from a poorly educated Ghanaian, get educated its Ghanaian not Ghanian. Your writing is horrendous.

GHANA >>>>>>> Nigeria.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 12:32am On Nov 19, 2010
@otumfour

Please stop embarrassing these Nigerians they are our brothers oh! grin grin grin
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by chyz(m): 12:36am On Nov 19, 2010
Gyanosei1:

@otumfour

Please stop embarrassing these Nigerians they are our brothers oh! grin grin grin

Semi-king kofi from the banana republic has come to speak.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jason12345: 12:42am On Nov 19, 2010
chyz:

grin grin grin grin.that is so funny
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by EzeUche0(m): 12:43am On Nov 19, 2010
I love Ghanaian women!

I lived in Ghana for two years. It was fun.

However it was only a matter of time that a Ghanaian would mock Nigerians. I could care less, I was enjoying their women in Accra, Kumasi and Cape Coast.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by aljharem(m): 1:02am On Nov 19, 2010
EzeUche0:

I love Ghanaian women!

I lived in Ghana for two years. It was fun.

However it was only a matter of time that a Ghanaian would mock Nigerians. I could care less, I was enjoying their women in Accra, Kumasi and Cape Coast.

ah i always knew u were a bas-tard cool
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 1:06am On Nov 19, 2010
ah i always knew u were a bas-tard Cool

Ahahahahaaha Oh my that was hard!

Good to see some Nigerians support me.

No! Not Banana republic, but Gold coast get that into you tiny brain. By the way we have Ethnic groups in Ghana.
Nigeria has tribes of M, well you know the rest.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by chyz(m): 1:11am On Nov 19, 2010
Gyanosei1:

No! Not Banana republic, but Gold coast get that into you tiny brain. By the way we have Ethnic groups in Ghana.
Nigeria has tribes of M, well you know the rest.

If you're not aware those things called "Gold" were slaves, now that they are gone, Banana Republic stays. Anyways the name fits with the way yall look.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 1:27am On Nov 19, 2010
If you're not aware those things called "Gold" were slaves, now that they are gone, Banana Republic stays. Anyways the name fits with the way yall look.

Lol. . . We look just like yall. Anyway let me tell you why we are better IMO.

We dont have desperadoes who can sell their anything for money (IBO)
Or excessively unimaginably dirty people, who de.fecate allover the place. (Yoruba)
Nor Beggars, who go around begging beggars. (I dont have to tell you I mean your Northern brothers)
I don't know about the south south, but I hear they are mostly drunks, slimy and opportunistic characters.
This pretty much sums up Nigeria. or 9ja as you call it
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by chyz(m): 1:34am On Nov 19, 2010
Gyanosei1:

Lol. . . We look just like yall. Anyway let me tell you why we are better IMO.

We dont have desperadoes who can sell their anything for money (IBO)
Or excessively unimaginably dirty people, who de.fecate allover the place. (Yoruba)
Nor Beggars, who go around begging beggars. (I dont have to tell you I mean your Northern brothers)
I don't know about the south south, but I hear they are mostly drunks, slimy and opportunistic characters.
This pretty much sums up Nigeria. or 9ja as you call it

What away to describe your paternal family, guess gannny and grampy were never around. Btw, i dont think they'd appreciate that.

P.S. you and all of us damn well know you Magilla gorilla looking apes do not look like us. grin. If you had said camerounians you would have been getting somewhere. And what's up with them damn fades yall keep getting[b]??[/b] Reminds me of the early '90s.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by MandingoII(m): 1:46am On Nov 19, 2010
you DUMB F-U-C-K-S are in here arguing on whose is the POOREST

While the White Man and his Friends (YOUR LEADERS) run away with your resources.

leaving everybody like the above pictures.

sad.

Divide and conquer is always in fashion

1 Like

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Gyanosei1: 1:46am On Nov 19, 2010
What away to describe your paternal family, guess gannny and grampy were never around. Btw, i dont think they'd appreciate that.

P.S. you and all of us damn well know you Magilla gorilla looking apes do not look like us. Grin. If you had said camerounians you would have been getting somewhere. And what's up with them damn fades yall keep getting?? Reminds me of the early '90s.

