Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Re-branding The Igbo Nation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re-branding The Igbo Nation (3465 Views)

Dave Umahi Constructing Roads, Re-branding Ebonyi State - Photos / Osinbanjo: Re-branding The Vice President Title / Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by aljharem(m): 3:27am On Nov 24, 2010
Onlytruth:

Yea, YOUR BLOOD! hahaha hehehe! grin grin grin grin grin
rolling on da flo! grin grin grin

onlytruth u are in denial undecided

we are brother and in-laws whether u like it or not angry angry angry angry
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 3:30am On Nov 24, 2010
alj harem:

onlytruth u are in denial undecided

we are brother and in-laws whether u like it or not angry angry angry angry

YOU AND I HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON!

Yes, you stole some of our sisters (some as young as 13 years old) after the war. That's it.

If you say we must relate by blood, then be ready to shed yours.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by aljharem(m): 3:33am On Nov 24, 2010
Onlytruth:

YOU AND I HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON!

Yes, you stole some of our sisters (some as young as 13 years old) after the war. That's it.

If you say we must relate by blood, then be ready to shed yours.

brother, why are u angry at me, is it me that fought the war or me that did the killing

why na, u are my brother and i will never marry any 13 yrs old for any reason
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Omenani(m): 3:35am On Nov 24, 2010
Onlytruth:

You mean it is ok to accept their branding of Ndigbo?
Dude what is wrong with you?

How long do you think it takes before brands start to stick?
If you don't understand it, why not just clear from the road?  undecided undecided angry

I do not accept outsiders opinion of the Ndi Igbo. I have no need, when our very own Igbo brothers and sisters know that there are problems on the horizon.

It is best to ignore those who know nothing about our people. When you get drawn into their petty battles, this is when they win. Just relax.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Omenani(m): 3:37am On Nov 24, 2010
I have no reason to answer nkita ara. Inferior creatures are not worthy of response. If you enjoy rolling around the ground with the animals, that is your business, not my own.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by aljharem(m): 3:37am On Nov 24, 2010
who is trying to battle

i am trying to make bonds with my igbo brothers
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 3:37am On Nov 24, 2010
alj harem:

brother, why are u angry at me, is it me that fought the war or me that did the killing

why na, u are my brother and i will never marry any 13 yrs old for any reason

Did you read the topic of this thread? undecided undecided undecided  It has NOTHING to do with you. Just move over and allow Igbos to talk. I even suspect that most Igbos won't talk here because they believe in individual change thing. This thread is even irrelevant. I just decided to comment to set the perspective and counter some of the invaders of this thread like you.

So, what are you doing here? undecided undecided
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by aljharem(m): 3:41am On Nov 24, 2010
Onlytruth:

Did you read the topic of this thread? undecided undecided undecided  It has NOTHING to do with you. Just move over and allow Igbos to talk. I even suspect that most Igbos won't talk here because they believe in individual change thing. This thread is even irrelevant. I just decided to comment to set the perspective and counter some of the invaders of this thread like you.

So, what are you doing here? undecided undecided

can't i be part of igbo culture since we are all nigerians,
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by aljharem(m): 3:44am On Nov 24, 2010
i really love my igbo brothers,,,,,believe me onlytruth

i love the igbos
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 3:44am On Nov 24, 2010
Omenani:

I do not accept outsiders opinion of the Ndi Igbo. I have no need, when our very own Igbo brothers and sisters know that there are problems on the horizon.

It is best to ignore those who know nothing about our people. When you get drawn into their petty battles, this is when they win. Just relax.

This is where you are making a mistake.
If we are in an enclosure where there are only Igbos discussing, then your approach would make sense.

Dude, if you don't counter these things, it will become YOU and define YOU whether you like it or not, because a lot of people read these things.

Others would  even believe it more when they see your type spending so much time to focus on the so called Igbo faults while keeping a stoic silence on others' opinion of us. Ogbara nkiti kwere ekwe!

