Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:31 AM

He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. (28147 Views)

Lady Looking For A Man To Propose To. Nigerians Respond (Photos) / Man Kneels Down To Propose To His Girlfriend In Uyo As Crowd Gather (Pics, Video / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by leoHomo: 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
lord of the ring
[/s]
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Samuels90: 10:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
Don't be a weak guy, if she say no leave her. She is using you to catch thrips, if u tell her bout your travel plans she will say yes. Don't be a weak man. Damnn!

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Skmoda360(m): 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
Romanoff:
Don't be too in a hurry to be with her. If you know each other as well as you claim or if she loves you as much as you've described, she must have very strong reasons for turning down your proposal.

Find out that or those reason(s), this will determine if you'll need to even propose the second time.
Third time.... undecided
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by bilulu(m): 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
Spiritfun:
I met this beautiful girl sometimes two years ago. She's intelligent, smart and well mannered. I professed my love for her some two months into our friendship but she outrightly said NO.

I decided not to give up on her but to show her more love and care. As days went by, our friendship grew stronger, my love for her grew as well. Our life's goals are so similar that I find it very difficult to let her go.

I made sure I took the center stage in her life by doing everything necessary to help her build her dreams and its working perfectly.

I started showing her off on my social media handles just to test her reaction but contrary to my expectations, she loved it. I was proud that somehow I have perforated her defences.

Along the line, she started professing love to me too and that was the best moment of my emotional life. Then I decided to propose to her again but alas, she said NO and I was very sad and frustrated and she noticed it. At that point, I decided to give up on her and focus on other goals in life. She pleaded with me not to let our friendship die because she's afraid of losing me. I didn't bother to ask her for explanation on why I should still remain her friend without knowing where it will lead to in the end. I didn't also bother to ask her reasons for turning me down two times. I just agreed to her plea and ended the conversation.

I tactically started avoiding her to enable me heal but she would complain and plead with me to keep the friendship. I sucumbed because this girl has almost all the qualities I need in a wife and because of my standard, it's really difficult for me to find someone else that matches my preferences.

I know almost all her secrets and she knows mine too except my plans to travel abroad, preferably Canada. I made sure I did not let her know about this for some reasons.

Then, I found myself being obsessed with her again and she's been all over me too.

Now the crux of the matter is that I have perfected my plans to travel on or before February next year and I want to give her the last chance and propose to her again. I've conditioned my mind to accept whatever response she will give me and move on with or without her.

My major problem is whether to tell her about my travel plans before I propose to her or vice-versa. I know she also nurses the dream of living abroad. I'm afraid she might accept my proposal if I let her know about my Canada plans if I let her know about it before proposing to her.

Kindly advise me on this please cos I don't want to make any mistakes. I LOVE THIS GIRL and I'm certain that will make a good wife for me.
Bro’s if you don’t have documents don’t propose, don’t go and tie someone’s daughter down y u re far away doing ur thing. Don’t hold only visa n propose else she’ll kill u with pressure. I no wat I’m talking. One last thing, don’t make any promise before going else she’ll keep reminding u. Oooh Canada is involved, she’ll rush u cuz most ladies re looking for means to go to Canada. If she no agree now den ditch her

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by VirginSearcher(m): 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
Spiritfun:
I met this beautiful girl sometimes two years ago. She's intelligent, smart and well mannered. I professed my love for her some two months into our friendship but she outrightly said NO.

I decided not to give up on her but to show her more love and care. As days went by, our friendship grew stronger, my love for her grew as well. Our life's goals are so similar that I find it very difficult to let her go.

I made sure I took the center stage in her life by doing everything necessary to help her build her dreams and its working perfectly.

I started showing her off on my social media handles just to test her reaction but contrary to my expectations, she loved it. I was proud that somehow I have perforated her defences.

