Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Re-branding The Igbo Nation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re-branding The Igbo Nation (3467 Views)

Dave Umahi Constructing Roads, Re-branding Ebonyi State - Photos / Osinbanjo: Re-branding The Vice President Title / Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 1:57am On Nov 26, 2010
matazzmagi:

Typical shameless nigerian that loves to hate igbos but dont want them to leave,the igbos staying in nigeria will choke you to the point that you will beg them to go it may be too late then cus many may have opted for biafra instead.you do not determine what will befall nigeria in her future so shut up.the lesson of history is what nigerians skip thier own learning.europeans sacrificed a million of you people for oil. i think is your assumptions that is silly,

Like I said, I'll attend to you the very minute you start making sense.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by ezeagu(m): 3:38am On Nov 26, 2010
babapupa:

Ode buruku. Shouldn't I be asking you the same question and why you are not on Igbo kwenu spitting your rubbish to your ibo kinsmen.? Trust me, you wont find
my a/ss over thre.

Buzz off jare,

Look at how your just embarrassing yourself on the internet. Somebody made a thread on Igbo topics and yourself which does not want anything to do with the Igbo, apparently, entered the discussion uninvited. It's only because there's no such thing as rules on this 'forum'.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 3:57am On Nov 26, 2010
ezeagu:

Look at how your just embarrassing yourself on the internet. Somebody made a thread on Igbo topics and yourself which does not want anything to do with the Igbo, apparently, entered the discussion uninvited. It's only because there's no such thing as rules on this 'forum'.

You people re retards I swear. So people need invitation to comment on a PUBLIC forum? Who the hell are you to tell people where to post and not to post? Are you mad or it's the ever present ibo delusions that's troubling your head? Look here dumbo, not a single topic on NL id tagged "ibo only" thread.

As suggested before, take your a/ss to ibo kwenu and have a good you a good time, you sure wont see me there.

Abeg get out of my face,
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by matazzmagi(m): 4:26am On Nov 26, 2010
@babpupa!!Thier is notting to say!because you are a whispering psycho!!!!
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by aljharem(m): 4:28am On Nov 26, 2010
matazzmagi:

@babpupa!!Thier is notting to say!because you are a whispering psycho!!!!

can u explain how,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is he lying

because he care, he is telling u facts sad
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by ezeagu(m): 5:31am On Nov 26, 2010
babapupa:

You people re retards I swear. So people need invitation to comment on a PUBLIC forum? Who the hell are you to tell people where to post and not to post?  Are you mad or it's the ever present ibo delusions that's troubling your head? Look here dumbo, not a single topic on NL id tagged "ibo only" thread.

As suggested before, take your a/ss to ibo kwenu and have a good you a good time, you sure wont see me there.

Abeg get out of my face,

alj harem:

can u explain how,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is he lying

because he care, he is telling u facts sad

I'm still wandering why you lunatics are in a thread about people you supposedly don't care about. What is eating you people up inside? This is so sad. Get help. Look at how you're disgracing yourselves.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 5:59am On Nov 26, 2010
lol @ these clowns. Till they rename this site ibo.com, all your lies and foolishness no get sanctuary
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by vicenzo(m): 12:44am On Nov 27, 2010
@babapupa.What is your mission in this thread?.@alj harem and jason.Why are you guys so obsessed with any thing that have to do with Igbo,Ojukwu and biafra?U guys hatred and fear for ndi igbo is so conspicious.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by matazzmagi(m): 5:31pm On Nov 27, 2010
alj harem and babapupa,two shameless nigerians i think you both are deluded in your phantom nationhood,who exactly are us?those that exploit, oppress steal hate and mass murder innocent people for thier origin,region of emergence ethnicity or religion or their victims?who exactly are referred to as us?if you need all these evils to move forward,then your forward is different from others forward. forward depends on values and were you are going. good well meaning nigerians as always supports exploitation and genocide!!
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by jason12345: 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2010
vicenzo:

@babapupa.What is your mission in this thread?.@alj harem and jason.Why are you guys so obsessed with any thing that have to do with Igbo,Ojukwu and biafra?U guys hatred and  fear for ndi igbo is so conspicious.

you are a bit senseless for using that sentence. fear and unity are two and very opposite things.  have i not said you can form your biafra? have not said an igbo man should produce a candidate and i would support? have i not even called on all fractions of ndigbo to unite? have i not stopped talking about ojukwu and biafra( ABOUT 2 wks ago until now)?

look, until you stop marginalising yourself by rallying round someone else instead  of yourself, until you take your destiny into your own hands and stop blaming everyone then i do not think there is an way out.

you tell me that ibibio, efik etc are all igbo and yet for some reason you all want a core igbo man to be president after GJ (lol)? you discriminate and sell (as your so called ohanaeze are doing now) yourselves too much for your own good.

so please tell me what fear? what hatred? i have and would never hate an igbo man. for what reason?

the topic spoke about re-branding the igbo nation and i think you should listen to your leaders (ojukwu, nnamdi, ekweme* and co)  who are sound politically not someone that might have taken bribe. ask yourself, why would ojukwu who took you for a war now want what is not goo for an igbo man?. apart from that, you need to love your country man more because all anyone new that comes to NL sees about ndigbo is a mixture of pride, desperation and paranoia. i think that should be addressed.

most importantly, STOP WASHING YOUR DIRTY LINEN IN PUBLIC FOR GOODNESS SAKE!
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 7:15pm On Nov 27, 2010
jason12345:

you are a bit senseless for using that sentence. fear and unity are two and very opposite things.  have i not said you can form your biafra? have not said an igbo man should produce a candidate and i would support? have i not even called on all fractions of ndigbo to unite? have i not stopped talking about ojukwu and biafra( ABOUT 2 wks ago until now)?

look, until you stop marginalising yourself by rallying round someone else instead  of yourself, until you take your destiny into your own hands and stop blaming everyone then i do not think there is an way out.

[size=14pt]you tell me that ibibio, efik etc are all igbo[/size] [/b]and yet for some reason you all want a core igbo man to be president after GJ (lol)? you discriminate and sell (as your so called ohanaeze are doing now) yourselves too much for your own good.

[b]so please tell me what fear? what hatred?
i have and would never hate an igbo man. for what reason?

the topic spoke about re-branding the igbo nation and i think you should listen to your leaders (ojukwu, nnamdi, ekweme* and co)  who are sound politically not someone that might have taken bribe. ask yourself, why would ojukwu who took you for a war now want what is not goo for an igbo man?. apart from that, you need to love your country man more because all anyone new that comes to NL sees about ndigbo is a mixture of pride, desperation and paranoia. i think that should be addressed.

most importantly, STOP WASHING YOUR DIRTY LINEN IN PUBLIC FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

If you love Igbo people as you say, you would not DELIBERATELY want to incite our neighbors against us by making up lies. Where have you EVER seen an Igbo claim that Efik/Ibibio are Igbo? 
Show me one comment from an Igbo person on nairaland saying that!

We decided to support Jonathan (an Ijaw), you have been having sleepless nights.  shocked shocked
We want to support one of our own IGBO brothers in 2015, you are developing diarrhea! What is your problem?

My friend why not mind Itshekiri issues and leave Ndigbo alone.  undecided undecided
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by vicenzo(m): 7:28pm On Nov 27, 2010
@jason.It is obvious u are a mad man,u reason like a coconut head,ur deceit knows no bound,sometime ago u were blaming ojukwu for the biafra war,now u think he should be listened to,typical Yoruba man,always changing spots,dont think u can deceive everybody with ur itshekiri claim,now go and drink otapia like ur chameleon awo did.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Ojiofor: 7:41pm On Nov 27, 2010
Who is this jason of a guy?just everywhere there is Igbo thread, a minority from an ethnic group not more than a thousand people telling or lecturing Ndigbo on how to unite, whats ur business if Ndigbo decide not to unite?take your message of unity to ur little hood.cameleons are everywhere.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by jason12345: 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2010
Onlytruth:

If you love Igbo people as you say, you would not DELIBERATELY want to incite our neighbors against us by making up lies. Where have you EVER seen an Igbo claim that Efik/Ibibio are Igbo? 
Show me one comment from an Igbo person on nairaland saying that!

