Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,417 members, 7,853,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:30 AM

He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. (28148 Views)

Lady Looking For A Man To Propose To. Nigerians Respond (Photos) / Man Kneels Down To Propose To His Girlfriend In Uyo As Crowd Gather (Pics, Video / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:46am On Dec 18, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
Op you didn't state why she refused your approval, once you tell her you're traveling, she'd say yes.
That's not fair. That means she did not love him in the first place.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by deltateam: 6:59am On Dec 18, 2019
Romanoff:
Don't be too in a hurry to be with her. If you know each other as well as you claim or if she loves you as much as you've described, she must have very strong reasons for turning down your proposal.

Find out that or those reason(s), this will determine if you'll need to even propose the second time.

I agree with you.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by deltateam: 7:03am On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

Do you think it will influence her decision?

It will. Everyone wants to leave this country. Who you wan leave behind. She might even forsake you for someone else if she doesn't love you.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by deltateam: 7:07am On Dec 18, 2019
extremelygolden:
Don't inform her yet about your plans to immigrate to Canada, that will definitely influence her marital decision.

Propose again for the last time this Yuletide and if she declines you just flow with the relationship. A day or two to your departure to Canada, call her for a discussion and tell her that your desire was to travel out together and spend a lifetime with her, but since you weren't "good enough" for her, you have decided to leave the country alone. That you were actually processing both your travel documents until she declined your marriage proposal the third time.

Tell her you pray she meets the type of man she desires. Wish her well and exit the scene.

And please, make sure that last meeting holds at a neutral place where there will be no room for intimacy, to avoid leaving a child behind (after nine months) on your quest for greener pastures.

I pray she says YES anyway!

What if she pleads and tells op that was why she rejected because she wanted to travel.

Op will melt. Walai. grin
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by FIRSTSECOND: 7:25am On Dec 18, 2019
Hello Bro!
.. imo.. if you propose to her.. Will you marry her b4 travelling or take her along? If yes, good... investigate her spiritually and physically before proposing and eventually marrying her.
If you will not be able taking her along.. Free her... USE YOUR HEAD NOT YOUR MIND.
.. its better for you to marry an oyinbo that is okay or some nice Nigerians over there.
.. that is my take.
.. don't be in haste to marry.
.. Look b4 you leap!
.. all that glitters in a girl is not gold... love is blind marriage is an eye opener!
Stay blessed
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by maxiuc(m): 7:30am On Dec 18, 2019
Don't tell her about your travel plan

Let her accept you now that you are in Nigeria or forget about whenever you cross to canada
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by limsycutey(f): 7:37am On Dec 18, 2019
Communication is obviously a big problem with you guys. I don't understand why you did not ask her the reasons for her refusal immediately. On the other hand, she should told you her reasons too.

Don't say anything about traveling, call her up and ask her why she has been saying No. I feel she's being unfair to, she does not want to be with you and she does not want to let you go. .

If she doesn't not give any sensible reason for refusal at the end of the day, CUT HER OFF. It won't be easy but for your peace of mind, sever all ties with her and move on with your life.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Sulaimon83: 8:10am On Dec 18, 2019
My dear bother please use your brain, u no travel is an opportunity journey don't expose your self too much...

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by IDERAWOLE(m): 8:40am On Dec 18, 2019
Romanoff:
Don't be too in a hurry to be with her. If you know each other as well as you claim or if she loves you as much as you've described, she must have very strong reasons for turning down your proposal.

Find out that or those reason(s), this will determine if you'll need to even propose the second time.

Follow this advice and close your case. As simple as that. Get to know her fears. She may be double dating for all you care, now in a dilemma of whom to choose.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Froshloaded: 8:53am On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:
I met this beautiful girl sometimes two years ago. She's intelligent, smart and well mannered. I professed my love for her some two months into our friendship but she outrightly said NO.