Along the line, she started professing love to me too and that was the best moment of my emotional life. Then I decided to propose to her again but alas, she said NO and I was very sad and frustrated and she noticed it. At that point, I decided to give up on her and focus on other goals in life. She pleaded with me not to let our friendship die because she's afraid of losing me. I didn't bother to ask her for explanation on why I should still remain her friend without knowing where it will lead to in the end. I didn't also bother to ask her reasons for turning me down two times. I just agreed to her plea and ended the conversation.

I tactically started avoiding her to enable me heal but she would complain and plead with me to keep the friendship. I sucumbed because this girl has almost all the qualities I need in a wife and because of my standard, it's really difficult for me to find someone else that matches my preferences.

I know almost all her secrets and she knows mine too except my plans to travel abroad, preferably Canada. I made sure I did not let her know about this for some reasons.

Then, I found myself being obsessed with her again and she's been all over me too.

Now the crux of the matter is that I have perfected my plans to travel on or before February next year and I want to give her the last chance and propose to her again. I've conditioned my mind to accept whatever response she will give me and move on with or without her.

My major problem is whether to tell her about my travel plans before I propose to her or vice-versa. I know she also nurses the dream of living abroad. I'm afraid she might accept my proposal if I let her know about my Canada plans if I let her know about it before proposing to her.

Kindly advise me on this please cos I don't want to make any mistakes. I LOVE THIS GIRL and I'm certain that will make a good wife for me.
Don't tell her about your traveling plans before proposing and I hope you have your documents for permanent stay if not don't start what you can't finish

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by kilisi(m): 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
Spiritfun:

I honestly don't understand the kind of men we have these days! Haba! How can you propose to someone who says she loves you twice but she rejected your marriage proposal. And you're still thinking of proposing the third time? I can't even propose twice to a lady. I don't have time for nonsense and no girl can take me for a ride.
What nonsense?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
are u sure u wont forget about her as soon as u land in obodo oyibo cheesy
op girls go full the place wey u dey go wey fit distract u from the one wey u don keep in naija
better be very very sure that u love her deeply before making the decision to propose.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
J111333:
If you have a trusted girlfriend before traveling abroad, I suggest you hold her tight in whatever way you can.
A lot of us made that mistake of not doing so and we are still paying for that.

Ehhmmm I said trusted, don't forget that. undecided
,,dat is if u have a trusted girlfriend oo grin grin

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2019
Spiritfun:

. As for the girl in question, I've proved it beyond reasonable doubt that she can be trusted with anything I leave in her custody.
what of her ex or bestie?
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by nextstep(m): 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2019
Guy, it's over with her. Face your lane and find babe in the abroad. There are idiots for sure, but there are also gems.

Spiritfun:
I LOVE THIS GIRL and I'm certain that will make a good wife for me.

Hah hah hah... so says every Nigerian man who has lived to regret it. By the way, I can bet you are not her first choice based on her initial rejection of you and what I'm reading... she might still be holding out for that other guy...

If you bring her over with your funds, you enter one chance, as many many Nigerian men can attest when they took girlfriend-who-became wife abroad. So, since I see this relationship quitting in 1 or two years, might as well cut it now so you both don't waste your valuable time.

Why postpone the inevitable? Konji will catch you, it will catch her too. You will call, she's asleep. She will call, you're at work. You will call, she's not picking... and so on. After 2-3 months the frequency of your calls will reduce and the majority of your conversation will be about how you miss each other, and how life sucks. Meanwhile several ebonies, snowflakes, and mulans will be eyeing you and you will be eyeing them too. Then you and your girlfriend will enter the "pretend I'm not cheating phase", which might lead to fight every call, and mistrust.

Congrats! Go and face your new life in Canada.