You are entitled to your opinion. But I think I described you all very well with pin point accuracy. I am sure your Ibo and Northern friends would agree. I always heard you Yoruba "tribe" are quite Ignorant and thus unintelligent,the heck there is even a thread on this forum about it. And your words my Nigerian Yoruba friend undoubtedly confirms it. Good night by the way, I am outta here. . . . 4 now. LOL
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by chyz(m): 1:47am On Nov 19, 2010
MandingoII:

you DUMB F-U-C-K-S are in here arguing on whose is the POOREST

While the White Man and his Friends (YOUR LEADERS) run away with your resources.

leaving everybody like the above pictures.

sad.

Divide and conquer is always in fashion

It is quite sad[b] Dumb Fucck[/b] isn't it?. wink
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Nobody: 3:28am On Nov 19, 2010
Posting pics of slums and so on to denigrate Nigeria is quite pointless and uninformed. There's no developing nation with more than 50 million people which hasn't got its share of slums and shacks, whether such a nation has ''huge natural resources'' or not. India has some of the biggest slums in the world and still suffers power cuts till tomorrow. Mexico, Brazil, Pakistan, the Phillipines, even China, all have huge slums.

China, the world's fastest growing economy and new global Superpower, still has thousands of its people rushing to cram into rickety boats every year to escape illegally to Europe and the US. Some even head to Africa. I know there are hundreds of thousands of them in Nigeria.

So posting images of slums means nothing really.

Even the UK  just a hundred years ago was one huge, diseased slum, with people living ten to a room in places like London, Leeds and Birmingham, while the elite lived in palatial mansions.

So slums are features of developing nations, and it's pretty ignorant to try to use them to score cheap points.

Instead what you CAN use to score points is images of PROGRESS or DEVELOPMENT.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by kg(f): 8:38am On Nov 19, 2010
If only our leaders will wake up for once and get creative and innovative, Africa, Nigeria and Ghana inclusive will become home for the rest of the world. I still beleive Ghana is doing alot and her effort has not gone unnoticed by the rest of the world.

Meanwhile Africans and especially my Nigerian brothers and sisters, while govt is still trying to fix the mess they created, look inward and think of what you can do to make your life better. Think of how you can touch the lives of people in your immediate environment, become a better you in your little corner.

God bless Naija!
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Judeylive(m): 9:03am On Nov 19, 2010
Gyanosei1:

You are entitled to your opinion. But I think I described you all very well with pin point accuracy. I am sure your Ibo and Northern friends would agree. I always heard you Yoruba "tribe" are quite Ignorant and thus unintelligent,the heck there is even a thread on this forum about it. And your words my Nigerian Yoruba friend undoubtedly confirms it. Good night by the way, I am outta here. . . . 4 now. LOL

The bolded part just show how uninformed you are. Yeah, you can reply with 'insults' and 'abuses' cause that's how underdogs vent out their frustrations!
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by kaykaodili: 9:05am On Nov 19, 2010
all these ghanaians in naira land u people don't have ur own site, u want to enjoy our community dats how u people set the pace. Admin rmve dem all
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by HYBRIDX(m): 9:07am On Nov 19, 2010
i really wonder why everybody is just whining over this issue , i am a nigerian and i have been to ghana , it obvious from the airport alone that Ghana is way ahead of  Naija,the accra airport is not as sophisticated but  the Ghanaians  have scored a high point in maintaining it ,

just go to the toilet first and see how clean it is , we all all know the  toilet for local airport na sorry sight , na stream of water mixed with urine and smell of shit go first greet u lol ( the airport in south africa j.bourg is the most sophisticated i have seen in the whole wide world ,trust me i have been around , even heathrow and jfk  no fine reach )

