Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group (43580 Views)

Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis / Wike, Sanwoolu And Makinde Conferred With Honorary Doctorate Degrees (Photos) / Chisom Promise Dike Rejects Wike’s SUV Gift, Asks Governor To Repair Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by gregyboy(m): 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

I said take time.

Osagyefo mean in benin God doesn't end

You're claiming igbo but you bear edo name
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Ewedegubbler: 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
LoL..this Ikwere non Igbo nonsense is laughable. 90% of them are married to eastern igbos, Amaechi married from Enugwu Ukwu, Odili and many more. It is a standard practice that their children are sent to their maternal homes to get deeply entrenched into the Igbo culture and way of life so that they can be resourceful. Yet dem no be igbo.

This na just 419 wey Igbos do Nigeria in order for them to not lose Rivers to Alhamajeri and their slaves from the west..

Las Las Igbo Amaka
Edokpolo
Yoruba Ronu
Nigeria ajoka

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Bigcowhorn: 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
show proof or else you gbenu e soun!
Ode!
[/s]
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Bigcowhorn: 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
I don't understand the gibberish u put up there, perhaps that's an igbo language that we Anioma in Delta State can't comprehend.
I'm Anioma from Delta State and I'm not igbo neither do we relate in any way.
[/s]
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by otokx(m): 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2019
immhotep:

please tell us what "Dike Oha" means in Bini language.

chai in Patience voice.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

I have modified it, that was a mistake.

Tracing their ancestry but do they speak Igbo or not? Considering what I wrote in my last post
they speak Igbo but don't see themselves as Igbo. some don't even agree what they speak is Igbo. I have seen someone who tells me what he speaks is Aboh not Igbo. some say what they speak is ukwuani, some Ika and many other names. some tell you Igbo may have influenced their culture and language but they are from Benin. you can't force them to be you when they don't want to be you. Delta is complicated. one of my biggest surprise is seeing an Isoko man as okpala ukwu (traditional ruler in two towns in ndokwa called Ashaka and igbuku . the okpala ukwu of Ashaka actually told me that majority of them migrated from ozoro but adopted the ukwuani language. he told me his ancestor was a prince in ozoro kingdom who migrated to Ashaka,

3 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Kokoebapluse(m): 6:20pm On Dec 08, 2019
I don't know why igbo want to force people to be with them,

To be honest most name in delta and ph and calaba sound like Yoruba name

If somebody tell me that ROTIMI amechi is not a Yoruba I will Deni it, in delta they bear Timi, and all this name can be found in Yoruba too.

Is like those state re from Yoruba
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by otokx(m): 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2019
Delta State is rightly called the Big Heart, we are very generous and yearn for development.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2019
Odingo1:

If they like let them keep on dividing theirselves, people will only take them serious when they start speaking Bini language instead of Igbo. Then stop giving their children Igbo names but rather Bini names.
you call what they speak Igbo but they call it ukwuani, some Aboh, some Ika and any other name they like

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by otokx(m): 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

If somebody tell me that ROTIMI amechi is not a Yoruba I will Deni it, in delta they bear Timi, and all this name can be found in Yoruba too.

My Itsekiri Brothers also answer Yoruba names and they like flex, other tribes abound including the Ijaws, Isokos, Kwales, Urhobos, etc

I think Ikwerres have some similarities with Igbo's just like the Itsekiris have lots of similarities with Yorubas.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by oyatz(m): 6:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
I know Igbos will bring this issue.

1) No ethnic group have a copyright over ANY Language.

2) All over the world, there are examples of different languages that share striking similarities to the extent that they may become partially mutually intelligible e.g Portuguese and Spanish, Yoruba and Itshekiri.

3) No language is inferior to another. Similarities doesn't mean that the languages are bastardized forms of another.

4) Languages evolve over time. E.g Afrikaneer in South Africa evolved from Dutch, English, Zulu and traces of Xhosa.