6 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Nickymichy(m): 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2019
U won't c ur best until u leave d gud u are seeing... Don't tell her about ur proposed journey before proposing.. If she say yes after u have proposed den may b u are meant to be..but if no..she is just ur gud...d best will come and u will be happy u lost her...may be she is not what you take her to be...I could be wrong dou
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Philipmighty(m): 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
Brother, I suggest u don't tell her u are traveling abroad..she might likely accept you with the fact that she is seeing some potentials in you.. just propose for the last time if she refused just move on with life.. you have better things to do...but on a serious note don't you think that if she eventually accept your proposal and you leave her behind...u sure say guys no go dey screw her till u comes back abi you really trust her to that extent..just my thought anyway?
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by aminusodiq(m): 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
Spiritfun:

Your advice has sunk into my mind and I appreciate that. Let me state that our relationship has been pure platonic and I don't intend to do otherwise with her or any other fellow till the dowry is paid. That is my personal principle and I'm sticking to it 100%. I've really invested a lot of my mental, emotional, strategic resources on this girl so much that it hurts to see her go.

She's not financially demanding and I've not spent up to 20k on her since we started simply because she won't let me spend on her even when I'm willing to. Most times, she asks for loans and I give her but she will always pay back on time even when I am not ready to accept the money from her.

With your advice, I'll conceal my intention of traveling until the last proposal. Thanks
dear op... Pls donot disclose ur intension of traveling abroad dat wil certainly influece her decision, which is not good fr u because she has her reasons for rejecting u on two occassions previosly! Just propose again for d last time, i hope she accepts!!! After den u can notify her, but if she dosnt acept u, let her be... Forget standard... Shes just 1 in 7billion... U wil surely find more!!! Notify her few days bfor u travel so dah u wont leave a bad impression of a friend or an ex lover!!! Tellin her u travelin is like u ar buying her conscience!!! Nigerian ladies ar so much engrossed with d word overseas!!! /#shalom

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by swedbase(m): 10:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
How do you intend to get residence permit in Canada? Your answer will determine my final advise to you.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by kilisi(m): 10:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
Samuels90:
Don't be a weak guy, if she say no leave her. She is using you to catch thrips, if u tell her bout your travel plans she will say yes. Don't be a weak man. Damnn!

There are many men who are not fit to be called men!

Sometimes, I don't blame all these ladies that see themselves as thin gods because some men are the cause.

Imagine proposing twice and still thinking of proposing the third time just because of the illusion that you may not find someone like.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by sharone21(f): 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
I see no reason why people who want to travel keep 'wives' or 'husbands' here with the hope of bringing them over UNLESS if you have a way of getting your papers fast or he/she is in a profession that is hot cake in the country you want to travel to and can get quick papers. This has led to some people even having kid/s here with the hope of reuniting after few years which may later become a decade or more.

4 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by zubinike(m): 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
Spiritfun:

Oga, i don't buy the idea of proposing and running away to Canada ....MBA, you want lock gate and that's selfishness
Keep your travel plans, don't tell her. Propose in January, if she says yes, try do small thing for her head before you jawe. My own share of coins
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Boss13: 10:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
Spiritfun:

I will say this once. When you enter Canada you may regret trying to propose. There are different breeds. Dont forget to bring neck relaxer cos your neck will break from looking.

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Samuels90: 10:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
kilisi:

There are many men who are not fit to be called men!

Sometimes, I don't blame all these ladies that see themselves as thin gods because some men are the cause.

Imagine proposing twice and still thinking of proposing the third time just because of the illusion that you may not find someone like.
Exactly bro, twice. That's crazy, if u beg her to love you, you will beg her in the marriage. Some men cause problems for themselves from the very start, how can u be begin someone to marry you at dis stage and time. The girl knows what she's doing, shes playing him in circles. If she hears bout the Canada plans now, she will start acting love. Guy should Man up.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by ijabiken1(m): 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
Spiritfun:

don't tell her ur plan to travel abroad, bcus if u do she may use that as a yastic to accept ur proposal,women ar not to be trusted o

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by luminouz(m): 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
*sighs*

Relationship again

Which side of the bed did I wake up on today?