We decided to support Jonathan (an Ijaw), you have been having sleepless nights.  shocked shocked
We want to support one of our own IGBO brothers in 2015, you are developing diarrhea! What is your problem?

My friend why not mind Itshekiri issues and leave Ndigbo alone.  undecided undecided

then pls why do you want them in your country 40 yrs ago? i have seen it on NL were you claim this but i do not have time to search for it. i would be pointless

vicenzo:

@jason.It is obvious u are a mad man,u reason like a coconut head,your deceit knows no bound,sometime ago u were blaming ojukwu for the biafra war,now u think he should be listened to,typical Yoruba man,always changing spots,dont think u can deceive everybody with your itshekiri claim,now go and drink otapia like your chameleon awo did.

as for you,
you need to go to yaba left,

you have lacked any sense of direction since you joined NL. you can believe anything you want to believe! and to be honest, you so called marginalisation has just started! you better get used to it if you do not know how to play your politics. imagine, ijaw preesident before igbo. ROMFL!!!

Ojiofor:

Who is this jason of a guy?just everywhere there is Igbo thread, a minority from an ethnic group not more than a thousand people telling or lecturing Ndigbo on how to unite, whats your business if Ndigbo decide not to unite?take your message of unity to your little hood.cameleons are everywhere.

i would take the massage away since you all are too primitive to understand it!!! Goodluck to ohanaeze! you all would need it!

but pls, if you ever scream marginalisation, may Amadioha strike your mouths dead!!!
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2010
jason12345:

then pls why do you want them in your country 40 yrs ago? i have seen it on NL were you claim this but i do not have time to search for it. i would be pointless

as for you,
you need to go to yaba left,

Dude, do you know that there was a region called EASTERN NIGERIA which included all the current south east states plus River, Cross rivers, Akwa Ibom, and Bayelsa states? You do know that, don't you?

Are you so lazy that you cannot even study the history of YOUR OWN COUNTRY? shocked shocked shocked

Why do you insist on disgracing yourself here? 

So because they became Biafra with the rest of Easterners, how does that make them Igbo? Do you know that Biafra had Ijaw and Ibibio as part of the leadership?

Let's be real dude, I don't believe for once that you are Itshekiri (Itshekiri folks aren't this dumb! shocked).

The other dumb fellow I have seen on nairaland is from farther west -Blue~t something. So I believe you must be his cousin.  grin
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Ojiofor: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2010
@jason.whenever you and your folks mention june 12 or even exploitation in your little hood, may KAMANU+AMADIOHA AND EGBE ELU strike you and your generations yet unborn dead!Idi.ot go and fix ur home first before fixing ours,
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Anayordike(m): 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2010
Dear friends,
I have read with kin interest most of your replies to the topic posted by me and I want to sincerely thank you all for your wonderful reactions to the issue raised. I am also overwhelmed with the sorts of sentiments most of you attached to the matter, which I think is normal considering the fact that the topic has to do with the most hated ethnic group (A gburusia ngele, e kuru ngele nua of Nigeria) –Ndi Igbo.

First, I want to once again make it clear that Ndi Igbo has rights as a people to live, work, speak and do any legitimate thing in Nigeria as citizens irrespective of whatever anyone may think or have against them: not only in Nigeria, but the whole world in general. This is what motivated me to drop the above topic. I believe I have unquestionable right to talk to my people without fear of molestation and intimidation from any one.