Take a cue from other Igbo sons here.
You are not more reasonable than them. In fact if you are more reasonable than all of us, then something is wrong with you.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 3:49am On Nov 24, 2010
alj harem:

can't i be part of igbo culture since we are all nigerians,

We are Nigerians. It stops there. If you and your brothers are sincere about Nigeria 98% of Nigeria's problem would not have arisen in the first place.
So go spend your time defining what it means to be Nigerian, 'cos most Igbo don't know.  undecided undecided
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Omenani(m): 3:50am On Nov 24, 2010
Enjoy battling the insignificant cockroaches.

I'll rather let the fruit of our labor speak for ourself than just mere words.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by aljharem(m): 3:50am On Nov 24, 2010
Onlytruth:

If we are in an enclosure where there are only Igbos discussing, then your approach would make sense.

Dude, if you don't counter these things, it will become YOU and define YOU whether you like it or not, because a lot of people read these things.

O[b]thers would  even believe it more when they see your type spending so much time to focus on the so called Igbo faults [/b]while keeping a stoic silence on others' opinion of us. Ogbara nkiti kwere ekwe!

You are not more reasonable than them. In fact if you are more reasonable than all of us, then something is wrong with you.

those ppl are bad ppl, they should stop this rubbish about stereotyping igbos yorubas or northerners for any reason angry

onlytruth, let me and u stop anyone that stereotype ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what do u think
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by jason12345: 3:50am On Nov 24, 2010
Onlytruth:

Others would  even believe it more when they see your type spending so much time to focus on the so called Igbo faults while keeping a stoic silence on others' opinion of us. Ogbara nkiti kwere ekwe!

and that is where you are wrong!!!

he does not insult to get his point across unlike your so called igbo sons. when people have discussions whether you agree with them or not, you do not insult like uncivilised animals.

he is more reasonable than you.

it is only a nigerian forum i see people insulting you because of your different view of situations.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by aljharem(m): 3:53am On Nov 24, 2010
jason12345:

he does not insult to get his point across unlike your so called igbo sons. when people have discussions whether you agree with them or not, you do not insult like uncivilised animals.

it is only a nigerian forum i see people insulting you because of your different view of situations.

can u see what i am saying onlytruth, lets stop this insult, let keep each other as one

pls forgive my brother for the past,,,,,,,,, we still want to be part of this igbo ans southerners race smiley
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 3:54am On Nov 24, 2010
alj harem:

those ppl are bad ppl, they should stop this rubbish about stereotyping igbos yorubas or northerners for any reason angry

onlytruth, let me and u stop anyone that stereotype ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what do u think

Just stay away from this thread. It has nothing to do with you.
You are here because you want to define Igbo character to the whole world.
Just leave this thread if you want to respect Ndigbo.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 3:55am On Nov 24, 2010
jason12345:

Agreed. He is Mr Wiseman and I am Mr Goat! cool cool Happy now? undecided undecided

Just leave this thread if you are not being a pathetic hypocrite.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Omenani(m): 3:56am On Nov 24, 2010
One good thing about Alaigbo, is that we do not rely on oil to survive. I am comfortable with that fact. Currently, I am reading an interesting article on the resource curse that is plaguing Nigeria. We Igbos should be happy that we do not currently rely on oil and we should stay far away from oil as we can. It is very bad for development.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by jason12345: 4:00am On Nov 24, 2010
Onlytruth:

Agreed. He is Mr Wiseman and I am Mr Goat! cool cool Happy now? undecided undecided

Just leave this thread if you are not being a pathetic hypocrite.

i am not leaving. it is not an igbo forum but nigerian and friends of nigeria's forum. too bad!

Omenani:

One good thing about Alaigbo, is that we do not rely on oil to survive. I am comfortable with that fact. Currently, I am reading an interesting article on the resource curse that is plaguing Nigeria. We Igbos should be happy that we do not currently rely on oil and we should stay far away from oil as we can. It is very bad for development.

i think oil can only aid the ndigbo development couple with the vast talent.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by aljharem(m): 4:02am On Nov 24, 2010
Omenani:

gbam

igbos have been the most business oriented people in nigeria

I THINK ANY COUNTRY THAT HAS THE IGBOS IN THEM SHOULD CONCEDER THEMSELVES VERY LUCKY,,,,,,,,,,LIKE HOW NIGERIA AND GHANA AND AMERICA ARE LUCKY TO HAVE THE IGBO RACE IN THEM

