Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,164 members, 7,835,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Re-branding The Igbo Nation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re-branding The Igbo Nation (3466 Views)

Dave Umahi Constructing Roads, Re-branding Ebonyi State - Photos / Osinbanjo: Re-branding The Vice President Title / Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Omenani(m): 5:37am On Nov 24, 2010
alj harem:

lets start from nairaland first before we can even talk of nigeria or africa

I am a Pan-Africanist to the core. I care about all of Africa. As the great African American Civil Right Leader, Dr. King said, "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 5:38am On Nov 24, 2010
Omenani:

Nigeria is known for CORRUPTION. I have tried to ignore you, but I have say this. Igbos are no where near the pinnacle of power, so we cannot be blamed for the horrible image of Nigeria.

And let us not forget that Nigeria is also known for terrorism as well, because of that Christmas day incident. And guess what? The person was not Igbo.

Great Igbos sons and daughters are representing Nigeria in a good way like Chinua Achebe, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie to name a few.

Igbos cannot be made into a scapegoat since we haven't tasted power in 45 years. And what does Nigeria have to show for it? Nothing. I am ashamed to be Nigerian. That is why I say I am Igbo.

As stated before, you problems are needless tribal pontification and delusions. Since day one starting from the country's first president "ZIK", you've been knee deep in corruption.

You obviously don't know your history, but I'll set you straight properly.

Zik was investigated for corruption because he looted the only bank he started to help develop the east.

The Shagari administration was one of the most corrupt administrations and one of your own was the vice resident.

And from day one, your leaders were federal ministers, heads of federal parastatals, permanent secretaries and governors? So what on earth are you talking about.

Abeg curb your ignorance,
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by jason12345: 5:42am On Nov 24, 2010
Omenani:

It is not about "us vs them." It is about speaking out against injustices. I do not subscribe to any mentality, but I do recognize injustices not only against my people, but the people of Nigeria and Africa in general.

even i have witness the injustice against "your" people. but not allowing anyone to comment on an "igbo" thread is wrong. pls do not listen to onlytruth. be an independent man.

how can we rectify the injustice if we do not speak as one? so, i like where you said, the people of nigeria and africa.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by jason12345: 5:44am On Nov 24, 2010
babapupa:

As stated before, you problems are needless tribal pontification and delusions. Since day one starting from the country's first president "ZIK", you've been knee deep in corruption.

You obviously don't know your history, but I'll set you straight properly.

Zik was investigated for corruption because he looted the only bank he started to help develop the east.

The Shagari administration was one of the most corrupt administrations and one of your own was the vice resident.

And from day one, your leaders were federal ministers, heads of federal parastatals, permanent secretaries and governors? So what on earth are you talking about.

Abeg curb your ignorance,

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Omenani(m): 5:44am On Nov 24, 2010
babapupa,

I will not stoop to your level.

But let us name the top looters in Nigerian history.

Sani Abacha
IBB
OBJ
Atiku

What are their tribal affiliation?

And I will use your own words against you. You already admitted that the Igbo people are not even recognized at a national level when it comes to politics. You are contradicting yourself.

However, it is your NARROW thinking that is holding Nigeria back. A thread that was dedicated to helping the Ndi Igbo know what are the social ills plaguing our land has turned into tribal warfare, because of people like yourself. Have you no shame?
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Omenani(m): 5:46am On Nov 24, 2010
jason12345:

even i have witness the injustice against "your" people. but not allowing anyone to comment on an "igbo" thread is wrong. pls do not listen to onlytruth. be an independent man.

how can we rectify the injustice if we do not speak as one?  so, i like where you said, the people of nigeria and africa.

Who said I was against others commenting on this thread? If someone is the friend of the Ndi Igbo, then they should be allowed to comment. I have no problem with people commenting on the social ills plaguing the Igbo man.

However, I will not allow anyone to belittle my people. That is something I cannot tolerate.

I am not some sort of sheep who follows anyone. I am my own man.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 5:58am On Nov 24, 2010
Omenani:

babapupa

it is your NARROW thinking that is holding Nigeria back.

Abeg look inside mirror.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Omenani(m): 6:02am On Nov 24, 2010
babapupa:

Abeg look inside mirror.