Be that as it may be, you will agree with me that there’s no ethnic group in Nigeria without their peculiar flaws, mistakes, wrongs, difficulties, challenges, etc and Ndi Igbo is not exception. We all have been living in this country over these years and we know what the Hausas, Yorubas, Igbos, Ibibios, Kanuris, etc can do and what they have been doing both negatively and positively. Sentiments apart, we know everyone’s contributions to the development of this country. The Igbos are lovers of humanity: they love their fellow country men and women. But what do they get in return? Hatred! Hatred! and hatred. Instead of reciprocating this love, you hate us without regret. Ndi Igbo wee si, na onye ajuru aju anaghi aju onwe ya. (Meaning “I will never reject myself even if you do”).
And without mincing words Ndi Igbo has contributed immensely to development of this country more than any other people. May be the only odd against Ndi Igbo is the civil war/Biafra issue. But as I said before, it takes two to tangle. Is it not two fighting? Why blame only the Igbo nation for the mistake of all Nigerians? The Nigeria nation should have known that two wrongs cannot make right. May be you do not know that the blood of all the innocent people who lost their lives before and during the civil war is crying against this country till today.( Honestly, but I tell you , I don’t wish to be talking about all these if not for some who don’t know what is right and wrong).

Secondly, I had Ndi Igbo on my mind when writing this topic and not any anyone else. Some of you have no business saying the ugly things you have been saying about a people created by the Almighty God. Remember you shall be judged by the things you have said and done. I know how Ndi Igbo reason and react to issues like this: they would first try to ruminated and brood over the issue on hand before sayings or doing anything. And I am convinced they know what I am talking about.

Furthermore, the fact that one writes or say something good about Ndi Igbo does not in any way suggest that one is selfish, knowing nothing except Biafra. I don’t think you are more patriotic than me to this country. The fact that someone is not an Igbo fellow in this country does not mean he/she is a patriotic Nigerian. I am saying this because some of you left the issue on ground and were hitting below the belt. (I thought one of the rules in Nairaland is that there should not be abusive words/languages?)
“Yoruba ro nu” is a slogan the Yoruba use to call themselves to order and others have their peculiar way of calling themselves to order too. And that is exactly what Re-branding the Igbo Nation all is about.
And for the fact that our corrupt leaders have tried to re-brand Nigeria without success does not apply to the Re-branding of Igbo Nation. By the grace of Chukwu, Onye Okike kere Ndi Igbo, we shall succeed. Even if we do not succeed we have nothing to loose: rather we shall congratulate ourselves that we made an attempt.

Finally, please let your criticisms be logical with Godly flow of thought. Put away childishness and sentiments if you are truly a friend of Ndi Igbo and if you are not, why not mind your business and leave us alone. Remember, today it’s Ndi Igbo, tomorrow it may be you. God bless you all.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by matazzmagi(m): 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2010
The yoruba socio-cultural organisation,the odua people congress,has call for the secession in nigeria,following unabated killings of yorubas in northern nigeria,tribune newspaper 4th feb 2010!!
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by matazzmagi(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2010
When obafemi awolowo the devil,after the biafran war stole all the money from biafra including niger deltas had in their bank account and gave every biafran 20 pounds to survive on,he was cheered by his fellow yorubas and the hausa fulanis, is that love for your fellow man? or respect of peoples human rights or even want them dead if he had the chance!!
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by matazzmagi(m): 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2010
The obvious and overt problem with derange nigerian crooks like those in this thread think even dimwith of their like will belive their lies without any fact.typical nigerians hate facts.Facts are not going away in the near future and they are stuck with their innabilities and handicaps in adjusting to their vile mentalities.idiot and fools!!!
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by vicenzo(m): 9:51pm On Nov 27, 2010
The guy jason is a goat,he claims to be an itshekiri,yet dosnt know anything about ijaw-itshekiri clash in warri,he dosnt know that there were many ethnic groups in biafra but is a professor of igbo,biafra and ojukwu issues,a yoruba who parades himself as an itshekiri,what a man.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Omenani(m): 9:54pm On Nov 27, 2010
vicenzo:

The guy jason is a goat,he claims to be an itshekiri,yet dosnt know anything about ijaw-itshekiri clash in warri,he dosnt know that there were many ethnic groups in biafra but is a professor of igbo,biafra and ojukwu issues,a yoruba who parades himself as an itshekiri,what a man.