GOD BLESS THE IGBO RACE, YORUBA RACE, ALL NORTHERNERS AND NIGERIA AS A WHOLE
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 4:17am On Nov 24, 2010
My message to Ndigbo:

We are a very special people in Nigeria, Africa and the world. We have done a lot to advance the pride of Nigeria, Africa and the human race. There is no need recounting what we have done since 1960 to bring accolade to Nigeria.
The records are there. The most important thing is to remember how we did it to enable us replicate it over and over again in the future. If you ask me, I would say that the following are the greatest attributes of Ndigbo and what propels us ahead of our detractors and competitors. I can say these things because I am confident that no one can beat us in them if we NEVER forget them:

(1)Discipline : [/b]Igbo man and woman has a STRONG sense of mission and deploy the discipline required to accomplish that mission. While others are busy having 5 children by 5 women, we stick to one woman and her kids! Great attribute. cool

(2)[b]Grit:
We can be gritty when necessary to achieve a goal. HARDWORK folks!

(3) Long suffering: [/b]This is perhaps our greatest behavioral asset. It is a dying asset though because we have parents these days who spoil their kids thinking they are doing them a favor. Through painstaking HARDWORK, people like Chinua Achebe, Chike Obi, Phillip Emeagwali  ETC achieved what others could not. Don't let anyone tell you there is a short cut. THERE IS NONE.

(4) [b]Focus:[/b]We are not easily distracted from our set goal. That is why we are still alive and beating others today. Never imbibe strange cultures that undermine this attribute!

(5)[b] Courage:
Please folks go and read the Bible, book of[b] Joshua Chapter 1 from verse 6 to 7[/b].  We have always been courageous to embark on ventures and live in hostile areas. We must continue that way.

If we continue to do these things, our future in Nigeria and the world is secure.

Finally, do not allow others to define you! Like they have worked so hard to re-define Phillip Emeagwali.

It is naive to think that you would not be affected by these definitions. If you don't want to counter these views, don't try to justify your choice of action. It is my idea of selfishness that will eventually catch up with you.
All for one, one for all!

Ndewo nu!

Signed, Ikenga dike 1 of Nnewi.  cool cool cool
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 4:37am On Nov 24, 2010
Onlytruth:

My message to Ndigbo:

We are a very special people in Nigeria, Africa and the world. We have done a lot to advance the pride of Nigeria, Africa and the human race. There is no need recounting what we have done since 1960 to bring accolade to Nigeria.
The records are there. The most important thing is to remember how we did it to enable us replicate it over and over again in the future. If you ask me, I would say that the following are the greatest attributes of Ndigbo and what propels us ahead of our detractors and competitors. I can say these things because I am confident that no one can beat us in them if we NEVER forget them:

(1)Discipline : [/b]Igbo man and woman has a STRONG sense of mission and deploy the discipline required to accomplish that mission. While others are busy having 5 children by 5 women, we stick to one woman and her kids! Great attribute. cool

(2)[b]Grit:
We can be gritty when necessary to achieve a goal. HARDWORK folks!

(3) Long suffering: [/b]This is perhaps our greatest behavioral asset. It is a dying asset though because we have parents these days who spoil their kids thinking they are doing them a favor. Through painstaking HARDWORK, people like Chinua Achebe, Chike Obi, Phillip Emeagwali  ETC achieved what others could not. Don't let anyone tell you there is a short cut. THERE IS NONE.

(4) [b]Focus:[/b]We are not easily distracted from our set goal. That is why we are still alive and beating others today. Never imbibe strange cultures that undermine this attribute!

(5)[b] Courage:
Please folks go and read the Bible, book of[b] Joshua Chapter 1 from verse 6 to 7[/b].  We have always been courageous to embark on ventures and live in hostile areas. We must continue that way.

If we continue to do these things, our future in Nigeria and the world is secure.

Finally, do not allow others to define you! Like they have worked so hard to re-define Phillip Emeagwali.

It is naive to think that you would not be affected by these definitions. If you don't want to counter these views, don't try to justify your choice of action. It is my idea of selfishness that will eventually catch up with you.
All for one, one for all!