Op, I would advise you to keep your travellling plans as a secret first, propose to her first and hear the truth. Cos, Nigeria ladies are somehow she might change her mind when she hears you are traveling abroad...
Once she say yes, then tell her about your plans, if she says no too tell her grin
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 18, 2019
Please do not tell her you're going to Canada before proposing. Ask her upfront why she has turned down your proposal twice, and weigh the reasons she gives you. I think you can work out something from there.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Babygal2020(f): 9:20am On Dec 18, 2019
You have proposed twice and she didn't accept you? That's a red flag..... I'm a lady(married)..... She might just like you as a friend, no strings attached.... I have once had a male friend, we were close but I never imagined marrying him. He left in peace.
I must commend you for being celibate!!!! Good luck in your search for true love!!!!!

Spiritfun:
I met this beautiful girl sometimes two years ago. She's intelligent, smart and well mannered. I professed my love for her some two months into our friendship but she outrightly said NO.

I decided not to give up on her but to show her more love and care. As days went by, our friendship grew stronger, my love for her grew as well. Our life's goals are so similar that I find it very difficult to let her go.

I made sure I took the center stage in her life by doing everything necessary to help her build her dreams and its working perfectly.

I started showing her off on my social media handles just to test her reaction but contrary to my expectations, she loved it. I was proud that somehow I have perforated her defences.

Along the line, she started professing love to me too and that was the best moment of my emotional life. Then I decided to propose to her again but alas, she said NO and I was very sad and frustrated and she noticed it. At that point, I decided to give up on her and focus on other goals in life. She pleaded with me not to let our friendship die because she's afraid of losing me. I didn't bother to ask her for explanation on why I should still remain her friend without knowing where it will lead to in the end. I didn't also bother to ask her reasons for turning me down two times. I just agreed to her plea and ended the conversation.

I tactically started avoiding her to enable me heal but she would complain and plead with me to keep the friendship. I sucumbed because this girl has almost all the qualities I need in a wife and because of my standard, it's really difficult for me to find someone else that matches my preferences.

I know almost all her secrets and she knows mine too except my plans to travel abroad, preferably Canada. I made sure I did not let her know about this for some reasons.

Then, I found myself being obsessed with her again and she's been all over me too.

Now the crux of the matter is that I have perfected my plans to travel on or before February next year and I want to give her the last chance and propose to her again. I've conditioned my mind to accept whatever response she will give me and move on with or without her.

My major problem is whether to tell her about my travel plans before I propose to her or vice-versa. I know she also nurses the dream of living abroad. I'm afraid she might accept my proposal if I let her know about my Canada plans if I let her know about it before proposing to her.
For being celibate, I must commend you!!!! Good luck in your search for true love!!!!!

Kindly advise me on this please cos I don't want to make any mistakes. I LOVE THIS GIRL and I'm certain that will make a good wife for me.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Gabflex: 9:48am On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

It's not in my nature to persist around a lady after the first attempt. The reason I can't let go is still beyond me and sometimes, I try to ask myself if I'm under a spell but believe me, I'm in charge of my thoughts.

Till date, if I don't call or chat her in a day, she will get angry and accuse me of not being caring. She obviously can't stay beyond a day without hearing from me and so do I but the reason she won't let us stick together forever in marriage is what baffles me the most.

I've done some background checks but can't see any serious man in her life except me coupled with the fact she shows me off on her social media handles.

Sometimes I've tried to woo two different girls but they reminded me of her and how much she flaunts me on Facebook and as a result they see my moves towards them as trying to get under their pants and zoom off.

If she truly needs me, she better accept this last proposal or forget me forever.
when a man talks like this, e dey sweet my belle.
pls dont tell her your travel plans yet.
try proposing this festive period as it will stir up some percentage of acceptance. if she says NO again bro u must be a deputy bro or boredom killer in her life.
u love her and she knows but she keeps turning you down, its pains alot.
if she reject again, u dont have a problem, just call her when you get to the airport and say goodbye, you will always be ok as far as u are away for greener pastures, you will heal slowly and better.
just dont tell her yet.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by worriedguy(m): 11:18am On Dec 18, 2019
Hi spiritfun I read your story and I must say it's somehow related to mine, the only difference is that am still a student in my finals and the person in question is my coursemate, it's not easy forgetting such person as some people may suggest. I have tried everything I know to forget this lady but it's not possible, I even dated someone else this year in a bid to forget her but the relationship crashed within two months.