French evolved from mixture (creole) of Latin and ancient languages of Gaul. Before 1700s, French used to be a pidgin of Latin

Osagyefo98:
Ikwerre ethnic nationality should bring their intellectuals and well versed linguistics and develop a highly structured language for themselves....

They should seat and fathom out a standard, structured and well organized Ikwerre language devoid of any form of Igbo language....

By so doing the sweetness of the language will be explored and transported worldwide to who cares to Listen....

We have has so many scholars who developed languages and the languages are still in use today because even before it gets to the 12th generation the language will be fully assimilated.

For Instance DIKE can be rephrased in Ikwerre language as HAJE........but not banking on already existing Dike to bastardized it as DIKNE...This is purely rubbish and timidly done, so the intellectual needs to step up their games...

Meanwhile Congratulations on your new title as your project speaks boldly for you.....but projects without the people is useless...

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 08, 2019
gregyboy:

Osagyefo mean in benin God doesn't end
You're claiming igbo but you bear edo name
Anyway I no get your time
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Adiwana: 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
you call what they speak Igbo but they call it ukwuani, some Aboh, some Ika and any other name they like

"Ukwu ani" is actually an Igbo word. At the end of the day,it doesn't matter what they think they speak. One can claim to speak Queen's English,American English etc. But at the end of the day,what you in America and other in UK have in common is English

8 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by oyatz(m): 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
This is a publication by Simeon Nwakaudu, the Special Assistant to the Governor of Rivers State.

There's nothing concerning Afonja in this matter.

Success1020:
Afonjas and division. What is Ikwerre ethnic group? You see them wearing Igbo custome and Igbo unique staff inscribbed "Dike Oha."? Is "Dike Oha" a yoruba phrase to you? Anumanu

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
oyatz:

2) All over the world, there are examples of different languages that share striking similarities to the extent that they may become partially mutually intelligible e.g Portuguese and Spanish, Yoruba and Itshekiri.

3) No language is inferior to another. Similarities doesn't mean that the languages are bastardized forms of another.

4) Languages evolve over time. E.g Afrikaneer in South Africa evolved from Dutch, English, Zulu and traces of Xhosa.

French evolved from mixture (creole) of Latin and ancient languages of Gaul. Before 1700s, French used to be a pidgin of Latin

Mind Yorubaland.

Distance from Yorubaland to here is very far.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Kinematics: 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
Even before clicking on the thread I knew them attachee by force will be the majority here.

See them claiming Ikwerre by fire by force. Ibo people una no dey shame? Always attaching by force..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Pure lies and all lies....Stop lying because is already telling on you.

As am speaking Anioma unity cup is ongoing...

No division..They are one with their block votes.

Your lie leaks
Aboh, Akari, igbuku, emu, kwale, Umuti, Umuolu, kwale, benekuku, okpia, Asafo, Ase part of the cup . these are just few communities in ndokwa that don't see themselves as Anioma. if I move to ukwuani now you will see names of community that you don't even know exist. you

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by OgaBuhari: 6:32pm On Dec 08, 2019
[s]
midnighter:

Sosongo eti eti
[/s]
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
Aboh, Akari, igbuku, emu, kwale, Umuti, Umuolu, kwale, benekuku, okpia, Asafo, Ase part of the cup . these are just few communities in ndokwa that don't see themselves as Anioma. if I move to ukwuani now you will see names of community that you don't even know exist. you

Calling Aboh...Lol...You can lie...Aboh I know well..

Abeg die the matter.

next.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
Adiwana:

"Ukwu ani" is actually an Igbo word. At the end of the day,it doesn't matter what they think they speak. One can claim to speak Queen's English,American English etc. But at the end of the day,what you in America and other in UK have in common is English
that Americans speak English does not make them English. even in UK, you still have those who call themselves Welsh , Scot, Irish but they still join the English man in speaking his language to
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Ogurube: 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
Tonto needs to change her last name from Dike to Dikne. Abi?