Ndewo nu!

Signed, Ikenga dike 1 of Nnewi.  cool cool cool

This is the problem with you people, you very paranoid and delusional, you irrationally make up your own enemy and manufacture needless distraction, same distraction that's been killing you since day one.

All the rubbish you listed up there means nothing per realities on the ground in your towns and villages and generally per your history. It's nothing but irrational and paranoid talk. You have no enemy, you are your own enemy. So please stop bugging us with all the self stroking nonsense that you and your leaders are yet to display.

lol @ We are not easily distracted from our set goal. That is why we are still alive and beating others today. Never imbibe strange cultures that undermine this attribute,

You mean Ojukwu didn't get distracted from his goal when he cowardly took off the battle field  and ran like a school girl?

Y'all be cracking me up I swear, lmao
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 4:52am On Nov 24, 2010
^^

Yea, just like your papa Awo committed suicide for fear of IBB's jail.  grin grin grin
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 4:58am On Nov 24, 2010
Onlytruth:

^^

Yea, just like your papa Awo committed suicide for fear of IBB's jail.  grin grin grin

Unfortunately for you and your people, the fact that Awo killed himself or whatever rubbish you console yourself with, your irrelevancy and bottom of the pile status remains the same.

That nonsense should really be the least of your worries,
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 5:03am On Nov 24, 2010
babapupa:

Unfortunately for you and your people, the fact that Awo killed himself or whatever rubbish you console yourself with, your irrelevancy and bottom of the pile status remains the same.

That nonsense should really be the least of your worries,

ehh?

Eziokwu?

I thought it must be MY business, just like Igbo is YOUR business?

Nna na wa o for this Yoruba dude. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 5:16am On Nov 24, 2010
Ode, as a Nigerian, you are my business because all the dumb and silly moves you people make reflects on the rest of the country.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by aljharem(m): 5:18am On Nov 24, 2010
Onlytruth:

ehh?

Eziokwu?

I thought it must be MY business, just like Igbo is YOUR business?

Nna na wa o for this Yoruba dude. undecided undecided undecided

onlytruth,,,,, grin grin grin grin grin grin no kill meooooo grin grin grin grin grin

u are very paranoid u know grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by jason12345: 5:19am On Nov 24, 2010
babapupa:

Ode, as a Nigerian, you are my business because all the dumb and silly moves you people make reflects on the rest of the country.

thank you!

i hope he gets that into his head!
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Omenani(m): 5:20am On Nov 24, 2010
babapupa:

Nigeria is known for CORRUPTION. I have tried to ignore you, but I have say this. Igbos are no where near the pinnacle of power, so we cannot be blamed for the horrible image of Nigeria.

And let us not forget that Nigeria is also known for terrorism as well, because of that Christmas day incident. And guess what? The person was not Igbo.

Great Igbos sons and daughters are representing Nigeria in a good way like Chinua Achebe, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie to name a few.

Igbos cannot be made into a scapegoat since we haven't tasted power in 45 years. And what does Nigeria have to show for it? Nothing. I am ashamed to be Nigerian at times. That is why I say I am Igbo or African.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by jason12345: 5:21am On Nov 24, 2010
i have never come across such paranoia before! stop this "us vs them" mentality
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Omenani(m): 5:28am On Nov 24, 2010
jason12345:

i have never come across such paranoia before! stop this "us vs them" mentality

It is not about "us vs them." It is about speaking out against injustices. I do not subscribe to any mentality, but I do recognize injustices not only against my people, but the people of Nigeria and Africa in general.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by aljharem(m): 5:31am On Nov 24, 2010
Omenani:

It is not about "us vs them." It is about speaking out against injustices. I do not subscribe to any mentality, but I do recognize injustices not only against my people, but the people of Nigeria and Africa in general.

lets start from nairaland first before we can even talk of nigeria or africa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JTF Arrests Five Suspects In Kano Over Kidnapped German Engineer Edgar Fritz / BBC Gloating To The World That Bokoharam Has Finally Captured Nigerian Territory / 4 Foot Snake Hanging On Electric Cables.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.