Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,584 members, 7,847,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:49 PM

He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. (28132 Views)

Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) / Lady Looking For A Man To Propose To. Nigerians Respond (Photos) / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Theophinio(m): 12:43am On Dec 19, 2019
Mekenz:
it is either the girl doesn't fancy you enough or she have other prospective suitor,that you're yet to find out, every girl is hoping and praying for that guy that can sweep her off her feet, I wonder why these your so call sweet heart is still adamant and cold towards your initial proposal, if your cool enough for her in the first place? if I happen to be in your shoe,I won't try to propose to her again,not until she literally begs for it through her actions an inaction, trust me whenever a girl like you for marriage your instinct must tell you, mind you some girl's keep different guy's in their life for their selfish different reasons, you should have known the side you belong,before going ahead in your proposal, please in whatever you're doing with these girl, don't try to buy her over with your story of travelling out soonest.........

I wish you goodluck.

Beloved Op
Listen to him
Here is the Word

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Theophinio(m): 12:44am On Dec 19, 2019
Spiritfun:

We'll guy, I appreciate your contributions but only the man that wears the shoes knows exactly where it aches!

As for my stand on sexual purity, I don't think that's her reason of rejecting my proposals twice cos I didn't take that decision because of her. It been a long time stand of mine that only GOD himself can make me compromise. Believe me, I'm not an ugly person. There's no month that passes without one or two ladies wooing me in their own ways. But I won't react negatively if I find out that I'm not sexually attracted to her. After all, it's not every lady that appeals to me either.

Like I mentioned previously, I'm gonna move on without her but I'm sorry man, that's not until I've tried just one more time. It might sound foolish but I know what I want.

My twin brother
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by foi59: 1:39am On Dec 19, 2019
Op pls common give us the complete gist after your proposal. I like love stories. All the best?
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Chuukwudi(m): 1:57am On Dec 19, 2019
Spiritfun:
I met this beautiful girl sometimes two years ago. She's intelligent, smart and well mannered. I professed my love for her some two months into our friendship but she outrightly said NO.

I decided not to give up on her but to show her more love and care. As days went by, our friendship grew stronger, my love for her grew as well. Our life's goals are so similar that I find it very difficult to let her go.

I made sure I took the center stage in her life by doing everything necessary to help her build her dreams and its working perfectly.

I started showing her off on my social media handles just to test her reaction but contrary to my expectations, she loved it. I was proud that somehow I have perforated her defences.

Along the line, she started professing love to me too and that was the best moment of my emotional life. Then I decided to propose to her again but alas, she said NO and I was very sad and frustrated and she noticed it. At that point, I decided to give up on her and focus on other goals in life. She pleaded with me not to let our friendship die because she's afraid of losing me. I didn't bother to ask her for explanation on why I should still remain her friend without knowing where it will lead to in the end. I didn't also bother to ask her reasons for turning me down two times. I just agreed to her plea and ended the conversation.

I tactically started avoiding her to enable me heal but she would complain and plead with me to keep the friendship. I sucumbed because this girl has almost all the qualities I need in a wife and because of my standard, it's really difficult for me to find someone else that matches my preferences.

I know almost all her secrets and she knows mine too except my plans to travel abroad, preferably Canada. I made sure I did not let her know about this for some reasons.

Then, I found myself being obsessed with her again and she's been all over me too.

Now the crux of the matter is that I have perfected my plans to travel on or before February next year and I want to give her the last chance and propose to her again. I've conditioned my mind to accept whatever response she will give me and move on with or without her.

My major problem is whether to tell her about my travel plans before I propose to her or vice-versa. I know she also nurses the dream of living abroad. I'm afraid she might accept my proposal if I let her know about my Canada plans if I let her know about it before proposing to her.

Kindly advise me on this please cos I don't want to make any mistakes. I LOVE THIS GIRL and I'm certain that will make a good wife for me.

Bruder! I am in exact same situation as you are. Except that I know the reason for her saying no to me.

I'm a Grail Adherent (if you know what that means) while she is a staunch Church person. We are age mates too.

She knows I'm about travelling too yet she says no to me.

It's painful Bruder.

I feel like leaning on your shoulders let's cry together and summon up the courage to dump them once and for all..

But she's too good. I can't leave her still. Maybe distance will help us detach. That's where I've placed it.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Coolgent(m): 6:23am On Dec 19, 2019
Spiritfun:
I met this beautiful girl sometimes two years ago. She's intelligent, smart and well mannered. I professed my love for her some two months into our friendship but she outrightly said NO.

I decided not to give up on her but to show her more love and care. As days went by, our friendship grew stronger, my love for her grew as well. Our life's goals are so similar that I find it very difficult to let her go.

I made sure I took the center stage in her life by doing everything necessary to help her build her dreams and its working perfectly.

I started showing her off on my social media handles just to test her reaction but contrary to my expectations, she loved it. I was proud that somehow I have perforated her defences.