I look into my mirror and I see someone with flaws and not afraid to admit them. When you look in the mirror do your turn away, because you can see the ugliness in your heart?
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 6:25am On Nov 24, 2010
Trust me, ugliness sounds way way better than cluelessness, paranoia and grand delusions.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 6:36am On Nov 24, 2010
babapupa:

Trust me, ugliness sounds way way better than cluelessness, [b]paranoia [/b]and grand delusions.

You keep throwing around words you hardly understand. Step back and take another look.
This thread is IGBO focused.

Since you are an avowed Igbo hater, why are you here, if you are not suffering from the worst case of paranoid schizophrenia?

What are you afraid of?

Na fear go kill una for dat naija. You come see wetin okoroman de plan undecided undecided lol. Coward.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 6:42am On Nov 24, 2010
Ode, this is a freeking public forum, not Igbo forum.

And the only cowards I know are Zik and Ojukwu, at least according to our history.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 6:44am On Nov 24, 2010
babapupa:

And the only cowards I know are Zik and Ojukwu, at least according to our history.

The ultimate coward is the one that committed suicide even before they came to catch him for theft -your papa Awo! grin grin grin
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 6:50am On Nov 24, 2010
I bet somebody sit you on top lap like baby while den spoon feed you that tales by moonlight.

lol @ rebrand.

Rebrand ko, retool ni. Y'all are always gonna be the same self destructive, paranoia and delusional people.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by 1025: 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2010
Do you remember what Chief Jim Nwobodo did to Chief Alex Ekwueme and all the Ndi Igbo at the Eagle’s square in 1999? It was at the PDP Convention where he decided to play the spoiler, instead of supporting his kinsman. He also became Hausa man instantly by choosing to speak Hausa language rather than Igbo language which is his mother’s tongue. Worst of all he never show any sign or remorse or even offer common apology to the Igbo Nation for such bastardly attitude. This is just one out of too many sabotages, distrusts and selfishness which many of the South-East politicians are noted for.

@poster,
i was reading your story until i got to the paragraph above. u have taken side with ekwueme and that is one of the reasons a typical igboman will never change his stance.
what happened in 1999 at the pdp convention shld be looked at critically and not sentimentally.
in politics, there is no permanent enemy of friend but permanent objectives.
ekwueme happened to be the vice president of shagari between 1979 and 1983 and used his political powers to deny jim nwobodo his mandate because he wanted to deliever anambra state to the then NPN. good, u offended ur brother in ur pursuits of relevance, what does it take ekwueme to call his brother to appologise and seek his support? what is the guarranttee that the unrepentant ekwueme will not do more dangerious things to jim nwobodo might he become president. in my town, i have one who almost jailed half of the village so are u saying tomorrow if any of us sees how to deny him the opportunity, we will not. u don't sponsor ur own death, never.
to me, what jim nwobodo did cld be termed self defence. ekwueme alcked what it takes to bring the igbos together without factions so why making him a leader.

on the other hand, satistics has it that ekwueme's vote plus jim nwobodo's was no where close to winning. be reminded, the retired generals wanted a soft landing spot and a sympathy vote for the yorubas at least to bring peace in the much tensed land over the june 12 and later death of abiola. need i remind u that 1999 was designed for the yorubas and as usual, the pdp convention was only a supporting film.

all in all, any reasonable igbo leader or future leader must learn from our pasts. unity is the only way forward and it must be genuine unity. factions among the igbos will not be any different from the case of a house divided against itself.
ekwueme did not play his card very well and he got what he deserved. he made jim nwobodo to understand that he cld do without and jim nwobodo proved to him that no man is an island.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by pcicero(m): 4:08pm On Nov 24, 2010
1025:

@poster,
i was reading your story until i got to the paragraph above. u have taken side with ekwueme and that is one of the reasons a typical igboman will never change his stance.
what happened in 1999 at the pdp convention shld be looked at critically and not sentimentally.
in politics, there is no permanent enemy of friend but permanent objectives.
ekwueme happened to be the vice president of shagari between 1979 and 1983 and used his political powers to deny jim nwobodo his mandate because he wanted to deliever anambra state to the then NPN. good, u offended your brother in your pursuits of relevance, what does it take ekwueme to call his brother to appologise and seek his support? what is the guarranttee that the unrepentant ekwueme will not do more dangerious things to jim nwobodo might he become president. in my town, i have one who almost jailed half of the village so are u saying tomorrow if any of us sees how to deny him the opportunity, we will not. u don't sponsor your own death, never.
to me, what jim nwobodo did cld be termed self defence. ekwueme alcked what it takes to bring the igbos together without factions so why making him a leader.