I am starting to realize that. Anyone who knows anyone from Delta would have known the Ijaw-Itsekiri clash in Warri. Frankly, the whole nation was shocked.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Anayordike(m): 10:14pm On Nov 27, 2010
@1025, I have not taken side with anyone as you alleged. the reason I did mentioned Dr. Ekwueme was to site instances of the type of political calumny which Ndi Igbo were noted for in time past.

However, you response has not been short of revelation. The way you spoke of him suggests you may know him too well or you may have been crossed with him in one way or the other.

But then, I was compelled to ask "where is the place of forgiveness?" Or is it all about "do me, I do you, God no go vex? Two wrongs can never make a right. I am aware you know that very well. Don't you think it's time to bury the hatchet?
Remember, Anyi bu ofu!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by matazzmagi(m): 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2010
If the LORD have not been on our side.let isreal{biafra}say,if the LORD have not been on our side when men attacked us;when their anger flared against us,they would have swallowed us alive.the flood would had engulfed us.the torrent would have swept us away.PRAISE BE TO THE LORD who has not let us been torn by their teeth, our help is in the name of LORD the maker of haven and earth psalm124!!
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by matazzmagi(m): 10:56pm On Nov 27, 2010
One word now describes the policy of nigerian military goverment toward secessionist biafrans genocide,it is ugly and extreme but it is the only word which fit nigerians decision to stop the international committee of red cross and other relief agencies from frying food to biafran children, washington post{editorial} july 2nd 1969,
Their has been genocide on the occasion of the 1966 massacres in the region b/w the towns of benin and asaba wer only widows and orphans remain,federal troops having for unknown reasons massacred all the men-le monde{french newspaper}april 5 1968 in calabar speacial force shot at list 2000 ibos most of them civilians, new york time jan 18 1968,
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by ChinenyeN(m): 11:32pm On Nov 27, 2010
jason12345:

I take it that you're referring to Biafra. Well, allow me to inform you. The push for Biafra was a joint effort by various (then "eastern"wink groups, owing to the pogroms. No one asked them to join, and certainly no one is claiming them to be "Igbo".
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by redsun(m): 11:51pm On Nov 27, 2010
Revival is self discovery,it is what every human needs.The moment you realize the truth is the moment of freedom,it can't be taught,it's some kind of consciousness that is within,waiting to be triggered.

Wake up and live people.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by matazzmagi(m): 4:30am On Nov 28, 2010
Those who are queit in the face of evil are blind ,the wicked must be expose and justice must be done,
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by matazzmagi(m): 4:38am On Nov 28, 2010
Nigerian leaders,for the most part,have been terrorist genocidists since 1960,any wonder that the colonial patch have spelt misery for all who have anything to do with it,nigeria simply battles on an exsitential level as a nation,it is unworkable and can only deteriorate to its doom,
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by matazzmagi(m): 5:21am On Nov 28, 2010
In 49 years nigerian have been run by the hausa fulani fundamentalist islamic pogromists and jihadist genocidists along with their serving yoruba oligarchs in 49 years all elections and census was rigged,500billion dollars was squandered and sovereign national conference refused.astute former finance minister,ngozi okonjo iwela paid 30billion dollars external debt,yet no infrastructure employment securities e.t.c.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by isalegan2: 3:26am On Apr 27, 2013
Good thread, by a mature man. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rip Pdp. Picture Of Pdp Tombstone. / Omisore Blows Heavy Grammar / Osuofia Confesses He Weeps Every Time He Sees Buhari On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.