On the reason why she doesn't want to date me, she told one of my friends that relationship these days is all about s*x and she did made up her mind to just be on her own, she never told me these though.

We are good friends and she is one person who will always call to Check on me if she doesn't hear from me for some time, even when we are in school if we don't get to talk in class or chat in a week she will say I am avoiding her or something.

Anyway keep us updated on what plan to do because it will help me make the right decision concerning my own situation too.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 18, 2019
franchasng:
Don't ever ask her out again, leave her, avoid her, ignore her calls and chats. If she values you and desires to be with you, she will be the one to reach out to you because the communication have been established already.

I speak from experience.

My wife kiss ignored my first request for a date, because of my big ego, I got so angry with her that who the hell is she to reject me. I was so mad and felt so bad that I stooped so low to even ask a girl out. That day my whole world shattered with anger, I felt like rewinding the time so I could avoid asking her out.

Mind you, she was a friend. Everything bad ran through my head. To the extent I was so furious and wondered that is it because she felt she is a doctor, I then hated doctors much more than I hated them before then.

I immediately deleted her number but later re-saved it just so I could know when she calls me if at all she will.

Weeks passed, she didn't, months passed, she didn't, and then it was new year and she sent me a new year message, I ignored, didn't even bother reading it as I got several NY messages so I took it as one of those bullcrap composed NY messages everybody send to everybody.

Later that New Year day, she called me, I felt happy and angry too lol. I didn't pick intentionally.

She called again, my ego and Satan in me said don't pick it lol, I obeyed them. She called the 3rd time and I picked and she greeted me HNY, I replied same to you. She asked how I was, I said cool, you She said she is where I abandoned her Na, I felt happy small lol

To cut it short, I told her I would call her back. I ended the call and rang her back and we spoke for like 2hrs stretch, she told me how she missed talking to me, chatting etc, I felt so happy eh grin

That day, I confirmed that she truly cared but her beauty and the stupid complements she do get from *Hot men were deceiving her lol.

Our courting officially kicked off that day. She was just all over me and wanted to see me at all cost but we were far away. From then, her love superseded mine.

So ignore her.

Don't ever ask her out again because asking her out again is foolishness and shows you are not man enough and that you are desperate & needy, and it will turn her off the more.

Never you ask any lady out more than once. Once you have asked a lady out once, don't repeat it, you have made your intention known, if she wants you, it is her turn to reach out to you or forget it.

There are 1 billion+ better ladies than her and the more you grow in age, wisdom, wealth and everything, the more better ladies you will be meeting as a guy trust me, unless you are not wise and maybe a lousy, uncouth guy, then the more exposed and financially buoyant you become the more difficult it will be for you to meet better ladies.

I like using myself as example when counseling people, don't ever ask that lady out again, just forget her you won't die. Nothing will happen, you are a guy, all you need is to focus on improving your financial life, trust me, you will never lack wonderful ladies both Nigerian ladies and foreign ladies so long as you are doing well financially, don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

Any guy that is of marriageable age and ready to marry and saying he can't find a Lady to marry is either financially broke, financially struggling, insecure or he is not done test driving different pussies.

Once a financially buoyant guy is ready to marry, he will find a worthy lady unless he is naturally dunce and foolish angry

Mind you again, the lady maybe reading this thread and I tell you she is already aware you are traveling out and so she will be waiting for you to come back to propose so she would say yes, so disappoint her and don't go back to ask her out again. Let her be, if she cares she should reach out to you while you do your own shakara for her cool
But Chairman, u be female for ur profile.. Haba!!
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Graxie(f): 11:37am On Dec 18, 2019
I thought most nairand boys claim marriage is not for love but for interest. Why are you guys finding it hard to see that the girl is yet to get her deal from this relationship? Why are you hiding about your going to Canada Mr poster? You want to propose and tie her down with fake promises. I hope the girl stand her ground, she needs to be sure of her future.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Nikkygold4life(f): 11:58am On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

That's my dilemma!! I don't want to have anything to do with white ladies. As for the girl in question, I've proved it beyond reasonable doubt that she can be trusted with anything I leave in her custody.