on the other hand, satistics has it that ekwueme's vote plus jim nwobodo's was no where close to winning. be reminded, the retired generals wanted a soft landing spot and a sympathy vote for the yorubas at least to bring peace in the much tensed land over the june 12 and later death of abiola. need i remind u that 1999 was designed for the yorubas and as usual, the pdp convention was only a supporting film.

all in all, any reasonable igbo leader or future leader must learn from our pasts. unity is the only way forward and it must be genuine unity. factions among the igbos will not be any different from the case of a house divided against itself.
ekwueme did not play his card very well and he got what he deserved. he made jim nwobodo to understand that he cld do without and jim nwobodo proved to him that no man is an island.

Sensible post jare! Well done my brother for taking it from that oft neglected angle.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by badlaw(f): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2010
if i ve my way i will put Ibo's on moonlight that when u giv birth the child will say i love this ppl
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by safariman(m): 6:37pm On Nov 24, 2010
@OP
Great write up.
And every tribe needs to look inward to correct their flaws. General observation, an Hausa or a Yoruba man would rather build a mansion in his village rather than go to SE to show off, whereas, an Igbo man would not mind building anywhere.
If all the monies Igbos invested in other parts of Nigeria were invested in SE, Igbo nation would be unequalled.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 7:31pm On Nov 24, 2010
safariman:

@OP
Great write up.
And every tribe needs to look inward to correct their flaws. General observation, an Hausa or a Yoruba man would rather build a mansion in his village rather than go to SE to show off, whereas, an Igbo man would not mind building anywhere.
If all the monies Igbos invested in other parts of Nigeria were invested in SE, Igbo nation would be unequalled.

You mean ibo people don't build mansions in their villages? You're not making any sense.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Ade2K8(m): 5:07am On Nov 25, 2010
@Anayordike:

While the various attempts by our foolish leaders at re-branding Nigeria will surely continue to fail (for the simple fact that we continue to fail to fix underlying problems like transportion, electricity, fair elections, corruption, murderous cops, etc), the re-branding of Ndigbo need not meet the same fate. While I don't agree that anything much can be done about the real or perceived lust for money by your people, this is not a problem peculiar to Ndigbo. I suspect the greater problem is actually two-fold, both of which you alluded to:
i) the persecution complex that apparently springs from the fact that an Igbo man or woman has not been president for 40 odd years and
ii) your apparent egomania that assures you that all your other countrymen are lazy, stupid, illiterates , etc and that if it weren't for Ndigbo, we'd all probably perish.

First, the fact that you haven't produced a president DOES NOT mean that your countrymen are all against you; it simply means that today's Ndigbo leaders have failed to play the political chessgame intelligently enough, afterall we all know that, at least currently, our votes don't count. It would seem that the next step should be to ally yourselves loudly with those Yoruba and Hausa progressives who seek to produce better elections, governance, etc even though we know there are no perfect politicians. But what do you guys do? Instead (and this brings me to point (ii) above), you seldom fail to diminish or belittle the accomplishments of others, refuse to call erring Alaigbo to order (do you remember Yoruba hatred of OBJ?) and generally resort to insular narrowmindedness. You assure all and sundry that all you care about is either Biafra or Ndigbo alone. This only serves to solidify the latent mistrust already there from your perceived love of money. But it is these same lazy, stupid fools you want (no, need) to vote your way in the future. Can Ndigbo or any single tribe (even the Hausas) win a free and fair election if no other tribe votes for you? I seriously doubt it.

Ndigbo are in fact an intelligent, industrious, entrepreneurial people and are an asset to any nation. But you are NOT the only ones so endowed. Simply stop telling us that you are the sun that warms Nigeria and try and love your countrymen a bit more (or hate us less, whichever is easier - you'll actually feel better smiley).