Along the line, she started professing love to me too and that was the best moment of my emotional life. Then I decided to propose to her again but alas, she said NO and I was very sad and frustrated and she noticed it. At that point, I decided to give up on her and focus on other goals in life. She pleaded with me not to let our friendship die because she's afraid of losing me. I didn't bother to ask her for explanation on why I should still remain her friend without knowing where it will lead to in the end. I didn't also bother to ask her reasons for turning me down two times. I just agreed to her plea and ended the conversation.

I tactically started avoiding her to enable me heal but she would complain and plead with me to keep the friendship. I sucumbed because this girl has almost all the qualities I need in a wife and because of my standard, it's really difficult for me to find someone else that matches my preferences.

I know almost all her secrets and she knows mine too except my plans to travel abroad, preferably Canada. I made sure I did not let her know about this for some reasons.

Then, I found myself being obsessed with her again and she's been all over me too.

Now the crux of the matter is that I have perfected my plans to travel on or before February next year and I want to give her the last chance and propose to her again. I've conditioned my mind to accept whatever response she will give me and move on with or without her.

My major problem is whether to tell her about my travel plans before I propose to her or vice-versa. I know she also nurses the dream of living abroad. I'm afraid she might accept my proposal if I let her know about my Canada plans if I let her know about it before proposing to her.

Kindly advise me on this please cos I don't want to make any mistakes. I LOVE THIS GIRL and I'm certain that will make a good wife for me.
Simple advice...
Dont let her know you are going abroad except after she accept your proposal.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by CuteNbad(m): 6:58pm On Dec 19, 2019
extremelygolden:
Don't inform her yet about your plans to immigrate to Canada, that will definitely influence her marital decision.

Propose again for the last time this Yuletide and if she declines you just flow with the relationship. A day or two to your departure to Canada, call her for a discussion and tell her that your desire was to travel out together and spend a lifetime with her, but since you weren't "good enough" for her, you have decided to leave the country alone. That you were actually processing both your travel documents until she declined your marriage proposal the third time.

Tell her you pray she meets the type of man she desires. Wish her well and exit the scene.

And please, make sure that last meeting holds at a neutral place where there will be no room for intimacy, to avoid leaving a child behind (after nine months) on your quest for greener pastures.

I pray she says YES anyway!
@ Spiritfun this is definitely the best advice,go with it

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by victorian(f): 8:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
Chuukwudi:

Bruder! I am in exact same situation as you are. Except that I know the reason for her saying no to me.

I'm a Grail Adherent (if you know what that means) while she is a staunch Church person. We are age mates too.

She knows I'm about travelling too yet she says no to me.

It's painful Bruder.

I feel like leaning on your shoulders let's cry together and summon up the courage to dump them once and for all..

But she's too good. I can't leave her still. Maybe distance will help us detach. That's where I've placed it.

Eeyah cry

I understand the feeling . Such is life but don't worry. You and op will end up falling in love with another women who truly loves both of u back.
If you only u guys can let go of these ones u have right now.

Your gf only see u as her last resolution in case the kind of man she wants doesn't show up. That's the honest truth. Her last bus stop, just incase.
There is no romantic feelings in their hearts towards u and op, that's why they can afford to be friends for so long and not having a care in the world if there is intimacy or not.

And if make the mistake of marrying her, mehn u guys will suffer in marriage. It's not swear o! But real fact.

But the good news is this, as u guys travel out. You will meet women whose character u cherish in a woman. She could be white, she could be African or Nigerian. But trust me u will meet that one woman who will make you guys feel happy and content once again.

So don't cry! Be hopeful and relaxed. Una own will reach una hand.

There is man for every woman. And there is a woman for every man. Be calm and leave it to destiny.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Chuukwudi(m): 8:31pm On Dec 19, 2019
victorian:

Eeyah cry

I understand the feeling . Such is life but don't worry. You and op will end up falling in love with another women who truly loves both of u back.
If you only u guys can let go of these ones u have right now.

Your gf only see u as her last resolution in case the kind of man she wants doesn't show up. That's the honest truth. Her last bus stop, just incase.
There is no romantic feelings in their hearts towards u and op, that's why they can afford to be friends for so long and not having a care in the world if there is intimacy or not.

And if make the mistake of marrying her, mehn u guys will suffer in marriage. It's not swear o! But real fact.

But the good news is this, as u guys travel out. You will meet women whose character u cherish in a woman. She could be white, she could be African or Nigerian. But trust me u will meet that one woman who will make you guys feel happy and content once again.

So don't cry! Be hopeful and relaxed. Una own will reach una hand.

There is man for every woman. And there is a woman for every man. Be calm and leave it to destiny.

Thanks dear. I find your response very comforting! It's not easy though. I'll try.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by victorian(f): 9:07pm On Dec 19, 2019
Chuukwudi:

Thanks dear. I find your response very comforting! It's not easy though. I'll try.

I know it's not easy.

I was once in your shoes as a lady too.
I felt heartbroken, I knew the guy I was in love with back then, only need me as a friend. And he has everything I desire in a husband. We became friends, cause that's what he want.
Do you know his kind of woman he loves, is a matured maybe same age or lil bit older than him but she must be dark, with a masculine tall frame body. There are ladies with such shapes. That's the kind of lady he falls in love with.