, been around accra and i equally grew up in Lagos , Ghana is the first place i notice while construction a road  there is first a concrete underlay like some sort of concrete foundation before the coal-tar is applied , this concrete underlay is about a feet tall , imagine , that na just for road oo, for naija , well all know we dey do road now, na to first scrape the surface dem pour hot cola tar period lol, pls if u want to make any reasonable comment on this topic , . . . . . . . .BE OBJECTIVE .
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 19, 2010
was in ghana to work in january,left february
it was hell, the place is horrid,small roadsa,petty minded men,
only the women hustle, a ghanian came make trouble over nothing, that is why i call them petty.
The capital is small and tarffic is a prblem,everything is expensive.
they can worship whites eh,chinese ,lebanese,europeans strut around like its an extension of their country,neo colonialism,

from the border they start telling u ,u think u are in your country?
i told them who wants to be in your effing country,that shut them up.they hate Nigerians,whether it is jealousy or inferiotity complex or fear i no know oh and na them sabi,they always think that we are competing,while we see them like our brothers.

I grew up in Nigeria with a lot of Ghanian friends and was really shocked by their attitude.
Na so i pack my kaya leave Ghana oh,had to leave the job for eight months before i got reinstated in our nigerian branch,
and bribes eh!they can collect bribe,from the border from Lome there were about 20 check points,and u must drop
let them keep deluding themselves there with their xenophobia
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by martyns303(m): 9:43am On Nov 19, 2010
Truth be told, 9ja is really f.c.uked but u can't possibly compare Nigeria to Ghana. Ghana is somewhere in the Galaxy, like where the F! Is Ghana? Hw much is Ghana's annual revenue? Am sure Adenuga can afford that. Gimme a couple of rich 9ja folks and we'r going to buy Ghana. Lolz
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Syenite(m): 9:45am On Nov 19, 2010
GHANAIANS DON'T LIKE NIGERIANS AND I HATE THEM FOR THAT. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by JUO(m): 9:52am On Nov 19, 2010
ghana + development ?
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by 234Ent(m): 9:54am On Nov 19, 2010
This thread is not meant for you guys to start bashing at each other over what country is greater or worst.

I think it's appropriate for anyone to share their experience/trip to any country so others can relate to it. In this case, Ghana is the subject.

Fact: Ghana is dependent on Nigeria. If Ghanaians don't want to admit that. I'm sure other Africans can see that clearly. There are more than enough Ghanaians in Nigeria who are living comfortably than they were in their country, and I'm happy for them.

If Nigeria is not over-crowded by Ghanaians and neighboring countries; we can more efficiently manage our resources for the good of our own people and nation. But it has to start from a corrupt-free government.  

Nigeria and Ghana feud, when will it end? We all one people, in one continent, from the African soil.  There's more money to be made when we work together without pride.

Up Nigeria!!!
!!!
Up Africa!!!!!!
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by bankol18(m): 9:58am On Nov 19, 2010
Ghanians should shut the f*#@#*k up!!! see bunch of inconsequential ugly ass losers like otumfor or watever the Bleep his name is comparing a (just-recently-noticed) Ghana to Almighthy Naija! boi u no dey fear levels!!! u guyz suckand fuckface loser like ya'll should just shut ur dumb shitty mouths up plz, in Africa the recognition should be accorded to those its due- Ghana is on the waitlist, just accept ur damn fates black ass bastards! lol
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Woke4all(m): 10:04am On Nov 19, 2010
Seriously even Warri is better than Ghana.  wink
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by mekaboy(m): 10:06am On Nov 19, 2010
IT IS ONLY A GHANAIAN WHO HAS NOT BEEN TO NIGERIA OR A NIGERIAN WHO HAS NOT BEEN TO GHANA THAT WILL COMPARE GHANA TO NIGERIA.

PLEASE ! PLEASE !! PLEASE !!!

I LIVE IN BOTH PLACES AND I CAN TELL THAT THERE IS NO WAY TO COMPARE GHANA TO NIGERIA, I AM SORRY TO SAY BUT THE POSTER THAT CAME UP WITH THIS TOPIC HAS HIS POINTS CORRECT.

GHANA IS SMALLER IN POPULATION AND EVERYTHING YOU HAVE IN GHANA YOU HAVE 100 TIMES IN NIGERIA. THE ONLY THING I LIKE ABOUT GHANA IS THAT THE PEOPLE ARE HUMBLE AND NOT SO GREEDY, MAYBE BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT SEE AS MUCH MONEY AS NIGERIANS.