My brothers, I wish you Godspeed.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 5:26am On Nov 25, 2010
Ade2K8:

@Anayordike:

While the various attempts by our foolish leaders at re-branding Nigeria will surely continue to fail (for the simple fact that we continue to fail to fix underlying problems like transportion, electricity, fair elections, corruption, murderous cops, etc), the re-branding of Ndigbo need not meet the same fate. While I don't agree that anything much can be done about the real or perceived lust for money by your people, this is not a problem peculiar to Ndigbo. I suspect the greater problem is actually two-fold, both of which you alluded to:
i) the persecution complex that apparently springs from the fact that an Igbo man or woman has not been president for 40 odd years and
ii) your apparent egomania that assures you that all your other countrymen are lazy, silly, illiterates , etc and that if it weren't for Ndigbo, we'd all probably perish.

First, the fact that you haven't produced a president DOES NOT mean that your countrymen are all against you; it simply means that today's Ndigbo leaders have failed to play the political chessgame intelligently enough, afterall we all know that, at least currently, our votes don't count. It would seem that the next step should be to ally yourselves loudly with those Yoruba and Hausa progressives who seek to produce better elections, governance, etc even though we know there are no perfect politicians. But what do you guys do? Instead (and this brings me to point (ii) above), you seldom fail to diminish or belittle the accomplishments of others, refuse to call erring Alaigbo to order (do you remember Yoruba hatred of OBJ?) and generally resort to insular narrowmindedness. You assure all and sundry that all you care about is either Biafra or Ndigbo alone. This only serves to solidify the latent mistrust already there from your perceived love of money. But it is these same lazy, silly fools you want (no, need) to vote your way in the future. Can Ndigbo or any single tribe (even the Hausas) win a free and fair election if no other tribe votes for you? I seriously doubt it.

Ndigbo are in fact an intelligent, industrious, entrepreneurial people and are an asset to any nation. But you are NOT the only ones so endowed. Simply stop telling us that you are the sun that warms Nigeria and try and love your countrymen a bit more (or hate us less, whichever is easier - you'll actually feel better smiley).

Excellent Post.

Mega Kudos.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Ade2K8(m): 4:31pm On Nov 25, 2010
^^^ thanks, babapupa. We must bring this nation together, before it turns into a country like the DRC - rich, vast, but just all a waste.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by jason12345: 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2010
Ade2K8:

@Anayordike:

ii) your apparent egomania that assures you that all your other countrymen are lazy, silly, illiterates , etc and that if it weren't for Ndigbo, we'd all probably perish.

First, the fact that you haven't produced a president DOES NOT mean that your countrymen are all against you; [b]it simply means that today's Ndigbo leaders have failed to play the political chessgame intelligently enough, afterall we all know that, at least currently, our votes don't count. It would seem that the next step should be to ally yourselves loudly with those Yoruba and Hausa progressives who seek to produce better elections, governance, etc even though we know there are no perfect politicians. But what do you guys do? Instead (and this brings me to point (ii) above), you seldom fail to diminish or belittle the accomplishments of others, refuse to call erring Alaigbo to order (do you remember Yoruba hatred of OBJ?) and generally resort to insular narrowmindedness. You assure all and sundry that all you care about is either Biafra or Ndigbo alone. This only serves to solidify the latent mistrust already there from your perceived love of money. But it is these same lazy, silly fools you want (no, need) to vote your way in the future. Can Ndigbo or any single tribe (even the Hausas) win a free and fair election if no other tribe votes for you? I seriously doubt it[/b].

lovely post!!!
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by matazzmagi(m): 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2010
people no that nigeria does not exist as a true nation,the creation of nigeria is by forcing several diferent ethnics,cultural and religeous group into one political structure, in retrospect of fifty years it is clear that this was a grave mistake which have cost many lives and countinue to do so. SIR PETER SMITH FORMER BRITISH CABINET MINISTER in the colonial office july 15th 98!!!!
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by ezeagu(m): 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2010
babapupa:

What are you actually doing in this thread? What kind of embarrassment is this?
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2010
Ode buruku. Shouldn't I be asking you the same question and why you are not on Igbo kwenu spitting your rubbish to your ibo kinsmen.? Trust me, you wont find
my a/ss over thre.

Buzz off jare,
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 8:10pm On Nov 25, 2010
babapupa:

Ode buruku. Shouldn't I be asking you the same question and why you are not on Igbo kwenu spitting your rubbish to your ibo kinsmen.? Trust me, you wont find
my a/ss over thre.

Buzz off jare,

No, goat! undecided undecided You should be spending more time on Yoruba threads than this one!