When you're done, contact me, I have blood sisters that fits your description, and they are close to where you are relocating to. It is well with you.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

I decided not to give up on her but to show her more love and care. As days went by, our friendship grew stronger, my love for her grew as well. Our life's goals are so similar that I find it very difficult to let her go.

I made sure I took the center stage in her life by doing everything necessary to help her build her dreams and its working perfectly.

I started showing her off on my social media handles just to test her reaction but contrary to my expectations, she loved it. I was proud that somehow I have perforated her defences.

Along the line, she started professing love to me too and that was the best moment of my emotional life. Then I decided to propose to her again but alas, she said NO and I was very sad and frustrated and she noticed it. At that point, I decided to give up on her and focus on other goals in life. She pleaded with me not to let our friendship die because she's afraid of losing me. I didn't bother to ask her for explanation on why I should still remain her friend without knowing where it will lead to in the end. I didn't also bother to ask her reasons for turning me down two times. I just agreed to her plea and ended the conversation.

I tactically started avoiding her to enable me heal but she would complain and plead with me to keep the friendship. I sucumbed because this girl has almost all the qualities I need in a wife and because of my standard, it's really difficult for me to find someone else that matches my preferences.

I know almost all her secrets and she knows mine too except my plans to travel abroad, preferably Canada. I made sure I did not let her know about this for some reasons.

Then, I found myself being obsessed with her again and she's been all over me too.

Now the crux of the matter is that I have perfected my plans to travel on or before February next year and I want to give her the last chance and propose to her again. I've conditioned my mind to accept whatever response she will give me and move on with or without her.

My major problem is whether to tell her about my travel plans before I propose to her or vice-versa. I know she also nurses the dream of living abroad. I'm afraid she might accept my proposal if I let her know about my Canada plans if I let her know about it before proposing to her.

Kindly advise me on this please cos I don't want to make any mistakes. I LOVE THIS GIRL and I'm certain that will make a good wife for me.
bro.. she will say no again... Cos if u were close by to her in terms of distance and she said no.. then i feel continent's away will make her say no... I knw u re a gentleman.. but weeks before u plan on proposing..try asking her whats her reason or ur fault why she is turning down.. so u would knw whether not to waste time with her... And again.. many things would come to her mind..the oyinbo pepper ladies u would see.... So bro.. ur stuff is complicated.. To me.. if she says yes... Decline the relationship...cos i feel u just wanna win by making her say yes.. u really dontove her..cos.. there re lots of ladies.. especially the fact u will go to Canada and see things.. so
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Pegzzyg(f): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
Op, great people here has said it, please come back & give us feedback after asking her why she keeps rejecting your proposal. All the best!
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by vik110(m): 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
Propose first before telling her anything about abroad cuz girls no dey use ear hear anything abroad
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by snowblaq(f): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

Do you think it will influence her decision?

Yes I believe letting her know about your travel plans will influence her to say yes even when she doesn't really mean it.. ..just ask her without telling her.. If she says yes.. .then go ahead to tell her later.. .but if she says No.. .then just cut off ties with her and let her also know you'll be leaving the country. ...
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by saydfact(m): 12:48pm On Dec 18, 2019
@Spiritfun

There's no need to ask a women to marry you then you travel out.

1st... You'll be there for a minimum about 3 or 4 yrs and she'll be forced to wait or hope

2ndly... Out of sight is.... (you might not agree because you think you love her and can't meet any1 like her until you meet someone in Canada that you consider better.

Lastly... You obviously ain't ready for marriage because you didn't make mention of that... So, give it time, just tell her you're traveling and don't ask her out.

Things would sort itself out.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by alphaNomega: 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

Sometimes I wonder if it is the type of guys we have these days, or internet data is so cheap any riffraff can afford to post nonsense stories online.