7 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Calling Aboh...Lol...You can lie...Aboh I know well..

Abeg die the matter.

next.
is Aboh and those communities participating in that your so-called cup
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by midnighter(f): 6:35pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
that Americans speak English does not make them English. even in UK, you still have those who call themselves Welsh , Scot, Irish but they still join the English man in speaking his language to

Americans are descended from the English, which is why they speak English.

Or youre going to say that they "adopted a language similar to English but its not English"? Smh

In fact the variety of English spoken in America is closer to the original English spoken by the colonisers than the English spoken in England today.

Once again, no point.

1 Like

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by IkwerreSon: 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

Wike said it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0COoQtWtHs
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by oyatz(m): 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2019
This is an intellectual forum sir and not a tribal/clannish blogsite.
People from all over Nigeria and indeed all over the world come to this forum.

We have passed that your level of reasoning sir.

Osagyefo98:

Mind Yorubaland.

Distance from Yorubaland to here is very far.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

Okay. So they speak Igbo, not that they "adopted a language similar to Igbo" which is what you wrote.

I am not forcing anything; you are the one trying to remove people from Igbo so that you can feel better.

You have seen people from there who deny that they are Igbo while I have seen plenty and I mean plenty of people from there who boldly tell me that they are Delta Igbo and speak Delta Igbo. Ikwerre who do that are harder to find but at least Delta has plenty of people like that.

So what do we do now? smiley

The truth is that riverine communities are complicated as they often contain a strange mixture of peoples. But that doesnt mean you can just erase somebodys identity just because you feel like it.
you meet with some communities in ndokwa and they tell you what they are speaking is Aboh. some say it is ukwuani not Igbo. some say theirs is Ika not Igbo. I am not the one erasing them. they are not just okay with being called Igbo just as someone will call himself Americans, Welsh, Scot, Irish. those ones speak English but don't call themselves English
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by thatigboman: 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2019
alfasexy:
If Ikwere is not Igbo, why do they insist on speaking Igbo?
I tire o. Dike Oha in Ikwerre is same as in ebonyi, imo, abia, anambra, enugu and even asaba.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by IkwerreSon: 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2019
oyatz:

Wike to Ikwerre People, if anybody ask you where are you from say I am an “Ikwerrre man” video

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by IkwerreSon: 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Ikwerre ethnic nationality should bring their intellectuals and well versed linguistics and develop a highly structured language for themselves....

They should seat and fathom out a standard, structured and well organized Ikwerre language devoid of any form of Igbo language....

By so doing the sweetness of the language will be explored and transported worldwide to who cares to Listen....

We have has so many scholars who developed languages and the languages are still in use today because even before it gets to the 12th generation the language will be fully assimilated.

For Instance DIKE can be rephrased in Ikwerre language as HAJE........but not banking on already existing Dike to bastardized it as DIKNE...This is purely rubbish and timidly done, so the intellectual needs to step up their games...

Meanwhile Congratulations on your new title as your project speaks boldly for you.....but projects without the people is useless...

Wike to Ikwerre People, if anybody ask you where are you from say I am an “Ikwerrre man” video

Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
midnighter:

Americans are descended from the English, which is why they speak English.

Or youre going to say that they "adopted a language similar to English but its not English"? Smh

In fact the variety of English spoken in America is closer to the original English spoken by the colonisers than the English spoken in England today.

Once again, no point.
do Scots, Irish, Welsh and even Americans refers to themselves as Englishmen. Americans came from many places.
Re: Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group by Adiwana: 6:45pm On Dec 08, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

White people who predominantly dominate America are from Europe (UK) by lineage who by the way gave them their Independence. America was/is more of Native Indians and the US govt still pays them certain reparations and recognise them.Doesn't change anything

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

LP’s Legal Team In Court With HD TV As Channels TV Staff Is Called As Witness. / Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum / 5 Youngest Heads Of State In Nigeria's History: Age And Date Of Birth (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.