If there are none, CREATE ONE. You have tonnes of problems in Yorubaland, but you would rather waste your pathetic time trying to win cheap scores against Ndigbo. Ain't happening. cool cool

You are really shameless because you are obviously scared to death about us. lmao! grin grin grin
Coward.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 8:31pm On Nov 25, 2010
Onlytruth:

No, goat! undecided undecided You should be spending more time on Yoruba threads than this one!

If there are none, CREATE ONE. You have tonnes of problems in Yorubaland, but you would rather waste your pathetic time trying to win cheap scores against Ndigbo. Ain't happening. cool cool

You are really shameless because you are obviously scared to death about us. lmao! grin grin grin
Coward.

Look at this joker, all y'all put together can even scare a little baby, losers wey den whoop their ass dey talk about scare. You people sure know how to live up to your reputation as the most narrow minded and delusional people in the world.

Get it trough your narrow minded existence, this is a public forum, not ibo forum and like I said to the other dumbo, go to ibo kwenu and be all you can be all by yourself.

Again, the only cowards we know in Nigeria are ZIK who stood for nothing and was always missing when kasalaa burst and Ojukwu the grandmaster of all cowards who led millions to their deaths and run comot from battlefield like a six year old girl.

Your forefathers are cowards and the next generations including you are all cowards abi why do you think y'all are irrelevant and at the bottom of things in Nigeria? It's all because of cowardice.

Y'all are insecure, aimless and paranoid bunch,
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by Onlytruth(m): 8:34pm On Nov 25, 2010
babapupa:

Look at this joker, all y'all put together can even scare a little baby, losers wey den whoop their backside dey talk about scare. You people sure know how to live up to your reputation as the most narrow minded and delusional people in the world.

Get it trough your narrow minded existence, this is a public forum, not ibo forum and like I said to the other dumbo, go to ibo kwenu and be all you can be all by yourself.

Again, the only cowards we know in Nigeria are ZIK who stood for nothing and was always missing when kasalaa burst and Ojukwu the grandmaster of all cowards who led millions to their deaths and run comot from battlefield like a six year old girl.

Your forefathers are cowards and the next generations including you are all cowards abi why do you think y'all are irrelevant and at the bottom of things in Nigeria? It's all because of cowardice.

Y'all are insecure, aimless and paranoid bunch,

So, why are you here? lmao! grin grin grin
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 8:38pm On Nov 25, 2010
Olodo, the phrase PUBLIC forum mean anything to you or you're just too slow?
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by matazzmagi(m): 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2010
babpupa you are not mentioning the fact that you dispute on these forum,or nigerian history irrespective of source. We can start there you know.i no its kind of lift your stupid ego a little bit against igbos,but the news to you is that you are being lifted to fall with a loud thud.Now go and read up something and come back with your comments i will be araound to answer,it seems your are slow in mind, these people have suffered genocide for 64 years and lost millions and they came back stonger,there is no easy walk to freedom anywere,i understand your frustration but its entirely your respondsibility of warped thoughts and desire that is the cause!!
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by babapupa: 12:37am On Nov 26, 2010
matazzmagi:

babpupa you are not mentioning the fact that you dispute on these forum,or nigerian history irrespective of source. We can start there you know.i no its kind of lift your silly ego a little bit against igbos,but the news to you is that you are being lifted to fall with a loud thud.Now go and read up something and come back with your comments i will be araound to answer,it seems your are slow in mind, these people have suffered genocide for 64 years and lost millions and they came back stonger,there is no easy walk to freedom anywere,i understand your frustration but its entirely your respondsibility of warped thoughts and desire that is the cause!!

Utter  meaningless rubbish.

I attend to you the very minute you start making sense.
Re: Re-branding The Igbo Nation by matazzmagi(m): 1:26am On Nov 26, 2010
Typical shameless nigerian that loves to hate igbos but dont want them to leave,the igbos staying in nigeria will choke you to the point that you will beg them to go it may be too late then cus many may have opted for biafra instead.you do not determine what will befall nigeria in her future so shut up.the lesson of history is what nigerians skip thier own learning.europeans sacrificed a million of you people for oil. i think is your assumptions that is stupid,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fg To Establish 400 Schools For Almajiris / The Achebe I Knew- Mabel Segun (ex-classmate) / What Is Happening To NL Politics Section?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.