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Celense(m): 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
Before you propose to her, you need to consider some certain things.

How many years will you stay in canada?
When are you coming back to marry her?
Can she be able to wait for you?
Don't you think suitors will be coming for her?
What about pressure from family?

Remember she can find a man that she desires more than you or you might meet another woman along the line (stuffs sometimes happen). Tell her about your plans of travelling out, the way she reacts towards it.....then you'll know how to tell her about your intentions towards her. Don't rush into marrying a girl, to avoid making mistakes in marriage.

Or why not do it this way, tell her you love her immensely & you would like to settle down with her if things turns out fine. Hence, If she sees a good man, she should get married. But If God had destined for the both of you to be, so shall it be (To avoid been hurt/promise and fail).
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by boninho: 11:05pm On Dec 17, 2019
Spiritfun:

Bro, I must tell you your approach has nailed you down to a difficult situation. Your actions depict you as a needy type. You make her feel you have no life without her. You are too available, no value. She loves you as you claim but doesn't love you enough to accept your proposal. Any decision she makes now is based on your travel information. Twice she turned you down...damn grow some balls brother. Shes manipulating your emotions. Cut off the regular calls and chats, stop acting needy...you had a life before her. Watch her reactions when you do all these. For the records, as good as you think she is, she is 100% replaceable

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by franchasng: 11:05pm On Dec 17, 2019
Spiritfun:

Don't ever ask her out again, leave her, avoid her, ignore her calls and chats. If she values you and desires to be with you, she will be the one to reach out to you because the communication have been established already.

I speak from experience.

My wife kiss ignored my first request for a date, because of my big ego, I got so angry with her that who the hell is she to reject me. I was so mad and felt so bad that I stooped so low to even ask a girl out. That day my whole world shattered with anger, I felt like rewinding the time so I could avoid asking her out.

Mind you, she was a friend. Everything bad ran through my head. To the extent I was so furious and wondered that is it because she felt she is a doctor, I then hated doctors much more than I hated them before then.

I immediately deleted her number but later re-saved it just so I could know when she calls me if at all she will.

Weeks passed, she didn't, months passed, she didn't, and then it was new year and she sent me a new year message, I ignored, didn't even bother reading it as I got several NY messages so I took it as one of those bullcrap composed NY messages everybody send to everybody.

Later that New Year day, she called me, I felt happy and angry too lol. I didn't pick intentionally.

She called again, my ego and Satan in me said don't pick it lol, I obeyed them. She called the 3rd time and I picked and she greeted me HNY, I replied same to you. She asked how I was, I said cool, you She said she is where I abandoned her Na, I felt happy small lol

To cut it short, I told her I would call her back. I ended the call and rang her back and we spoke for like 2hrs stretch, she told me how she missed talking to me, chatting etc, I felt so happy eh grin

That day, I confirmed that she truly cared but her beauty and the stupid complements she do get from *Hot men were deceiving her lol.

Our courting officially kicked off that day. She was just all over me and wanted to see me at all cost but we were far away. From then, her love superseded mine.

So ignore her.

Don't ever ask her out again because asking her out again is foolishness and shows you are not man enough and that you are desperate & needy, and it will turn her off the more.

Never you ask any lady out more than once. Once you have asked a lady out once, don't repeat it, you have made your intention known, if she wants you, it is her turn to reach out to you or forget it.

There are 1 billion+ better ladies than her and the more you grow in age, wisdom, wealth and everything, the more better ladies you will be meeting as a guy trust me, unless you are not wise and maybe a lousy, uncouth guy, then the more exposed and financially buoyant you become the more difficult it will be for you to meet better ladies.

I like using myself as example when counseling people, don't ever ask that lady out again, just forget her you won't die. Nothing will happen, you are a guy, all you need is to focus on improving your financial life, trust me, you will never lack wonderful ladies both Nigerian ladies and foreign ladies so long as you are doing well financially, don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

Any guy that is of marriageable age and ready to marry and saying he can't find a Lady to marry is either financially broke, financially struggling, insecure or he is not done test driving different pussies.