Not my kind of feminine, baby faced, Chinese plump look. Lol

When I got know through the lady he started dating after we met, I was sad but I accepted my fate and moved on. He's married to her now. When u truly love someone, and they are not on the same page with you? Allow them to go peacefully .

Later your own will come. Do you know the guy I'm now dating and who shares the same dream and thought process with me is dark from delta state. I thought in my wildest dream, I will. Never date or take a delta man serious but lo and behold, he's 1000% husband material. And funny he looks like my late brother best friend cheesy They look so much alike and he behaves like my late brother and they operate the same occupation.
Can u imagine?
He has sacrificed what so many men who came my way could not sacrificed .
I'm so overwhelmed with emotions that I have even forgotten about the guy I wanted to be with before sef. I call him my angel, cause he's indeed an angel.

God is great o! When u think its over and u won't be able to meet the one meant for u anymore. God will just make them stroll towards u with a smile.

Ha! God I will. Serve you forever!!!! Ti ti lai lai!!!! cheesy

So my friend be cheerful. The best is about to come your way.

4 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by extremelygolden: 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2019
deltateam:

What if she pleads and tells op that was why she rejected because she wanted to travel.

Op will melt. Walai. grin

That's the power of genuine love.
It comes in the ability to forgive.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Chuukwudi(m): 3:50am On Dec 20, 2019
victorian:

I know it's not easy.

I was once in your shoes as a lady too.
I felt heartbroken, I knew the guy I was in love with back then, only need me as a friend. And he has everything I desire in a husband. We became friends, cause that's what he want.
Do you know his kind of woman he loves, is a matured maybe same age or lil bit older than him but she must be dark, with a masculine tall frame body. There are ladies with such shapes. That's the kind of lady he falls in love with.

Not my kind of feminine, baby faced, Chinese plump look. Lol

When I got know through the lady he started dating after we met, I was sad but I accepted my fate and moved on. He's married to her now. When u truly love someone, and they are not on the same page with you? Allow them to go peacefully .

Later your own will come. Do you know the guy I'm now dating and who shares the same dream and thought process with me is dark from delta state. I thought in my wildest dream, I will. Never date or take a delta man serious but lo and behold, he's 1000% husband material. And funny he looks like my late brother best friend cheesy They look so much alike and he behaves like my late brother and they operate the same occupation.
Can u imagine?
He has sacrificed what so many men who came my way could not sacrificed .
I'm so overwhelmed with emotions that I have even forgotten about the guy I wanted to be with before sef. I call him my angel, cause he's indeed an angel.

God is great o! When u think its over and u won't be able to meet the one meant for u anymore. God will just make them stroll towards u with a smile.

Ha! God I will. Serve you forever!!!! Ti ti lai lai!!!! cheesy

So my friend be cheerful. The best is about to come your way.

I sincerely hope that my prayers get answered just like yours. I want to be done with the expect of my life that consists of finding a spouse. I want to find her so I can focus on other things like career and other things.

Time will tell. Let's watch and see.

Thank you once more for your kind words. It shows that you really understand how it feels to be treated in such a way.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by victorian(f): 7:50am On Dec 20, 2019
Chuukwudi:

I sincerely hope that my prayers get answered just like yours. I want to be done with the expect of my life that consists of finding a spouse. I want to find her so I can focus on other things like career and other things.

Time will tell. Let's watch and see.

Thank you once more for your kind words. It shows that you really understand how it feels to be treated in such a way.

Awww, you are welcome dear.

And God will do yours and give you peace of mind concerning those aspects u worry about in your life . No matter how long or short the journey in seeking the right woman meant for you takes, God will fulfil His promises in your life. God has never failed me, since I held onto Him and He won't fail you too in Jesus name ,amen.
I'm so happy this morning. Thank you Jesus. smiley

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by vicombocandela: 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
Bro,don't be in a hurry to ask for hand in marriage.Some friendship are better been just friends.But just like one person has already said,find out the reason then you will know the next step to take.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by bonnyhope: 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2019
Don't force yourself on any woman

& don't force any woman into loving you.

Love should come from the internal feelings not through external force

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Hullabaloon: 9:50am On Dec 22, 2019
Spiritfun:

It's not in my nature to persist around a lady after the first attempt. The reason I can't let go is still beyond me and sometimes, I try to ask myself if I'm under a spell but believe me, I'm in charge of my thoughts.

Till date, if I don't call or chat her in a day, she will get angry and accuse me of not being caring. She obviously can't stay beyond a day without hearing from me and so do I but the reason she won't let us stick together forever in marriage is what baffles me the most.

I've done some background checks but can't see any serious man in her life except me coupled with the fact she shows me off on her social media handles.

Sometimes I've tried to woo two different girls but they reminded me of her and how much she flaunts me on Facebook and as a result they see my moves towards them as trying to get under their pants and zoom off.

If she truly needs me, she better accept this last proposal or forget me forever.

Keep us updated when you propose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Lagos Men Prefer Village Girls / Do You Believe in No-Sex Before Marriage? / What Are The Disadvantages Of Dating Your Neighbor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.