Will you face front and leave this country?! angry

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by dederocs(m): 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2019
Y'all and this abroad matter, propose if you like, so many dey abroad dey struggle...abroad na eldorado? undecided... stupid post

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by NELLY1990: 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2019
I think if u propose the second time she will accept for the fact that she don’t want to loose u. And about ur plans living the country I think u should tell her if u love her enough. Love is not all about material things abeg.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by DedeNkem: 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

When is NO, is NO to you? You can't force a lady who only wants you in friend-zone, to go deeper than that!

Just move on with your life!
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Sprumbaba: 3:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
[quote author=Spiritfun post=84984150][/quote]

I was in your shoe.
The kind of babe wey you go see for Canada, you go thank your star you did not get hooked in Naija.
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Owiii(m): 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

Propose to her without telling her
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by chima4UK(m): 4:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

Follow your heart bro. What makes you think that she’s not aware of your travel plans?
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by shem4soul: 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
Spiritfun:

I ve gone through d comments above and I agree with majority of them...

bro,let me tell u d truth, d Lady does not love u,even if u finally end up with her and take her to Canada, she will still leave u when things re not going right...

I'm in a similar situation as urs,though I later asked her what makes her reject my offer,she mistakenly said dat she can't tie herself down with a man for long,I.e perhaps she thinks dat i won't be ready soon,...but she is ready to make me her best friend I.e Friend zone me.if she has no other alternative, she will use me as a substitute. she said we should see what d future holds.

i ve also friend zone her,cause I ve reduced my calls and d way I picked her calls, maybe once in a month we talk on phone...

my little advice for u is that u should forget her,their re millions of lady dat re far better than her. u don't know what d future holds...
how do u know she will make a better wife??

go to Canada, secure ur future,u will see a better lady dat suit u and can add value to ur life.

I travelled recently to somewhere far from home,and I met countless of ladies dat ve more quality than d one I'm dying for over a year...
educated,goal oriented and respectful..
I'm even confused, I don't even know who to date,cause each of them ve something spectacular dan d one I used one year to pursue...

pls,don't make d mistake of telling her about Canada and then proposing to her,she will certainly accept,and later use and dump u...
be wise...
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by shem4soul: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2019
shem4soul:

I ve gone through d comments above and I agree with majority of them...

bro,let me tell u d truth, d Lady does not love u,even if u finally end up with her and take her to Canada, she will still leave u when things re not going right...

I'm in a similar situation as urs,though I later asked her what makes her reject my offer,she mistakenly said dat she can't tie herself down with a man for long,I.e perhaps she thinks dat i won't be ready soon,...but she is ready to make me her best friend I.e Friend zone me.if she has no other alternative, she will use me as a substitute. she said we should see what d future holds.

i ve also friend zone her,cause I ve reduced my calls and d way I picked her calls, maybe once in a month we talk on phone...

my little advice for u is that u should forget her,their re millions of lady dat re far better than her. u don't know what d future holds...
how do u know she will make a better wife??

go to Canada, secure ur future,u will see a better lady dat suit u and can add value to ur life.

I travelled recently to somewhere far from home,and I met countless of ladies dat ve more quality than d one I'm dying for over a year...
educated,goal oriented and respectful..
I'm even confused, I don't even know who to date,cause each of them ve something

spectacular dan d one I used one year to pursue...

pls,don't make d mistake of telling her about Canada and then proposing to her,she will certainly accept,and later use and dump u...
be wise...

some of my married friends do tell me not to force a relationship, especially marriage...

marriage is another school of its own
Re: He Wants To Propose To Her Before Traveling Abroad, Please Advise. by Digbick: 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2019
Propose to her whatever the answer accept it, but don't let her know your intention of travelling out, if she knows before proposing to her she might accept and use you as a leverage to travel and break up might come in after she has achieved her aim.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Tips To Keep A Woman's Attention / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter 3 Years Ago Shares Pre-wedding Photo / Romancelanders Hall Of Fame 2016 Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.