MOST ARE UNEDUCATED BECAUSE THEY CANT AFFORD THE UNIVERSITIES, THE WOMEN ARE MORE HARD WORKING THAN THE MEN.

THEY LIKE SMALL HOUSES AND BUNGALOW, UNLIKE NIGERIA THAT HAS A WHOLE LOT OF STORY BUILDINGS, THE STORY BUILDINGS IN LAGOS ALONE IS MORE THAN THERE IS IN GHANA AS A COUNTRY.

ONE MAJOR THING TO YOU WILL ENJOY IN GHANA IS "PEACE" EVEN THOUGH ARMED ROBBERY IS GRADUALLY INCREASING.

MAJORITY OF GHANAIAN ARE VERY POOR , I MEAN VERY POOR AND THIS POVERTY IS VERY PRONOUNCED IN THE CAPITAL CITY. THE VERY FEW NICE BUILDINGS YOU WILL SEE ARE OWNED BY FOREIGNERS (NIGERIANS,AMERICANS,ASIANS, INDIANS AND LEBANESE).

A LOT OF NIGERIANS COMPLAIN THAT GHANAIAN DON'T LIKE THEM, THAT'S SOMEHOW TRUE BUT THERE ARE STILL SOME GOOD GHANAIAN OUT THERE.

THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN COMPARE GHANA TO NIGERIA IS IN FOOTBALL, IF YOUR IN DOUBT YOU CAN VISIT. THERE IS NO NEED TO COMPETE OR COMPARE.

I ALSO FORGOT TO SAY THAT GHANAIAN WORSHIP WHITE PEOPLE, NO MATER WHERE YOU COME FROM, EVEN THOSE FROM CHAD.
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 10:09am On Nov 19, 2010
This is another Nigerian basher pretending to be Ghanaian. I saw this because he couldn't even manage to spell the names of the places right.
Why isn't his name displayed in the article/comment.  Now addressing what he said. Ghana literacy rate is 60% not 55 as the guy is claiming.
On a rank of the best universities in Africa. University of Ghana is ranked 19 whiles the best performing University in Nigeria
University of Lagos is ranked number 31

http://www.4icu.org/topAfrica/
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by Dukechimi: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2010
IF D WHOLE OF GHANA HAS D POPULATION OF LAGOS, 9JA, i think abt 98% wud b pooing outside,  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by holydante(m): 10:25am On Nov 19, 2010
Hi Folks,

I really do not see the need for such comparisons as there is no basis for such.

*Otumakpor and co, just like 234Ent pointed out below, experiences should be shared, not bashing. The purported Nigerian pictures are laughable (malnourished kids are no longer part of the Nigerian state) in the 21st century. A country of over 150mio folks ought to have some slums here and there, its all over the developing cities of the world
*There is no basis to compare the huge market force that Nigeria portends and the in-roads we make into all economies; am aware that presently your local league is termed Glo Ghana league or something(the last time i checked, glo is owned by a Nigerian, I stand to be corrected) and so many other points, I have a Ghananian reporting to me here in Nigeria and i bet there are so many of our folks in your Country too
* I had some nasty experience when i visited Accra but that will not make me to write off your country, you guys are on the steady path to greatness but that will not warrant trying to justify any form of comparison. If you all have an idea of what goes on at the top between your govt and ours, you wouldn't make such un informed judgements on NL and its kinda baffling that you guys sleep and wake up on NL to discuss such issues,

Lets shun xenophobia cool
Re: Ghana: A Contrary View by jrtorrents: 10:29am On Nov 19, 2010
@holydante

Before you continue the Ghanaian league isn't called Glo League anaymotre. Their money runned out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah Dumps Open Grazing, Adopts Feedlot System In Ondo / Oby Ezekwesili Writes On Magu's Disqualification As EFCC Chairman / Zamfara Gives 'Repentant' Bandits Hilux Vehicles, Millions Of Naira - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.