Once a financially buoyant guy is ready to marry, he will find a worthy lady unless he is naturally dunce and foolish angry

Mind you again, the lady maybe reading this thread and I tell you she is already aware you are traveling out and so she will be waiting for you to come back to propose so she would say yes, so disappoint her and don't go back to ask her out again. Let her be, if she cares she should reach out to you while you do your own shakara for her cool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by STENON(f): 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
Travel out and start uploading your abroad picture... She will propose to you by herself. Just be extremely careful at this injury time so as not to get audio preg...

4 Likes

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by macho44(m): 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
Spiritfun:

Bro, forget LOVE. Dat gal is just STRINGING u along. Abeg i wan folo u travel go CANADA, kindly make space for me inside your Travelling BAG.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by lereinter(m): 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
You aren't a man
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by ibinaboonline: 11:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
Two things: you're on waiting list. Or, she's afraid you've put her on a pedestal she may fall from when she's finally your wife, and she's afraid of what will happen then. Take the advice not to tell her about your traveling plan before asking her again.
Spiritfun:

It's not in my nature to persist around a lady after the first attempt. The reason I can't let go is still beyond me and sometimes, I try to ask myself if I'm under a spell but believe me, I'm in charge of my thoughts.

Till date, if I don't call or chat her in a day, she will get angry and accuse me of not being caring. She obviously can't stay beyond a day without hearing from me and so do I but the reason she won't let us stick together forever in marriage is what baffles me the most.

I've done some background checks but can't see any serious man in her life except me coupled with the fact she shows me off on her social media handles.

Sometimes I've tried to woo two different girls but they reminded me of her and how much she flaunts me on Facebook and as a result they see my moves towards them as trying to get under their pants and zoom off.

If she truly needs me, she better accept this last proposal or forget me forever.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by multiple4u: 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
Why would you even tell her? She has rejected you twice. Nigeria girls play that game a lot. If you tell her, you are automatically forcing her to accept your marriage due to the fact that you are going to Canada. If you do that, she might end up divorcing you later and getting married to the love of her love.
Be wise bro. !
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
Don't try it just tell her if things work out and you happen to be back if is still working out you will marry her if not then let thy will be done , please don't promise or engage any girl, abroad is not child's play you can't tell
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by DrSam4(m): 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2019
You proposed twice
You were rejected twice

You want her as wife 2morrow
You hid canada movement from her

You want to go Canada
You presuming she'll accept if she hear Canada

You want her to wait in Nigeria for now
You presuming she'll wait for you

You want to propose again & go Canada

Ok

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by biggy26: 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
Spiritfun:

Your advice has sunk into my mind and I appreciate that. Let me state that our relationship has been pure platonic and I don't intend to do otherwise with her or any other fellow till the dowry is paid. That is my personal principle and I'm sticking to it 100%. I've really invested a lot of my mental, emotional, strategic resources on this girl so much that it hurts to see her go.

She's not financially demanding and I've not spent up to 20k on her since we started simply because she won't let me spend on her even when I'm willing to. Most times, she asks for loans and I give her but she will always pay back on time even when I am not ready to accept the money from her.

With your advice, I'll conceal my intention of traveling until the last proposal. Thanks
Really good to know you are going to conceal your travel plans, that's just the way to go. I see you are a disciplined guy, so never allow your emotions get the best of you in any decision you make especially at this time.
My suggestion, don't propose again, just ask her why she turned down your proposal twice, if she apologizes and says ok, I accept, then fine. But if she continues with the excuses, don't tell her you're traveling at that point, wait till you get to the airport and check in.
Blessings!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ridiculous Misconceptions And Assumptions About Women. / 4 Tips To Keep A Woman's Attention / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter 3 Years Ago Shares Pre-wedding Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.